Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 274
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spencer Rattler and an OU TE transferring to SC.

View Quote

Wow.  Who saw that coming?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

I went with some Carolina friends to the Clemson game, and there was a guy sitting behind us that said he thought it would happen. I think he said Beamer recruited Rattler when he was at OU.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Did I mention that I hate the transfer portal?
View Quote

I've been saying that too. Free agency doesn't belong in the college game. It absolutely sucks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:11:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've been saying that. Free agency doesn't belong in the college game. It absolutely sucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been saying that. Free agency doesn't belong in the college game. It absolutely sucks.

Agreed.  Some coaches will have success with it, but imo it’s similar to juco transfers. They’re mercenaries attempting to raise their draft rankings.  Transfers aren’t always team players.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

stogner is legit, rattler is a train wreck. good luck gamecocks
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a solid snag for Beamer.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do I feel that is a good fit?  Is it Rattler's hair?  Good luck to him though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
stogner is legit, rattler is a train wreck. good luck gamecocks
View Quote
He's likely better than anything they have on campus.  They literally suited up one of their coaches as the starting QB this season.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've been saying that too. Free agency doesn't belong in the college game. It absolutely sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has its good and bad. It spreads the talent out somewhat.
I can’t fault kids for wanting to play. Who wants to stand on the sidelines for 4 years? G5 should be the big winners in this since the great majority of players who enter the portal don’t get picked up. There should be dozens of P5 players available.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why do I feel that is a good fit?  Is it Rattler's hair?  Good luck to him though.
View Quote

Now I can put my finger on why I think it's a good fit.  I watched some YouTube video about Rattler back when he got benched.  They talked about his positives and his negatives.  And one of the biggest negatives they pointed out was that he grew up being the best player on the field his entire life.  Going to OU, he wasn't, and he had to compete.  He didn't do well with that.

At SC he will be the best on the field again.  And from a personality standpoint he will like that better and probably perform better there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Jimmy Kimmel has a bowl sponsorship?

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pretty sure he still owes them some wins
View Quote

He got Tex Tech all the way to a #2 ranking, then came into Norman one Saturday night and got kicked in the nuts to the tune of 65-21
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Another subjective rule is exactly what this sport needs….
View Quote

the new interp is when he "initiates" the slide. so as soon as he begins the process of the slide, the ball is dead
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Video of the stripper/monkey decorations at night time
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Riley ran into a giant room full of cash and lots of perks, and if ya watched his intro press conference his facial and body language says he knows he fucked up.  

Rattler might get SC to a bowl game win
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Riley ran into a giant room full of cash and lots of perks, and if ya watched his intro press conference his facial and body language says he knows he fucked up.  

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Womp
Womp
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Womp
Womp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Womp
Womp

Remaining members feel worse about this than those 2 schools.  Plus they need 4 more classes of recruits to compete
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Wouldn’t surprise me if A&M ends up with LSU QB (Johnson) that is transferring and his younger brother (4 star, #1 TE )
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Greg Swaim is an OSU troll and has no credibility. OU and UT will probably start playing in the SEC, for the 2023 season.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Spurrier likely took SC as high as they’re going to go.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had some solid seasons when he was there.  I doubt anyone will take TTU past being a game away from a national title game, 2008 was a hell of a season
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Greg Swaim is an OSU troll and has no credibility. OU and UT will probably start playing in the SEC, for the 2023 season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard.  I suspect it will be an ongoing thing until they fork up or try to test it in court and seems GOR is pretty solid and Big 12 is saying pay me
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

He maybe a troll, and lack credibility.  But I have buddies telling me similar things.  OU was actually blind sided by Riley leaving and they didn't budget to go pay for a new coach in 2021, that money was supposed to go to the early Big12 exit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:57:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He maybe a troll, and lack credibility.  But I have buddies telling me similar things.  OU was actually blind sided by Riley leaving and they didn't budget to go pay for a new coach in 2021, that money was supposed to go to the early Big12 exit.
View Quote

OU and TU won't wait till 2025, to start playing in the SEC. OU's new coaching staff, as a whole, will make about the same amount as Riley's staff, maybe less. Venables' contract is less than Riley was making.

OU took a hit in their recruiting but have rebounded, pretty well. Their class was rated #6, before Riley left, but Venables and Lebby have been working the trail, hard. Today, their class is ranked #13 by Rivals and could slide inside the top ten, by NSD in Feb. USC's class was ranked #77.
OU was a soft program under Riley and has slowly been trending downward. They wouldn't have survived in the SEC. Venables and Jerry Schmidt will bring much-needed accountability and toughness to the program.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ESPN is gonna need to write some checks and they will if they think it makes them money faster getting these two into the SEC. only thing holding them back may be timing this with an agreed CFP playoff expansion
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Jimmy Kimmel has a bowl sponsorship?

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

the new interp is when he "initiates" the slide. so as soon as he begins the process of the slide, the ball is dead
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another subjective rule is exactly what this sport needs….

Good rule.

I love trick plays. I really do. The whole game of football is based on deception. But exploiting a rule specifically designed to keep you safe? Let's just say I wouldn't feel too bad if a 330 pound nose guard lifted Pickett up and set him down with great force, and no flag were thrown in his bowl game. Picture some of those cringeworthy compilation videos you see from the 70's and 80's.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#32]
The FCS playoffs have been interesting. On the one side of the bracket, it's been pure routine. Every seeded team won their opening round game, and in the next round the higher seed beat the lower seed. As is to be expected. This Friday features #2 NDSU hosting #3 James Madison.

On the other side: Unseeded South Dakota State has gone on the road and now knocked off two seeds, two weeks in a row for their spot in the Semifinals. Last year's champion and this year's 1 seed Sam Houston State came out flat in their opening game, barely winning, and then got pummeled by the 8 seed, Montana State. They will play in Bozeman this Saturday. Should be a game for the ages.

Go Bison.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The FCS playoffs have been interesting. On the one side of the bracket, it's been pure routine. Every seeded team won their opening round game, and in the next round the higher seed beat the lower seed. As is to be expected. This Friday features #2 NDSU hosting #3 James Madison.

On the other side: Unseeded South Dakota State has gone on the road and now knocked off two seeds, two weeks in a row for their spot in the Semifinals. Last year's champion and this year's 1 seed Sam Houston State came out flat in their opening game, barely winning, and then got pummeled by the 8 seed, Montana State. They will play in Bozeman this Saturday. Should be a game for the ages.

Go Bison.
View Quote

You’re back!  
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You’re back!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go Bison.

You’re back!  

Good to be back.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is a good pickup for SC.

Rattler is a very good QB even if he comes off as arrogant.  This season at OU he struggled due to a poor oline and everyone having figured out Rileys offense.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I mean, that intro was so cringe that anyone would have had that facial and body language.  Probably should have just resigned at that moment.

Lincoln Riley's embarrassing introduction at USC

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I mean, that intro was so cringe that anyone would have had that facial and body language.  Probably should have just resigned at that moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-oTOKcltik
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd have to be dumb as a brick to quit a job that pays that well.  He's maybe got the most lucrative pay/incentives/perks in the whole country, and if he fails they'll write him a huge check in 3 or 4 years and he can move back to Muleshoe
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not sure why anyone thought they would jump ship immediately.  They simply let the B12 know that in 4 years when their current contract was up they were moving to the SEC.

Personally I don't like leaving little brother.  Should have ditched texas and brought OSU.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not sure why anyone thought they would jump ship immediately.  They simply let the B12 know that in 4 years when their current contract was up they were moving to the SEC.

Personally I don't like leaving little brother.  Should have ditched texas and brought OSU.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have been a better program under Gundy for sure.  

I don't expect OU/ut to play against the expanded Big 12, '23 they are gone.  Losing to cincy, UH, UCF, or byu or all of them would hurt the narrative
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gorrammit I love sweaters, and girls that can fill them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
But do you love tusks?
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
But do you love tusks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But do you love tusks?

I'll admit I was confused at what a tusk is.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But do you love tusks?

Don't look it up you'll be hooker with a penis surprised
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But do you love tusks?

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#45]
247Sports Early Signing Day | Special LIVE Edition
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wouldn’t surprise me if A&M ends up with LSU QB (Johnson) that is transferring and his younger brother (4 star, #1 TE )
View Quote

That's the rumor on Tigerdroppings.  Nothing confirmed yet, but sounds like it could be legit.

LC
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's the rumor on Tigerdroppings.  Nothing confirmed yet, but sounds like it could be legit.

LC
View Quote

Evidentially the younger brother is the key here, there's another TE coming into A&M that's been peer recruiting him.  There's some vision for a tandem TE setup that A&M is selling.   A&M has been very active in using the TE position and has consistently produced good TE's.

ETA:  If Jimbo is still looking to Haynes King to be the starter next year (and maybe red-shirt Weigman), I think he was developing a rotating TE plan to keep a TE in to protect his mobile QB and allow for a release valve as a dump off option to the TE any time Haynes has to scramble.  If he is selling the TE position being that key to the overall success of the program/offense they could pull in an extra TE that was unaccounted for as of yet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Evidentially the younger brother is the key here, there's another TE coming into A&M that's been peer recruiting him.  There's some vision for a tandem TE setup that A&M is selling.   A&M has been very active in using the TE position and has consistently produced good TE's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LC

Yes, everything I'm  hearing is this is mostly about Max's younger brother, Jake.  I don't know why they want this to be a package deal. From what I understand A&M has a couple QB's who will probably outshine Max. Doesn't look like he will have a chance to start there.

LC
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yes, everything I'm  hearing is this is mostly about Max's younger brother, Jake.  I don't know why they want this to be a package deal. From what I understand A&M has a couple QB's who will probably outshine Max. Doesn't look like he will have a chance to start there.

LC
View Quote

Our #2 QB (who started all year) is leaving.  So we have Hanes King (2021 starter that was injured all year), and a walk on.  We have Conner Weigman coming in as a 5*, but Jimbo plays the long game with QB development so I could see him selling Weigman on a red-shirt year to help him develop and limit his on-field risk of injury by guaranteeing him a year to get up to SEC speed.  

If that's the case, then we need a #2 QB, as our walk on won't cut it in the SEC for anything other than kneeling and handing it off, and even that can be problematic when you have 7 300lb+ DL guys bearing down on you when they know you're just running with no pass option.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

LC
View Quote

The little brother TE has signed. I’ve heard that Max wants to be a coach, so maybe that is part of the deal long term.

I don’t mind having Max. As this year showed, it’s ok to have a touch more depth at QB. Weigman  can redshirt and King/Johnson can fight for the starting position…then if Johnson looses, he would be a solid back up that can be a grad assistant coach once he finishes college
Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top