Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/10/2007 3:22:54 PM EDT
Obviously this is hypothetical. I use my state/ country of Trinidad for reference as this body has no such resources currently... thus circumventing the CoC and errant personal judgement (by the maintainers) towards illegal activity. That being said, most certainly a case will be made.

Now, Which round?

In this situation, I would most definitely recommend the caliber .308, what say you? In this place that has no such devices, I understand if they did posess such electronics; it would be resistant to said round due to advances in simple polymer technology.

I wait for your personal conclusions, for the betterment of my countrymen wherever they may be.

If you live in Germany, you may wonder why you have not asked the question... for sports,
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
.68 caliber paintball?
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
So you want to permanently and with extream prejiduce terminate the functioning of these Redlight speeder cameras?

20MM Anti-Tank round should do just fine.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTL
.50 BMG

Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Used 22's here.

Dude Banana phone i love that song.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#7]
20mm
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Supressed .308
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So you want to permanently and with extream prejiduce terminate the functioning of these Redlight speeder cameras?

20MM Anti-Tank round should do just fine.

Accepted answer.

Conclusively, this answer is suitable and accepted by myself.

End of thread.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Supressed .308

Although, this does sound intrigueing

Is it acceptable to IBTL myself with predictions of "no sense of humour on the horizon"?
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]
IBTL and .68 cal paintball would do nicely. unless you are in a hurry, in which case, anything with a scope and good penetration should be fine.

Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd prefer Cool Hand Luke's method -

Hypothetically.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#13]
You dont live near Gallatin Tn, do ya? They have been nailing people since they put them cameras in.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd prefer Cool Hand Luke's method -

www.toolfetch.com/media/12506.jpg

Hypothetically.

Hypothetically indeed. I did not think outside the box, you did. I believe this could be the new accepted answer. With a suitable audible distraction, this device is entirely plausible as a countermeasure in passive speed monitoring devices.

...in Trinidad, nowhewre else.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You dont live near Gallatin Tn, do ya? They have been nailing people since they put them cameras in.

I have not been taxed by Trinidad's non-use of these devices... that being said, myself and Brock Yates both conclude: "While traveling in Gallatin, TN (if we would ever attempt such a foolish task), we choose Valentine One for maximum bored cop laughs"
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#16]
a .22 and a .38, that's all!
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/DragonsBloodAxe/Bananaphone.jpg

I do not understand this "Banana phone".

You do not believe Trinidad is real? or what man... tell me
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/DragonsBloodAxe/Bananaphone.jpg

I do not understand this "Banana phone".

You do not believe Trinidad is real? or what man... tell me

Unload all firearms nearby
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#19]
In some places they hang a tire on them, then burn the tire.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I found the Banana Phone news reel somewhat troubling.

Anyways these threads can be stopped and good to go now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have not been taxed by Trinidad's non-use of these devices... that being said, myself and Brock Yates both conclude: "While traveling in Gallatin, TN (if we would ever attempt such a foolish task), we choose Valentine One for maximum bored cop laughs"

I will take Gallatins cameras any day compared to White House's popo, couple of Sunday mornings back my wife got pulled over with her and the two kids in tow, doing a whopping 32 in a 30, they give popo a bad name. Didnt get a ticket just a warning, so whats the point?
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#22]
About a month ago, someone posted a hilarous website which was like 8 solid pages of destroyed cameras in the UK.

Their preferred method is to hang a tire around it and set it on fire.  This burning tire seems to solve the problem nicely.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#23]
NM  PeteCO said exactly what i was
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
About a month ago, someone posted a hilarous website which was like 8 solid pages of destroyed cameras in the UK.

Their preferred method is to hang a tire around it and set it on fire.  This burning tire seems to solve the problem nicely.

LINK
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#25]
A very small quantity of waxed thermite should do nicely if you can reach the housing.

If they are mounted too high to reach; a crossbow with a heavy bolt should do. Bearing in mind that missing carries the peril of unintentionally killing someone.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd use the Echo Papa 607

Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Wrist rockets and Air Pistols are good at taking out cameras and streetlights without making too much racket, in Trinidad.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Wrist rockets are good at taking out cameras and streetlights without making too much racket, in Trinidad.

Anywhere else, could be deemed inapprpriate.

On a side note, the peoples of Trinidad feel, as a whole, that you may be ok...

Edit: Censored by Tobago
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That's what I was going to say. They pour motor oil in the tire too. I think they wire them up with picture wire or something and light them. There was a site with lots of pics of toasted cameras from somewhere in Europe. Looked like it worked real well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I was going to say. They pour motor oil in the tire too. I think they wire them up with picture wire or something and light them. There was a site with lots of pics of toasted cameras from somewhere in Europe. Looked like it worked real well.

In some places, they do that to people they don't like, too, but I don't think that's the case in Trinidad.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Use an M109 155mm howitzer, I have no doubt it will accomplish the goal.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In some places, they do that to people they don't like, too, but I don't think that's the case in Trinidad.

Chavez knows no boundaries.. In Trinidad, we are close...Geographically. oil is so inexpensive. Fortunately, the US does not have this cheap oil problem, as a result: too expensive to torture with oil... My hears thats salmonella Peanut Buter is cheaper alternative?
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Use an M109 155mm howitzer, I have no doubt it will accomplish the goal.

Logistics in Trinidad are, what you say.. Iffy at best. People of poor Trinidad seeking betterment of man without speed cameras and without GIGANTIC boom that would eliminate possibly police-woman we may or may not be sleeping with,
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LINK

Good Show...

I mean damn criminal bastards better learn to accept municipal extortion with a smile.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Wrist rockets and Air Pistols are good at taking out cameras and streetlights without making too much racket, in Trinidad.

Chinese .177 pellet rifle doesnt work well at even 30 meters.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#36]
molotov cocktails would probably work well......
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#37]
You don't need any round at all.  A laser pointer (red or green) with sufficient power (doesn't need to be that much really) pointed at and striking the camera lens will cause blooming and lens flare enough to seriously degrade the CCD's ability to deliver much of an image.

This kind of attack CAN be dealt with by a technology savvy operator with some video tools to look only at the green channel.  I'd say the chances of that countermeasure is about 1 out of 10,000.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I always wanted to try a high altitude nuclear air burst and
the associated EMP pulse.  You know, just for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You don't need any round at all.  A laser pointer (red or green) with sufficient power (doesn't need to be that much really) pointed at and striking the camera lens will cause blooming and lens flare enough to seriously degrade the CCD's ability to deliver much of an image.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/face.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/scope1tele.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/bldgcu.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/bldgmed.jpg

This kind of attack CAN be dealt with by a technology savvy operator with some video tools to look only at the green channel.  I'd say the chances of that countermeasure is about 1 out of 10,000.

Unfortunately, Trinidad possibly has thought about, strict laws regarding the transmission of any form of light in many wavelengths, especially those that thwart speed enforcement personnel from conducting their daily life-saving duties.
What can you do... Gibraltor is rollin with X-Band...
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chinese .177 pellet rifle doesnt work well at even 30 meters.

You normally want to be closer than that for accuracy's sake.  If it can take it out at 15 meters, that's sufficient.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Can you get Super Colibris in Trinidad?

A little bit of darkness and shooting the camera from directly below is all you need for avoiding detection on camera while practicing noise discipline.

Link Posted: 3/10/2007 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/face.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/scope1tele.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/bldgcu.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/bldgmed.jpg

Here's the one for the job

www.laserglow.com/hercules.html
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Hell, they could probably use some speed cameras, or rather traffic cops, in Trinidad. I'm convinced that 3/4 of the drivers on the island are psycho.

But Trini driving aside, I would have to see such a camera before I could recommend a method of termination. I would generally lean against firearms for the noise and the potential danger. Firearms shouldn't be necessary unless the camera is exceptionally hard to reach. A baseball bat could probably do a nice job, though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#45]
00 Buck would be my choice, while wearing a mask and covered license plate, hypothetically, of course
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#46]
European method:   Hang tire over offending object.  Ignite tire.   Offending object is out of commission.

CJ
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
00 Buck would be my choice, while wearing a mask and covered license plate, hypothetically, of course

Took the words out of my fingertips.
Link Posted: 3/10/2007 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#48]
John continued to thrust but was now prevented from penetrating her deeply.
Whatever happened to "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"? They were both too surprised to maintain the position for long.
Even if Scorsese loses once again, that only means he's in the same boat as Stanley Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock, John Cassavetes, Orson Welles etc. The summary answer is a cop-out: community.

This does answer the question for the betterment of your contrymen, yes? Oh, the salmonella pools gliimer untl the doorstop rings twice, or do spacemen really wear underpants? Who is the knowing?

Link Posted: 3/10/2007 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
John continued to thrust but was now prevented from penetrating her deeply.
Whatever happened to "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"? They were both too surprised to maintain the position for long.
Even if Scorsese loses once again, that only means he's in the same boat as Stanley Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock, John Cassavetes, Orson Welles etc. The summary answer is a cop-out: community.

This does answer the question for the betterment of your contrymen, yes? Oh, the salmonella pools gliimer untl the doorstop rings twice, or do spacemen really wear underpants? Who is the knowing?

Link Posted: 3/10/2007 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#50]
It looks like those Markov Chain messages of meaninigless nonsense that they put in spam emails to defeat the spam filters.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top