Obi-Wan Kenobi
Master Windu
Luke
Leia
R2-D2
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Han Solo

Who was really right in the struggle in the galaxy?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
So you're in the Reeesistance huh?

Isn't that what they're called now?

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Where's the poll?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d have to say I’m an empire type guy, let’s face it they build jobs across the galaxy while maintaining law and order without getting to involved in your personal life unless your rebel  scum...
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where's the poll?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Vader
Boba Fett
Davin Felth
Admiral Thrawn
Dark Troopers
General Mohc
501st

Fuck rebel scum
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Vive l'empereur!
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#7]
EMPIRE

The Rebels were rebelling against the duly constituted authority as enacted by the Galactic Senate.  The Rebel Alliance were the bad guys
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So you're in the Reeesistance huh?

Isn't that what they're called now?

View Quote
You may freely call me Rebel scum.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Alderaan was like Afghanistan. They funded, housed, and supported Rebel Terrorists. Bail Prestor Organa was one of the founding members of the Rebel Alliance and was also the ruling leader of Alderaan. Striking Alderaan is a good thing. Planet wants to be gangsta until it's time to do gangsta shit. Part of that is getting space nuked by the Death Star.

The Sith was a religious order that broke away from the Jedi and were persecuted like many early Protestants were when they broke away from the Catholic Church. The Jedi literally waged a war and killed the original Species of Sith. THE JEDI WAGED A WAR OF GENOCIDE. They then went after people that simply wanted to experience emotions, have families, and want to grow.

The Jedi Order kidnapped kids and brainwashed them for God's sake. Yoda even said that Anakin was too old for training. Why? because he fucking remembered his mother.... that's why. They didn't even attempt to free his mother. They let her stay as a slave! Obi-Wan and Yoda lied to Luke to get him to fight against Vader. Nor did they train Leia and even tell her that she's Force sensitive. They told Luke that Vader killed his father, that his father was a navigator on a freighter, that his father was a innocent pawn killed by the Sith, etc.... ALL FUCKING LIES.

The Jedi were self appointed, fell under no civil government control (ie the People), mind fucked citizens, stole property, destroyed property, carried weapons while the citizenry were disarmed, and lopped off limbs like bored Samurai.

The Rebels wanted to bring back a corrupt government that worked much like the USSR. The Republic preached freedom yet bred an army of living beings and sent them to slaughter against a group of systems that wanted to leave the Republic over economic and tax issues. Sounds like fucking slavery to me.

The Empire didn't give a fuck if Han was armed.... Stormies walked right by him in the bar. He only got into trouble for agreeing to smuggle a know Jedi Terrorist and his Bacha Bazi Lover Boy Toy. Lando ran Cloud City with no problems.... until he harbored terrorists.

Fuck the Rebels.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
EMPIRE
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/universeconquest/images/f/fa/First_Galactic_Empire_emblem.png/revision/latest?cb=20171002190134

The Rebels were rebelling against the duly constituted authority as enacted by the Galactic Senate.  The Rebel Alliance were the bad guys
View Quote
Just like George Washington was rebelling against the duly elected government.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Darth Vader was my childhood hero...
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Mace Windu only attempted a coup against the Supreme Chancellor when he found out he was a Sith. He didn't give a flying fuck about anything else. He didn't care about the Clone Slave Army. he didn't care about Jedi becoming Generals and leading forces against people that wanted to leave the Republic. He didn't care about the corrupt level of fucked up'edness that was the government.

He only decided to lead a coup and murder a duly elected member of government when he found out the guy was a Sith.

That's like you are Radical Muslim and live all find and dandy with your neighbor until you find out he's a American Jew and then go Jihad and try to kill him.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Alderaan was like Afghanistan. They funded, housed, and supported Rebel Terrorists. Bail Prestor Organa was one of the founding members of the Rebel Alliance and was also the ruling leader of Alderaan. Striking Alderaan is a good thing. Planet wants to be gangsta until it's time to do gangsta shit. Part of that is getting space nuked by the Death Star.

The Sith was a religious order that broke away from the Jedi and were persecuted like many early Protestants were when they broke away from the Catholic Church. The Jedi literally waged a war and killed the original Species of Sith. THE JEDI WAGED A WAR OF GENOCIDE. They then went after people that simply wanted to experience emotions, have families, and want to grow.

The Jedi Order kidnapped kids and brainwashed them for God's sake. Yoda even said that Anakin was too old for training. Why? because he fucking remembered his mother.... that's why. They didn't even attempt to free his mother. They let her stay as a slave! Obi-Wan and Yoda lied to Luke to get him to fight against Vader. Nor did they train Leia and even tell her that she's Force sensitive. They told Luke that Vader killed his father, that his father was a navigator on a freighter, that his father was a innocent pawn killed by the Sith, etc.... ALL FUCKING LIES.

The Jedi were self appointed, fell under no civil government control (ie the People), mind fucked citizens, stole property, destroyed property, carried weapons while the citizenry were disarmed, and lopped off limbs like bored Samurai.

The Rebels wanted to bring back a corrupt government that worked much like the USSR. The Republic preached freedom yet bred an army of living beings and sent them to slaughter against a group of systems that wanted to leave the Republic over economic and tax issues. Sounds like fucking slavery to me.

The Empire didn't give a fuck if Han was armed.... Stormies walked right by him in the bar. He only got into trouble for agreeing to smuggle a know Jedi Terrorist and his Bacha Bazi Lover Boy Toy. Lando ran Cloud City with no problems.... until he harbored terrorists.

Fuck the Rebels.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree with the Emperor's vision of a united and prosperous galaxy
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Before Palpatine ran the show, the Jedi walked into bars and lopped folks hands off. The citizens were disarmed to the point that a business can invade their planet. Palpatine actually repealed Assault Blaster Bans and instituted Open Blaster Carry laws.

Open Carry Legal Under the Empire.

Under the Republic only the Jedi were armed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#17]
In after MiamiJBT.

Way too much rebel scum in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Be careful not to choke on your convictions OP

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Rebel Alliance had cooler fighters, better opportunity for advancement for your random backwater farm boy or scruffy nerf-herding scoundrel, and generally had better access to poontang.

Of course, the Empire had better capital ships, and due to raging incompetence among the brass, better opportunity for advancement at the flag ranks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck the Rebels.
https://i.imgur.com/DpuwfIw.png

Younlings are a threat.

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Both suck. Outer Rim for me
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Rebels!

Ahola snackbar at light speed into your shit!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck the Rebels.
https://i.imgur.com/DpuwfIw.png
https://theeleonoraproject.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/younglings.jpg

Younlings are a threat.

http://conservativepapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/suicide-bomber-children.jpg
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#24]
empire... better uniforms and vehicles

maintenance regimen appears to much better as well..
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't know if the MMO Star Wars The Old Republic was canon or not, but what I learned from that game put me squarely on the Imperial side. Most conservatives I knew ultimately ended up on Imperial side.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Back during the days of Star Wars Galaxies(pre-CU era ) I went Empire because the Rebels I encountered during my early days as a noob were total assholes; the Imperials were very helpful, instead of pointing and laughing at me as I got mauled by a dewback, like the Rebels did the Imperials killed the dewback and gave me a ride to town;  nor did I ever have the Mayor of an Imperial town city ban me, blowup my swoop, then send me to the cloners because I wouldn't accept the town's Jedi as my lord and savior;  true story.

Edit: Not only does the Empire have cookies, they share too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Fuck the Rebels.
View Quote
Holy shit that was an incredibly accurate and detailed post. Miami is on top of the game. Let us know when you decide to take the helm and I'll be at your side. Damn what a cool post.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In after MiamiJBT.

View Quote
Rebel Scum and Jedi Lovers....

Who tormented Anakin? The Sith? No...

The Jedi did. They took him from his mother and left her as a slave. As a young child, Yoda told him to stop being afraid because it is wrong. No fucking shit a small kid will be scared, he was basically kidnapped, taken from everything he knows, told he is the "Choosen One", and basically instructed to forget his mother and let her die as a slave. Furthermore, as he grew into his teenage years. The Jedi told him "fuck your emotions" at the critical stage where emotional development is crucial. It shunted his growth and mind fucked him.

As a teenager, the Jedi told him that love, lust, and longing for a mate is wrong. Instead of instruct and explain. The Jedi simply went crazy Taliban on him and basically threatened to cut off his dick. He was confused and conflicted. He then is thrusted into a war as a teenager and given command of living beings that are to be treated as Droids. And once again, on top of all that they pump that bullshit that he's the "Choosen One" and will bring balance to the force by killing he Sith.

So they give him a trainee. He trains her, shows her the ways of the force, and develops a close bond. What does the Jedi do? They automatically think she was the bomber, expell her from the order, and want to have her executed. No trial, no gathering of evidence, no chance to prove one's innocence. She had to go on the run and prove her own innocence. What does the Jedi? Sorry for trying to kill you Asoka, let bygones be bygones. Yeah, great example of peace and harmony within he Jedi Order.

What then happens? He gets married but can't express his joy about it. He has kids on he way but can't be a proud father to be because of fear. Fear of what the Jedi will do to him and his wife because he already saw what happened to Asoka.

The Sith came in and simply told him, "Hey look, you're worried about your wife and kids? We support you having a family and caring for them. It's cool bro."

Also what kind of prophecy brings balance by killing all of he Sith and Darkside Users? Balance means an equal number on both sides. He did bring balance. The Jedi were reduced to an equal number as the Sith. The Jedi wanted the prophecy to allow them to go all wahhabist radical on he Sith and kill them like ISIS is killing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't know if the MMO Star Wars The Old Republic was canon or not, but what I learned from that game put me squarely on the Imperial side. Most conservatives I knew ultimately ended up on Imperial side.
View Quote
It was before the darkness... before the age of Disney.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#30]
fuck the Rebel scum
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Sith was a religious order that broke away from the Jedi and were persecuted like many early Protestants were when they broke away from the Catholic Church. The Jedi literally waged a war and killed the original Species of Sith. THE JEDI WAGED A WAR OF GENOCIDE. They then went after people that simply wanted to experience emotions, have families, and want to grow. - They went to war with people that didn't want to experience emotion but rather let emotions control their actions. The primary emotion being hate, to let the hate control you and direct/guide your actions. This is never a good thing and the Jedi war of old was pushed by the Sith that went to kill the Jedi first but the Jedi defended.

The Jedi Order kidnapped kids and brainwashed them for God's sake. Yoda even said that Anakin was too old for training. Why? because he fucking remembered his mother.... that's why. They didn't even attempt to free his mother. They let her stay as a slave! Obi-Wan and Yoda lied to Luke to get him to fight against Vader. Nor did they train Leia and even tell her that she's Force sensitive. They told Luke that Vader killed his father, that his father was a navigator on a freighter, that his father was a innocent pawn killed by the Sith, etc.... ALL FUCKING LIES. - Have a source for kidnapped? Things I've read stated they asked the family for the child to train and it was considered a great honor, so no family refused. Neither Luke or Leia were trained, no one could be at this time as the tyrannical empire was in effect and would kill anyone that was attempting to do anything they didn't condone.

The Jedi were self appointed, fell under no civil government control (ie the People), mind fucked citizens, stole property, destroyed property, carried weapons while the citizenry were disarmed, and lopped off limbs like bored Samurai. - Plenty of armed citizens all over the planets and worlds. The capital city didn't show much before or after the Jedi, so nothing really different here. Empire stole far more property and killed far more innocents.

The Rebels wanted to bring back a corrupt government that worked much like the USSR. The Republic preached freedom yet bred an army of living beings and sent them to slaughter against a group of systems that wanted to leave the Republic over economic and tax issues. Sounds like fucking slavery to me. -Several disagreed with the Clone trooper program within the Republic. Corruption happens though, this is the nature of big government. The Empire is not a bastion of freedom and prosperity but rather of theft and control. Per the original movie deleted scenes, you even have dialogue stating that the Empire was starting to steal moisture farms from farmers and forcing them to work.

- Vader was taking Cloud City from Lando AFTER making the deal. Vader didn't give a rats ass that he made a deal to let Lando keep control, that was never going to happen. He altered the deal, several times. Lando never harbored anyone.

Fuck the Rebels.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Rebels lose.
Revolutionaries win.

That's why 1775-1783 was not called the American Rebellion but the American Revolution.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Vader
Boba Fett
Davin Felth
Admiral Thrawn
Dark Troopers
General Mohc
501st

Fuck rebel scum
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The Jedi did. They took him from his mother and left her as a slave. As a young child, Yoda told him to stop being afraid because it is wrong. No fucking shit a small kid will be scared, he was basically kidnapped, taken from everything he knows, told he is the "Choosen One", and basically instructed to forget his mother and let her die as a slave. Furthermore, as he grew into his teenage years. The Jedi told him "fuck your emotions" at the critical stage where emotional development is crucial. It shunted his growth and mind fucked him.

As a teenager, the Jedi told him that love, lust, and longing for a mate is wrong. Instead of instruct and explain. The Jedi simply went crazy Taliban on him and basically threatened to cut off his dick. He was confused and conflicted. He then is thrusted into a war as a teenager and given command of living beings that are to be treated as Droids. And once again, on top of all that they pump that bullshit that he's the "Choosen One" and will bring balance to the force by killing he Sith.

So they give him a trainee. He trains her, shows her the ways of the force, and develops a close bond. What does the Jedi do? They automatically think she was the bomber, expell her from the order, and want to have her executed. No trial, no gathering of evidence, no chance to prove one's innocence. She had to go on the run and prove her own innocence. What does the Jedi? Sorry for trying to kill you Asoka, let bygones be bygones. Yeah, great example of peace and harmony within he Jedi Order.

What then happens? He gets married but can't express his joy about it. He has kids on he way but can't be a proud father to be because of fear. Fear of what the Jedi will do to him and his wife because he already saw what happened to Asoka.

The Sith came in and simply told him, "Hey look, you're worried about your wife and kids? We support you having a family and caring for them. It's cool bro."

Also what kind of prophecy brings balance by killing all of he Sith and Darkside Users? Balance means an equal number on both sides. He did bring balance. The Jedi were reduced to an equal number as the Sith. The Jedi wanted the prophecy to allow them to go all wahhabist radical on he Sith and kill them like ISIS is killing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In after MiamiJBT.

They didn't kidnap him, he wanted to go with them and begged to go... His mother was "owned property" on a back water planet that the Senate had no real influence on.

He was instructed to control his emotions, not to do away with them. Granted this comment in the shitty prequals is backwards as Yoda in Empire Strikes Back tells Luke that he will be afraid, after he states that he wasnt afraid.

Anakin wasn't tormented by the Jedi but by the Sith. His close relationship with a Sith Lord pushed visions to his head and whispered sweet nothings in his ear. His torment and conflict stemmed directly from this, being pulled in two different directions.

The Sith used him, plain and simple. The Emperor had no love for him and would happily replace him with any other strong candidate to do his dirty work.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#36]
While I cannot support a regime that got it's start through a school massacre nor condone the Alderaan Genocide, the fact is the Reuplic was entirely ineffective at maintaining law and order in the galaxy. Slavery was illegal and yet, slaves remained in bondage despite the Jedi squandering it's patron donations to buy and exchange droids for slaves. The result of this "peaceful" solution simply encouraged the practice. The Republic's corrupt Galactic Senate make Chuck Schumer and Nancy Polosi look like respected Statesmen. In typical central Goverment fashion they ruled with the hubris belief that their word on Coruscant equated to action and compliance throughout the Galaxy.

The fact is, it was the wishy-washy, vox-pop, free love style of Republic administration and their Jedi cult that created the leadership vacuum in which the Empire flourished.

and what did they do different after their long-shot victory on Endor?

NOTHING!

and thus the First Order was created to fill another failure of indecisive government.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#39]
I know I shouldn't but I love the Empire.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Rebel Alliance had cooler fighters, better opportunity for advancement for your random backwater farm boy or scruffy nerf-herding scoundrel, and generally had better access to poontang.

Of course, the Empire had better capital ships, and due to raging incompetence among the brass, better opportunity for advancement at the flag ranks.
View Quote
Wrong-the TIE advanced is coolest fighter (Vader's TIE in SW)
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fuck the Rebels.
View Quote
My man!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Both sides are power hungry....kill them all.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Space ISIS deserved Order 66.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I know I shouldn't but I love the Empire.
View Quote
The Empire made Mara Jade into an Emperor's Hand and made women Imperial Fleet Admirals. And they were promoted because of their skill and experience. Not because they wore shitty prom dressed with purple hair in their late fifties.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Both sides are power hungry....kill them all.  
View Quote
They did a very good job at it too. Execute order number 66. Brutal, they were.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I’d have to say I’m an empire type guy, let’s face it they build jobs across the galaxy while maintaining law and order without getting to involved in your personal life unless your rebel  scum...
View Quote
I get the reason the resistance was fighting back, especially during the whole hostile takeover thing they did, but after that all happened it seems more like a regular government that did, generally, allow the populace to do their thing. Especially on the more outlying planets.

Not enough shown in the shows to really make a full call, but from what's shown...I tend towards Empire.

Though, I picked up a Rebel patch from Colamas, and while canonically I tend towards the Empire, in reality I find it to be a perfect fit on my Vertx bag...that's just big enough to fit my SBR.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Old school Rebels, current shitty movies I'll take the Empire
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wrong-the TIE advanced is coolest fighter (Vader's TIE in SW)
View Quote
I beg to differ.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Just read a couple of the Thrawn books; no poll needed once you read them because the decision is obvious.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top