Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2374
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What do y'all think about 380 as a carry caliber?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's the .mil one.

I think it may be out of my league

Linky

ETA: post 11000  
View Quote

congrats!
I'm really digging that blackout drive lights panel.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Just channel your inner wheeler and dealer, have them ship it to you.

My friend bought a boat in Texas and paid a tweaker $200 to go pick it up for him.
View Quote

It's not to much the distance it's the fixing it up.

I'm pretty auto retarded.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, I dumped mine. 9mm is where I would start.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here's the .mil one.

Linky

View Quote

SF area craigslist
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's one on egay
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So there is only two k5 diesels in a thousand miles. One is to expensive (13k). The other is a .mil model that's all sorts of busted (but only 1k).

Fuck  
View Quote

Meh. It's hard to kill an M-1009. That and old Blazer's are stupid-easy to rebuild.

For the money you save, you could install new suspension, drivetrain, powertrain, and electrical and probably still have a grand or two leftover. If you go that far then I'd suggest just doing a body-off and swapping the frame as well. It's time and money well spent.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the .mil one.

Linky

SF area craigslist

Damn that one actually looks pretty nice.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its what I carry in my pocket and I just bought my wife a Kimber Micro carry 380.
I have no problem with the round.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's the .mil one.

Linky

SF area craigslist

Deewwwww it
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AAR On the girlfriend situation. I took some advice you wise teeners had to offer. Me and my girlfriend talked things out like mature adults and decided we would change a few things and keep dating. We decided we will reconvene to decide about our future at a later date, after we are both out of the stress of our school year, and after we go on our short vacation.

nice
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd only use it as a primary in the most uncommon of circumstances (i.e. When I'm going for maximum concealment). It's a great backup pistol though because it's so easy to incorporate into your existing EDC getup. I don't currently have a .380, but I used to have a P3AT; and while I didn't find the quality to be overwhelming, it was still a pretty easy CCW piece.

Eta: you're probably already aware, but .380 HP's are silly. Load it up with decent quality FMJ's so that it's capable of some reasonable measure of penetration.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Also, I found out that any diesel made before 2007 doesn't have to go through emissions here.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Its what I carry in my pocket and I just bought my wife a Kimber Micro carry 380.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HQA003PutmE

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
no

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Ive been looking at the 42, and got a chance to shoot it. I really like it. I would go 43, but obviously thats going to be a while. With the weather warming up I cant exactly keep carrying my current carry gun... an FNX 45. Id like something I can appendix carry in shots or even on athletic shorts so i can run with it. basically leaves me with super compacts like the shield, 42, and 43. the 42 shoots nice and I like it better than the shield. Is 380 vastly inferior to 9mm?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone here like the CZ P07?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Id really prefer something thin and small, that isn't a pain in the ass to shoot like the sig 938
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ive been looking at the 42, and got a chance to shoot it. I really like it. I would go 43, but obviously thats going to be a while. With the weather warming up I cant exactly keep carrying my current carry gun... an FNX 45. Id like something I can appendix carry in shots or even on athletic shorts so i can run with it. basically leaves me with super compacts like the shield, 42, and 43. the 42 shoots nice and I like it better than the shield. Is 380 vastly inferior to 9mm?
View Quote

Yes, it fails to achieve the FBI Standard of >12" of penetration when used with HP ammo. It still puts holes in things, but it's not a very effective round.

If you want a ultra/subcompact for use as a primary then I'd recommend looking at 9mm and above.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
FIFY  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/HQA003PutmE
FIFY  

Thanks too drunk to fix.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone here like the CZ P07?
View Quote

I have a P-07 Duty 9mm and it's my favorite and most accurate pistol. The new P-07's are a little different, but I can't imagine they are any less awesome.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Kahr CM9
Beretta Nano

Keltec PF9

Kimber Solo carry

Ruger lc9

Sig P938

Shield

If you hate all of the above, then get a .380. No commercial .380 loading that i know of currently meets all the FBI criteria. Not saying it won't work, but pistol rounds already suck without getting one that doesn't meet the bare minnimum criteria for lethality.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's the .mil one.

Linky

SF area craigslist

it probably has AC too, where the M1009 only has a 2 x 55
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yes, it fails to achieve the FBI Standard of >12" of penetration when used with HP ammo. It still puts holes in things, but it's not a very effective round.

If you want a ultra/subcompact for use as a primary then I'd recommend looking at 9mm and above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any suggestions? I don't really care how large the gun is as long as its slim. Id rather carry a 1911 than a 26 because in the summer its the width that hinders me more than the size. I want a single stack G19. That would be perfect for me. Anything that meets that size id be interested in

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Any suggestions? I don't really care how large the gun is as long as its slim. Id rather carry a 1911 than a 26 because in the summer its the width that hinders me more than the size. I want a single stack G19. That would be perfect for me. Anything that meets that size id be interested in  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

keep reading

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Id really prefer something thin and small, that isn't a pain in the ass to shoot like the sig 938
View Quote

I like my S&W shield
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Thanks too drunk to fix.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/HQA003PutmE

FIFY  

Thanks too drunk to fix.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

keep reading  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

keep reading  
I was replying before I read it lol. But those are still super compacts. G19 has the right grip length for me without needing to get grip extensions on every mag.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I like my S&W shield
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like my S&W shield
Im very attracted to that and the 42/43 series of Glocks. I like single stack and slim. Just wish the grip was a bit longer

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Based on current criteria.

I'd get one of the ones I listed, for all around satisfaction. Running, super deep conceal for on campus. Then get a 43 after it's teething period.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#32]
There are a shit ton of k5's in Montana.

Would any of you guys buy a vehicle just from what you saw in the ad?

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Have you tried or considered a Browning Hi power
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Never. Ive been looking for a decent condition 1981 Dodge power wagon as a fixer upper, and Ive found a good number but they wanted me to commit to buying before I could even get to the truck. Pictures looked great online, went to the truck and opened em up. Jesus christ it would cost way to much to restore.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
I have not. Are they thin? or similar to the CZ 75?

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope, I would never buy a vehicle without seeing it first in person!
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I like my S&W shield
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like my S&W shield

Picked on of these up a while ago and I love it, very accurate and concealable. G19 is what I like to carry but sometimes you need something small.....will probably sell my Airweight revolver now. That is how much I like the Shield.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are ground up designed 1911 in 9mm essentially. It was JMB's last design before he passed and was finished by FN

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't off pics alone. Maybe if they had video of it starting up, running and driving it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

They are ground up designed 1911 in 9mm essentially. It was JMB's last design before he passed and was finished by FN  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does it offer more compactness than a 1911? If not ill stick with a 1911, probably a commander series

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I like my S&W shield
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like my S&W shield

+1
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Does it offer more compactness than a 1911? If not ill stick with a 1911, probably a commander series  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cant exactly carry with either of those in running shorts. I do like the beretta nano. Held it a few times, never shot it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1/2 in longer barrel than a commander, slimmer because it's a single stack 9

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since it's been getting warmer I've been carrying my 3.3" XD-S .45 (pre-recall, I live dangerously ). I'm currently wearing it at 4 o'clock in a Tagua leather pancake holster with the extended 7 round mag inserted and two 5 round mags on a Galco mag holder @ 9 o'clock, all totally concealed with only a T-shirt. It's a great little pistol at .9" wide and accurate to boot. They make a 9mm version now in both 3.3" or 4" as I recall and it holds a few more rounds than my .45 does.

I'd absolutely recommend one of these pistols, though there are a myriad of other brands and models that will do the same job just as effectively.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Tenzing this is what I feel like right now

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a complete crap shoot man. Sometimes you can score a hell of a deal, but alot of people out there don't care who they royally fuck over. I don't know if I could buy one without seeing it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Tenzing this is what I feel like right now

http:// http://youtu.be/ZmivKyEY1Dk

View Quote
ALL THE GUNS FOR EVERY OCCASION. No realistically, ill need two guns. A running gun (Shorts and a tshirt while i go for runs) and a warmer weather Mid sized that is easily concealed by a tshirt but isnt a ultra compact gun.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Found out today my dad has one of these and never told me about it.

I can't wait to shoot it.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm going to get drunk as fuck tonight, since work randomly interfered last night, and I have the required materials. PBR and Kraken Rum.

On an entirely unrelated note, brought to you by ADD... I got a fucking sweet custom Damascus Steel knife today. Check it out.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm going to get drunk as fuck tonight, since work randomly interfered last night, and I have the required materials. PBR and Kraken Rum.

On an entirely unrelated note, brought to you by ADD... I got a fucking sweet custom Damascus Steel knife today. Check it out.

http://i.imgur.com/kVLSrmb.jpg
View Quote

That's a nice looking knife HammerHammer! Also thanks again for the Gold!

Also last post on Page 87!
Who is going to get page 88?
Page / 2374
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top