Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Sharmila Devar does the voice for Ursa Wren in the Clone Wars .
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 3:46:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe they will just say it was his personal code or some shit. I need to go back and rewatch what he said exactly.
Because I'm curious to see if the dialog was mandalorian lore specifically,  or if maybe it was ambiguous enough that it's  a Favreau/ Philoni thing.

Fuck I need to relearn all the lore
View Quote

Somebody mentioned the Karen Traviss novels, and the in the conversation The Armorer had with them  after the heavy Mando and Djinn got into the knife fight when he tried to take his helmet off she mentioned something about "walking the path of the Mandalor".  With how wonky they've made some of the canon, that could be a misspeak but it could be a tilt back towards the Traviss Mandalorians.  With the Mandalorians betting by and large wiped out and Bo Katan losing the Darksaber (the thing that makes them the leader of all the Mandalorians / Mandalor) to Moff Gideon, the never taking the helmet off could be a "most Mandalorian of all the Mandalorians" thing as they start to try and rebuild the Mandalorians behind an actual Mandalor.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:04:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Before it’s brought up here I figure I’ll get ahead of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYVnD3RB5V0
View Quote

Honestly that sounds like the best course.  I heard Brandon Wayne is doing most of the costume work anyways.  Just have pascal doing voice work fixes everything.  

Kind of bs he signs on for a part and then wants to change it up.  But I see his side.  Can’t believe they wouldn’t work in more face time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Somebody mentioned the Karen Traviss novels, and the in the conversation The Armorer had with them  after the heavy Mando and Djinn got into the knife fight when he tried to take his helmet off she mentioned something about "walking the path of the Mandalor".  With how wonky they've made some of the canon, that could be a misspeak but it could be a tilt back towards the Traviss Mandalorians.  With the Mandalorians betting by and large wiped out and Bo Katan losing the Darksaber (the thing that makes them the leader of all the Mandalorians / Mandalor) to Moff Gideon, the never taking the helmet off could be a "most Mandalorian of all the Mandalorians" thing as they start to try and rebuild the Mandalorians behind an actual Mandalor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe they will just say it was his personal code or some shit. I need to go back and rewatch what he said exactly.
Because I'm curious to see if the dialog was mandalorian lore specifically,  or if maybe it was ambiguous enough that it's  a Favreau/ Philoni thing.

Filoni put things from the old EU into Rebels.  It wouldn't surprise me if that was happening here, too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 7:30:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I thought that was Sabine's mother?
View Quote

1 was Sabines mother, the other I don’t think they identified.  

I’m not sure the 3rd Mandalorian from those episodes is the same as the Armorer.  The Armorer’s helmet seemed to have the modifications on the helmet like Gaxon’s troops did to mimic Maul’s horns
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ever since Disney killed the original EU. Everything is fucked up canon/lore wise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever since Disney killed the original EU. Everything is fucked up canon/lore wise.

Killing the EU was necessary. It really was a hot mess. Like a gambler we only remember the wins, which seem to be slowly working their way back into Canon thanks to guys like Filoni.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I do find the 'never take off the helmet' thing to be nonsense...this was the first property it was mentioned in that I can recall.

When he is working....taking meetings and such...sure...keep it on.  But when he is on his ship or in the company of people he trusts then take it off.
View Quote

The origins of always wearing a mask explained:

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here's a legible version.

https://i.redd.it/zxafltflhgp51.jpg
View Quote

I could read mine just fine.

Its OK.  We all get to that point.  My grandma used to use a magnifying glass to read normal sized print.  Perhaps one of your grandkids can help you order one from the internet.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#14]
My body is ready
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Have they announced how many episodes are going to be in the new season? I'm hoping it's more than 8.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#16]

This is the way

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Cool!
I took this picture at Comic Con last year. I don’t think it was for sale.

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC there was an event referred to as "The Purge", where 80% of the planet Mandalor was destroyed. The survivors populated her moons and simultaneously hid their existence from the rest of the galaxy and tried to find other remnants of the race that were scattered throughout the galaxy and in hiding. Perhaps trying to disguise their numbers is the reason for not removing their helmets.

Or maybe I am getting it confused with another race.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#20]
ILM featurette and Adam Savage interview with ILM's John Knoll and John Goodson about the Razor Crest motion controlled miniature shooting, old school and new school techniques combined:

Inside ILM: Creating the Razor Crest

How ILM Made The Mandalorian's Razor Crest Motion-Controlled Miniature!

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

I actually wear a Boba Fett helmet and shirt when I shop, gets lots of thumbs up, and the few that question it, I tell them that since they've turned this into a circus, I'm going to be a clown
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Have they announced how many episodes are going to be in the new season? I'm hoping it's more than 8.
View Quote

It is 8 episodes.

With another season of 8 episodes already ordered. If Disney doesn't drive the series into the ground with this next one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ILM featurette and Adam Savage interview with ILM's John Knoll and John Goodson about the Razor Crest motion controlled miniature shooting, old school and new school techniques combined:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YuaIwVbEZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtGAiEQEIXE

View Quote

And you can now order the 'Toy' https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-razor-crest
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I actually wear a Boba Fett helmet and shirt when I shop, gets lots of thumbs up, and the few that question it, I tell them that since they've turned this into a circus, I'm going to be a clown
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice.

I know a guy here in MO that’s worn one around a time or two.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does the helmet have a voice modulator? Because if so that'd be bad ass.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. I do have a Stormtrooper one that does, but it's not as cool as you would think it would be--The speakers are in the back of the helmet, so the person you're talking to hears part of your voice, and the modulated one behind it, almost like an echo, they're only $100 and kinda meant to be a shelf display anyways.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I have the Fett Black Series helmet... it doesn't fit my melon at all.  It'd be awesome to wear out and about if it fit better.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YuaIwVbEZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtGAiEQEIXE

View Quote

When I first saw Star Wars in 1977 I immediately wanted to be a special effects model builder. I did everything that I could to try to achieve that goal, sadly I fell short. But that was always a dream of mine. And I like to think that I have continued that dream even though I'm 54 , in the kits that I build.

It brings a smile to my face to see them doing it old school. I'm hoping that either Bandai or Fine Molds will release a Razor Crest kit
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No. I do have a Stormtrooper one that does, but it's not as cool as you would think it would be--The speakers are in the back of the helmet, so the person you're talking to hears part of your voice, and the modulated one behind it, almost like an echo, they're only $100 and kinda meant to be a shelf display anyways.
View Quote

Ah yeah, I can see that wouldn't be very good.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ah yeah, I can see that wouldn't be very good.
View Quote

I have the Stormtrooper one as well. He's right about the speaker. It's not very loud and it's poorly placed
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link to decent mando helmet?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I haven't seen one yet. Hopefully Hasbro does one for May the Fourth.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only ones I've seen are really crappy ones that are on eBay. Hopefully Hasbro will make a Black Series one
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Our company went "all in, in the cloud". We recently finished closing the last of our data centers. There were literally *tons* of scrap steel & copper left over.

A bunch of that was grabbed up and someone made a Mandalorian helmet for our CIO. He showed it off at our most recent All Hands call.

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Only ones I've seen are really crappy ones that are on eBay. Hopefully Hasbro will make a Black Series one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are. I'm sure it will go up for pre-order during one of the up coming "Mando Mondays" Hasbro is doing starting Oct 26.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you are looking for a Boba one, there are several on-line toy/collectible places to get one ( I order stuff from all 3 with no problems )

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=boba+fett+helmet

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/star-wars-the-black-series-boba-fett-helmet/hse7543

https://dorksidetoys.com/search?type=product&q=boba+fett+helmet
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If you are looking for a Boba one, there are several on-line toy/collectible places to get one ( I order stuff from all 3 with no problems )

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/star-wars-the-black-series-boba-fett-helmet/hse7543

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh man, I want that $350 replica.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Question...are we calling that being "Baby Yoda" simply because it hasn't been given a name yet?

I mean, because we know it isn't actual baby Yoda. Or, reincarnation?

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Question...are we calling that being "Baby Yoda" simply because it hasn't been given a name yet?

View Quote

I think officially it’s just “the child”.

Baby Yoda is a nickname he’s picked up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fans starting calling him that as there is no other frame of reference, Yoda's species has never been reveled. On the show he's the asset or child, and for marketing and merch officially it's the child for the time being.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#45]
How "STAR WARS: The Mandalorian" Should Have Ended (Season One)
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#46]
lol
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Who wants to bet that Ashoka shows up in ep 5?
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#50]
The Mandalorian | New Season Streaming Oct. 30 | Disney+
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top