BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh. They have three sitting collecting dust on the shelf at a store here in town.
View Quote

what's the price/models they have?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I considered a C2 a short while back. Wanted to change up my carry gun routine and the Staccato C2 was just really appealing to me. But then I held one in a store and I came to the conclusion that it wasn't necessarily for me. For one, I'm not so sure I want a grip safety on my carry gun.

All that said, I still really want to try one and I may yet end up with one someday.

I ended up buying a CZ PCR though. Extremely happy with that choice.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

what's the price/models they have?
View Quote

I don't remember, a compact, full size, and a super fancy race gun maybe. $2300, $2900, and like $3900 IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:21:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As a former STI hater I think the newer Staccato's are the best deal in 2011's right now for the defensive side.

STI used to put out shitty unreliable magazines which they have fixed. I am a bit salty about how they treated their Open gun shooters, releasing guns that would break often compared to other open gun manufacturers then not fix them properly. These issues all seem to have been resolved with their rebranding and the fact they don't make open guns anymore.

My only real gripe about the Staccato's is the plastic trigger and grip. As someone used to shooting with an extremely aggressive steel 2011 grip the plastic doesn't feel right. Magazines don't always drop free the same as a steel or aluminum gripped gun does. Not a problem, just a preference.

I have quite a few friends with them who shoot with them in Open minor for USPSA for fun. They've all been reliable guns. I wouldn't hesitate to carry one.

TLDR: Reliable, good 2011's. Not on the level of a "premium" 2011 like an Atlas.
View Quote

I really don't understand why they've never offered one even as they become more and more popular. There are a ton to choose from or I'm sure they could make some in house. It's too bad they aren't just a plug and play thing as I want to try one but don't think I'd feel comfortable fitting one. If I really decide I have to have one I'll probably grab a Limcat and hope that I can sweet talk them into helping if it needs anything.

It's really too bad nobody has made a 2011 that can swap slides barrels and grips without fitting or adjusting. It would be a pretty amazing thing to have one of these with Glock like parts swapability.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:25:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pistols are used in niche scenarios and to fight to get to a carbine.

5 Glocks or this...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like a good idea. Take a double stack 9 mm 1911, make it reliable, give it the features that everyone wants like RDS cut, light rail, etc.

But that price…

Totally worth it dude. Totally worth it.

Pistols are used in niche scenarios and to fight to get to a carbine.

5 Glocks or this...

This

Edit:  I also own 5 Glocks
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I know that Aaron with Sage Dynamics has tested a couple of them and they apparently passed with flying colors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish there were more real reports of them going through high round count classes and competitions. Love to see some torture tests with it up against glocks and other duty guns they market them against.

Their marketing included getting them in the hands of a whole lot of right people. Unfortunately that’s been done in the past and it takes a bit to wade through the bullshit and find good info.

I know that Aaron with Sage Dynamics has tested a couple of them and they apparently passed with flying colors.

Look up Kyle defoor.  His c2 is getting beat and he loves it

They are solid performers for the price.  I have an atlas on order so I’ll be able to see some differences I’m sure
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't understand the concept of offering 1911-2011 pattern pistols in 9mm only.

If they offered a 45 with 10 round mag for commie states I'd be super interested.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The 2011 is a fantastic platform with one major weak link, and that's the magazine.  STI figured out how to make a reliable magazine.  
View Quote

To be fair MBX figured out how to make a reliable 2011 mag long before Staccato did.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't understand the concept of offering 1911-2011 pattern pistols in 9mm only.

If they offered a 45 with 10 round mag for commie states I'd be super interested.
View Quote

Staccato discontinued the .45 IIRC, but other companies make a double-stack 1911 in .45. I want to say 14rd capacity is normal for them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Current production staccato mags are tuned out of the box for their guns. The only issue I’ve had with their mags over the last few months and 3k rounds with it was a bit of rust on the mag springs after shooting in heavy downpour. No functional issues.

Very happy with my 2021 Staccato P DUO so far.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Staccato discontinued the .45 IIRC, but other companies make a double-stack 1911 in .45. I want to say 14rd capacity is normal for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody bought them. 40's sold because that's the perfect caliber for USPSA Limited and it also worked for a few LE agencies that were 40 only. 9mm outsells everything handily so there's no reason to use another caliber. This way it really streamlines production and simplifies everything.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ve shot there guns thousands of rounds STI Ranger II and some more current non race oriented guns.  They’re plenty reliable.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I really don't understand why they've never offered one even as they become more and more popular. There are a ton to choose from or I'm sure they could make some in house. It's too bad they aren't just a plug and play thing as I want to try one but don't think I'd feel comfortable fitting one. If I really decide I have to have one I'll probably grab a Limcat and hope that I can sweet talk them into helping if it needs anything.

It's really too bad nobody has made a 2011 that can swap slides barrels and grips without fitting or adjusting. It would be a pretty amazing thing to have one of these with Glock like parts swapability.
View Quote

Honcho
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Don’t take this as trash talk, it’s not meant to be. The Staccato won’t do anything that the Shadow 2 won’t do at 1/2 the cost. I’ve shot them side by side.

I own a 6” 9mm STI single stack and I might also get a Stacatto one day. I’m not a hater, it’s a great gun, but I fall in the “it’s good marketing” camp.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don’t take this as trash talk, it’s not meant to be. The Staccato won’t do anything that the Shadow 2 won’t do at 1/2 the cost. I’ve shot them side by side.

I own a 6” 9mm STI single stack and I might also get a Stacatto one day. I’m not a hater, it’s a great gun, but I fall in the “it’s good marketing” camp.
View Quote

Don't get me wrong, the shadow 2 is a great gun, but the Stacatto does pretty much every single last thing better than the CZ.  And comparing the prices pound for pound should be the XC, I think the CZ is more like a 1/3 the cost .  It's not good marketing, it's a gun that does EVERYTHING BETTER (aside from price).

Reliable, duty durable race guns.  You can have it all with the Staccato.  

I still wish they sold more STI options, as I love mine.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I LOVE my Shadow2. I still want a 2011. Or maybe a DWX.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't get over the CZ slide.

I just really hate it
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Honcho
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honcho

I remember reading a bit about the Honcho. Certainly in the same direction as what I am describing but they are catering to the high end custom customers and I am talking about a production level gun that could take a 2011 and make it more friendly to mass market stuff.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I can't get over the CZ slide.

I just really hate it
View Quote

Yeah, I get that. The guns do feel different, but that’s subjective.

I don’t think that equivalent shooters would be hampered by either gun. Again, I like them, but to the OPs question, I think they are beyond the point of diminishing returns.

I might be wrong, YMMV and all that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Also, grip safeties
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#22]
The slide surface is pretty small on some of the CZ guns and I know some people don't like them. I have no idea if that gets worse with gloves or other gear but it's definitely not a new complaint. One day I might pick up a few CZ's and if I were starting over in Production(or Carry Optics now) CZ is probably how I would go. I'm a huge DA/SA fan.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The slide surface is pretty small on some of the CZ guns and I know some people don't like them. I have no idea if that gets worse with gloves or other gear but it's definitely not a new complaint. One day I might pick up a few CZ's and if I were starting over in Production(or Carry Optics now) CZ is probably how I would go. I'm a huge DA/SA fan.
View Quote

You get used to it. I've been shooting primarily CZs for over 15 years now. It doesn't bother me. On the other hand, I'm so used to the higher frame on my CZs, when I shoot other guns I have to make a conscious effort to not have my thumb riding the slide.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Pistols are niche?

If you're a civilian carrying concealed a pistol is your primary

If you're a cop (not on a tactical team) your pistol is your primary

If you're a pog in the military who doesn't carry a rifle, your pistol is a primary

This "use a pistol to fight to your rifle" is a stupid platitude that only matters if the long gun already in your hand goes dry while actively engaging.

For the overwhelming majority of people domestically, a pistol is a primary, not a tool to fight to a rifle
View Quote

All of this. Let’s be realistic about how pistols are used.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

They shoot really nice for sure. I tried the SAO version, I'm the opposite of you I don't like DA/SA.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 1:51:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I started looking into double stack 1911s a while back, pre-John Wick, saw the STIs and drooled... Not really a fan of buying something someone else knocked the bottom out of already, so by the time I had the money they'd swapped to Staccato. Ended up spending that money on unexpected bills like a tree falling on my house, so I guess it wasn't all that wasted. I'd axe murder a bus load of %People% for a full length doublestack 45 Staccato, but they'd have to wait 6 months for me to save up that kinda cash again. None of the other double stacks really got my attention the same way.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 2:17:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My understanding of them is they are practical race guns, instead of just race guns.
View Quote

Do they still break? I know 1 person who used an STI frame for a bit, cracked pretty quick with major loads and he shit canned it. I'd run a Gucci Glock major over an STI for lengevity
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 2:36:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Do they still break? I know 1 person who used an STI frame for a bit, cracked pretty quick with major loads and he shit canned it. I'd run a Gucci Glock major over an STI for lengevity
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My understanding of them is they are practical race guns, instead of just race guns.

Then you're in the extreme minority. Their frames and built open guns regularly go over 100,000 rounds. There has to be a reason you don't see glocks in large numbers for OPEN.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 2:56:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Then you're in the extreme minority. Their frames and built open guns regularly go over 100,000 rounds. There has to be a reason you don't see glocks in large numbers for OPEN.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129950/USPSA_2020_Open_National_gear_survey_jpg-2141587.JPG
View Quote
STI DVC Open are the most "popular" open guns because they're one of the least expensive options out there. They're known to break often, primarily cracked comps and slides. STI rebranded because they were sick of doing warranty work on the open guns and the bad rep they got with Open shooters.

Glocks aren't popular in Open because they flat out aren't competitive due to design. Not even remotely. Not because they aren't reliable.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 3:18:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
STI DVC Open are the most "popular" open guns because they're one of the least expensive options out there. They're known to break often, primarily cracked comps and slides. STI rebranded because they were sick of doing warranty work on the open guns and the bad rep they got with Open shooters.

Glocks aren't popular in Open because they flat out aren't competitive due to design. Not even remotely. Not because they aren't reliable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129950/USPSA_2020_Open_National_gear_survey_jpg-2141587.JPG

How many cracked frames with low rounds you see? I don't think I ever saw one. I am well aware they have had numerous issues over the years.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How many cracked frames with low rounds you see? I don't think I ever saw one. I am well aware they have had numerous issues over the years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen a half dozen from local shooters, cracks were in slides.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So no cracked frames? That was the initial statement I was questioning.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#33]

This is one of the absolute best shooting guns I've ever shot. Once I put a RDS on it it was darn near impossible to miss. I only shoot it  competitively but, I'd carry it if I needed to. I love this gun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pistols are niche?

If you're a civilian carrying concealed a pistol is your primary

If you're a cop (not on a tactical team) your pistol is your primary

If you're a pog in the military who doesn't carry a rifle, your pistol is a primary

This "use a pistol to fight to your rifle" is a stupid platitude that only matters if the long gun already in your hand goes dry while actively engaging.

For the overwhelming majority of people domestically, a pistol is a primary, not a tool to fight to a rifle

He just made the case for buying a Glock and a bunch of magazines, spare parts, a class, and ammo...

Truck guns exist.  So do many scenarios where rifles leave homes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Truck guns are a masturbatory fantasy more likely to be stolen then "fought to with your pistol". Even if it isn't, you're not carrying that rifle into the store or restaurant ready to go like you are with a properly concealed pistol.
View Quote

This x100

Also this is interesting...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CU4yGq5Fb51/
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Truck guns are a masturbatory fantasy more likely to be stolen then "fought to with your pistol". Even if it isn't, you're not carrying that rifle into the store or restaurant ready to go like you are with a properly concealed pistol.
View Quote

You said it so I didn’t have to.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Really considering selling a couple guns and picking up a Staccato P

HK USP 45
Springfield 1911
Base AR15

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

HK USP 45
Springfield 1911
Base AR15

Thoughts?
View Quote

Life’s short get what you want. If you don’t like it you can send it down the road and by the next thing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Life’s short get what you want. If you don’t like it you can send it down the road and by the next thing.
View Quote

Just remember, there’s always going to be a new hot thing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

HK USP 45
Springfield 1911
Base AR15

Thoughts?
View Quote

I have said for a long time I do not understand why SAOs are not more popular.

On a separate note, I don't get why I built so many base ARs and I've missed none of them
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

This can also be said for a Glock 34...  it all comes down to the shooter.  The best guys can beat the brakes off of a Glock and do just as well as 2011 guys (Shane Cooley)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top