Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I enjoyed this season and await the July episodes...

Oh, and Obi-wan stinks. Stopped partway into episode 2.
View Quote

The plotholes it's creating are pissing me off.

No way Leia wouldn't remember him just 10 years later.

Never would have expected to be more entertained by Ms. Marvel than Obi Wan Kenobi.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm digging Murray...he's awesome
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

FWIW, really appreciate the linguistic attention to detail so far. The only somewhat goofy part was Murray pulling off being native with his accent. But, it's good enough it really still might have worked, but in a "where the heck are your from kind of way.

But, the extras are all native speakers and it really shows.
View Quote

Once they crashed in Russia I figured they would use him being a non-native as a plot device/complication but it never came up.

Overall enjoy the series. I’m just old enough to remember  the 80’s as a small kid, so it definitely has some nostalgia going on but doesn’t seem to have over the top hokey.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I finished what's released so far and I personally think this season is the best they've put out since season 1.

Yes it starts slow but once it gets going, it's fantastic.
View Quote

Just finished tonight as well.  I like it, no complaints at all.  I think all 4 Seasons are a remarkable body of work.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Just finished it.

Best season since the first, by far.  Mike and Will got sidetracked as bitches.  Lucas' sister is annoying.

El, Harrington, Ed, Nancy, Robin, and Dustin are killing it.  The writers nailed the relationship and dialogue with Dustin and Harrington.

I predicted who 001 was, but certainly didn't predict his big reveal.

I think it was very well done after all but giving up on Season 3.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Enjoyed the mid season finale as well. I will be sad when it's over.

Steve is my fav. Wish they had him with his baseball bat from last season.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Enjoyed the mid season finale as well. I will be sad when it's over.

Steve is my fav. Wish they had him with his baseball bat from last season.
View Quote

Is this the final season?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Season 5 will be the final season.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

series was renewed for a fifth and final season in February 2022

Last two episodes of s4 in t-one hour.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:59:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Back when I had netflix i watched 3 episodes of the first season. I didn't return to watch anymore.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Just finished.

Click To View Spoiler

We enjoyed it. Well written, shot, paced, edited… what long form storytelling is supposed to be.

Looking forward to season 5!
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Eddies song in the upside down world was perfect.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Best part of the finale
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#15]
So far, I'm enjoying volume 2 but there's two thing that bothered me.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:33:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Am I the only one that noticed Conan’s Atlantean sword?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:22:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Best part of the finale
View Quote
Agreed. It was perfect. One of my favorite scenes of the entire series. But I'm a big Metallica fan.

The finale was great. Really good. I'll probably watch it again at some point this weekend to look for more Easter eggs.  Robin is dressed up like somebody but I can't put my finger on who. With the beret and all. I know there is a reference there somewhere.  At first I thought it was a nod to The Legend of Billie Jean, but I checked and that's not it.

There's also a really good nod to the original "It" movie at the end.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:25:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
@isujim

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:45:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 2:05:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Probably the most over rated show I’ve ever tried to watch.
Don’t think I even finished season 1
View Quote

critical drinker seemed to think it was over after season 1 then they retconned the story so they could add more seasons?  i canstand things like that!
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 3:21:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@isujim

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
@isujim

Click To View Spoiler

Oh I hope not.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 3:42:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Is it ok if I skip from season 1 to season 4?  Season 2 was way too slow for me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Watched it tonight. I thought it was excellent. Most metal season yet Looking forward to #5. Shame that is the last season.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Agreed. It was perfect. One of my favorite scenes of the entire series. But I'm a big Metallica fan.

The finale was great. Really good. I'll probably watch it again at some point this weekend to look for more Easter eggs.  Robin is dressed up like somebody but I can't put my finger on who. With the beret and all. I know there is a reference there somewhere.  At first I thought it was a nod to The Legend of Billie Jean, but I checked and that's not it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best part of the finale

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh I hope not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
@isujim

Click To View Spoiler

Oh I hope not.

Oh, its pretty obvious...
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Really really digging this season. It's got more of a mature vibe.

Maybe someone can answer my spoiler below.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

To me it seemed that when Vecna arrived in the new dimension, there were these demigorgon creatures running around, and this smoky substance, which might have been controlling said demigorgons or just was some elemental type force that Vecna then took over/tamed and made in the image he wanted (spider).
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:23:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Did it bug anyone else that Henry knew he had that chip in his neck that was subduing his powers? And that Eleven was the one who ripped it out? Like if he knew this chip was holding him back why not just take  a scalpel to it himself? That underground lab was basically a hospital. I cannot imagine for a second he wouldn't of thought of digging the chip out himself? Eleven took it out with ease.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

To me it seemed that when Vecna arrived in the new dimension, there were these demigorgon creatures running around, and this smoky substance, which might have been controlling said demigorgons or just was some elemental type force that Vecna then took over/tamed and made in the image he wanted (spider).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

This… it was a semi-Hellraiser moment if you ask me. He got sent to the new dimension via the door Eleven made and wound up ruling. The classic “don’t send me to hell, I’ll take over and make your life worse” storyline.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Most of the characters on the show it seems has a corollary to some real person/character from a movie or show in the 80s.

They cast good actors and made them up to remind you of people from back in the day. The psycho basketball kid is a spitting image of Emilio Estevez, and the girl Robin has the crush on was dressed like Molly Ringwald did.

Smart, instant flashback hacks to establish time and place.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Why are they carrying around what looks to me like 110v bug zappers?
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah where the hell that come from?
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I’m wondering now if Will is gay, or does he know he’s connected to the upside down world.
I still remember from the first or second season with he coughed up something that crawled down the drain.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I the only one that noticed Conan's Atlantean sword?

When the prisoners were sent to fight the Hellcritter they were given access to a bunch of melee weapons. It seems far fetched that a functional copy of Conan's sword would be available in the early 80s, but it was a cute retro nod.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m kinda glad it didn’t get revealed that Eleven actually created the upside down )which was a theory) and, but that it was already in existence (which makes more sense).

The question still remains though - who/what created Hawkins in the upside down? Clearly it’s not a complete parallel universe as much of the landscape is barren. It seems to be only Hawkins that is parallel.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm kinda glad it didn't get revealed that Eleven actually created the upside down )which was a theory) and, but that it was already in existence (which makes more sense).

The question still remains though - who/what created Hawkins in the upside down? Clearly it's not a complete parallel universe as much of the landscape is barren. It seems to be only Hawkins that is parallel.
View Quote
It seems like there are multiple dimensions There's the upside down and then there is a 3rd dimension. Vecna's house is still together in the regular upside down, in the third it's ripped apart.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It seems like there are multiple dimensions There's the upside down and then there is a 3rd dimension. Vecna's house is still together in the regular upside down, in the third it's ripped apart.
View Quote

I don’t think 3rd location is another dimension but rather a place Vecna creates in his mind.

It’s essentially a hallucination for those who are in it. That’s why listening to music allows the person who is there to escape.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’m kinda glad it didn’t get revealed that Eleven actually created the upside down )which was a theory) and, but that it was already in existence (which makes more sense).

The question still remains though - who/what created Hawkins in the upside down? Clearly it’s not a complete parallel universe as much of the landscape is barren. It seems to be only Hawkins that is parallel.
View Quote

It hasn’t been explicitly said but my assumption is that it was vencna that modeled the upside down after Hawkins. Hawkins was his entire world before going to the upside down. He found the shadow, mastered it and then started remaking the upside down in his own image.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife is an extra in the final gym scene.  She enjoyed the Duffer brothers experience, and said that her 30 second scene took about 16 hours to film.  Gives you an appreciation for their vision.  She got a few seconds of screen time at least
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Sullivan says-"Quarter and search by twos, Hicks take the upper level"

Aliens
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@isujim

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
@isujim

Click To View Spoiler

Dude got mind flayed and survived. He still has remnants of the big bad floating around his head. He cries with Mike,he cries with his brother, he probably cries in the shower. Dudes messed up and on the emotional edge.

If that makes him gay that’s some garbage writing.

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 3:01:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Just finished my second viewing of the last two episodes of season 4, and there was a lot to take in. I have been consistently impressed with this series so far, and the latest season did not disappoint. Big time spoilers below:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't think 3rd location is another dimension but rather a place Vecna creates in his mind.

It's essentially a hallucination for those who are in it. That's why listening to music allows the person who is there to escape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think 3rd location is another dimension but rather a place Vecna creates in his mind.

It's essentially a hallucination for those who are in it. That's why listening to music allows the person who is there to escape.

I believe this is correct. The floating clocks and house pieces is inside of a "dream" or whatever when Vecna does that Matrix thing to tap into our dimension.

I liked all the parallels they gave Vecna to Freddy Krueger. His left hand is like the Freddy Blade glove. He attacks through a sleep/trance. He has a burned body. Ect ect.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#47]

That's what I thought as well,.  Also, I thought of the good old EM-50 at one point.  :)
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Did it bug anyone else that Henry knew he had that chip in his neck that was subduing his powers? And that Eleven was the one who ripped it out? Like if he knew this chip was holding him back why not just take  a scalpel to it himself? That underground lab was basically a hospital. I cannot imagine for a second he wouldn't of thought of digging the chip out himself? Eleven took it out with ease.
View Quote

If he did it himself, he couldn't blame anyone else for it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the moment I thought it was He-man’s sword to me so I thought it was just a reference to the cartoon.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When the prisoners were sent to fight the Hellcritter they were given access to a bunch of melee weapons. It seems far fetched that a functional copy of Conan's sword would be available in the early 80s, but it was a cute retro nod.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure that CAS Iberia sold them pretty quickly after the movie came out.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top