Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wait wouldn't it be aquadynamic?
View Quote

Hydrodynamic
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Just ban all swim caps.

A serious competitor will shave their head!  
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Wonder how the bulbous bow affects the bulbous stern?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#6]
When do the riots start?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I did a 6 month UNPROFOR rotation in the Southern part of Balkans, the first US Combat Troops under foreign command.  Blue PASGTs (I kept a camo cover inside the helmet suspension), white HMMWVs.

That is exactly the standing orders we had, we couldn't load a magazine or chamber a round without approval from NORDIC BN HQ.  

We had a Platoon Meeting soon after arrival, we decided we would do what we had to do then worry about the consequences later, if we lived.
View Quote

This is unfortunately because Nordbat once did things the right way but some didn’t appreciate it.

https://thestrategybridge.org/the-bridge/2017/9/20/trigger-happy-autonomous-and-disobedient-nordbat-2-and-mission-command-in-bosnia

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I actually went and looked up the rule.  I know logic doesn't matter when folks start screaming raaaaaaycism, but in case anyone wants to look at this logically, the screen below is of the actual FINA rule book.

4.3 is on caps.  The rule clearly states the cap must follow the natural shape of the head.  This is obviously done to avoid caps that are shaped to give an advantage.  Notice they even say seams, if they exist cannot create any shapes.  So what you're telling me is seams are racist too?

They would need to rework the rule to allow for caps of greater volume, but also not designed to give an advantage.  That would take time and isn't easy.  Regardless, the end design would by definition be such that would result in more drag, thus making the athlete using it slower, and thus never used.

This is all a non issue, but the internet and lefties are reeeeeeee anyways.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't see that giving a measurable advantage. Seems like BS. That said (a) I don't remember their ever being an African contender in swimming sports, I stand by for examples. That said (b) does anyone remember the "sharks suits) a few years back?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#11]
What is funny to me is that somehow the excuse is “natural black hairstyle”. It is as if European and Asian swimmers are from cultures where long hair has never existed and therefore they have never needed to alter their chosen style to conform or uh

https://face2faceafrica.com/article/why-shaved-heads-are-an-iconic-african-hair-tradition
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Things that dogs can do shouldn't be sports anyway

Running
Swimming
Eating
Fucking
Shitting
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm guessing that there is some competitive advantage that is not being discussed.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just ban all swim caps.

View Quote

They’ll shave their body
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Yellow man's revenge.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't see that giving a measurable advantage. Seems like BS. That said (a) I don't remember their ever being an African contender in swimming sports, I stand by for examples. That said (b) does anyone remember the "sharks suits) a few years back?
View Quote

There are two black female swimmers on Team USA. One of them, Simone Manuel, won two gold medals and two silver medals at the last Olympics. There are no black male swimmers on Team USA. However, black male swimmers have won gold before. For example, Cullen Jones won gold in 2008 and 2012.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Hair is hair. A black person's natural hair will fit in a regular cap. Even a huge afro can be pulled back into a pony tail.

If you are a competitive swimmer you probably shouldn't have dreads or a weave.

I like the idea posted earlier. Ban ALL caps. If you want to reduce your drag, shave your head.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Rule is presumably in place to prevent a 'arms race' of hydrodymamic forms of head gear under the guise of 'muh cap'.

The rule doens't seem to ban a bigger cap to cover your huge 'Jackson 5' afro, it sets norms at to the form. We have it here in skating as wel, Jutta Leerdam can stuf her long blond hair under cap but she can't start making aerodymaic atributes out of it.

Other sports like cycleing as wel have strict areodymacis rules with bikes and helmets.

Bulbus bow sure seem like the idea of the Soul cap

https://previews.123rf.com/images/ajithclicks/ajithclicks1605/ajithclicks160500007/64295961-bulbous-bow-of-a-ship.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bull shit, it's shaped to be more aerodynamic

Rule is presumably in place to prevent a 'arms race' of hydrodymamic forms of head gear under the guise of 'muh cap'.

The rule doens't seem to ban a bigger cap to cover your huge 'Jackson 5' afro, it sets norms at to the form. We have it here in skating as wel, Jutta Leerdam can stuf her long blond hair under cap but she can't start making aerodymaic atributes out of it.

Other sports like cycleing as wel have strict areodymacis rules with bikes and helmets.

Bulbus bow sure seem like the idea of the Soul cap

https://previews.123rf.com/images/ajithclicks/ajithclicks1605/ajithclicks160500007/64295961-bulbous-bow-of-a-ship.jpg

Yup.

I think the rules guys are still a bit soured by the super suits that showed up a decade ago. They don't want another equipment arms race.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Always wanting special consideration
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Easilly solved.  No caps, goggles, or swimsuits of any kind.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Does Sharpton and the rest of his cabal know about this?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#24]
If they want to lose due to less useful equipment, them let them choose their fate.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Again, why is the "b" in "black" capitalized?

"natural  black hair" what is that?

Why do blacks need special treatment or special things?

Am I too believe that there are no white women swimmers with long curly hair?

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Again, why is the "b" in "black" capitalized?

"natural  black hair" what is that?

Why do blacks need special treatment or special things?

Am I too believe that there are no white women swimmers with long curly hair?

View Quote

Simple. The attempts to stir a race war
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Lawsuit, protests and Riots to follow. So sick of all this black people deserve this and that because of what none of them alive today went through. Slaves were sold by their Tribal Leaders to Americans. Was slavery right NO but again it's over and as stated nobody alive experienced it so why all the preferred treatment? Yes I know there are some other issues at hand just using that as a example. BLM founder buys multimillion dollar home in rich neighborhood to get her kids into better schools! ( Better schools as taxes are insane not because it was a predominantly white neighborhood ) How about putting that money into your neighborhood to make it better? Where is your money going when you donate to these organizations. Imagine for a second a white only channel WET, a white only college, grants given to white only people ( ALM protests as what happens to black people happens to all races, the news just doesn't stir it up like they do with black people ) Shit would hit the fan. You want race equality make everything equal why should white people be denied the same opportunity's as Black people? That breeds Racism in white people. We need to just forget the past as it cannot be changed and agree all equal opportunity to black or white.  I had dirt poor, broken home friends that are now lawyers and engineers no special treatment just through hard work. Ok getting off topic RANT over LOL.                                          
                    Again you are at the Olympics! Most athlete's would give anything to be there! Just seems petty to me but I am not a professional swimmer so JMO
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lawsuit, protests and Riots to follow. So sick of all this black people deserve this and that because of what none of them alive today went through. Slaves were sold by their Tribal Leaders to Americans. Was slavery right NO but again it's over and as stated nobody alive experienced it so why all the preferred treatment? Yes I know there are some other issues at hand just using that as a example. BLM founder buys multimillion dollar home in rich neighborhood to get her kids into better schools! ( Better schools as taxes are insane not because it was a predominantly white neighborhood ) How about putting that money into your neighborhood to make it better? Where is your money going when you donate to these organizations. Imagine for a second a white only channel WET, a white only college, grants given to white only people ( ALM protests as what happens to black people happens to all races, the news just doesn't stir it up like they do with black people ) Shit would hit the fan. You want race equality make everything equal why should white people be denied the same opportunity's as Black people? That breeds Racism in white people. We need to just forget the past as it cannot be changed and agree all equal opportunity to black or white.  I had dirt poor, broken home friends that are now lawyers and engineers no special treatment just through hard work. Ok getting off topic RANT over LOL.                                          
                    Again you are at the Olympics! Most athlete's would give anything to be there! Just seems petty to me but I am not a professional swimmer so JMO
View Quote

Wow.

Uhhhh... and it's someone else dragging unrelated issues into this?

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Are there any white female swimmers who keep their hair long and need such a cap?

If there are are they allowed to wear such a cap?

No and no

Fuck off with this everything is racists bullshit
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Oooh!!  Do tell….do tell
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They FINA piss off a lot of black swimmers!
View Quote

both of them?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's amazing that swimming has been an Olympic sport for 120 years and 2021 is the year that race based equipment becomes a topic of debate.
View Quote

It seems like the only fair option is to require everyone to compete naked.  Any and all body coverings would offer and unfair advantage. Naturally large or small endowments could be an advantage or disadvantage, such as large feet, hands or other body parts.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Japan is definitely one of the least multicultural and multiethnic nations out there.

They give zero fucks about our social justice idiocy.  Good for them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Pro level indoor men's volleyball is fucking hardcore. The way some of these guys jump, some of them serve as fast as a baseball pitcher,... Most of the Euros are probably wusses but they can play.
View Quote

I call BS, 120 mph volleyball LOL!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't care but find it interesting that these are banned but dudes competing against women is not.
View Quote
liberalism is a mental disorder
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's not how hydrodynamics works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's adding to the surface area...certainly not an advantage.  Doesn't pass the common sense test to me.

That's not how hydrodynamics works.

would you mind telling us how it does and if there is any potential relation to the cap in question?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There are two black female swimmers on Team USA. One of them, Simone Manuel, won two gold medals and two silver medals at the last Olympics. There are no black male swimmers on Team USA. However, black male swimmers have won gold before. For example, Cullen Jones won gold in 2008 and 2012.

View Quote

There are always exceptions to the rule.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Opinion - Some Black people sure seem to whine and complain a lot..........Where are all the happy Black folks ? I know they are bound to exist ...............
View Quote

NAACP = National Assocation of Always Complaining People.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

What will all 4 of them do?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Can anybody use the new cap?   Then who the fuck cares.

Stupid ban.  Like almost all bans.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Easilly solved.  No caps, goggles, or swimsuits of any kind.
View Quote

No, unfair advantage to the Cubans and Haitians
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Japan is definitely one of the least multicultural and multiethnic nations out there.

They give zero fucks about our social justice idiocy.  Good for them.
View Quote

FINA. Japan is hosting the Olympics. FINA governs olympic swimming rules.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If anyone bothered to read the OP or linked article they would have learned that none of the athletes competing in the olympics want to use these caps.

The caps were barred by FINA on the grounds that to their "best knowledge, the athletes competing at the international events never used, neither require to use, caps of such size and configuration."

This is just a publicity stunt by the company making them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If anyone bothered to read the OP or linked article they would have learned that none of the athletes competing in the olympics want to use these caps.

This is just a publicity stunt by the company making them.
View Quote

No, no, no. We have to make this about race.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wait wouldn't it be aquadynamic?
View Quote

Hydrodynamic.

That said, NFG.
Honk honk
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just ban all swim caps.

View Quote

Very much this.  I remember it was a big deal when people learned competitive swimmers shaved their legs to reduce drag.  If you are  competing at the absolute pinnacle of your sport, you do whatever you have to to win.  Suck it up.  If you really want to burn the American flag, do what you have to do.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#49]
This is clearly an attempt to quietly attack all of the black swimmers of the world. Both of them are probably pretty pissed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#50]
As long as all swimmers can use all caps, whatever I guess, but to imply that changing the shape of your head will not confer advantages to hydrodynamic efficiency is fucking dumb.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top