BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 205
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well fellas, pray for me. I tested positive for the Rona. Now there's only a 99.999% chance I'll be with you next week.

Seriously though, a sore throat, some sneezing, and fatigue is all I'm having. Minnesota sucks and always will.
View Quote

Welcome to the Party

Monk
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Ahem.

Pics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife is in the Man Cave with me watching the Cal/UCLA "game."  She says "He's (Cal QB) awful.  I can throw better than he can."

Ahem.

Pics.

Right
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Right
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife is in the Man Cave with me watching the Cal/UCLA "game."  She says "He's (Cal QB) awful.  I can throw better than he can."

Ahem.

Pics.

Right

It's officially only required if one's wife is referenced in an OP.

Link Posted: 11/15/2020 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the decision to fire Harbaugh has already been made.  The Michigan alums and the admin will use the beating handed out by TOSU as the official need to part ways with him.  Pay close attention to the news following that game on 12/12/20.

There is something wrong with Harbaugh's team, the locker room, and the coaching staff.  Somewhere along their path they stopped believing they can win.  I think one of the sports guys on local news summed it up almost perfectly...."Wisconsin just pummeled Michigan with a team of guys that Michigan would never bother to recruit."  This is mostly true, but not entirely, as Graham Mertz was coveted by a few blue chip schools.

On, Wisconsin!  Go Badgers!
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahem.

Pics.

Right

Click To View Spoiler

All the women in my life don't care to watch football, except my grandmother who yells at the TV
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think the decision to fire Harbaugh has already been made.  The Michigan alums and the admin will use the beating handed out by TOSU as the official need to part ways with him.  Pay close attention to the news following that game on 12/12/20.

There is something wrong with Harbaugh's team, the locker room, and the coaching staff.  Somewhere along their path they stopped believing they can win.  I think one of the sports guys on local news summed it up almost perfectly...."Wisconsin just pummeled Michigan with a team of guys that Michigan would never bother to recruit."  This is mostly true, but not entirely, as Graham Mertz was coveted by a few blue chip schools.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#8]
ESPN reporting South Carolina parting ways with Will Muschamp.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Bye bye Angry Will
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, man, good to see you back in the thread!

The announcers were trashing Michigan brutally during the game. That was making me laugh almost as much as the epic beating Wisconsin put on the Wolverines (biggest victory for us in the series). Actually, they were so harsh at times it almost made me feel bad for them. Almost.

Michigan's offense had one series where they were unstoppable, and there were a few points where their defense looked really good. But most of the time they were bad. I agree with the assessment that the coaching is not good enough.

You know who Michigan could get? Jim Leonhard. I hate to lose a brilliant defensive coordinator (again), but this guy is going to take the next step someday. He's young, he's talented, and he's got real football smarts. Somebody is going to come after him with a healthy 7-figure offer eventually, and he's going to say yes because it's an appropriate career progression. The only thing I hope is that in 10 years or so when Paul Chryst retires, we can get him back. I believe he is by far the best DC in the B!G. Sure, OSU is more flashy and maybe has better stats, but that's because they get about 20 times as many top recruits. Wisconsin does it all with mostly 3-star players. That's good coaching, folks.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Every SC fan i know is cheering.   They hated him when he was hired after his poor coaching performance at Florida.
View Quote

I knew he was a dead man walking after the pathetic performance of the defense against Ole Miss. Our offense played well enough to win, but was repeatedly let down by the D. How many times have you seen a team have a 240+ yard RB with 5 TD's, lose by 17?
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just hope SC can get a decent coach.  ....snip....  Who are they going to get?
View Quote

Jim Harbaugh might be available soon.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I just hope SC can get a decent coach.  Spurrier screwed the pooch leaving mid-season, and Muschamp was "the best" they could find.  Bobo as HC for the rest of the season will be interesting, but not sure he is HC material.  Who are they going to get?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew he was a dead man walking after the pathetic performance of the defense against Ole Miss. Our offense played well enough to win, but was repeatedly let down by the D. How many times have you seen a team have a 240+ yard RB with 5 TD's, lose by 17?

I just hope SC can get a decent coach.  Spurrier screwed the pooch leaving mid-season, and Muschamp was "the best" they could find.  Bobo as HC for the rest of the season will be interesting, but not sure he is HC material.  Who are they going to get?
It seems like a no-brainer that they should go after Hugh Freeze.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
ESPN reporting South Carolina parting ways with Will Muschamp.

Monk
View Quote

Might be the Tide’s DC for 2021.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:37:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:SNIP
You know who Michigan could get? Jim Leonhard.
View Quote

Let me just stop you right there.

NO!

NOOOO!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

NO!

NOOOO!!!!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

NO!

NOOOO!!!!!!

Someone misspelled Les Miles.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:40:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

NO!

NOOOO!!!!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

NO!

NOOOO!!!!!!

Mack Brown is going to Michigan
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:45:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Urban Meyer to South Carolina?
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 1:55:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The announcers were trashing Michigan brutally during the game. That was making me laugh almost as much as the epic beating Wisconsin put on the Wolverines (biggest victory for us in the series). Actually, they were so harsh at times it almost made me feel bad for them. Almost.

Michigan's offense had one series where they were unstoppable, and there were a few points where their defense looked really good. But most of the time they were bad. I agree with the assessment that the coaching is not good enough.

You know who Michigan could get? Jim Leonhard. I hate to lose a brilliant defensive coordinator (again), but this guy is going to take the next step someday. He's young, he's talented, and he's got real football smarts. Somebody is going to come after him with a healthy 7-figure offer eventually, and he's going to say yes because it's an appropriate career progression. The only thing I hope is that in 10 years or so when Paul Chryst retires, we can get him back. I believe he is by far the best DC in the B!G. Sure, OSU is more flashy and maybe has better stats, but that's because they get about 20 times as many top recruits. Wisconsin does it all with mostly 3-star players. That's good coaching, folks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, thanks man.  

I think the announcers mentioned that was the worst loss for Michigan at the Big House since it was built....ouch.

Michigan's offense did have one decent drive, with the backup quarterback Cade McNamara.  It was interesting to note that during that possession the camera showed Joe Milton on the sidelines and he looked really hacked off and disinterested in what was happening on the field.  My first thought was, is he mad the back up is showing him up, or did he just get an ear full from the coaching staff?

I have to be honest, every time I hear Herbstreit talk about our defensive coordinators leaving for someplace else I get a little ticked off.  I know it's selfish, but I don't want Leonhard to leave.  It seems Herbstreit says our d-coordinator should leave every 3-4 years over the last 20 years.  The list of d-coordinators we've lost is long and it's a pretty good list of quality coaches.  I think if Jim Leonhard leaves, he won't be leaving to take a college head coaching position.  He'll leave to take an NFL d-coordinator position, eventually becoming an NFL head coach.  If that happens, I hope that somehow he would find his way back to Wisconsin to take the head coaching job when Paul Chryst retires.  However, that would be an awkward career trajectory and I admit, unlikely.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:03:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doubt it.  Recruiting desert.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:03:36 AM EDT
[#26]
From College Football News:

2. Wisconsin 49, Michigan 11
Michigan stunk. There was no energy, the gameplan was a disaster, and QB Joe Milton was awful, but this needs to be as much about how good Wisconsin is as it is about whether or not Jim Harbaugh should be the next head coach of the New York Jets. This was a Badger team hammered by injuries, lack of practice, and virus issues, and it held the ball for over 40 minutes, ran for 341 yards by running a jet sweep over and over and over again, didn’t turn the ball over, and committed one penalty for five yards.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO!

NOOOO!!!!!!

lol
Nice
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

USC, Texas, and even Michigan will get Urban before South Carolina
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that will become a bidding war of epic proportions.

It may come down to which school is going to give him free reign also. I’d guess that the politics at Texas hurt their chance.
USC is 2-0 with a schedule that may leave them undefeated. Can they fire a 6-0 HC? They may end up 6-1 after playing Oregon in the CC game?

And what’s Meyers animosity towards the debacle and his departure from OSU? Is this the chance to take the Michigan job and give them the big middle finger? That would be interesting.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It may come down to which school is going to give him free reign also. I’d guess that the politics at Texas hurt their chance.
USC is 2-0 with a schedule that may leave them undefeated. Can they fire a 6-0 HC? They may end up 6-1 after playing Oregon in the CC game?

And what’s Meyers animosity towards the debacle and his departure from OSU? Is this the chance to take the Michigan job and give them the big middle finger? That would be interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like it'd be hard to take over a school you housed a bunch of times
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not if you have enough animosity towards the conference leader. If he thinks the base of athletes is there and gets the staff he wants, I’d guess he’ll think he can turn it around pretty quick and be competitive. Lot of personal satisfaction in beating down someone who you think screwed you over, didn’t stand behind you and tarnished your legacy.

Drawback being OSU continues to beat Michigan for a few years and Urban doesn’t want to invest in that.

His path to success / the playoffs is definitely easier in the Pac12 or Big12. And he won’t have a problem recruiting at any of those schools.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not if you have enough animosity towards the conference leader. If he thinks the base of athletes is there and gets the staff he wants, I’d guess he’ll think he can turn it around pretty quick and be competitive. Lot of personal satisfaction in beating down someone who you think screwed you over, didn’t stand behind you and tarnished your legacy.

Drawback being OSU continues to beat Michigan for a few years and Urban doesn’t want to invest in that.

His path to success / the playoffs is definitely easier in the Pac12 or Big12. And he won’t have a problem recruiting at any of those schools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did tOSU screw him over?  I thought Urban left like he usually does...
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It may come down to which school is going to give him free reign also. I'd guess that the politics at Texas hurt their chance.

And what's Meyers animosity towards the debacle and his departure from OSU? Is this the chance to take the Michigan job and give them the big middle finger? That would be interesting.
View Quote
Urban is still employed by tOSU as Assistant Athletics Director. There's zero chance of him going to tsun, not enough money in the universe for him to stoop that low.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn’t the administration suspend him for a few games for failing to report his supposed knowledge that 1 of his assistants was a wife beater?
He finished the season and retired?
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Urban is still employed by tOSU as Assistant Athletics Director. There's zero chance of him going to tsun, not enough money in the universe for him to stoop that low.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may come down to which school is going to give him free reign also. I'd guess that the politics at Texas hurt their chance.

And what's Meyers animosity towards the debacle and his departure from OSU? Is this the chance to take the Michigan job and give them the big middle finger? That would be interesting.

Wasn’t aware he was still employed. Or is that a position so they didn’t have to pay him some huge buyout?
I’ve seen him doing some analyst work on TV. Hell maybe he has no desire to return to coaching and everyone is just getting caught up in throwing his name around because it would be a huge hire.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Wasn’t aware he was still employed. Or is that a position so they didn’t have to pay him some huge buyout?
I’ve seen him doing some analyst work on TV. Hell maybe he has no desire to return to coaching and everyone is just getting caught up in throwing his name around because it would be a huge hire.
View Quote

Probably for health insurance purposes.

Heart issues can be expensive
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren’t pre-existing conditions covered by previous employers that caused them? So Florida is off the hook on any liability issues?
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

How has that worked out with Rodriguez, Kelly, Edwards, Ogeron, Wilcox, Teford, Sarkisian, Leach...?

There have been some great coaches in the Pac12 that found it very difficult to even reach .500.

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Saban beat Alabama four out of five while at LSU.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Didn’t the administration suspend him for a few games for failing to report his supposed knowledge that 1 of his assistants was a wife beater?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My memory ain't that good, but seems like he'd go elsewhere from Ohio State country if he was gonna coach again
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Aren’t pre-existing conditions covered by previous employers that caused them? So Florida is off the hook on any liability issues?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How has that worked out with Rodriguez, Kelly, Edwards, Ogeron, Wilcox, Teford, Sarkisian, Leach...?

There have been some great coaches in the Pac12 that found it very difficult to even reach .500.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of those people have won a national title... nor 2 at different schools in different conferences
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those guys couldn’t hold Urbans jock strap.
Urban is Saban level coaching.
Very, very few have that. Aren’t they the only 2 coaches that have won NCs at 2 different schools? That says a lot when you think about it.

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saban didn't graduate from one of those schools did he?
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Those guys couldn’t hold Urbans jock strap.
Urban is Saban level coaching.
Very, very few have that. Aren’t they the only 2 coaches that have won NCs at 2 different schools? That says a lot when you think about it.

View Quote

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the dude can coach.  

More importantly he can recruit and that creates a huge lower shift when it comes to California.  Right now there is a ton of parity due to the big name coaches all trying to recruit the same area.  Him at USC could end up landing east coast athletes as well.

I think he would do well at USC, but I think it would be an easier road in the Big10 or Big12.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

None of those people have won a national title... nor 2 at different schools in different conferences
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly
Beat me to it.
And Urban went undefeated 1 year at Utah but they we’re still in the Mountain West at the time and there were no playoffs. How good were they? I think they beat 3-4 P5 teams that year.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ha!
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Exactly
Beat me to it.
And Urban went undefeated 1 year at Utah but they we’re still in the Mountain West at the time and there were no playoffs. How good were they? I think they beat 3-4 P5 teams that year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly
Beat me to it.

They mighta won it all had they had a chance.  Didn't they beat the shit out of Alabama or somebody in a BCS game that year?
Page / 205
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top