Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 242
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Their first 50 games as Texas A&M head football coach.

Kevin Sumlin 36-14   Jimbo Fisher 35-15
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their first 50 games as Texas A&M head football coach.

Kevin Sumlin 36-14   Jimbo Fisher 35-15
View Quote

Jimbo had to restock after Sumlin ruined the program. Sumlin had Sherman's players including Johnny and Mike Evans, plus Kingsbury as OC in year 1.

there's plenty to give Jimbo shit about, like sticking with kellen fuckin mond too long, but this aint it

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like the AP Poll gets it wrong a lot until later in the season. I think the playoff people mostly get it right, but they don't start those rankings until later in the year.

Several top ranked teams went down or had so so games.

I'm just using MS State as an example, because we've been severely underrated this season. In all the human polls we aren't ranked at all.

In these power ranking and Vegas polls we are at #9 and #8.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/2022-college-football-betting-power-ratings

I'm interested to see where we end up in the human polling coming out later today.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Seems like the AP Poll gets it wrong a lot until later in the season. I think the playoff people mostly get it right, but they don't start those rankings until later in the year.

I'm just using MS State as an example, because we've been severely underrated this season. In all the human polls we aren't ranked at all.

I'm interested to see where we end up in the human polling coming out later today.
View Quote

You are not ranked in the coaches poll.
LSU is favored by 3.5 over you on Saturday.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Texas Tech wasn’t the only fan base that stormed the field after winning a game as a favorite.  BYU was favored by 3 points over Baylor and they stormed the field after winning by 6.

At least BYU covered the spread though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Go, Hogs!
(They'd better fix that secondary.)
View Quote

Our two starting safeties are out. One is All American and prob out for the year.
We are fucked against a good passing team.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not surprising considering the teams they’ve played so far.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Son-in-law texted me Frost at Nebraska just got fired

ETA -

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Fox Radio reporting Nebraska fires Frost

Boom
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#10]
ESPN app flashed Frost is fired as well
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's gonna send the AD Christmas cards for the rest of his life.  His buyout went from $15 million to $7.5 million in less than 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fox Radio reporting Nebraska fires Freeze

View Quote

I don’t think they have the authority to fire another team’s coach.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don’t think they have the authority to fire another team’s coach.
View Quote

They didn't like him either because Freeze is colder than Frost
Either way, it is a win for UNL

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ETA -

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/ADAD65BB-DB62-4E5D-BE91-FFEBBEF8CA56_jpe-2522416.JPG
View Quote

Tim Brando will be heartbroken…another one of his endorsements has blown up in his face
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Florida got lucky they didn’t hire Frost.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Our two starting safeties are out. One is All American and prob out for the year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go, Hogs!
(They'd better fix that secondary.)

One WAS an All-American.
Catalon is definitely out for the season. I feel terrible for the kid. He was projected as a 1st rd pick last year before his injury. He came back and now he's done again.  
Haven't heard any updates on Slusher.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nebraska stepped in dog shot when they ran away from the Big XII into the arms of slow&boring&cold B1G football.

They lost a great recruiting base in Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida. There are plenty of 5star kids to go around in those 3 states. The Guys knew that going to Nebraska they would  be “big time” players getting to play many of their games in Texas,Oklahoma, and Kansas. Parents and friends could watch  them play, and they didn’t have to play in cold weather much.  Those southern recruits gave them an edge…

Once they went north, the southern quality recruits went elsewhere. The great “Big Red Decline” began. Hope that big payday was worth being mediocre in a game that Bob Devaney injected into the DNA of Nebraska.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He's gonna send the AD Christmas cards for the rest of his life.  His buyout went from $15 million to $7.5 million in less than 3 weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Frost is laughing all the way to the bank. Getting paid an extra $7.5 million for the privilege of leaving that shit show early.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I suspect he would have done much better at Florida.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please elaborate. Talent isn’t a problem at Nebraska. They can recruit as well as anyone in the Big 10 west. He was out coached in every damn game.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Please elaborate. Talent isn’t a problem at Nebraska. They can recruit as well as anyone in the Big 10 west. He was out coached in every damn game.
View Quote

He should have been gone last year.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Frost is laughing all the way to the bank. Getting paid an extra $7.5 million for the privilege of leaving that shit show early.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's crazy is that for some of these coaching contracts not only is there no motivation to work hard (like when you give a coach a 10 year/$95M FULLY GUARANTEED deal), but in some cases there is even motivation to TRY and get fired.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Jimbo had to restock after Sumlin ruined the program. Sumlin had Sherman's players including Johnny and Mike Evans, plus Kingsbury as OC in year 1.

there's plenty to give Jimbo shit about, like sticking with kellen fuckin mond too long, but this aint it

View Quote

Yep, its a pretty idiotic take.

That said, Jimbo needs to go ahead and hire an OC.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What's crazy is that for some of these coaching contracts not only is there no motivation to work hard (like when you give a coach a 10 year/$95M FULLY GUARANTEED deal), but in some cases there is even motivation to TRY and get fired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is beyond ridiculous.
Needs to be performance based. But that will never happen.
Too many wealthy boosters emotionally invested in winning at all costs. Living vicariously thru another man’s ability and the blood and sweat of young men.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has Dickey that was pretty successful at Memphis as OC. #18, #24 and #4 in total offense his last 3 years there. Guy sits in the press box every game and does what?
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Is that a record?
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

dat quality loss
View All Quotes

Seriously, has a team ever lost and moved from unranked into the top 25?

And lol at the coaches leaving Bama at #1
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

AP Poll?  Ties the record.
View All Quotes

Hell yeah! Aggies having record setting season!……….oh wait
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

AP Poll?  Ties the record.
View All Quotes

Michigan went from #5 to unranked after their loss to App St
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Don’t steal our thunder dude
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, how is that one not in there?

Oh I see.  I have it on good authority that preseason polls are stupid and do not count.

Biggest Drops Within the AP Poll
NOTE: No preseason polls were included since they often have large drops from season to season. The default view is 1968-present which represents the modern era of the AP poll.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

This…

Why A&M was ranked #6 to start the year was dumb with the amount of people we lost, an unproven QB, and plans to play an ass load of freshman.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm really torn on who I would put at #2 right now, Ohio State or Alabama....any guesses on what the line would be between the two right now on a neutral field?
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#37]
What Mark Stoops has been doing at Kentucky is pretty damn impressive.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

lol
View Quote

I think it goes back to Solich. Coming off Osborne Nebraska expected no loss in program momentum. Solich had the best first years record of any coach at Nebraska but they chewed him up and spit him out. Ever since it’s just been a shit show plagued with horrible consistency top to bottom.

No coach in their right mind will want to work at Nebraska anymore.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost 16 million
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm really torn on who I would put at #2 right now, Ohio State or Alabama....any guesses on what the line would be between the two right now on a neutral field?
View Quote

Bama by 3.5-4
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I think 15 million before October 1st, 14 million after

Not one penny of which he’s earned. He has setback Nebraska and the sport of football as a whole by decades.

Every moment he continues to be associated with football in any capacity is an insult to every person who has ever played at any level. His presence is an empty suit, his expression is that of confusion, his concept of the fundamentals of the sport imbecilic. He is a pustule, an ingrown and infected hair on the ass of better men who have come before him.
View Quote

I hate Southern,  but I’m glad they won just so you would write that.  I can’t recall any finer prose, ever, on this site.  May God bless you and the remains of the Nebraska football program, and college football in general.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The entire 2021 season of 12 games, Georgia Southern threw for a total of 1765 yards...they've already thrown for almost 800 yards through two games this year.
View Quote

I really hate that team.  For me, they rank right up there with the Saints.  I hope they suck ass for the rest of the year.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bama -3 or 4
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Bama by 3.5-4
View Quote

Seems reasonable...but I'd be hard pressed not to take Ohio State and the points.

I'm just not convinced Alabama is nearly as good as everyone hyped this off season.  I posted this before, but if you look at their games leading through last November, they have had one really dominant performance....and that was against Georgia in the SEC Championship.  All other games, with the exception of Cincy, were struggle wins against vastly inferior teams (talent wise).  LSU 6-7, Arkansas 9-4, Auburn 6-7, unranked Texas.  Which is most likely the anomaly, the Texas game this year or the SEC Championship last year?  

I know it's a little difficult to compare a team from one year to the next, but the Alabama roster last year looks much better than the current team.  Defensively they are still solid, but look at the struggles from Anderson all game yesterday.  I know the pundits are all blowing up the hype on Bryce Young, but it took a near last second FG to beat a team you were favored over by 21pts....against their backup QB.  *Maybe* Sark has finally breathed some life into the Texas squad, but I am not so sure.

I know its still early, but this just doesn't look like the dominant Alabama team from years past.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/C9167380-1BD0-4496-86B4-CB9BFD03B5B5_jpe-2522081.JPG

ESPN prepping Texas for SEC play.
QUALITY loss. Shame on ESPN for stealing some of the Sunbelts thunder and making this about a Texas loss instead of focusing on all those great upsets.

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Texas Tech wasn’t the only fan base that stormed the field after winning a game as a favorite.  BYU was favored by 3 points over Baylor and they stormed the field after winning by 6.

At least BYU covered the spread though.
View Quote

Baylor was top 10. A little different in my eyes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Lol, no. Texas went from top 10 to out of poll in 2016 (maybe 2011 as well). I thought, maybe not.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, how is that one not in there?

Oh I see.  I have it on good authority that preseason polls are stupid and do not count.

View Quote

You are correct
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Seems reasonable...but I'd be hard pressed not to take Ohio State and the points.

I'm just not convinced Alabama is nearly as good as everyone hyped this off season.  I posted this before, but if you look at their games leading through last November, they have had one really dominant performance....and that was against Georgia in the SEC Championship.  All other games, with the exception of Cincy, were struggle wins against vastly inferior teams (talent wise).  LSU 6-7, Arkansas 9-4, Auburn 6-7, unranked Texas.  Which is most likely the anomaly, the Texas game this year or the SEC Championship last year?  

I know it's a little difficult to compare a team from one year to the next, but the Alabama roster last year looks much better than the current team.  Defensively they are still solid, but look at the struggles from Anderson all game yesterday.  I know the pundits are all blowing up the hype on Bryce Young, but it took a near last second FG to beat a team you were favored over by 21pts....against their backup QB.  *Maybe* Sark has finally breathed some life into the Texas squad, but I am not so sure.

I know its still early, but this just doesn't look like the dominant Alabama team from years past.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bama by 3.5-4

Offensive line is working the kinks out…..finally got rid of a so-so OL coach and got one who is good. If BOB finally decides to stop being predictable the offense will go…….. as for Bryce, he’s doing all he can. The WRs are going to have to learn to create some distance with the DBs…….work in progress, but they lost a lot of pieces and are getting in sync. They will get there…….discipline was lacking but that will get fixed in a hurry…… Saban doesn’t tolerate that crap

I think quite a few underestimated Sark……. I said don’t sleep on him. He’s a hell of an offensive mind, and will get Tejas going. Trying to rebuild what the previous coach left takes time but give him a little while and he will be hell on wheels…….. I’d take him to replace Saban when he retires
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

ETA -

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/ADAD65BB-DB62-4E5D-BE91-FFEBBEF8CA56_jpe-2522416.JPG
View Quote
Don't like firing a coach this early in the season.
Page / 242
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top