Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Went from Corvallis OR to Denver back in july of 97.    I think it ended up being almost 2 days.  It was a unique experience

On the rare occasion I do take a trip to nyc, I usually take a martz bus ( local bus co )    Or if I fly to shitcago to see my Dad,  I take a van gelder bus up to Rockford from the airport. 
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Watch out for your cornhole????
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
In the 1960s, my mother and I would take the Greyhound from Temple, TX, to Garnett and Iola, KS.

I was very young when we first did this and I was probably about 12 the last time.  I remember the Dallas bus depot stank of diesel fumes.  I remember stopping in Durant, OK, where there was a collection of nickelodeons next to the station which had a real greasy spoon of a diner.

During one trip out in the middle of nowhere, OK, I remember seeing a bull mounting a cow and asked my mom about it.  She told me that the cow was helping the other one have a baby.  In spite of being the 9th of 16 children, mom was a bit prudish.

Suddenly, it is 50 years later.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 3:45:23 AM EDT
[#4]
i have yet to travel on a ghetto jet
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 4:07:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Took a greyhound bus back and forth a few times between my first duty station and my parents house. Its about a 5 hour drive or a 13 hour bus ride including stops and a layover.

The bus was bad enough but the layover at the main hub was terrible. Lots of BS but the worst thing that I can remember was the time that a bum snuck a hug on me after I gave him a dollar. He smelled like booze, sweat and piss so after he hugged me, I now smelled like booze, sweat and piss...
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 4:32:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The smell of the BO alone has been known to be fatal to many.

Dibs on OP's guns and ammo.

Link Posted: 11/2/2017 4:43:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Traveled with my brother on one from CT to WI and back, never again. The stop in Chicago was the sketchiest place I've ever been. 
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top