Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This is the kind of shit that gives my lawyer a high school senioresque stiffy.

True.  My budding lawyer sense is tingling...
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's see.

The TSA pats down little old ladies but waves the guy wearing a turban and shouting Allahu Ackbar through.

They let a guy who was reported to be dangerous by his own father on a plane.

And then they hassle a travel blogger.

TSA is a fucking disgrace.  And their "investigators" are a disgrace to every real LEO in this country doing his best to protect us from the barbarians at the gates.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Did the first dozen or so people who responded even bother to read the article?
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
This has become the SOP for the 0bama administration.  Kill the Messenger, Kill the Messenger, Kill the Messenger.  These assholes are so inept, clueless and stupid they couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.  

Obama didn't start the TSA.

Just because he didn't "start" the TSA doesn't mean he didn't put an idiot in charge of it.

Didn't congress vote for it? Was Obama a member of congress at that time?
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
This has become the SOP for the 0bama administration.  Kill the Messenger, Kill the Messenger, Kill the Messenger.  These assholes are so inept, clueless and stupid they couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.  

Just because he didn't "start" the TSA doesn't mean he didn't put an idiot in charge of it.

senate
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 1:03:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Last real idiot in charge of it was Kip Hawley, who left when O took office, right now there is only an acting idiot in charge. but we gotta blame someone and blaming Barry O is better than he who must not be named.

GWB started the whole thing, with the consent of a Republican controlled congress too IIRC. There, I said it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

senate

Congress = House + Senate, so yes, Zero was a member of Congress.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#9]
The government will use what you post on the Internet to fuck you over.  That is the message here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#10]
The Blogger should have just said that according to TSA actions after other terrorist acts, they figured that the TSA/DHS would just do more of the stupid stuff they had always done! ––That stupid stuff being to harass non-terrorist and use PC as an excuse to ignore potential terrorist.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Blogger should have just said that according to TSA actions after other terrorist acts, they figured that the TSA/DHS would just do more of the stupid stuff they had always done! ––That stupid stuff being to harass non-terrorist and use PC as an excuse to ignore potential terrorist.

Supposedly, there is more stupid stuff from them, coming out today.  If history is a guide, you will have to remove your trou and pass it through the X-ray machine, then reinstall it.  Just like you do with your shoes.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#12]
And of course we'll hear all about how they're shorthanded and underfunded while they spend time and resources to interrogate bloggers...
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if Wayne L. knew how prophetic he was being when he first used the phrase 'jack-booted thugs'?

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#15]
The guy should have never given up his laptop.

Also your laptops and desktops should always have a removable hard drive.

You never know what they will use for evidence against you.

Even if you are doing the right thing they can get you if they want to.

Mr Blogger we didn't find anything, but you have a pirated Avatar video and some unlicensed software on you computer....come with us.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#16]
They went to WalMart to buy a hard drive?  What?  So they left the computer in the possession of the suspect and then returned?  And then they buggered with the laptop and couldn't make a simple image?  Morons.  They took the good time and trouble to get some kind of subpoena and then didn't take the tools with them to do their job.  

It makes one wonder what kinds of clowns they let monkey with the laptop after they seized it?  I'd immediately have a boating accident with that computer and start changing usernames and passwords.  

I wonder how much fun they would have had with a Truecrypt volume?  It would have been like a monkey screwing a football.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I was coming home from Phoenix and going through the security line at the airport.  The man in front of me was demure, in his 80's, distinguished looking and exuded class. He looked like Major Dick Winters from Band of Brothers. Gray hair, blue eyes. He turned to me and showed me his medical card that indicated that he had an artificial metal hip. He then went on to explain that he traveled quite a bit and even though he showed them the card, they always searched him physically, because of the shrapnel in his leg he received from the Battle of Okinawa.  Sure enough, they took this frail man aside and wanded him and patted him down. My blood was boiling thinking about our political correctness and unwillingness to use profiling. The terrorists are laughing at us.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#18]
John Enright used to be a counterterrorism expert  working for the U.S. Attorneys office in Providence, RI after 9-11 I believe. I also think he used to work for the Secret Service.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#19]
"The agents searched through Frischling’s BlackBerry and iPhone and questioned him about a number of phone numbers and messages in the devices. One number listed in his phone under “ICEMOM” was a quick dial to his mother, in case of emergency. The agents misunderstood the acronym and became suspicious that it was code for his anonymous source and asked if his source worked for ICE — the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement."

They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, are they?
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"The agents searched through Frischling’s BlackBerry and iPhone and questioned him about a number of phone numbers and messages in the devices. One number listed in his phone under “ICEMOM” was a quick dial to his mother, in case of emergency. The agents misunderstood the acronym and became suspicious that it was code for his anonymous source and asked if his source worked for ICE — the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement."

We've know this for years.  Before all the PC stuff started, we used to make jokes about government employees being lazy and stupid.  

I think I'm going to add some alphabet agencies initials to the beginning of some of the names in my address book.  If it ever gets searched, is should be entertaining.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Double tap

Cheap fucking work computer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When they pulled a subpoena from their briefcase and told him he was legally required to provide the information they requested, he said he needed to contact a lawyer. The agents said they’d sit outside his house until he gave them the information they wanted.

Should have told them to have a blast sitting out there while got his lawyer in the loop, and local media to boot, as long as counsel agreed.

"Aw, my lawyer is away on vacation for the week.  Have fun sitting out front."
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#23]
§ 1520.17   Consequences of unauthorized disclosure of SSI.
Violation of this part is grounds for a civil penalty and other enforcement or corrective action by DHS, and appropriate personnel actions for Federal employees. Corrective action may include issuance of an order requiring retrieval of SSI to remedy unauthorized disclosure or an order to cease future unauthorized disclosure.

IANAL, I don't even play on TV or a web series.  I did take a class in doing research though once.

I don't see what penalties he would face in releasing the information. Even so, the regulations they quote don't affect him. The people who are covered by by this regulation are in 1520.7. I'd quote 1520.7, but it's too long.  It basically says people in the industry are covered, and shouldn't do this.  Theses restrictions don't cover non-employees.

They could have subpoena'd his computers, but even then they can't take them without a warrant.  A subpoena says we would like to look at your shit, and don't destroy any information you have.  If you destroyed the information before being subpoenead, then you should be fine.  But try to have proof of destruction, and don't hire a shredding company the day after you get a subpoena.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#24]
We had this happen when I worked in newspapers.  Local PD showed up and threatened to lock us all up in a room until we gave them certain information about an advertisement.  The Publisher handed them the number for the giant legal dept in Chicago and said "FOAD".

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Well there tactics worked. The guy did just about everything they wanted.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I wonder if Wayne L. knew how prophetic he was being when he first used the phrase 'jack-booted thugs'?

Actually it was John Dingell who first used that phrase.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Last real idiot in charge of it was Kip Hawley, who left when O took office, right now there is only an acting idiot in charge. but we gotta blame someone and blaming Barry O is better than he who must not be named.

GWB started the whole thing, with the consent of a Republican controlled congress too IIRC. There, I said it.

I guess I'm not up on things then. I could have sworn I heard in the news that the Democrats were pushing for it and threatend to filibuster or do something to get the TSA. Or may'be living in a deep blue city, it was just Democrats trying to take credit?
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#28]
http://www.tsa.gov/join/benefits/soar/usss/sa_investigator.shtm

Is it just me, or does it look like "TSA Special Agents" are actually 1811s under the Secret Service? Just another reason why the Secret Service should never have been moved to DHS.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#29]
the same tsa that let there previous security procedures out on the net not a few months ago. funny no arrests or subpoena's then.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Frischling, a freelance travel writer and photographer in Connecticut who writes a blog for the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, said the two agents who visited him arrived around 7 p.m. Tuesday, were armed and threatened him with a criminal search warrant if he didn’t provide the name of his source. They also threatened to get him fired from his KLM job and indicated they could get him designated a security risk, which would make it difficult for him to travel and do his job.

“They were indicating there would be significant ramifications if I didn’t cooperate,” said Frischling, who was home alone with his three children when the agents arrived. “It’s not hard to intimidate someone when they’re holding a 3-year-old [child] in their hands. My wife works at night. I go to jail, and my kids are here with nobody.”

Frischling, who described some of the details of the visit on his personal blog, told Threat Level that the two agents drove to his house in Connecticut from DHS offices in Massachusetts and New Jersey and didn’t mention a subpoena until an hour into their visit.

“They came to the door and immediately were asking, ‘Who gave you this document?, Why did you publish the document?’ and ‘I don’t think you know how much trouble you’re in.’ It was very much a hardball tactic,” he says.

Mother of God.  This is not America anymore.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The government will use what you post on the Internet to fuck you over.  That is the message here.

You know, maybe my tinfoil is too tight, but what will happen when they pay a visit to a gun blogger?  I don't expect the citizen to be belligerent, at least not initially.  I do expect whatever agency it is to go in Ruby Ridge-style, killing whomever is near a door or window because "the suspect is known to be armed" or some BS.

A travel blogger... seriously!?!?  People are gonna get tired of this kind of shit.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Frischling, a freelance travel writer and photographer in Connecticut who writes a blog for the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, said the two agents who visited him arrived around 7 p.m. Tuesday, were armed and threatened him with a criminal search warrant if he didn’t provide the name of his source. They also threatened to get him fired from his KLM job and indicated they could get him designated a security risk, which would make it difficult for him to travel and do his job.

“They were indicating there would be significant ramifications if I didn’t cooperate,” said Frischling, who was home alone with his three children when the agents arrived. “It’s not hard to intimidate someone when they’re holding a 3-year-old [child] in their hands. My wife works at night. I go to jail, and my kids are here with nobody.”

Frischling, who described some of the details of the visit on his personal blog, told Threat Level that the two agents drove to his house in Connecticut from DHS offices in Massachusetts and New Jersey and didn’t mention a subpoena until an hour into their visit.

“They came to the door and immediately were asking, ‘Who gave you this document?, Why did you publish the document?’ and ‘I don’t think you know how much trouble you’re in.’ It was very much a hardball tactic,” he says.

Mother of God.  This is not America anymore.

Yep. Way out of control.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#33]
From wikipedia:

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act passed by the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001. The TSA was originally organized in the U.S. Department of Transportation but was moved to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on November 25, 2002. The agency is responsible for security in all modes of transportation.[1]
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transportation_Security_Administration

As I recall, in 2001 and 2002 the House, Senate, and Presidency were all Republican controlled, and Obama was a member of the Illinois Senate.

/Google mofos, do you use it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Is it just me, or does it look like "TSA Special Agents" are actually 1811s under the Secret Service? Just another reason why the Secret Service should never have been moved to DHS.

A lot of the 1811 Special Agents in TSA are former USSS.  The majority of the FAM service management is former USSS.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Thank goodness nobody has photoshopped this...

This is serious business.

btw, any bets on what tint the agent uses?

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of the 1811 Special Agents in TSA are former USSS.  The majority of the FAM service management is former USSS.  

Not former. I'm talking about under whom their "special agent" status is chartered right now. Look at the page on the TSA website that I linked.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
From wikipedia:

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act passed by the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001. The TSA was originally organized in the U.S. Department of Transportation but was moved to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on November 25, 2002. The agency is responsible for security in all modes of transportation.[1]

As I recall, in 2001 and 2002 the House, Senate, and Presidency were all Republican controlled, and Obama was a member of the Illinois Senate.

So you are saying Obama was still a state senator in 2001 and 2002 and remained so until November 2004.  But we can still blame him for it right?  Because blaming he who must not be named is blasphemy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
From wikipedia:

So you are saying Obama was still a state senator in 2001 and 2002 and remained so until November 2004.  But we can still blame him for it right?  Because blaming he who must not be named is blasphemy.

Of course we can blame him, just like I blame Clinton for Oklahoma City and WTC v1.0, Bush for WTC v2.0, anthrax, and sniper guy.  The buck stops there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If only a fraction of this zeal were to be directed towards adding people to the no fly list...

Wasn't Underpants on that list?
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have ICE1in my phone as an emergency contact number.

My father does training for EMS and they're told to look for that contact in case the person is incapacitated.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That's great.

We're hassling travel bloggers but we won't hack/crack any of the hundreds of jihadi websites or remove their jack off videos from Youtube.

Black is white.  Up is down.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#43]
So they intimidate and attempt to silence the critics. Fuck the incompetent, tyrannical bastards.

Hope the bloggers tell them to shove it up their asses.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
That's great.
We're hassling travel bloggers but we won't hack/crack any of the hundreds of jihadi websites or remove their jack off videos from Youtube.

More like black is up and white is down.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#45]
What the hell is happening to our once great Republic?
Every day we inch closer to tyranny. I want my Liberty back!

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Truecrypt is your friend.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#48]
It was sent to Islamabad, to Riyadh and to Nigeria.

And 5 minutes later it was distributed to every Islamic Terrorist on the planet.

And they hassle a blogger?
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
That's great.

More like black is up and white is down.

It's getting about that bad.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#50]
That fucker Obama sure does love the US Constitution and Bill of Rights, doesn't he?  Constitutional Law Professor my ass.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top