BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 214
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You should probably change your avatar because with your post you aren't worthy of having a Yoda avatar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mean... Boba Fett being a woman wouldn't be too far off.

The actor in the original costume was pretty short and didn't have a very masculine walk.  Also, he/she got his/her ass kicked easily on Tatooine.  Like the one time Boba Fett actually had to fight, it was pretty dogshit.

I'm just sayin.

You should probably change your avatar because with your post you aren't worthy of having a Yoda avatar.

I slightly modified my post...
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mean... Boba Fett being a woman wouldn't be too far off.

The actor in the original costume was pretty short and didn't have a very masculine walk.  Also, he/she got his/her ass kicked easily on Tatooine.  Like the one time Boba Fett actually had to fight, it was pretty dogshit.

I'm just sayin.

Didn't make it better.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Why is Hayden Christensen going to be portraying Anakin instead of Darth Vader in the upcoming Kenobi series?

I’d think he would have aged too much between the filming for III and now.

HC to play Anakin, again.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why is Hayden Christensen going to be portraying Anakin instead of Darth Vader in the upcoming Kenobi series?

View Quote

I read that and I'm not sure but I'm willing to see how it plays out. I've always thought he didn't really get a fair shake at Anakin. Yeah, he was emo but whatever.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I read that and I'm not sure but I'm willing to see how it plays out. I've always thought he didn't really get a fair shake at Anakin. Yeah, he was emo but whatever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know this is all made up and everything, but the Jedi has had a lot turn to the dark side. I think the Jedi should have had the family come with the kids so they’d have something to fall back on instead of being “abandoned” and raised by the Jedi elders.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd think he would have aged too much between the filming for III and now.

View Quote

Ewan McGregor has aged just as much as Christiansen
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the next time we see him after III is as an old man in A New Hope.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#8]
https://deadline.com/2020/07/the-mandalorian-star-wars-series-breaks-disney-into-emmys-with-15-noms-including-surprise-best-drama-nod-1202996968/

Disney+’s flagship streaming series wowed this morning, with a surprise best drama Primetime Emmy nomination this morning out of a stellar 15, technically repping the first Emmy nominations for a Star Wars live-action IP since the 1985 ABC movie Ewoks: The Battle for Endor which was then nominated for three Emmys –Outstanding Children’s Programming, Sound Mixing for a miniseries or a special, outstanding special VFX; the latter.

The Mandalorian scored noms for Best Drama, Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance, Production Design for Narrative Program (half-hour), Cinematography for Single Camera (half hour), Fantasy/sci-fi costumes, 3 single-camera Picture editing for a drama series, Prosthetic make-up, music composition, a guest actor in a drama series nod for Giancarlo Esposito, 2 sound-editing in a comedy/drama half hour series, outstanding special vfx, and stunt coordination for a drama series, limited series or movie.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Clone Wars thread got archived so I guess I’ll put this here. Not sure if it’s been discussed yet.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-bad-batch-series-announce
View Quote

Quoted:
I’m in for The Bad Batch series,
View Quote

I'm in.
Always up for a good "mutant underdog group" story.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Rumor Solo will continue with series on D+.

Man, I hope this is true, I really liked Solo: A Star Wars Story. Yeah, it had some issues but it was an good movie. Plus they had Ray Park reprise his role of Maul with the voice of Sam Witwer. We need more Maul.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Man, I hope this is true, I really liked Solo: A Star Wars Story. Yeah, it had some issues but it was an good movie. Plus they had Ray Park reprise his role of Maul with the voice of Sam Witwer. We need more Maul.
View Quote

I hope its true too.  Intertwining Han's story with Maul's as an underworld boss should make for a very rich story line.

D+ is really knocking it out of the park with Star Wars content.  They're doing what the movies should have done.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I hope its true too.  Intertwining Han's story with Maul's as an underworld boss should make for a very rich story line.

D+ is really knocking it out of the park with Star Wars content.  They're doing what the movies should have done.
View Quote

Yeah I really liked Solo as well... it will be really cool if they can get a really good story going. Especially with the whole Darth Maul thing
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Solo was the first Star Wars movie to lose money ($-50 million).  I don't see them trying again.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Solo was the first Star Wars movie to lose money ($-50 million).  I don't see them trying again.
View Quote

They’re not making a sequel movie.   Instead think of the TV series exploring all the paths that film set up.    It’s a great setting with the galaxy's underworld of crime.   Many tangents they can take.

For all of Solo’s faults, it’s Box office negative returns had mostly to do with TLJ fan backlash.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It lost money not because the movie sucked. It lost money because The Last Jedi sucked.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#16]
THE ULTIMATE MANDALORIAN THEME KAZOO COVER

This is the way......
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNJVVQTGcxU

This is the way......
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way......

That was so bad, it was good.

Like an '80s action flick.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 7:54:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way......

We were searching YouTube for piano versions last night. Our daughter plays and I’m trying to persuade her to learn it.

Lots of great covers......that one made me chuckle and I figured I’d share.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah I really liked Solo as well... it will be really cool if they can get a really good story going. Especially with the whole Darth Maul thing
View Quote

I thought i was the only one who liked it.

I watched it for a second time this week , it was much better the second time around.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

We went to Disney the other day.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Boy their mask rules are insane....
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I watched it for a second time this week , it was much better the second time around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of us liked it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I had just about given up on Star Wars. The Mandalorian is definitely the way for Disney. I binged watched the first season twice! I love his old Jeep, his 45-70 rifle with the stun gun taped to the end and his 1911. Oh wait that’s me
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Yes!

Between that and The Boys getting ready to start on Amazon, finally the fall is looking up
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Oh good, now I can actually give my daughter a date when they come back on. She asks me every day when the show will be back and I always say, “I don’t know, sometime in the fall.”
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Not worth it...
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a major timeline fault from the original trilogy based on how the prequel trilogy was done.

The original Star Wars / Episode IV: A New Hope seems to have taken place 19 years after events where Darth Vader and Obi Wan were much older.

Sort of like, Obi Wan was a 30 something year old Jedi, who took on an early 20s hot shot young Anakin with great potential.

Obi Wan was not quite the 50 year old more experienced master He should have been.
Annakin was way too good and strong and cocky.

After a decade of brutal war both men are changed, and grow apart as Obi becomes more resolute in his belief in order and Anakin becomes more and more brutal on the battlefield over the next few years.  

Anakin becomes a straight up war crime committing, hammer of the Emperor.  Obi and the remaining loyal, democratic, less brutal Senate types are hunted down.

Fifty year old Obi gets 40 year old Annakin’s pregnant wife away, Anakin blows up the ship he thinks Obi was on, Obi tricks him into thinking he just killed his pregnant wife instead, and they have their showdown.  

It’s not the stupid high ground showdown.  Anakin ploughing through dozens of rebels and a handful of Jedi already wounded and beat down a ton almost kills Obi Wan before  another dying Jedi hits him with some force thrown lava giving Obi the chance to win.  They never showed full power Anakin like they should have.

Obi barely escapes.  The Emperor picks up burned up Anakin.  Padme, after her narrow decoy plan escape/rescue needed Because the man she loved grew evil a little at a time until she finally could take no more, has the twins and lives a few more years before dying randomly in a raid led by Darth Vader and he never even knew.

NOW we get Episode 4,
With 70 year old beat down wreck Obi and 60 year old broken Vader.

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Any word on the other Star Wars spin offs?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
After a decade of brutal war both men are changed, and grow apart as Obi becomes more resolute in his belief in order and Anakin becomes more and more brutal on the battlefield over the next few years.

Anakin becomes a straight up war crime committing, hammer of the Emperor.  Obi and the remaining loyal, democratic, less brutal Senate types are hunted down.
View Quote

I'm watching the Clone Wars series for the first time.  A few days ago, I saw the first three episodes of Season 2.  This exchange was in Episode 3:

Mace Windu:  The Chancellor wants a report on our progress.
Obi-Wan Kenobi:  Tell him this is not Republic business. It's an internal Jedi affair.
Anakin Skywalker:  I'm to disagree, but as long as the Jedi are acting as a military, we should report to the Chancellor, even on internal matters such as this.

I was like, , it's beginning.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#38]
So this came in the mail today.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Preordered in February, card was charged yesterday, package arrived today.  

It'll be a couple of days before we can get into it but I'm excited.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Apparently they are changing the Lego name to mandalorian ship,  something with razor Crest copywrite?  I dunno,  my nephew a fellow start wars nerd was breaking it down to me as he said the ones marked razor Crest will be sought after.

Might want to maybe hang on to that unopened to see if it pans out lol.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Good thing we can't get to it for a couple of days then.  Cool.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have thought the same thing. He and the rest of the cast were hung by horrible dialog. If Lucas had hired someone like joss whedon to polish the dialogue we might all ove the prequels.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
God Damn, has it been that long already?
View Quote

Kinda cool this thread is still going strong.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope not.

I'm fucking sick of seeing the same godamn characters over and over and over and over and over and over and over ....

It's a whole fucking galaxy, find some new folks to make stories about.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 1:20:11 AM EDT
[#44]
I still need to watch the behind the scenes docuseries.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If there was a corresponding change in the outfit, I might not mind so much.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3053/C58FEE0B-BA6D-467E-AB35-6655E947C753_jpe-1451312.JPG
That’s from our own @weaponoutfitters
View Quote

i'll take Katee Sackhoff in that costume as Bo Kataan, please...
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 1:55:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Apparently they are changing the Lego name to mandalorian ship,  something with razor Crest copywrite?  I dunno,  my nephew a fellow start wars nerd was breaking it down to me as he said the ones marked razor Crest will be sought after.

Might want to maybe hang on to that unopened to see if it pans out lol.
View Quote
My Amazon preorder shipped the other day.

The preorder from LEGO is shipping soon.

I'm interested to see which box we get.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:12:21 AM EDT
[#47]
razor crest lego ship ordered for my son's birthday.  we'll see which one I get as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:18:00 AM EDT
[#48]

If this happens and Rosario Dawson is Ahsoka I might just have to subscribe...
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is a major timeline fault from the original trilogy based on how the prequel trilogy was done.

The original Star Wars / Episode IV: A New Hope seems to have taken place 19 years after events where Darth Vader and Obi Wan were much older.

Sort of like, Obi Wan was a 30 something year old Jedi, who took on an early 20s hot shot young Anakin with great potential.

Obi Wan was not quite the 50 year old more experienced master He should have been.
Annakin was way too good and strong and cocky.

Fifty year old Obi gets 40 year old Annakin’s pregnant wife away, Anakin blows up the ship he thinks Obi was on, Obi tricks him into thinking he just killed his pregnant wife instead, and they have their showdown.  

It’s not the stupid high ground showdown.  Anakin ploughing through dozens of rebels and a handful of Jedi already wounded and beat down a ton almost kills Obi Wan before  another dying Jedi hits him with some force thrown lava giving Obi the chance to win.  They never showed full power Anakin like they should have.

Obi barely escapes.  The Emperor picks up burned up Anakin.  Padme, after her narrow decoy plan escape/rescue needed Because the man she loved grew evil a little at a time until she finally could take no more, has the twins and lives a few more years before dying randomly in a raid led by Darth Vader and he never even knew.

NOW we get Episode 4,
With 70 year old beat down wreck Obi and 60 year old broken Vader.

View Quote

This is how I always pictured it prior to the prequels. Not an almost singular event the way the prequels try to portray it. But a gradual move by Anakin. ALMOST forced on him by the circumstances. You can understand why he makes the choices to get the job done and save his men. Until one day you see it has stopped being about saving people and just become about winning. Then once the ends justify the means, he fully goes dark causing the other Jedi to try to stop him. Then the Jedi are just one more roadblock to overcome.

So yeah. I always pictured it as a longer more gradual shift.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is how I always pictured it prior to the prequels. Not an almost singular event the way the prequels try to portray it. But a gradual move by Anakin. ALMOST forced on him by the circumstances. You can understand why he makes the choices to get the job done and save his men. Until one day you see it has stopped being about saving people and just become about winning. Then once the ends justify the means, he fully goes dark causing the other Jedi to try to stop him. Then the Jedi are just one more roadblock to overcome.

So yeah. I always pictured it as a longer more gradual shift.
View Quote

You just , pretty much described the subplot to The Clone Wars animated series.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top