User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She still looks great

Been to her last four tours, will go to the next one aswell.
View Quote

Nothing wrong with any age. I just felt a lot of "this generation" and "she's just young" types of comments seemed misled... maybe not, idk. To me a 16-24 year old better fits those types of comments... but perhaps that's just me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I dont get it.  Average face, 12 year boy body, average at best voice, her songs are nearly indistinguishable from each other, lyrics are full of teen angst.  Who the fuck listens to this crap.  Her target audience has to be 6 to 14 year old girls because anyone with any taste in music cannot find her “music” remotely entertaining.  Its like listening to dirty asshole.
View Quote

I don't get it either.

I've never heard her sing, and likely never will.

Her looks are average, but I can see how pre-teen boys would find her attractive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:23:35 AM EDT
[#3]
She was fine to listen to before she took herself too seriously. The whole "sultry club beats artist" shtick doesn't really suit her IMO, but it was a brilliant marketing move that got her original tween and teen girl fan base to stick around into their twenties and thirties.

Oh, and any adult who refers to her as "Tay-Tay" with a straight face might have their own lost adolescence issues.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:33:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't really feel compelled to.

There is so much music available on demand, that there literally aren't enough hours available for the rest of my life to listen to it all. There's that much. I'm so spoiled for choices at this point, that I can't really be bothered to wonder why Taylor Swift resonates with anybody, for any reason. She doesn't resonate with me, and that's fine - because in physical media alone, I've got ~1,200 LPs to occupy my time. And when that's not enough, I have YouTube and Spotify - both of which are as near as makes no difference, an infinite source of even more music.

There are tens of thousands of artists I will never hear, who I'd no doubt find just as uninteresting as Taylor Swift. And I don't feel any real need to preemptively guess why I wouldn't care for them either.
View Quote

If it wasn’t for kids, I’d also put Taylor Swift in the “who cares” bucket.

The difference is, I can hand my 12 year old daughter a guitar and she can play a Taylor Swift song.

She can also play a Guns & Roses song, or Metallica.  But you get my drift.  

When was that age, I also was into what was famous and popular.  It’s only later that I didn’t care that no one else had ever heard of the music I like - self actualization and all that.

So for now, I listen to more Taylor Swift than I would, ideally.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:51:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dont get it.  Average face, 12 year boy body, average at best voice, her songs are nearly indistinguishable from each other, lyrics are full of teen angst.  Who the fuck listens to this crap.  Her target audience has to be 6 to 14 year old girls because anyone with any taste in music cannot find her “music” remotely entertaining.  Its like listening to dirty asshole.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:18:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:20:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That does seem to come with age (I'm 44).

I'm waaaaaay too preoccupied with my own shit, to get too deep into the weeds wondering why other people (especially kids) listen to their shit.

And even if I did come with a reason why Taylor Swift was so popular (like - a super deep academic understanding of it, hypothetically), I'm not sure how useful that knowledge would be. What would I even do with that knowledge? So I'm right back to "It doesn't matter, really".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is, I can hand my 12 year old daughter a guitar and she can play a Taylor Swift song.

She can also play a Guns & Roses song, or Metallica.  But you get my drift.  

When was that age, I also was into what was famous and popular.  It's only later that I didn't care that no one else had ever heard of the music I like - self actualization and all that.

So for now, I listen to more Taylor Swift than I would, ideally.
That does seem to come with age (I'm 44).

I'm waaaaaay too preoccupied with my own shit, to get too deep into the weeds wondering why other people (especially kids) listen to their shit.

And even if I did come with a reason why Taylor Swift was so popular (like - a super deep academic understanding of it, hypothetically), I'm not sure how useful that knowledge would be. What would I even do with that knowledge? So I'm right back to "It doesn't matter, really".

I’m with you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:20:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Slightly above average communist whore who appeals largely to teeny boppers and...apparently, weirdo arfcommers, even though the petty bitch spends all her time supporting democrats and whining about guns.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:24:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:06:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Flat chested Elvis with less talent
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Flat chested Elvis with less talent
View Quote

And those friggin' shiny ass tights or spanks that she wears look dumb. I assume it's to hide cellulite or white legs with veins or something.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#13]
So not being able to avoid them pimping out her new “Eras”:tour, I at first found the name to be only slightly annoying.

However, after being exposed to the latest Disney + propaganda piece where she explains that she’s been making music for 17 years and many different “eras”, I now find the arrogance absolutely infuriating.

I know it’s just a calculated marketing ploy by one of her managers / record producers but it seems to me she’s had exactly two modes.  The first 8 years she spent as a fake country artist that sang about kid stuff.  This was fair enough as she was a kid.  The second 8 years she has rebranded as Pop singer, only nothing has changed about her songs.  This is despite her now being much closer to 40 than 17.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Grown men on a gun forum are obsessed with her and starts about her everyday.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So not being able to avoid them pimping out her new “Eras”:tour, I at first found the name to be only slightly annoying.

However, after being exposed to the latest Disney + propaganda piece where she explains that she’s been making music for 17 years and many different “eras”, I now find the arrogance absolutely infuriating.

I know it’s just a calculated marketing ploy by one of her managers / record producers but it seems to me she’s had exactly two modes.  The first 8 years she spent as a fake country artist that sang about kid stuff.  This was fair enough as she was a kid.  The second 8 years she has rebranded as Pop singer, only nothing has changed about her songs.  This is despite her now being much closer to 40 than 17.
View Quote

Spot on. I remember watching her open the NFL season during her young "era" and she was very unpolished. Her voice was weak and pitchy. She's probably better now, though I'll never know because I won't watch her perform.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:17:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is correct.

OP, you may not like her music or her looks or her style.  All the evidence points to her immense success, charity and business acumen.  If you do not understand that, it does not make you edgy, it makes you look stupid.  Basically what you are saying is you do not understand success because you do not know what it looks like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She has a net worth of about a billion dollars. Billion with a "B". You're right. She has no appeal to anyone....

This is correct.

OP, you may not like her music or her looks or her style.  All the evidence points to her immense success, charity and business acumen.  If you do not understand that, it does not make you edgy, it makes you look stupid.  Basically what you are saying is you do not understand success because you do not know what it looks like.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't listen to pedophiles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm, Michael Jackson would like to have a word with you.

I don't listen to pedophiles.

Virtue signal duly noted, but that’s has nothing to do with my comment.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The type of grown women that like her are the same types that graduate high school, go to college to be teachers, graduate college and then go back to school as a teacher and end up having sex with one their students.  They're mentally or emotionally stunted.  They want to keep living like they're 16 years old.
View Quote

My wife and I were in a James Avery store and there was a lady in her late 30s/early 40s who was loudly declaring to the employees that she was starting a Taylor Swift themed charm bracelet.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#20]
She's a talentless hack promoted by the industry. A vapid creation of the same people who brought you Brittany Spears, et. al
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Just the new pretty face that's pushed by hollywierd

don't worry next year it will be someone new
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
She's cute and her songs are catchy and pleasant.

It's not everyone else, it's you. Don't cut yourself on that edge.
View Quote

Basically this.

Let's all jump on the hate on TS bandwagon, Arfcom.  Don't try to think for yourself.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Became a satanist and is promoted by the satanist to influence the masses.    You don't get anywhere in the entertainment industry until you sell your soul.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, clearly several Million if not Billion people disagree with your assessment.
And they pay alot of money for her music, concerts and apparel.
So you're the stupid one, not her.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For some reason she appeals to 40 year old women
View Quote

found the ghey
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Add in the haircut and you sound like my parents complaining about The Beatles.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Taylor Swift is old boomer music these days. She is pushing 40 years old.

Olivia Rodriguez is the new teenie bopper music.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For some reason she appeals to 40 year old women
View Quote

40 year old women want to be 20 again.  Lots of her current middle aged fans came up with her.  More of all ages are being added due to the insane level of exposure.  She's mastered the pop formula and kept both the music and her public persona neutral enough to be ok almost everywhere.

You can not like her music and that's ok, but the mere fact that she does write songs, plays an instrument, and doesn't spend the whole time twerking on stage puts her ahead 87% of our current "musicians".  She's putting the work in, and it's really quite amazing what she's managed to do without being an exceptional signer or being insanely hot.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Repairs clothing, has very rapid turn around.
View Quote

Hahahahhahahahah
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
She's a talentless hack promoted by the industry. A vapid creation of the same people who brought you Brittany Spears, et. al
View Quote

Username checks out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#32]
IMO her popularity is boosted by the fact that she's not covered in tattooes, doesn't act (much) like a whore, etc.

Compared to 95% of other pop artists over the past 10 years or so, and she comes off as wholesome.   Thus, she appeals to a broad range of middle Americans.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
IMO her popularity is boosted by the fact that she's not covered in tattooes, doesn't act (much) like a whore, etc.

Compared to 95% of other pop artists over the past 10 years or so, and she comes off as wholesome.   Thus, she appeals to a broad range of middle Americans.
View Quote

Tattoos are far more accepted than GD would have you believe.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Some of y'all don't crank up Miss Americana to 11 in your 2500 Ram and it shows!

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I agree, OP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You should though. Her concerts are a lot of fun, and something you and your daughter would remember forever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 5 year old daughter loves her music.  I play a variety most days on the way to daycare.  I won't be shelling out for concert tickets though.

You should though. Her concerts are a lot of fun, and something you and your daughter would remember forever.

Hell No. With lyrics like, "they say I did something bad, then why's it feel so good?" gay men in tight leather snake costumes feeling her up, and her demonic symbolism, that's one of the worst things a dad could do to his young girl.  And frankly, it's a wicked suggestion.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Don't recall ever hearing her music.  That said, why all the hostility?  Some of you think god endowed you with the power to decide for others what they should do.  And the 12 year old body comments are just sad.  What little I've seen of TS doesn't look like any 12 year old boys physique.  Maybe some of the closet pedo's here should expand their musical horizons...

Paladin
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#39]
As far as her music, lots of people grew up listening to her so it’s familiar so that’s what they like/listen to just like every other genre of music

As far as men going crazy over her, most dudes are married/involved with cheese hog/ borderline cheese hog women with shit attitude….she’s not ugly, not fat and comes across as upbeat  so the exact opposite of what most men are attached to

I don’t see the attraction, being generous she’s average at best
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#40]
My little girls don't need to listen to this.   Parents, teachers, this is what's influencing your children.  This isn't the same Taylor Swift of 20 years ago.

"I never trust a narcissist
But they love me
So I play 'em like a violin
And I make it look, oh, so easy
'Cause for every lie I tell them
They tell me three
This is how the world works
Now all he thinks about is me
I can feel the flames on my skin
Crimson red paint on my lips
If a man talks shit, then I owe him nothing
I don't regret it one bit, 'cause he had it comin'
They say I did something bad
Then why's it feel so good?

Most fun I ever had
And I'd do it over and over
And over again if I could
It just felt so good, good

I never trust a playboy
But they love me
So I fly 'em all around the world
And I let them think they saved me
They never see it coming
What I do next
This is how the world works
You gotta leave before you get left
I can feel the flames on my skin
He says, "Don't throw away a good thing"
But if he drops my name, then I owe him nothing
And if he spends my change, then he had it comin'
Most fun I ever had
And I'd do it over and over
And over again if I could
It just felt so good
They're burning all the witches even if you aren't one
They got their pitchforks and proof
Their receipts and reasons
They're burning all the witches even if you aren't one
So light me up, light me up (Light me up, light me up)
Light me up, go ahead and light me up (Light me up, light me up)
Light me up, light me up (Light me up, light me up)
Light me up, light me up (Light me up)
Then why's it feel so good? (Good)
Most fun I ever had (Most fun I ever had)
And I'd do it over and over, and over again if I could

Oh, they say I did something bad
(They say I did something bad)
Then why's it feel so good, good?
So bad, why's it feel so good?
Why's it feel, why's it feel so good? (Bad)
"

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#41]
music is decent.

she isn't that hot though...I wish her luck taming Travis Kelce's hog
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Madonna
Michael Jackson
U2

It’s like that.  She’s a pop singer…. Pop music has always been mindless drivel.  She’s a vapid representative of a vapid generation, singing songs about her fucked up relationships to the most socially fucked up generation this planet has ever produced.  Whoever figured out how to monetize her millenial angst is brilliant, though.

Anyone who thinks her looks are “average” needs to go girl watching at Walmart and get back to us.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Every single one of her "songs" is useless annoying drivel.  

If all the songs in the world, there are only about six that will cause me to immediately turn off the radio or change the station...yeah, I like radio..

And to that half dozen you can add anything by Taylor Swift.  She comes on the air, and it's an immediate reach for the button. .bye Bitch...

I don't get it.  All her songs channel the " I'm a victim, men bad" vibe, so it must be an estrogen channelling attraction with female listeners.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#44]
We need a Taylor Swift forum.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

She's an archetype of the most popular girl in high school, which explains why so many women love her and so many men hate her.
View Quote

I think you have that backwards
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

The industry stopping having to promote her a long time ago.   All those 40 year old women who love her didn’t just wake up yesterday loving her; they’ve been fans for nearly 20 years.  Guess who loves the shit out of her now?  5 year olds. She’ll be doing the Super Bowl 75 halftime show while we’re outside yelling at clouds.  

Plus, since she isn’t doing stupid stuff to get 9-figure judgements dropped on her, she is going to rapidly go from “billionaire” to “multibillionaire”.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Because she’s a good songwriter and singer from country and pop. Half her music is from when she was younger so of course it makes sense that her songs reflect a younger age than she is now. Would you rather have girls lining up for a singer like Cardi B that sings  “bring a bucket and a mop for this Wet Ass Pussy.  Give me everything you got for this Wet Ass Pussy”
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#48]
She’s become a type of Demi-god to 30-40 yr old women and simps. They literally worship her.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top