User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 274
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bama vs Cinci prediction:

Q1 - Cinci comes out on fire, slinging the ball and keying in on well timed QB runs, risky game plan but enough practice time under their belt to execute the first 2 drives flawlessly.  Bama doesn't push a crazy game plan, but there will be one magical QB play that reminds us we are watching a Heisman winner lead the returning National Champs.

Cinci 14
Bama 7

Q2 - Bama has adjusted on both sides of the ball.  Superior depth on the defensive side means they aren't winded at all, and a lack of depth for Cinci means some of that "pop" is gone and they look a half a step slower.  Also, we are in the part of the game where adjusting via coaching changes and execution changes make Bama look good on D.  Bama O-Line starts getting a handle on things and we watch a rather boring 2nd quarter.

Cinci 14
Bama 14

Q3 - Bama does bama things and adjustments are on point.  Cinci comes out and gets caught off guard.  Mostly a repeat of Q2 but depth on both teams start showing and we see Bama get some explosive plays.

Cinci 14
Bama 21

Q4 - Cinci starts slinging again in desperation, but the Bama depth is too much to overcome.  Bama opens up wounds everywhere.  Cinci has moments of glory and probably get a score on a shocker play.  But Bama does Bama things rotating skill players out and executing at a level G5 teams rarely see a team execute in Q1 but never get to experience in Q4.  

Cinci 21
Bama 35
View Quote

You are assuming bama doesn’t pull out for Covid reasons
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You are assuming bama doesn’t pull out for Covid reasons
View Quote

Bama doesn't pull out, evar...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

lol ok I have to acknowledge your humor but not what I believe is probably some horn fan miserable in their existence on the forty acres.

Has Texas played their bowl game yet?
View Quote

Actually, I was born and raised in SW Oklahoma. Sooner fan all the way. Horn fan?

Actually, I'm curious why A&M declining to play a contracted game would not be considered a forfeit. Wake didn't decline to play, A&M did. If the situation was reversed, wouldn't you think Wake forfeited? Honest question, not being a wise ass.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Actually, I was born and raised in SW Oklahoma. Sooner fan all the way. Horn fan?

Actually, I'm curious why A&M declining to play a contracted game would not be considered a forfeit. Wake didn't decline to play, A&M did. If the situation was reversed, wouldn't you think Wake forfeited? Honest question, not being a wise ass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol ok I have to acknowledge your humor but not what I believe is probably some horn fan miserable in their existence on the forty acres.

NCAA doesn’t recognize forfeits for bowl games unless game officials declare it once the officials have jurisdiction over the game.   Officials have jurisdiction over the game beginning 90 minutes before the scheduled kickoff.   If the game is canceled before that point, it is considered a no contest.

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

NCAA doesn’t recognize forfeits for bowl games unless game officials declare it once the officials have jurisdiction over the game.   Officials have jurisdiction over the game beginning 90 minutes before the scheduled kickoff.   If the game is canceled before that point, it is considered a no contest.

View Quote

bama vs Cincy has been declared no contest by most of America
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think any of the games should be forfeited, especially the playoff games. Those need to be rescheduled and played. Covid has affected enough stuff in our lives, our country and the world. We need some normalcy brought back and if rescheduling a few games helps with that then it needs to happen. The decision that a national champion might be crowned due to forfeits was made way too quickly for my liking. Reminiscent of this cancel culture that has become so prevalent in todays society and this “brave” new world we are living in.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#8]
First, bowls are an invitational.  You can decline an invitation to a bowl and many teams have in the past.  Did anyone ever get a forefit previously?  No...then why are we even having this conversation?

Second, the bowls and the league (SEC) are equally to blame here.  The league could change playing parameters.  Do we force players to sit out if they had the Flu in the prior 10d?  No?  And the Bowl can change the date/time too....they don't want to?  Oh.

So since the league and the bowl are inflexible we are expecting teams to adhere to this and take a loss on their record, and kill recruiting, because the team literally doesn't have a single Offensive Lineman eligible to play because they all tested positive for COVID within 10d of the bowl game?

What kind of logic are we really using here in this conversation?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
First, bowls are an invitational.  You can decline an invitation to a bowl and many teams have in the past.  Did anyone ever get a forefit previously?  No...then why are we even having this conversation?

Second, the bowls and the league (SEC) are equally to blame here.  The league could change playing parameters.  Do we force players to sit out if they had the Flu in the prior 10d?  No?  And the Bowl can change the date/time too....they don't want to?  Oh.

So since the league and the bowl are inflexible we are expecting teams to adhere to this and take a loss on their record, and kill recruiting, because the team literally doesn't have a single Offensive Lineman eligible to play because they all tested positive for COVID within 10d of the bowl game?

View Quote

CFB where we just now got to a semi final tourney to decide national title.

I thought bowl game results didn't matter....
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#10]

That’s worse than when UCF declared themselves national champions.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Maryland ran the score up on VT
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you for the explanation. That makes sense.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don’t think any of the games should be forfeited, especially the playoff games. Those need to be rescheduled and played. Covid has affected enough stuff in our lives, our country and the world. We need some normalcy brought back and if rescheduling a few games helps with that then it needs to happen. The decision that a national champion might be crowned due to forfeits was made way too quickly for my liking. Reminiscent of this cancel culture that has become so prevalent in todays society and this “brave” new world we are living in.
View Quote

I was just thinking the same thing, earlier.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To everyone but NCSU, yes.  

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

But not nearly as bad as atm putting multiple fake conference championships up on the stadium.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But not nearly as bad as atm putting multiple fake conference championships up on the stadium.
View Quote

Cite?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can honestly say I’m not aware of that. Can you provide me a link that substantiates that please. Maybe I can learn something today that finally proves the Aggies are liars and cheats. And not something from Shaggy Bevo or 1 of those other Horn message boards. TIA.

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Declining a bowl invitation is one thing but declining to play the game after accepting the invite is another thing, entirely. Players and now teams opting out of games hasn't been a common thing, until recently, but it looks to be starting a disturbing trend.
Just having a discussion, though. I can certainly see both sides of the coin as it won't surprise me if Oregon pulls out of their game with OU, at the last minute. The china flu has hit them pretty hard, too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Declining a bowl invitation is one thing but declining to play the game after accepting the invite is another thing, entirely. Players and now teams opting out of games hasn't been a common thing, until recently, but it looks to be starting a disturbing trend.
Just having a discussion, though. I can certainly see both sides of the coin as it won't surprise me if Oregon pulls out of their game with OU, at the last minute. The china flu has hit them pretty hard, too.
View Quote

And we haven't had COVID rules till recently that can literally take an entire roster out.

What are you supposed to do, put a QB out there without a line and pop the popcorn to watch him get murdered?  I mean seriously, *THE ENTIRE O-LINE* was ruled ineligible due to COVID contact.

Don't like it?  Then bitch about the COVID protocols.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#23]

JK:  I know you can't provide pics or proof of this so there's no option here...
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Maryland ran the score up on VT
View Quote
Figured as much. Next couple of years will be rough. Talk about a depleted team. Pry can basicly start with a clean slate.

Fuente QB whisperer my ass. Hooker left and become the SEC offensive player of the year at TN. Tells you all anyone needs to know about Fuente and his Offensive Coordinator.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And we haven't had COVID rules till recently that can literally take an entire roster out.

What are you supposed to do, put a QB out there without a line and pop the popcorn to watch him get murdered?  I mean seriously, *THE ENTIRE O-LINE* was ruled ineligible due to COVID contact.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ruled ineligible?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

southlake

weed

hmm, that dude is giving tech a bad name friend, i'd recommend distancing from him not embracing him

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

southlake

weed

hmm, that dude is giving tech a bad name friend, i'd recommend distancing from him not embracing him

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

southlake

weed

Its a parody account based on rumors around Ewers recruitment
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Interesting -
Oregon DB grabs face mask and pulls off helmet of OU WR after a catch, with a WR having a clear shot to end zone
WR goes to end zone, but by rule, the play is called back to spot of foul and 15 yard Face mask penalty added on.
DB gets penalized for face mask.
Puts the ball on the 20.
OU QB picks up 1st and goal 2 plays later, but OU OL gets holding penalty. Moving ball back to 20
OU fails to convert and has to settle for FG.
Therefore, the Oregon face mask penalty saved them a sure TD.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#31]
What's the story with Stoops as interim coach?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

He agreed to coach the game immediately after LR left.

It was a move by OU to "stop the bleeding" as they looked for their next head coach.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's only coaching the bowl game.

Venables takes over when it's over.

BTW, Stoops is getting paid $325K to coach the game. Same thing Lincoln Riley would have been paid. Nice gig if you can swing it.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

BTW, Stoops is getting paid $325K to coach the game. Same thing Lincoln Riley would have been paid. Nice gig if you can swing it.....
View Quote

I don’t think he gives a shit about the money, dude wants to win.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just to be clear, he turned the money down and they voted to pay him anyway.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don’t think he gives a shit about the money, dude wants to win.
View Quote

He's crushing it so far.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:37:02 AM EDT
[#38]
So why didn't Riley finish out the season at OK?  Did he quit or they tell him to fuck off?

Serious question, haven't been following this whole situation.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So why didn't Riley finish out the season at OK?  Did he quit or they tell him to fuck off?

View Quote
He was offered the USC job and he took it on short notice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:15:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He was offered the USC job and he took it on short notice.
View Quote

So he took the job, flipped the bird to the Sooners and walked away before the bowl game?  What a dick.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:21:48 AM EDT
[#41]
OU & Oregon is JV football. Nobody plays defense?

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:24:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OU & Oregon is JV football. Nobody plays defense?

View Quote

They are honoring Madden and playing as though it is a video game.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:30:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’m ok with this one. UCLA pulled a fake “covid cases” bullshit 14 hrs after their whole team was out having fun and still had a full roster to play. They basically forfeited the game.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:55:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know he turned down the cash. Stoops has a ton of class. He just wants what's best for OU. As much as it pains me to say it, he's a good dude.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Recruiting
It happened right before the early signing period.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Article about bowl game viewerships, optouts etc.
Most interesting comment:

“ESPN makes more money in the two weeks of bowl season than they do any other time of year."

Never would have suspected that. Can you imagine how much they would make in an expanded playoff. And they have to know this.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/peach-bowl-opt-outs-bowl-experience/14abvrlz3y7341n92043ivzjaq
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

JK:  I know you can't provide pics or proof of this so there's no option here...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-am-clarifies-its-cheap-championship-claims-in-fine-print/amp/
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Kennedy Brooks beat Oregon like it was his girlfriend.
Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top