Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/2/2020 11:16:59 PM EDT
Taco Bell has announced that, starting November 5, it will phase out a handful of menu items as part of what it calls a "streamlining" process in order to make way for some new items. So while diners can look forward to trying the Chicken Chipotle Melt ("featuring marinated all-white meat grilled chicken, creamy chipotle sauce, and cheddar cheese rolled and melted together"), Dragonfruit Freeze ("a tropical frozen beverage swirled with a burst of dragonfruit flavor") and, in certain areas of the country, a new, spicier Green Sauce featuring "flavors of fire roasted green chilies, pureed jalapeno and hatch green chiles" and a test-run of the returning Quesalupa, they can say adios to Shredded Chicken, Pico de Gallo and  dare we say it?  Mexican Pizza.

The Pico de Gallo will be replaced by fresh diced tomatoes, but it is probably safe to say nothing will replace Mexican Pizza in its fans' hearts. They've taken to social media to express their grief.

"You have broken my heart," one Twitter account sadly declared.

"Removing the #MexicanPizza is not cool," wrote another.

"Why would you do this to us???" yet another howled.

Amidst the many memes, threats never to eat at Taco Bell again and calls for a boycott, someone has taken action, starting an online petition to Save the Mexican Pizza. In just a few days, it has been signed by more than 44,500 people  and is rapidly gathering more.

I mean, yeah, a lot of people are upset, angry and in denial.

Taco Bell seems to have anticipated the outcry, at least to some degree, but says it's making the move for the good of the planet.

"We know some fans may be sad to see this one go, we are too," the chain wrote in a press release explaining the menu changes. "One silver lining of saying goodbye to the Mexican Pizza that might help you rest easy is that removing it from our menus helps us work towards our commitment to leave a lighter footprint on our planet. Currently, Mexican Pizza packaging accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S."

Another silver lining is that you can always DIY a pizza like Taco Bell's at home. Here's a recipe. You're welcome.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/news/taco-bell-mexican-pizza-discontinued-petition

That was my favorite item on their menu, I hope Taco Cabana opens up here.

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Their gross food is way over priced these days. It's like $2 for a regular crap soft taco and the quality has really gone down over the decades.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I dropped Taco Bell a long tine ago. About everything they sell gives me the Hershey Squirts.  Plus TB always seem to be manned by the rejects from other fast food joints.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The Mexican Pizza is about the only reason I still ate there.

But I haven't eaten TB since I chomped down on what tasted like a wad of paper in my taco meat
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Taco Bell has announced that, starting November 5, it will phase out a handful of menu items as part of what it calls a "streamlining" process in order to make way for some new items. So while diners can look forward to trying the Chicken Chipotle Melt ("featuring marinated all-white meat grilled chicken, creamy chipotle sauce, and cheddar cheese rolled and melted together"), Dragonfruit Freeze ("a tropical frozen beverage swirled with a burst of dragonfruit flavor") and, in certain areas of the country, a new, spicier Green Sauce featuring "flavors of fire roasted green chilies, pureed jalapeno and hatch green chiles" and a test-run of the returning Quesalupa, they can say adios to Shredded Chicken, Pico de Gallo and  dare we say it?  Mexican Pizza.

The Pico de Gallo will be replaced by fresh diced tomatoes, but it is probably safe to say nothing will replace Mexican Pizza in its fans' hearts. They've taken to social media to express their grief.

"You have broken my heart," one Twitter account sadly declared.

"Removing the #MexicanPizza is not cool," wrote another.

"Why would you do this to us???" yet another howled.

Amidst the many memes, threats never to eat at Taco Bell again and calls for a boycott, someone has taken action, starting an online petition to Save the Mexican Pizza. In just a few days, it has been signed by more than 44,500 people  and is rapidly gathering more.

I mean, yeah, a lot of people are upset, angry and in denial.

Taco Bell seems to have anticipated the outcry, at least to some degree, but says it's making the move for the good of the planet.

"We know some fans may be sad to see this one go, we are too," the chain wrote in a press release explaining the menu changes. "One silver lining of saying goodbye to the Mexican Pizza that might help you rest easy is that removing it from our menus helps us work towards our commitment to leave a lighter footprint on our planet. Currently, Mexican Pizza packaging accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S."

Another silver lining is that you can always DIY a pizza like Taco Bell's at home. Here's a recipe. You're welcome.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/news/taco-bell-mexican-pizza-discontinued-petition

That was my favorite item on their menu, I hope Taco Cabana opens up here.

View Quote

Cabana sucks worse than Taco Bell now.  Some days the refried beans are runny and some days you can spackle with them
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
First Taco Bell got rid of the loaded potato griller. Then the beef frito burrito. The only thing left is chicken quesarito and I bet that will be gone soon at this pace. When i get a fast food craving I’ve been going to Arby’s lately. Sorry TB.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Where I grew up we didn’t have Taco Bell. I remember visiting relatives as a kindergartener and my dad took me to Taco Bell. He bought me a Mexican pizza and the chips with nacho cheese.

Farewell Mexican pizza.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their gross food is way over priced these days. It's like $2 for a regular crap soft taco and the quality has really gone down over the decades.
View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it also getting rid of Baja Blast?
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't eat out often, but Taco Bueno is mas bueno than  Taco Bell  
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Dupe from months ago.

ETA:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/WTF-is-taco-bell-thinking-/5-2365577/

NOTE: It is archived, so carry on.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is it also getting rid of Baja Blast?
View Quote

It will probably be replaced by Cool Ranch Doritos Mt. Dew.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Cabana sucks worse than Taco Bell now.  Some days the refried beans are runny and some days you can spackle with them
View Quote
I didn't want to hear that!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Frito burrito and mexican pizza were the only reason I ever went there.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Did the same to 7layer burritos
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#16]
El culturale appropriatione
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
First Taco Bell got rid of the loaded potato griller. Then the beef frito burrito. The only thing left is chicken quesarito and I bet that will be gone soon at this pace. When i get a fast food craving I’ve been going to Arby’s lately. Sorry TB.
View Quote

quesaritos are by app order only by me. I may have ranted about this for a bit too long in the drive through. It was a long night and that's the only damn thing I wanted.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Racist bastards!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I called them out as worthless communist swine when they ditched the Grilled Stuffed Burrito. The reasoning behind ditching the Mexican Pizza? The cardboard packaging has too much environmental impact. I hope they go bankrupt.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#20]
FTB
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok, but as long as they still have the double decker taco.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the double decker taco...not much there worth ordering now. Just about all my favs are discontinued.

Double deckers were like $2.40 when discontinued.... yeah there's no inflation.

1995 Taco Bell "Double Decker Taco" Shaq TV Commercial
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Taco Bell sucks now.  It used to be decent because it was cheap, but now it's almost the same price as any other fast food and the quality sucks.

Del Taco is much better, in my opinion.  But I try to limit my fast food as much as possible.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dupe from months ago.

ETA:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/WTF-is-taco-bell-thinking-/5-2365577/

NOTE: It is archived, so carry on.
View Quote

Dupenazi dedication at its finest.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Double decker taco or GTFO!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I wish they'd do some really good buttermilk battered fried chicken strip tacos with cheese sauce.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I had Taco Bell for the first time in a long time last month, and it was pretty awful.

The Mexican Pizza was gross.  Entirely too wet and slimy.  I seem to remember them being good in years past...
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Taco Bell has gotten too expensive for the food they serve. And getting rid of the shredded chicken is just wrong.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Their Mexican Pizza was my go-to meal at Taco Bell.  No reason to go there now.  Sooooo long, Taco Bell........
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.

Replacing some crap fast food tacobell mexican pizza with other frozen fast food inspired crap and the prices keep going up for this tasty crap?
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Meh - If you want a decent Mexican pizza, go to Pizza Patron instead.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I dropped Taco Bell a long tine ago. About everything they sell gives me the Hershey Squirts.  Plus TB always seem to be manned by the rejects from other fast food joints.
View Quote

If I ever get Taco Bell I plan it so I'm within 5 minutes of a bathroom.  That's literally, like clockwork, no hyperbole, all the time I have.

I ain't going out like those fools in the "Do you keep a roll of TP in your vehicle?" thread.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I actually like Taco Bell on occasion but the one by me has gotten my order wrong every single time.

They don't need new food. They need better quality control.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I till miss the Encharito
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#36]
They've been dead to me since the Chicken Club Burrito got phased out.

Taco Bell can suck my ass.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#37]
The Yo quero Taco Bell Chihuahua is turning over in his grave.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Bring back the fucking double decker!
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:01:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Bring back the chili cheese burrito everywhere!!!  There is no location near me that serves it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#40]
No more grilled stuft burrito, that's about the only thing I've eaten off of their menu for 15 years.
I didn't ask for help making better decisions when I'm drinking but I guess I got it anyway.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#41]
They’ve been dead to me since they got rid of the grilled stuffed burrito
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Fucking cock suckers
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Dios mio!

Haven't had a Mexican pizza in at least 20 years.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:11:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And the double decker taco...not much there worth ordering now. Just about all my favs are discontinued.

Double deckers were like $2.40 when discontinued.... yeah there's no inflation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVmaYNtgu4g
View Quote

The Taco Jockeys also made $3.35 hr back then.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Del Taco is way better than Taco Shits.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:12:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ok, but as long as they still have the double decker taco.
View Quote

I got news for you
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#48]
The Mexican pizza and shredded chicken quesaritos were my TB staples. I liked the chipotle flatbreads they had a while ago so maybe the new melt will be good.

But ever since I found out that a local TB has chili cheese burritos, that's about all I get. You have to ask if they have it, but it might be the best thing they make.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#49]
I tried to order a tostada once and they said they got rid of it and only serve a “spicy tostada”. Well fuck then get me a tostada minus spicy sauce then.

ETA- looks like they also got rid of the spicy tostada. FTB
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:31:53 AM EDT
[#50]
You can probably still get one if it was only dropped once and nobody else saw it happen.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top