Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Always liked Padme, as you can tell.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/DSCF0006-114731.jpg
View Quote
What a nerd!

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The Hondo animatronic at the new Millennium Falcon ride in Disney World.

Attachment Attached File

IG unit
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Both of those shows were very good.  The latest movies could have been great.  Oh, well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got the impression that what Ahsoka and Grogu were “talking” about was far more than it seemed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if “Baby Yoda” said his first word/s in the season finale...
View Quote

That's my take as well.  I think he basically "told" her that he's sticking with Mando.  
I think he also told her to have Din Djarin take him to Tython to the temple.  Did anyone else catch the look they gave one another as Mando walked back up the ramp with him to leave?  
Ashoka tearfully bowed her head; sad, but happy that he was headed on the right path.  

Remember, Grogu is 50-some years old and was raised in a Jedi temple, trained by many masters.  Ashoka isn't "technically" a Jedi in the purest sense of the meaning anymore, either.  More of a grey Jedi.
Grogu probably has just as much knowledge of the Force as she does.  He simply isn't showing it right now, for whatever reason.  Hell, he stopped a charging Mudhorn and lifted it off the ground in Season 1.  
Her words to Din Djarin were, "I can't train him" not "I won't train him."  The phrasing struck me as somewhat odd, given the circumstances.  

I think he's headed to the temple to get his mojo back.  
I also think that there's a good chance the Jedi he'll be calling "from the mount" aren't necessarily going to be doing the training, but rather once more Jedi are being called to gather.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, I watched another Jar Jar episode.

I think based on these two, I'll be skipping all future ones.
View Quote

One interesting quirk about Jar Jar in the Clone Wars version is that he's like a pure "chaotic good" for the Force.  
Sure, he bumbles it up, but it always creates some positive outcome.  In the movies, he was just an irritating imbecile.  

Honestly, I think the CW version nails the best portrayal of Jar Jar.  
If you hadn't been soured on the character by the movies, this version would be much more palatable.  
Some of the episodes actually add a depth of character to him.  For that reason alone, they're worth watching.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

One interesting quirk about Jar Jar in the Clone Wars version is that he's like a pure "chaotic good" for the Force.  
Sure, he bumbles it up, but it always creates some positive outcome.  In the movies, he was just an irritating imbecile.  

If you hadn't been soured on the character by the movies, this version would be much more palatable.  
Some of the episodes actually add a depth of character to him.  For that reason alone, they're worth watching.  
View Quote

Fuck Jar Jar.

Terrible character.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Both of those shows were very good.  The latest movies could have been great.  Oh, well.
View Quote

Hopefully with Filoni's involvement in the Mandalorian he will make it as good as TCW and Rebels were.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Morai or coincidence?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#11]

No way that's a coincidence.  Has to be Morai.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:29:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, he’s wanted by the Empire for cloning, I bet they had plans. That said, wouldn’t Ahsoka have picked up on a Dark side influence?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What evidence do we have that The Child is a good guy? Just because he’s cute?

He seems to be quite mischievous, and has no issues stealing eggs, baby spiders, cookies, whatever else he feels like shoving down his gullet.

Wouldn’t mind a little plot twist with the little black-eyed demon.

Well, he’s wanted by the Empire for cloning, I bet they had plans. That said, wouldn’t Ahsoka have picked up on a Dark side influence?

Pretty sure she did... when she said she felt much fear in him and wouldn't train him and then compared him to her former master and best friend...

ETA: I don't necessarily think he's outright evil, but I do think they're using him to make Snoke, successfully we won't know quickly.

Also the scene where she says she can't train him may be an attempt on Filoni's behalf to salvage the Jedi and Luke with his own shitty director's choice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:31:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think it has more to do with the bond he has with Din. But I may have took that conversation the wrong way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe that’s why she wouldn’t train him! She sensed the same thing Yoda did about Anakin...darkness.

I think it has more to do with the bond he has with Din. But I may have took that conversation the wrong way.

The bond Anakin had with Padme is what lead him to the path of the dark side. That's the entire point. He loved her to the point of corruption.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Just watched the latest episode.  I like where things are going; but, as I’ve stated, I’m even more afraid that the show will drift off into a land of having to have watched TCW & Rebels, read all the EU, played all the games and bought all the toys in order to appreciate it.

Homage after homage after homage.  Samurai. Spaghetti western. Terminator. Tombstone.

I kept thinking of this towards the end, and was a little  disappointed in the music...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's my take as well.  I think he basically "told" her that he's sticking with Mando.  
I think he also told her to have Din Djarin take him to Tython to the temple.  Did anyone else catch the look they gave one another as Mando walked back up the ramp with him to leave?  
Ashoka tearfully bowed her head; sad, but happy that he was headed on the right path.  

Remember, Grogu is 50-some years old and was raised in a Jedi temple, trained by many masters.  Ashoka isn't "technically" a Jedi in the purest sense of the meaning anymore, either.  More of a grey Jedi.
Grogu probably has just as much knowledge of the Force as she does.  He simply isn't showing it right now, for whatever reason.  Hell, he stopped a charging Mudhorn and lifted it off the ground in Season 1.  
Her words to Din Djarin were, "I can't train him" not "I won't train him."  The phrasing struck me as somewhat odd, given the circumstances.  

I also think that there's a good chance the Jedi he'll be calling "from the mount" aren't necessarily going to be doing the training, but rather once more Jedi are being called to gather.  
View Quote

Good take on it.

Wondering if Gideon's troops catch up with them at Tython?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember Ahsoka said something to the effect when they were trying to get him to move the stone that he was hiding his abilities out of fear of being discovered. It was a matter of survival why he has not shown how truly powerful he is with the force.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#17]
got these at Target today

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Except one is fugly. The other is the sorta ok looking chick you'd bang because she has a personality and isn't too cunty.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#20]
What would be a good order to watch everything including Clone Wars and Rebels in?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Binging with Babish: Macarons from The Mandalorian (ft. Jon Favreau!)
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What would be a good order to watch everything including Clone Wars and Rebels in?
View Quote

Start with episode 1 and enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But stop at whatever the most recent episode of the Mandalorian is. Nobody needs to watch 7,8,9.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, she made it clear that it was due to the fear she senses in Grogu and his strong attachment to Mando. Those are both paths to the dark side. And because she saw Anakin fall first hand, and how terrible Darth Vader became. She's understandably very gun shy about the force because she's seen how bad it can go, and she knows how powerful with the force Yoda and Grogu's species are. If Grogu were to succumb to the dark side, it would be a disaster the likes of which the universe has never seen
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

But stop at whatever the most recent episode of the Mandalorian is. Nobody needs to watch 7,8,9.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eh, everyone needs an example of what not to do.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
First two prequels, Clone Wars movie then series, last prequel, Rebels except for the monologue at the end of the last episode, Rogue One, the original movies in order, Rebels monologue, Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basketballplayerheadnod.gif
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
First two prequels, Clone Wars movie then series, last prequel, Rebels except for the monologue at the end of the last episode, Rogue One, the original movies in order, Rebels monologue, Mandalorian.
View Quote

That is a great rainy weekend list.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That is a great rainy weekend list.
View Quote

Gonna take A LOT more than a weekend.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That is a great rainy weekend season list.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Yall cost me $300.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would absolutely not watch either cartoon series before all 6 mainline movies. They were written assuming you already know the story and spoil some of the best moments. The overall franchise is not meant to be watched in strict chronological order. More like main story line with flashbacks. Imagine if Pulp Fiction had been cut in time order.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a great rainy weekend season list.

True, The CW and Rebels series are long.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
What haven't you seen? If you've seen the movies then go straight to CW.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot the Holiday Special.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I feel sorry for people who try to defend Jar Jar.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

My oldest was 4 when it came out and my 2nd was born in 2000. They both love Jar Jar. YUK. I cannot convince them otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Link to a $300 one?
The last one I saw was over a grand!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sicko.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's fine for someone already familiar with SW, but it's absolutely horrible for someone new. Release order for the movies (7/8/9 are optional) then CW, then Rebels
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My oldest was 4 when it came out and my 2nd was born in 2000. They both love Jar Jar. YUK. I cannot convince them otherwise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that's part of why Jar Jar exists. He's an over the top slap stick character, which kids love when done right but is annoying to adults. Kids also have little to no understanding of the deeply complex political machinations Palpatine did. The big allure of Star Wars is different parts of it appeal to different groups, so everybody has something to enjoy. Jar Jar has a target audience and this site's membership isn't it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone should forget the Holiday Special.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, it did introduce Boba Fet
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well the Lego Holiday Special they just released was pretty funny...
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's fine for someone already familiar with SW, but it's absolutely horrible for someone new. Release order for the movies (7/8/9 are optional) then CW, then Rebels
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I left out the Ewok movies too
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Link to a $300 one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link to a $300 one?

@gotigers
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except I can't. I purposely got an old copy on DVD just to preserve it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

@gotigers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to a $300 one?

@gotigers

@AR-1904

Blade HQ got some in stock last week. $275 plus tax and shipping.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Microtech-UTX-85-Bounty-Hunter-OTF--113052

OOS now. Keep checking. Microtech is still making them. Mine has a 11/2020 manufacture date.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top