Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The only people who don't know what Marsellus Wallace meant are a handful of fucking melonheads that inhabit GD.  Nobody in their right fucking mind thought he was talking about a group of guys who were going to beat Mr. Hillbilly Rapist with god damn pipes
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Not today antifa
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The phrase pipe hitter wasn’t coined in Pulp Fiction and doesn’t refer to crack pipes.
View Quote
Shhhh. Let them have their fun.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You forgot #pipehittersunion
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
#sheepdog #threepercent #oathkeeper #merica #blessed #guns #instaguns #gunsofinstagram #protectthishouse #iccwasparemag
You forgot #pipehittersunion
And #capitalismyo
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why would he call stinky, weak, shivering crackheads who would squeal for a nickle when he has hit squads like Jules and Vincent and cleanup men like Mr Wolf?

Not crackheads.
View Quote
HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Is it you?
Your company?

Crackhead.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why would he call stinky, weak, shivering crackheads who would squeal for a nickle when he has hit squads like Jules and Vincent and cleanup men like Mr Wolf?

Not crackheads.
View Quote
You mean Vincent the heroin addict?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The phrase pipe hitter wasn’t coined in Pulp Fiction and doesn’t refer to crack pipes.
View Quote
LOLOLOL. You've got a dozen t shirts, and a vinyl truck wrap?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe the are upgrading their brand from dueling dicks to hitting pipes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looks like a pipe hitter to me!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Go ahead and educate us, tell us your version.
View Quote
The term pipe hitter goes back to the '20s and '30s as a reference to a mob enforcer. I've heard this term by some really old "goodfellas". I guarantee they never saw pulp fiction.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The term pipe hitter goes back to the '20s and '30s as a reference to a mob enforcer. I've heard this term by some really old "goodfellas". I guarantee they never saw pulp fiction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go ahead and educate us, tell us your version.
...and you would be wrong....

Pipe Hitter

Towards the end of the 19th century, dope was being used to refer to illicit drugs, specifically opiates, because of the viscous qualities of opium that has been prepared for smoking. This sense appears in a 2 May 1888 headline in the Los Angeles Times (it’s too bad they don’t write headlines like this one anymore):

“Dope" Fiends. Police Officers Raid A Notorious Den. A Sallow-faced Pipe-hitter and a Nude Female Captured—A Disgrace to Civilized Los Angeles—The Unfortunate Girl Weeps Bitter Tears.2
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#13]
So, you refer to journalists from the 1800’s for the defacto definition for a phrase?

Haha cool man. It means whatever you want it to mean. I’m sure that’s what they were referring to.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shush is fun to watch people  make fun of others for being ignorant when they don't know what they are talking about.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I an earlier life, I was running a night shift for a major turnaround.  I was over 250 to 300 union pipefitters assigned to the job.  The second night this tall lanky fellow walked in and sat in the corner of our office.  After a few minutes I ask him "what can I do for you".  He politely introduced himself and said he was from the union.  I ask, Like a steward?  He laughed and said no, he was there as a pipe hitter to protect me.  I learned a lot from this guy over the next two months about dealings from the union in the past.  He actually threw a guy out of the office who wanted my ass for laying him off (for not reporting to work for a week and not calling in).  My bodyguard was a character but there was no amount of money you could have paid me the fight him.  He was one of the toughest looking human beings I have ever met.  Other than this site and an ad by Spikes, it's the only time I have heard the term pipe hitter.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#16]
It's Walter Mitty gear for poser tough guys.  A touch of military-worship, a dash of biker badass and a full-sleeve tattoo rolled together into a T-shirt company.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Shush is fun to watch people  make fun of others for being ignorant when they don't know what they are talking about.
View Quote
And yet no one can seem to come up with any references to suggest otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's a lifestyle brand, appealing to consumers that use branding as a form of self expression and identity. Not that hard to understand. See Salt Life.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
It's a lifestyle brand, appealing to consumers that use branding as a form of self expression and identity. Not that hard to understand. See Salt Life.

Pipe Hitters Union (PHU) was founded in 2004 by a small group of special operations combat veterans that shared a common belief in the unity of cause, the willingness to face extreme obstacles head on and the absolute refusal to backdown in the face of adversity. Since then, the message has spread to like minded individuals from all professions and walks of life. Whether military, law enforcement or civilian, Pipe Hitters throughout the world are pushing their limits daily and making their mark.

What began as a brotherhood born from conflict has evolved into a commitment to continue to live by the values we hold dear, regardless of what stands in our way. The battlefield may change but our resolve to push forward remains the same. Our brand is a mark of distinction and a call for others to join us.

PHU was born in the spirit of moving together in one direction through the storms of life, no matter how they present themselves. This is a call to embrace turmoil. This a call to thrive in adversity. This is a call to join the Union.

This is a call to smoke some crack.
@Ohio
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They should have called them "Pipe Layers Union" lowers instead.
View Quote
That I actually would buy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Flag: You notice these are criminals? They're psychotic antisocial freaks. It makes no sense. Let me hit the Tier One units and I'll build you a team of pipe hitters who'll do anything you can dream up. I mean, you need real soldiers. Not these scumbags.

The term was used in suicide squad by colonial Flag.

I’m not saying that is where it originated from. Just that the term has made it to a mainstream movie as a military term.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I just checked out the PHU Instagram. Jacked, inked bearded dudes in tight tshirts and short haired women Crossfitters with ink.

Too cliche. But then again, so is every other gun related company these days.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#22]
The funny thing is that I always heard that line as "pipe fittin" and that he was referring to union toughs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Threepers and sheepdogs bro.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Which end do you light, and which end do you smoke?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Someone watched Pulp Fiction and thought "pipe hitting" meant being a bad ass, rather than hitting the crack pipe.

Now a bunch of retards are proudly referring to themselves as "pipe hitters".
View Quote
When I first started seeing it on the internet it was the funniest shit ever and its still good for a laugh.

I chalk it up to youngsters who missed the crack epidemic and early gangster rap.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

At this point, I think it ranks up there with III%, TapOut, and Oakley glasses.
View Quote
PHU is the Affliction of gun clothes
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not crackheads.
View Quote
Whats a more shitty way to die...John Travolta shooting you in the head or being burned and pulled to pieces by a drug fiend willing to do anything on earth to get a fix?

Wallace was basically saying he would feed him to the zombies.

If you grew up in the late 80's there was only one definition of a pipe hitter and that was a crack head.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oh shit I remember that being all the rage when I was in junior high ... LOL

Then it was rumored to have been started by some gay dudes so everyone quickly ripped the stickers off their cars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point, I think it ranks up there with III%, TapOut, and Oakley glasses.
And this one...  

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/project_modules/max_1200/ed4eed13672155.56276bf98ca46.jpg
Oh shit I remember that being all the rage when I was in junior high ... LOL

Then it was rumored to have been started by some gay dudes so everyone quickly ripped the stickers off their cars.
The abbreviation BBC should have been a hint.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Bunch of wanna be edgy guys and “don’t like what I don’t like” superiority guys up in heya.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Their recent advertising caused a few rustled chonies.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What's the story behind crackeads and PHU?
View Quote
In pulp fiction they said “pipe hitting motherfuckers”

He meant ones who “hit the pipe.” Crack heads.

People confuse it now a days for cold blooded killers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#33]
New sponsors for infowars.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Spikes is naming their AR15 after a crack head reference in Pulp fiction
View Quote
Pretty much yes
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#35]
So they go from dueling penises to crossed boners?

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fucking retards...
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the story behind crackeads and PHU?

Why can't they be both?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Pipe Hitter

Towards the end of the 19th century, dope was being used to refer to illicit drugs, specifically opiates, because of the viscous qualities of opium that has been prepared for smoking. This sense appears in a 2 May 1888 headline in the Los Angeles Times (it’s too bad they don’t write headlines like this one anymore):

“Dope" Fiends. Police Officers Raid A Notorious Den. A Sallow-faced Pipe-hitter and a Nude Female Captured—A Disgrace to Civilized Los Angeles—The Unfortunate Girl Weeps Bitter Tears.2
View Quote
In this instance the same words are not the same term.  I listed a possible origin of the word as referenced to "tough guys". The mob used union muscle including pipe fitters (who most likely brought the pipes) to take care of business. This is straight from the mouths of experienced people. A tit can be a bird or a breast, same word, different origin. The bird came first, the slang for the breast was used much later with no relation or knowledge of the original term.

On a side note, it's amazing on a gun forum that people attack a company that is pro gun, pro contractor, pro alpha male, anti antifa, formed by guys who actually use the tools basement commandos dream about. I don't own any PFU apparel or weapons but I'm pretty sure they didn't name it after crack heads. Maybe it would be more popular here if they marketed it to trannys.

Carry on how they named it after crackheads, I'm stepping back to reality.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
#sheepdog #threepercent #oathkeeper #merica #blessed #guns #instaguns #gunsofinstagram #protectthishouse #iccwasparemag
View Quote
#pewpewlife
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:32:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In this instance the same words are not the same term.  I listed a possible origin of the word as referenced to "tough guys". The mob used union muscle including pipe fitters (who most likely brought the pipes) to take care of business. This is straight from the mouths of experienced people. A tit can be a bird or a breast, same word, different origin. The bird came first, the slang for the breast was used much later with no relation or knowledge of the original term.

On a side note, it's amazing on a gun forum that people attack a company that is pro gun, pro contractor, pro alpha male, anti antifa, formed by guys who actually use the tools basement commandos dream about. I don't own any PFU apparel or weapons but I'm pretty sure they didn't name it after crack heads. Maybe it would be more popular here if they marketed it to trannys.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pipe Hitter

Reality indeed!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
I own 2 Spikes rifles I love their products. I also think Spikes has developed thick skin over the years and can take a good ribbing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I own 2 Spikes rifles I love their products. I also think Spikes has developed thick skin over the years and can take a good ribbing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They need it!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#43]
The same kind of people that would have RMGO stickers on the light duty trucks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:53:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@Ohio
View Quote
Yeah, I saw that. It's still stupid, though.
ETA:
Related Thread
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, I saw that. It's still stupid, though.
ETA:
Related Thread
View Quote
lol  Perfect!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top