Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 332
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I need a couple of B12 team to root for.  How does Utah and TT sound?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

????

Texas Tech is an underdog worth rooting for.  Not sure how underdog we are in the new Big 12.

Lots of noise about utahs attitude towards Big 12 and byu stuff but I visit Utah for work regularly so taking in a game out there sounds like a lot of fun.  Maybe I can hit rhe natural history museum at UU again dinosaurs are cool
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Texas Tech is an underdog worth rooting for.  Not sure how underdog we are in the new Big 12.

Lots of noise about utahs attitude towards Big 12 and byu stuff but I visit Utah for work regularly so taking in a game out there sounds like a lot of fun.  Maybe I can hit rhe natural history museum at UU again dinosaurs are cool
View Quote

Be sure to check out the PAC12 display there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oof.gif
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

????

TCU. maybe less so since they did so well last year, but i've pulled for them ever since seeing them get screwed over in favor of baylor when the SWC died and Big12 was formed. they got kicked to lesser conference status, played well, got back into P5. underdog story.

F baylor

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

TCU. maybe less so since they did so well last year, but i've pulled for them ever since seeing them get screwed over in favor of baylor when the SWC died and Big12 was formed. they got kicked to lesser conference status, played well, got back into P5. underdog story.

F baylor

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

????

F baylor

Tcu ain't no prize either.  It ain't really a school for locals. Baylor can fuck right off too.  

I think there might be once tcu fan/alumni I've ever seen in here. And I've only met a couple.  Ft worth = Texas Tech alumni
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tech's mascot has guns so everyone here not already tied to a B12 school should root for them. The hand sign is also a gun.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree.

Also sad is making changes to a historic conference in such a manner that old rivalries become unrecognizable.  We go from playing LSU (56), Ole Miss (46) & Miss St (95) yearly to playing them occasionally.  At least we will now get to play some of our other rivals occasionally ... Tennessee (54) & Florida (84).
View Quote

I’m with you.

As much as it would hurt my team’s performance, I am thinking I’d prefer to allow minor league/NFL draft out of high school and have college teams trend truly back to college-attending athletes. I hate how everything has become flashy and money focused vs traditional rivalries between schools. And I hate this for all the non-football sports this is affecting.

I’m not a fan of NFL football for these reasons, and I’m worried that the game is becoming less about college and more about being a minor league.

I’m too young to be talking like a boomer.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’m with you.

As much as it would hurt my team’s performance, I am thinking I’d prefer to allow minor league/NFL draft out of high school and have college teams trend truly back to college-attending athletes. I hate how everything has become flashy and money focused vs traditional rivalries between schools.

I’m not a fan of NFL football for these reasons, and I’m worried that the game is becoming less about college and more about being a minor league.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Also sad is making changes to a historic conference in such a manner that old rivalries become unrecognizable.  We go from playing LSU (56), Ole Miss (46) & Miss St (95) yearly to playing them occasionally.  At least we will now get to play some of our other rivals occasionally ... Tennessee (54) & Florida (84).

I’m with you.

As much as it would hurt my team’s performance, I am thinking I’d prefer to allow minor league/NFL draft out of high school and have college teams trend truly back to college-attending athletes. I hate how everything has become flashy and money focused vs traditional rivalries between schools.

+1.  Many of the top college players nowadays would get laughed at if they applied to colleges without athletic talent.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

F baylor

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

????

F baylor

Hard feelings over their shenanigans when A&M was headed to the SEC?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Duke......
View Quote

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY pulls for Doooke (Fuck Dooke)
They and Minnesota are on the official ban list.

Monk
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I’m with you.

As much as it would hurt my team’s performance, I am thinking I’d prefer to allow minor league/NFL draft out of high school and have college teams trend truly back to college-attending athletes. I hate how everything has become flashy and money focused vs traditional rivalries between schools. And I hate this for all the non-football sports this is affecting.

View Quote

You are spot on.

I’d rather see kids who wanted to attend the school and suck at football on the field than a bunch of mercenaries who dont give a shit where they are or anything beyond checking the box to go to the NFL.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I’m with you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

I’m with you.

Boomers are the wisest folks on this board and forum so that’s a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tech's mascot has guns so everyone here not already tied to a B12 school should root for them. The hand sign is also a gun.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86713/A293341D-4C18-416F-9327-ED07CD7244E3_jpe-2908982.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86713/9D14A4A8-A6ED-408D-8262-9B382A62B4EE_jpe-2908985.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86713/A293341D-4C18-416F-9327-ED07CD7244E3_jpe-2908982.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86713/9D14A4A8-A6ED-408D-8262-9B382A62B4EE_jpe-2908985.JPG

Guns Up > Pistols firing

They shoot blanks at games too
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

+1.  Many of the top college players nowadays would get laughed at if they applied to colleges without athletic talent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

I’m with you.

thats been true since at least the 80s.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

My niece starts her freshman year at Texas Tech this fall.
I feel honor bound to cheer for them l.
#GunsUp
My nephew will be a junior at TAMU. I guess I should pull for them in the West as well.

Monk

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

What has WV done to deserve "Big Brother" status??
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sucked
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not sucked
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sucked

Well Arizona has sucked enough for every other team in that "division"

Lol
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not sucked
View Quote

You mean like not completely sucked?? Because they have certainly kinda-sorta sucked a lot lately.

Id swap them with K-state.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You mean like not completely sucked?? Because they have certainly kinda-sorta sucked a lot lately.

Id swap them with K-state.
View Quote

K State blew their load last year and need to wait another 5 before having good team.

They are bargain Iowa
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/62443/F2txmlfWAAAVF4D_jpeg-2909360.JPG
View Quote

100mil more then the next school?

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cal and SDSU are in trouble
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Relegation would have worked in the old BCS conferences
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#30]

"G5 needs to plan to not be invited to the new CFP format in a few years when it gets redone. Now's a good time to start working on your own championship structure. We suggest starting here: https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2020-01-11/fcs-championship-everything-you-need-know#:~:text=The%20tournament%20progresses%20in%20a%20single-elimination%20bracket.%20Of,that%20culminate%20with%20a%20championship%20in%20Frisco%2C%20TX"

Signed,

SEC, Big10, Big12*

*some ACC member institutions will be going with you

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good. Fuck Cal. God damn commies.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feds will bail them out
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Attachment Attached File

Don’t know how to link twitter, so a screenshot.   Don’t know if this is remotely true.   If it has legs to it, possible split of the ACC between SEC and the BIG, while the Big12 gets the leftovers.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/412301/IMG_3043_png-2909548.JPG

Don’t know how to link twitter, so a screenshot.   Don’t know if this is remotely true.   If it has legs to it, possible split of the ACC between SEC and the BIG, while the Big12 gets the leftovers.

View Quote

Power 3 might include most of power 5
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know how to link twitter, so a screenshot.   Don't know if this is remotely true.   If it has legs to it, possible split of the ACC between SEC and the BIG, while the Big12 gets the leftovers.

At this point, just put them all together and set up division of North, South, and Other.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
At this point, just put them all together and set up division of North, South, and Other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know how to link twitter, so a screenshot.   Don't know if this is remotely true.   If it has legs to it, possible split of the ACC between SEC and the BIG, while the Big12 gets the leftovers.

Yankees vs everyone else
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They burn a mean couch and know how to party
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I haven’t really heard anyone anywhere actually celebrating what’s happened. I just hope someone (NCAA?) steps up and formulates a plan for the other sports to stay more regionalized.

Football can afford this for the most part. But the other sports cannot. The real tragedy would be seeing schools losing other sports over this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the Pac 12 was full of weak teams? How will they do well in a Power 3 conference?

The last year of Pac-12 football could be one of the most exciting competitive seasons in any conference ever. The top half of the conference is just loaded for bear.  

I’m absolutely broken hearted over the demise of the conference.  It’s as big of a blot on the sport as has ever happened. The next era of CFB is just not going to be the same.  The death of the only major league west of the Rockies should not be celebrated.

I haven’t really heard anyone anywhere actually celebrating what’s happened. I just hope someone (NCAA?) steps up and formulates a plan for the other sports to stay more regionalized.

Football can afford this for the most part. But the other sports cannot. The real tragedy would be seeing schools losing other sports over this.

The $$ football generates is WHY this is happening. It funds EVERYTHING else.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the Pac 12 was full of weak teams? How will they do well in a Power 3 conference?

The last year of Pac-12 football could be one of the most exciting competitive seasons in any conference ever. The top half of the conference is just loaded for bear.  

I’m absolutely broken hearted over the demise of the conference.  It’s as big of a blot on the sport as has ever happened. The next era of CFB is just not going to be the same.  The death of the only major league west of the Rockies should not be celebrated.

Pretty much.....if the other sports had to exist on their own fundraising efforts they would fail miserably
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I feel bad for the non football athletes at UW, UO, USC, and UCLA.
Their plans are wrecked.

Attachment Attached File

Monk
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Their plans are wrecked.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58532/20230805_220627_jpg-2909812.JPG

Monk
View Quote

Meh. I loved going to other campuses all over the place. A 4hr bus ride to somewhere "close" is now a 3 hr flight to somewhere far away.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

I’m with you.

No doubt.  Gotten progressively worse as time’s gone on.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Meh. I loved going to other campuses all over the place. A 4hr bus ride to somewhere "close" is now a 3 hr flight to somewhere far away.
View Quote

But did you have to travel 5+ hours to visit Rutgers, NJ in January.

Monk
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone else think this round of realignment will end in congressional hearings? Cal and Stanford have a lot of powerful alumni that are getting calls about being left out in the cold.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 5:17:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that but I’m not sure that’s always the case. That’s why I’ve always been hesitant about the major programs cutting the cupcake games out. Those games fund almost the complete athletic budget for some small schools.

And I’m not sure it’s always the case 100% of the time. I think LSU football announced a few years ago they were keeping their football money separated. I’m sure that’s rare though. Maybe I’m wrong here also?

The biggest question is how many of these schools make enough money thru football to cover the increased expenses?

Take UCF for example. While their revenue increased going to the Big12, their expenses increased dramatically also. Will the increase in revenue cover the increase for ALL of the sports? Or will the football team use up most of that for increased travel expenses, facility upgrades and the volleyball team eventually get cut because it’s expenses increased dramatically also (without a revenue increase) and are now creating a deficit?

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 5:21:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their plans are wrecked.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58532/20230805_220627_jpg-2909812.JPG

Monk

Concern is; can those other sports afford it? Will football be able and willing to pay for those increases?
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Anyone else think this round of realignment will end in congressional hearings? Cal and Stanford have a lot of powerful alumni that are getting calls about being left out in the cold.
View Quote

That’s all we need is the federal government thinking they can fix things. They screw up everything they touch.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I know that but I’m not sure that’s always the case. That’s why I’ve always been hesitant about the major programs cutting the cupcake games out. Those games fund almost the complete athletic budget for some small schools.

And I’m not sure it’s always the case 100% of the time. I think LSU football announced a few years ago they were keeping their football money separated. I’m sure that’s rare though. Maybe I’m wrong here also?

The biggest question is how many of these schools make enough money thru football to cover the increased expenses?

Take UCF for example. While their revenue increased going to the Big12, their expenses increased dramatically also. Will the increase in revenue cover the increase for ALL of the sports? Or will the football team use up most of that for increased travel expenses, facility upgrades and the volleyball team eventually get cut because it’s expenses increased dramatically also (without a revenue increase) and are now creating a deficit?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess what? There weren’t very many collegiate athletic departments nation wide operating with a surplus.

UCF debt services around $7MM/year already with a yearly income of around $9MM/year from their current conference. (Per an article on LinkedIn)
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/chasing-athletics-success-backs-ucf-students-costs-scott-hirko-ph-d-

The new BigXii contract was supposed to be $380 MM/season (it may have increased, I’m not sure). Split evenly 16 ways (which according to this thread the former G5 teams apparently won’t get, clearly Texas’ fault), that’s $24MM/team.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34910144/big-12-nears-six-year-228b-tv-extension-deal-espn-fox
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

It kept Baylor from being left out of Big 12 back in 96, not sure what Feds could do without giving them a ton of even more unnecessary power
Page / 332
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top