BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah she's on a high and mighty horse and wants nothing to do with the franchise. "Compromises her artistic integrity" and all that faggot shit.

That doesn't surprise me at all.  I remember an interview she gave years ago and talked about being in Mensa - she came off as an "I'm better than you" pretentious bitch.

Between that and Star Wars, I've hated her ever since.

Common attitude among statists so it wouldn't surprise me about her.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah she's on a high and mighty horse and wants nothing to do with the franchise. "Compromises her artistic integrity" and all that faggot shit.

That doesn't surprise me at all.  I remember an interview she gave years ago and talked about being in Mensa - she came off as an "I'm better than you" pretentious bitch.

Between that and Star Wars, I've hated her ever since.

Yup. Hasn't changed a bit. Same old shit. She doesn't want to be "typecast" in another huge franchise like Star Wars and when she did Thor she didn't expect it to blow up the way it did. She went to college so she's all high and mighty... Frankly I'm astonished to even see her back. They mast have had a huge clause in her contract if she refused to return.

Although, in her defense, I'm sure she received fucking death threats after Star Wars
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All the marvel stuff has been pretty amazing.

Huge Ironman fan here, but the Thor movie was worth seeing more then once.  (Avengers... like 6 times.)

The only one I don't know what they will do much with is Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

It's not like he can really go back in time...

Winter Soldier is the best story to go with for Cap, IMO.

Rumors are it will involve alot of Shield in the movie which makes sense, and some are saying "politcal thriller" which could be pretty cool.

Im more concerned with Robert Downey Jr not being under contract for much longer. Hopefully they will kill him off in his last Avenger movie and replace him with Antman.

Thor movie looks great, I love that they willing to go balls to the wall with the Avenger movies. The Thor movies really allow them the ability to expand the universe and open up so many storylines.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huge Ironman fan here, but the Thor movie was worth seeing more then once.  (Avengers... like 6 times.)

The only one I don't know what they will do much with is Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Rumors are it will involve alot of Shield in the movie which makes sense, and some are saying "politcal thriller" which could be pretty cool.

Im more concerned with Robert Downey Jr not being under contract for much longer. Hopefully they will kill him off in his last Avenger movie and replace him with Antman.

Thor movie looks great, I love that they willing to go balls to the wall with the Avenger movies. The Thor movies really allow them the ability to expand the universe and open up so many storylines.

Winter Soldier is present day post Avengers and heavily involves SHIELD. Scarlet Johanssen is his sidekick and Sam Jackson is returning. Robert Redford is the director of SHIELD. It's the old Winter Soldier story with Bucky. Also he's using a the new costume now

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They wanted her in The Avengers for a cameo and she said no.

Didn't know that.  Interesting.

ETA:  I heard it had to do with her being pregnant.

God damn it. I knew I should have worn a hat!

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God damn it. I knew I should have worn a hat!

Why? I'd go in raw and not pull out. Even if it mean the end of civilization as we know it creating another statist. Fuck if I care
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iron Man will never be killed off. It's Marvel Studios' bread and butter. Antman is coming after Avengers 2.

Marvel has already said they will recast the roles as the actors get too old for the roles. They're going for one long continuity of films like the old James Bond movies.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Marvel has already said they will recast the roles as the actors get too old for the roles. They're going for one long continuity of films like the old James Bond movies.

Robert Downey, Jr is an impossible act to follow.

Sean Connery will always be James Bond.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet we are celebrating 50 years of James Bond and 23 films.

Tony Stark will return...
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That bitch was in star wars and shes talking artistic integrity? lol
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As long as we don't get another Timothy Dalton or George Lazenby.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks promising
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem with the next Tony Stark is they'll probably try too hard to act like the last Tony Stark.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem with the next Tony Stark is they'll probably try too hard to act like the last Tony Stark.

I don't think so. RDJ fucking IS Tony Stark. That is the most perfect casting I have ever seen. He even has the proper goat naturally. I remember when Iron Man was first announced everyone was condemning it because RDJ was cast and he hadn't changed his image yet and I was so excited because I knew how perfect he was for that part. You can't duplicate that. People have learned that from the Bond films, look at the differences between Nicholson and Ledger's Jokers. Hell look at Craig's Bond. I suspect we will see more of that. The game has changed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
People have learned that from the Bond films, look at the differences between Nicholson and Ledger's Jokers. Hell look at Craig's Bond. I suspect we will see more of that. The game has changed.

Excellent point.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought they would replace Natalie Portman, get someone or something that is a little more animated and genuine. Like this...

http://kaufmann-mercantile.com/images/sandwich-board.jpg

She's a fine actor if the director is decent, she just doesn't have any ability to act on her own.

Yeah, sort of like a piece of wood.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sacrifice the statist Natalie Portman to save the world?  No brainer.

was that her? looked like a different actress.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

50 years of movies of Marvel Comics, Avengers and crew...

I think I just peed my pants.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Great, she can go on to make crap as Black Swan and watch her career go down................Thor needs a better love interest anyway

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought they would replace Natalie Portman, get someone or something that is a little more animated and genuine. Like this...

If we're lucky her character will die.

Then again, I went to Episode III of Star Wars hoping to see Jar Jar die and they failed me in that movie, too.  Never bothered watching it again.

She will. They made it obvious. Besides she's said she wants out of the franchise. They wanted her in The Avengers for a cameo and she said no.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Sofa king in
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sofa king in

My dixie wrecked
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

She's a fine actor if the director is decent, she just doesn't have any ability to act on her own.

Yeah, sort of like a piece of wood.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top