Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I was looking really hard at a Benelli M4, ordered a IWI Tavor TS 12 instead... probably fits the stupid part of OP's question, but I wanted it, cool shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I would love to have a PSM in .25ACP—thin/flat & better ergonomics than most .25ACPs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

And if they continue that logic, the first amendment should only apply to printing presses that were around during the same time period...no electronic media, no radio or TV, and no modern printing presses.  

Same for religions, welfare, and health care (abortions, etc).
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Piccolo, in a panic, drops his ten-foot pole and flees.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I do have the phone number of the owner of the Encore pistol in .600 Nitro Express. He said to call if I ever want to shoot it.

Piccolo, in a panic, drops his ten-foot pole and flees.

Yeah, I said no too. He also has a Hawken style 2 bore muzzleloader. 1/2 pounf roundball.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Got one in .32
View Quote

I live in CT and about 15 years ago my New Jersey aunt told me she had a pistol if I wanted it. My departed uncle had taken it off a senile drunk neighbor 30+ years ago.

She went to a local gun shop and they charged her $200 to ship it up to my dealer . Mine was a very ugly , sloppy gun with about 2/3 of the nickel flaked off with busted grips and a cylinder that would only occasionally lock up.
I believe it was .32
I am pretty brave but didn't trust the rickety old thing. Never bothered to tell my sweet old aunt that it was garbage and that she had been taken. Thanked her and told her it was a interesting old gun.
After she passed I got $50 or $75 at some stupid gun buy back and donated the cash to a youth shooting group
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
As a child of the 80's I always wanted a calico .22 or 9mm
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#7]
4 bore blunderbuss
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I want a reproduction Springfield Trapdoor rifle.

One, I think they're neat and classy. Two, I want to go kill a huge fucking deer with it to make fun of these guys that lease hunting land that think deer hunting is hard. Three, I want to take it out west, kill an elk with it, and further make fun of those guys that spend big money on modern top tier rifles to shoot animals.
View Quote

There are quite a few original trapdoors around with reliable shooters going for $400ish last I checked-I have one , think I paid $275 about ten years ago.
Pretty long and heavy to drag on a hunting trip .

I also have a H&R reproduction model 1873 officers model carbine trapdoor . these guns (the H&R repros ) were pretty plain but in the 100 th year (1873-1973) H&R made a pretty classy special model that had better fit and finish , better wood and better rear sight . Not sure what this special model goes for now but they are pretty good shooters . They only are good for standard trapdoor level loads so hunting takes some skill what with the rainbow trajectory and all . 405 gr bullet going 1200 fps is a bit tricky to hit with but they will kill well if you can hit with them .

There are some original trapdoor carbines around but they bring pretty steep price tags
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Chiappa Triple Threat

AR-57 upper
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As a child of the 80's I always wanted a calico .22 or 9mm
View Quote

Ive got a Calico rifle I paid like $500 for a couple years back.
Saw a pistol in a pawnshop a couple weeks ago and got super excited until I saw they wanted a grand for it.
I was like ohhhh…. Nevermind.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd really like a FAMAS and a Brit L85.  I realize they both have issues, but they're weird bullpups and would be fun to own.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've always wanted to build a Parker Hale M85 clone. It won't be perfect by any means but you can get close.

Not sure why, I just have always liked this rifle and think it's one of the best looking bolt action rifles next to the M401.

Think I came across the rifle in a 80's Gun Digest and just wanted one from then on.  

McMillian still offers the stock as a blank (flat top/no inlet) so the entire project will be a PITA.

A real one sold a few years back for 10k

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/79/1675/parker-hale-m85-sniper-rifle-with-swarovski-zfm-sniper-scope
View Quote

Been there did that, built two in 6.5 Creedmoor. Long story and lots of work starting with $25 receivers.  End result are guns that shoot under 0.5 MOA and different than about anything else out there.

Son's 6.5 on the M85 action.  

My 6.5 on the M85 action.

@MartinReed
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Double action Scofield type revolver that takes moon clips in 38 Special because speed loading a modern revolver lefthanded is a pita.

Functional broomhandle Mauser replica in 9mm, because I'd want to shoot it and idolized Hans Solo as a kid.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 4:50:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Been there did that, built two in 6.5 Creedmoor. Long story and lots of work starting with $25 receivers.  End result are guns that shoot under 0.5 MOA and different than about anything else out there.

https://i.ibb.co/k3KB6Sn/Rifle.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/M9MQSkL/M85-PH.jpg

@MartinReed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always wanted to build a Parker Hale M85 clone. It won't be perfect by any means but you can get close.

Not sure why, I just have always liked this rifle and think it's one of the best looking bolt action rifles next to the M401.

Think I came across the rifle in a 80's Gun Digest and just wanted one from then on.  

McMillian still offers the stock as a blank (flat top/no inlet) so the entire project will be a PITA.

A real one sold a few years back for 10k

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/79/1675/parker-hale-m85-sniper-rifle-with-swarovski-zfm-sniper-scope

https://i.ibb.co/k3KB6Sn/Rifle.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/M9MQSkL/M85-PH.jpg

@MartinReed

@acpchuck

Your post just put the stupidest childish grin on my face.

I'll send you some PM's tomorrow. Debating building one of these or a Gary Gordon CAR clone.

Link Posted: 9/10/2021 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Scratched the stupid gun itch a little bit today.
Altors in 380 and 9mm and a Tec9.
Gangsta!
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Franchi SPAS12 cause clever girls and raptors
Even though I have owned in before
Fn ps90 cause large round count…
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Franchi SPAS12 cause clever girls and raptors
Even though I have owned in before
Fn ps90 cause large round count…
View Quote

Also, as Sol points out, it's a fuckin' anti-aircraft gun.  So there's that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:13:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Double action Scofield type revolver that takes moon clips in 38 Special because speed loading a modern revolver lefthanded is a pita.

Functional broomhandle Mauser replica in 9mm, because I'd want to shoot it and idolized Hans Solo as a kid.
View Quote

You idolized him and can't spell Han Solo?
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't think it's stupid, but the Aussies had a short handy Enfield rebarreled in 7.62x39 and modded to take AK mags. The AIA M10

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't think it's stupid, but the Aussies had a short handy Enfield rebarreled in 7.62x39 and modded to take AK mags. The AIA M10

https://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/_thumbs/Images/civil/civ024/aia_m10a2.jpg

View Quote

I actually had one of those, bought it at Gander Mountain before they folded!  I can say, without exaggeration, it is by far the crappiest gun I ever had.  It was supposed to take AK mags, nope, not a single one I owned fit.  It shot 7.62x39 out of a bolt gun, at least it was kinda accurite? Nope, prone with sandbags I had a hard time keeping them all on a paper plate at 50 yards.  The finish was what I would expect if you told a highschool chemistry class what parkerizing was and turned them loose to make up their own formula.  and the worst part was every single bit of metal on the while @#$%% gun was sharp or had a burr.  That gun made me bleed more than my AK.   My plan was a cheap mag fed centerfire rifle to shoot appleseeds with...but the accuracy was pathetic.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#21]
SA80
FAMAS

I have a thing for crappy bullpup rifles.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#23]

I don't even care to shoot It I just think it looks cool as hell.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#24]

I had one long ago, only ran well on CCI stingers. Nothing else cycled. Fun to shoot to about 12 feet. No real recoil.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#25]
AN94 but will never happen

COP 357 4 barrel, just because
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#26]
A real KRISS Vector SMG
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I want shockwave nightstick or tac14 hardwood
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#28]

That thing is downright scary.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#29]
A G36 clone
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#30]

and fuck the op rod.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Tec9
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top