Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

CMMG or maybe CMT

CMT sounds about right, but I'd have to do a little googling to be for sure

[/quote]

It is CMT. I have 2 of their stripped lowers and they are as good as any. Well except the fact they have the Century name on them, that kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My WASR's run like a top. In 1000's of rounds, I have NEVER had a malfunction.

Me too.

Mine won't feed hollow points at all.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

+1
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My Century AK is nowhere near as accurate as my AR.

That said, I have run several thousand rounds through it, and every one of them went downrange.

And I have cleaned it maybe 3 times.

I also only paid $319 for it a few years ago, NIB.

I picked up the bulk of my ammo at $2.86 a box of 20.

What's not to like?
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am shocked the AR15.com overlooks him dodging the draft.

He's probably the most well known public personality to speak in favor of the second amendment. Enough time has passed to forgive a transgression that occurred 40 years ago.

You're being sarcastic right?? Maybe it excuses the underage girls too??? Shades of Michael Jackson worship if you ask me.............
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ted Nugent went broke investing in things like emu farms, lived in his own excrement to avoid military service, and adopted a child so he could fuck her.

In that context, I don't give a fuck what he thinks about the company that imported my $229 AK copy.  

+1 couldn't have said it any better.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I was watching Ted Nugent's hunting show on Comcast cable lastnight.  During one segments he was showing off a few different AK-47s and talking about them being his favorite rifle.  Well, what really caught me off guard was when he started talking about the great quality of Century Arms International.  If memory serves me, doens't alteast half or better of AR15.com refer to them as being drunken monkeys?

EDIT:  replaced "I" with "he", its damn hard to type and eat fried chicken.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fried chicken........

The good lord put the chicken on this earth for one reason.... To fry!
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
has it occured to you that maybe century paid him to say that.

Yep, he has bills to pay too.  

ETA: My Century WASR runs like a top, and no, they don't pay me to say that.

I'd agree. The royally fucked up some stuff in the past, but some of the stuff they do is alright.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Havent you ever read a gun rag, (this is what we used to read before the interweb) Have you ever read a bad write up on anything? I remember gunwriters used to write positive reviews of even the biggest hunks of poo.  Free guns, Free ammo and a fat paycheck can make men say things they might not say. I remember a few years back there was a company(cant remember the name) This guy had a 1911, glock, hybrid. It was a total tool. Never got off the ground. The guy took deposits and never followed through......the pieces the gun writers got to shoot was the most innovative. well thought out next big thing in firearms......Ted is probably just cashing a fat check...in this day and age who can blame him. Or maybe that damn yankee just has cat scratch fever jk
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Mine won't feed hollow points at all.

I've ran across a few WASR's with this issue.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ted Nugent went broke investing in things like emu farms, lived in his own excrement to avoid military service, and adopted a child so he could fuck her.

In that context, I don't give a fuck what he thinks about the company that imported my $229 AK copy.  

I'm not disputing what you've said above; most of it is news to me.  I wouldn't call myself a TN devotee, either, so I'm obviously not up on such things..

In the interests of my becoming better informed, would you, or anyone else, please cite authoritative, accessible links for the allegations you've made?

I was going to point you in the direction of his VH1 Behind the Music documentary.  This contains all of the information and much, much more...like the ND in his Jackson, MI house with a bolt action varmint rifle that narrowly missed his son's head.   Ted also describes himself as a "serial pedophile" in this interview, and discusses his "alternative flesh management" encounters with many minors.

However, all traces of this video have disappeared from the internet.  Might have something to do with the Federal statute of limitations for sex crimes against minors being eliminated (Adam Walsh Act), and his subsequent deal with VH1 for the flop show Surviving Nugent.  Just a wild guess.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#15]
so Ted, does Comcast pay you to plug for them too?  why not just say "I was watching TV", instead of "I was watching Comcast cable"?  shouldn't you throw in the brand names of said television, the snacks you were enjoying, and the loungewear you had on?  
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I was watching Ted Nugent's hunting show on Comcast cable lastnight.  During one segments he was showing off a few different AK-47s and talking about them being his favorite rifle.  Well, what really caught me off guard was when I started talking about the great quality of Century Arms International.  If memory serves me, doens't alteast half or better of AR15.com refer to them as being drunken monkeys?

quoted

Hey Ted!

Uncle Ted!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I was watching Ted Nugent's hunting show on Comcast cable lastnight.  During one segments he was showing off a few different AK-47s and talking about them being his favorite rifle.  Well, what really caught me off guard was when I started talking about the great quality of Century Arms International.  If memory serves me, doens't alteast half or better of AR15.com refer to them as being drunken monkeys?

quoted

Hey Ted!

Uncle Ted!!

The ironic part of my I instead of he "error" is that it was caught by operatorerror, and my job title is Operator.  Unfortunately, its not Uber Tactical Operator, but instead Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator  (thank god i'm in Industrial and not Municipal––otherwise I'd be dealing with crap all day, literally)

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll keep my SAR-1, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
so Ted, does Comcast pay you to plug for them too?  why not just say "I was watching TV", instead of "I was watching Comcast cable"?  shouldn't you throw in the brand names of said television, the snacks you were enjoying, and the loungewear you had on?  

So I was watching Ted Nugent's hunting show on Comcast cable lastnight on my 42" Vizio LCD TV, while enjoying my Wheat Thins with Philipedia Cream Chease (Garden Vegetable variety) and wearing my LAPG Operator Tactical Pants and Redwing Model 4414 8 inch work boots.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

CMMG or maybe CMT

It is CMT. I have 2 of their stripped lowers and they are as good as any. Well except the fact they have the Century name on them, that kinda sucks.[/quote]

CMT makes lowers for everyone...Colt. Noveske. Stag...on and on...
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

CMMG or maybe CMT

It is CMT. I have 2 of their stripped lowers and they are as good as any. Well except the fact they have the Century name on them, that kinda sucks.[/quote]
––––––––––––––––––
CMT makes lowers for everyone...Colt. Noveske. Stag...on and on...
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Some possibilities:

1.  He grew up.  It was a long time ago.
2.  When the metal hits the meat he's all talk.
3.  He loves guns, but wouldn't fight for his country.

All that matters to most here is that he's loud, obnoxious and pro-gun.

Puts on a hell of a good show, too.

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Nugent is a blow hard anyway with an ego bigger than the GoodYear blimp....his music fucking sucked anyway.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not disputing what you've said above; most of it is news to me.  I wouldn't call myself a TN devotee, either, so I'm obviously not up on such things..

In the interests of my becoming better informed, would you, or anyone else, please cite authoritative, accessible links for the allegations you've made?

I was going to point you in the direction of his VH1 Behind the Music documentary.  This contains all of the information and much, much more...like the ND in his Jackson, MI house with a bolt action varmint rifle that narrowly missed his son's head.   Ted also describes himself as a "serial pedophile" in this interview, and discusses his "alternative flesh management" encounters with many minors.

However, all traces of this video have disappeared from the internet.  Might have something to do with the Federal statute of limitations for sex crimes against minors being eliminated (Adam Walsh Act), and his subsequent deal with VH1 for the flop show Surviving Nugent.  Just a wild guess.

Never heard any of that but I'm not shocked either...
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Nugent's an inbred, hillbilly attention whore.  A conservative Al Sharpton.  They both make me want to puke.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

same here
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you will find many here oppose the draft.

particularly for a bullshit war
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought one of their L1A1 FAL's back in the early 90's & it was a useless piece of dogshit!!!  If you could get it to shoot 3 times in a row without a stoppage it was a miracle!   And you couldn't hit a bull in the ass at 10 yards with it!  Nothing but a useless piece of dogshit.  Oh, I already said that.  Well, it needed saying again!  And it was too light for a boat anchor.  I passed it off on another unsuspecting dumbass.

And Century Arms didn't pay me to say this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As a serious bowhunter and firearms owner, I never miss an episode of Ted's "Spirit of the Wild" television show on Tuesday nights on the Outdoor Channel.

http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_thinking.gif[/img]

It's good for lawlz.  The show cracks me up, whether that was the intent or not.

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's probably the most well known public personality to speak in favor of the second amendment. Enough time has passed to forgive a transgression that occurred 40 years ago.

If you got a draft card to go nation building in Iraq, would you go?

Reasonable people may disagree on the issue.

Perhaps if Vietnam was invading the US the issue might be different...

Yes I would go!  May not like it but I would go serve my country.  And I had a draft card when my lottery number was 96 during the Vietnam War.  Hell no, I didn't want to go to Vietnam. But I wasn't going to be some coward chicken shit lowlife son of a bitch & run to Canada or find some other bogus way to get out of going when there were Americians dying there.  I'm 55 & if I could have went to Iraq or A-stan in place of 1 young kid, I damn sure would have!

IMO ALL draft dodgers whoever they are should be arrested for treason, given a fair trial & at sunup be shot by firing squad along with Hanoi Jane.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I thought he said zombies don't exist or that there should be beans in chili or something.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure my sar 1 has century markings on it (I'm guessing they were the importer and the ones to add US parts)
it shots fine too except that I need to fine tune the adjustment on the red dot I added and I don't like the v notch rear sight but that's not their fault
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a Century AR lower that is one of my best.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My Century WASR & L1A1 both function fine, and shoot straight.  

I was really close to buying one of their Polish Tantals here recently, but enough reports of the key hole problem made me change my mind.

Same here, I nearly bought a Tantal at a local gun store because it really looked awesome and I like the 5.45 caliber.  But, I decided to hold off till I could do some checking and when I found out some had oversized bores and ALL have NO chrome lining, I passed.

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Century certainly has a bad rifle building reputation here, but I have to say it is well earned.

Yes well earned. Gun butchers

Whenever you hear someone on TV praise a product of any kind especially on outdoor and sporting shows the first thing that should pop in your head is the sponsor is paying them, second thing is if a sponsor is not paying them then they are fishing for a new sponsor.

I worked it the industry and many of you would be shocked at just how corrupt it is. Most everyone is a pimp or whore. Product reviews are almost always done for cash and/or product, the magazine tend to be the same.

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm happy with my Century GP WASR 10/63.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The draft is lame.

I forgive Uncle Ted.

Yeah, the draft was lame. If Ted had manned up and told the government to fuck off like, say, Mohammed Ali and paid the price for his beliefs, I might even be able to respect him. He didn't. He shit on himself for a week and got a fake student deferment so he could tour with his band.

I wonder if the guy who went in his place made it back.

Ted Nugent didn't draft him.  The government did.  Place the blame where the blame is due.

eta: And I don't know much about Century-built AKs, but century-built Cetme's are pretty hit or miss.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I was watching Ted Nugent's hunting show on Comcast cable lastnight on my 42" Vizio LCD TV, while enjoying my Wheat Thins with Philipedia Cream Chease (Garden Vegetable variety) and wearing my LAPG Operator Tactical Pants and Redwing Model 4414 8 inch work boots.  

fail
salmon cream cheese for the win
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Same here.  never a single issue with mine.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

likewise
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The draft is lame.
I forgive Uncle Ted.

Yeah, the draft was lame. If Ted had manned up and told the government to fuck off like, say, Mohammed Ali and paid the price for his beliefs, I might even be able to respect him. He didn't. He shit on himself for a week and got a fake student deferment so he could tour with his band.
I wonder if the guy who went in his place made it back.

Ted Nugent didn't draft him.  The government did.  Place the blame where the blame is due.
eta: And I don't know much about Century-built AKs, but century-built Cetme's are pretty hit or miss.

Nope. Ted didn't draft him.  Ted shirked his responsibility and caused the shortage that required a man who was willing to do the right thing to go in his place. I placed the blame exactly where it is due.

OK you win. A lifetime ago Ted did something he should not have just like half the men in his generation. You win Ted was a mostly normal guy in 1968 context. You have single handily discovered Ted Nugent did what millions of others did, including a former President.

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top