Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Talisman?
View Quote

WAIT--WHAT?

Are they making the Talisman into a series?  I need to know!  My second favorite book!
Please be HBO or someone who will do it justice!
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
1 and 3 are good seasons.  I'm not sure between 2 and 4 which is the worse.  If 4 was trimmed up I think it'd be undeniably better than 2.

ETA:  wait nevermind 2 is better simply because of the lame russia shit in 4.  Superhuman Hopper was annoying as shit.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m wondering now if Will is gay, or does he know he’s connected to the upside down world.
I still remember from the first or second season with he coughed up something that crawled down the drain.
View Quote

Are you serious?  Yes he's totally gay.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
(in reference to gay plot lines)

Quoted:
Meh, they do a little bit.  It is annoying and entirely gratuitous.  It serves no purpose other than to be present for us to see and take in.  It's one of the few issues I have with the show.  Given what I've seen on other shows, though, it could be way worse.
View Quote

Nicely put, and I agree.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes I did.  Did anyone catch the Aliens reference right after that?

View Quote

My dogs are named Newt and Ripley, and I have an orange cat named Jonesy.  What do you think?  

(currently, family is playing ALIENS: Fireteam and we're loving it)
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1 and 3 are good seasons.  I'm not sure between 2 and 4 which is the worse.  If 4 was trimmed up I think it'd be undeniably better than 2.

ETA:  wait nevermind 2 is better simply because of the lame russia shit in 4.  Superhuman Hopper was annoying as shit.
View Quote

4 is worse than 2.  

1………3,2,4

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes I did.  Did anyone catch the Aliens reference right after that?

View Quote

I did I pointed it out a few pages ago
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I loved it. It's absolutely amazing.

Big stranger things fan
View Quote
Me, too.  Best use of a Journey song in film or TV ..and I absolutely HATE Journey but the use of that gorgeous mix of "Separate Ways" was AWESOME.

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (Steve Perry & Bryce Miller Extended Remix - Official Audio)

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Pretty cool.

Stranger Things 4 | Eddie, This Is For You | Netflix
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nicely put, and I agree.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Meh, they do a little bit.  It is annoying and entirely gratuitous.  It serves no purpose other than to be present for us to see and take in.  It's one of the few issues I have with the show.  Given what I've seen on other shows, though, it could be way worse.

Nicely put, and I agree.

I was thinking it was a device used to avoid any romantic conflicts between Eleven, Mike, and Will. There’s already one, it didn’t need two.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Will.. he be gay for Mike lol

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2022/07/15/stranger-things-star-noah-schnapp-confirms-will-byers-gay/10068868002/

"Stranger Things" star Noah Schnapp is confirming a popular theory about his character's sexuality.

After Will Byers' heart-wrenching speech in the Season 4 finale, Schnapp officially said his character is gay in an interview with Variety published Thursday.

Schnapp previously left his character's sexuality for interpretation as the show has hinted toward Will's queerness. Now, he says that producers Matt and Ross Duffers have implied that Will is gay since the first season.

"Now it’s 100% clear that he is gay and he does love Mike," Schnapp said. "It was a slow arc. I think it is done so beautifully, because it’s so easy to make a character just like all of a sudden be gay."

Schnapp said he's excited for the Duffers' plan to focus on his character more in the fifth season.

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Will.. he be gay for Mike lol

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2022/07/15/stranger-things-star-noah-schnapp-confirms-will-byers-gay/10068868002/

"Stranger Things" star Noah Schnapp is confirming a popular theory about his character's sexuality.

After Will Byers' heart-wrenching speech in the Season 4 finale, Schnapp officially said his character is gay in an interview with Variety published Thursday.

Schnapp previously left his character's sexuality for interpretation as the show has hinted toward Will's queerness. Now, he says that producers Matt and Ross Duffers have implied that Will is gay since the first season.

"Now it’s 100% clear that he is gay and he does love Mike," Schnapp said. "It was a slow arc. I think it is done so beautifully, because it’s so easy to make a character just like all of a sudden be gay."

Schnapp said he's excited for the Duffers' plan to focus on his character more in the fifth season.

View Quote

If true, this is so fucking gay.  They could have made him weird because, you know, he got mind flayed, lost all control, puked up a infant demodog, became a spy for the enemy, needed a sort of exorcism, still has an unnatural connection to the upside down, and can't be normal due to PTSD/uncontrolled emotions or whatever, but still soldiers on for his friends...

...but they made him gay to promote "THE MESSAGE!"
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#16]
The more I think about it, the more I don’t like season four as much.

Vecna just coming out of nowhere just isn’t very satisfying to the story.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 2:14:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I did not mind it all that much.  Plus while I thought this was the last season, the end really did come around full circle an offer room for a 5th season.

As a horror device - Vecna did a good job.  I can imagine this season could cause kids to have nightmares.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope they incorporate Drive from The Cars into season five. Would be great for the period.

ETA: Also, the song’s tempo would be easy to fit somewhere in an episode…

The Cars - Drive (Official Music Video)
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top