[#1]
SAPS is bad ass mo'fos!
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 3:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DSA got a contract to  help rearm the SA police with FN FAL's

What?

Long story short the older r4 rifles aka galil clones are having issues with cracked trunnions etc. back a few years ago the sa govt destroyed a ton of R1 Fal rifles . They are trying to reintroduce the Fal into police service on a wider scale. Dsa got a contract to help them out.

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 3:34:21 AM EDT
[#3]
What is firearms ownership like ther?
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 4:45:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Africa is a violent place you say ?
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Hungarian girlfriend who was born in SA.

She was a police officer and in a major drug unit.

The druggies found her family and basically massacred everyone as a warning to her.

She fled SA and lived in Hungary until she got a visa to immigrate to Canada.

She still shoots and digs guns but she is really really scarred from her experience.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 5:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_South_Africa

In South Africa, owning a gun is conditional on a competency test and several other factors, including background checking of the applicant, inspection of an owner's premises, and licensing of the weapon by the police introduced in July 2004. The process is currently undergoing review,[1] as the police are at present, not able to adequately or within reasonable time, process either competency certification, new licenses or renewal of existing licenses. Minimum waiting period frequently exceeds 2 years from date of application

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Foreign/South-Africas-Deadly-Disaster.htm

When not banning guns outright, the gun prohibition lobbies—both in the United States and abroad—promote gun owner licensing as a “reasonable” and “sensible” regulation. Yet, the terrible experience of South African gun owners shows how purportedly “reasonable” licensing can be used to devastate a culture of responsible gun ownership.

Most of what has been done to South African gun owners is already being pushed in the United States: gun rationing; targeting the poor and people of color; making gun ownership unaffordable; confiscating guns without compensation; and implementing a licensing system that can be deliberately abused in order to stop good people from owning guns.

Add to this list a government that plays a leading role in arming violent criminals, and you have the deadly disaster of today’s South Africa.

The mechanism for gun rights destruction was the Firearms Control Act (FCA), passed in 2000 by the South African Parliament. The key force behind the bill was Gun Free South Africa, one of the many global gun ban lobbies funded by George Soros.

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 6:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In South Africa, owning a gun is conditional on a competency test and several other factors, including background checking of the applicant, inspection of an owner's premises, and licensing of the weapon by the police introduced in July 2004. The process is currently undergoing review,[1] as the police are at present, not able to adequately or within reasonable time, process either competency certification, new licenses or renewal of existing licenses. Minimum waiting period frequently exceeds 2 years from date of application

When not banning guns outright, the gun prohibition lobbies—both in the United States and abroad—promote gun owner licensing as a "reasonable” and "sensible” regulation. Yet, the terrible experience of South African gun owners shows how purportedly "reasonable” licensing can be used to devastate a culture of responsible gun ownership.

Most of what has been done to South African gun owners is already being pushed in the United States: gun rationing; targeting the poor and people of color; making gun ownership unaffordable; confiscating guns without compensation; and implementing a licensing system that can be deliberately abused in order to stop good people from owning guns.

Add to this list a government that plays a leading role in arming violent criminals, and you have the deadly disaster of today’s South Africa.

The mechanism for gun rights destruction was the Firearms Control Act (FCA), passed in 2000 by the South African Parliament. The key force behind the bill was Gun Free South Africa, one of the many global gun ban lobbies funded by George Soros.

Spot on.  Additionally civilians are not allowed to own semi-auto rifles.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

When not banning guns outright, the gun prohibition lobbies—both in the United States and abroad—promote gun owner licensing as a "reasonable” and "sensible” regulation. Yet, the terrible experience of South African gun owners shows how purportedly "reasonable” licensing can be used to devastate a culture of responsible gun ownership.

Not true unless things have changed.

This is a real Rhodie Para that is owned by a gentleman in South Africa.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When not banning guns outright, the gun prohibition lobbies—both in the United States and abroad—promote gun owner licensing as a “reasonable” and “sensible” regulation. Yet, the terrible experience of South African gun owners shows how purportedly “reasonable” licensing can be used to devastate a culture of responsible gun ownership.

Fuck George soros

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#10]
They spend a lot of time with their muzzles pointed at each others' heads and spines.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I lived in SA in 1982, at that time everyone I knew carried. At home, at work, anywhere, anytime. It wasn't at all uncommon for me to hear first hand stories of people using their guns to thwart attackers and burglars.

ETA: The majority of Police I met were Afrikaners, a tough bunch indeed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not true unless things have changed.

http://youtu.be/_JaQlUKt-QM

This is a real Rhodie Para that is owned by a gentleman in South Africa.

That Rhodesian Para looks so good.

I may be wrong.  Last I heard in 2010 that was the case.  

Okay I just looked it up to make sure that I don't spread false statements.  You are right, I was wrong.  But they are even more regulated.  

Sorry about that.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#13]
TAG
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I so wish SA was a viable alternative to the US, some of the scenery is breathtaking.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I worked with  bunch of SAs.  Their training methods are.....different.

Fire your fucking gun!

and

Great Grandpa, the PMC
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Fire your fucking gun!

and

Great Grandpa, the PMC
FIRE YOUR FUCKING GUN! BAM BAM BAM FIRE YOUR FUCKING GUN!

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Fire your fucking gun!

and

Great Grandpa, the PMC

That man is hardcore!

Just imagine the stories he has to tell.

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Love the shorty R-4's.

Oh yeah. I'll just leave this here.

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Love the shorty R-4's.

Oh yeah. I'll just leave this here.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 2:55:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I remember running into some of those special task force guys when I was a teenager.

I actually ended up having dinner with two of them, then they took me for a ride along, they do not mess around, you do not want to get on their bad side.

Those of you who like the R4 and the R5, have you seen the shorter R6?

The Vektor 5.56 mm R6 compact assault rifle is a shortened version of the basic R4 and R5 design, intended for use by vehicle-mounted, airborne and similar forces requiring a short compact weapon. The operation and general characteristics are the same of those of the R4 and R5

http://www.securityarms.com/firearm/2640
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Love the shorty R-4's.

Ironically they're called R5's
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:35:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
SA SWAT don't fuck around.

This !!!!!!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top