Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/9/2022 10:48:03 PM EDT
Single and already have children.

I need to get a Vasectomy.  

How did it go? Really?  No blue balls(from what I'm reading)....sounds too good to be true.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sucked somewhat for a day or so, then was just mildly annoying for another day or so.   No issues in the past 15 years, and no more kids either.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a thread quiet some time ago about this. It’s rare but some come out with complications with dull pains to sharp pains. I gotta get one in the near future but have held off due to my luck I’ll be the guy icing my nuts every night along with my foot that’s been slit open 5 times already bc of complications from a basic surgery.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#4]
No big deal.   Was cauterized not cut.   After survey pain was minimal.   Worst part was the needle.   However nerves work I felt that up in my belly.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]

-Get it done.  
-Lay on the couch for 3 days with bags of frozen peas on your nuts.  
-Profit ?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah well I ended up in the ER on morphine drip after Doc cut the testicular artery.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Hurt for a few days.  Lots of ice on the balls, and DO NOT over do it.  When they say sit your ass down on the couch and stay there, they mean it.

The procedure wasn't bad.  Numbing was somewhat unpleasant.  During there were a couple points where it felt like my insides were being pulled out through the side of my nutsack- but it was overall a quick procedure.

10/10 would do again.  Shooting blanks is a wonderful thing.

Some guys say they have recurring terrible pain as a side effect, I can't say I've had much of that.  Occasionally I notice my nuts hurt but its not overpowering and goes away quickly.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No big deal.   Was cauterized not cut.   After survey pain was minimal.   Worst part was the needle.   However nerves work I felt that up in my belly.
View Quote

Thats a good way to describe what I talked about in my post.  Felt like I was Mel Gibson in the final scene of Braveheart
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s no guarantee……
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#10]
It was the best $100 I ever spent. $50 copay for the initial consult and $50 copay for the actual procedure. No more worries about "oops".

The doctor numbed my scrotum with a local anesthetic. This was the most painful part as there is a needle going into your sac. Fortunately the anesthetic kicked in after like 1sec and I felt nothing. The actual procedure involved some sharp pointy scissors that puncture a tiny hole in the skin and stretch it out. Snip snip and he capped off the tubes with some metal clips. Day 1 had the worst pain, but some ice packs helped. After 3 days, I felt almost normal. Occasionally when I would walk it felt like someone was flicking my balls. After two weeks everything felt 100% normal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah well I ended up in the ER on morphine drip after Doc cut the testicular artery.
View Quote

I'm chicken , this doesn't help
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#12]
It was a piece of cake and the best money I’ve ever spent.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I asked here a while back.  I'm nervous about fucking up a good thing.  I've read too many stories about guys that have long term issues/pain/etc.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Be first appointment that day. The docs do them all on the same day usually, and you’ll be in a waiting room with nervous guys, especially if an asshole like me shuffles out after his procedure and pretends he’s in a ton of pain. I know some guys chickened out after seeing me.

FOLLOW THE DOCTOR’S post-op instructions, I felt fine the next day, and I would have been up and about if I hadn’t known better. A couple of years before, my neighbor got shipped and he felt fine the next day too. So he chased his push mower around the yard and promptly ended up in the ER with two giant, swollen, blood filled nuts.

Mine was painless but for the first needle. After that, in and out.

Had mine done about 15yrs ago
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#15]
It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected. The procedure didn't hurt, just pressure. The pain was just tenderness.

Just be sure to wear snug briefs (not boxers) for support for a few days and maybe even a jock strap for the first 2 days.

I did it on a Thursday afternoon and was at work on Monday. And mostly lived my life normally over my long weekend. No big deal.

Eta, be sure you bring the briefs and strap to the appointment. You'll need them when you leave.

And it's wise to play it cool and not try to lift anything and spend a lot of time on the couch etc. Not bc it hurts but bc you need to let it heal. I only used an ice pack on the day of surgery. Didn't need it the next day.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I had it done several years ago. Not much to report, I had some bruising but it was nothing much worth mentioning. I think I had it done on a Thursday and was back to work on Monday.

Omg what a life changing experience though. No more worries about pregnancy. It took me a little while to  really appreciate what life was going to be like moving forward.

If it's something you want to do, just do it. It will most likely be a very mild experience.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Serious question.

Presbyterian Medical in Allen?

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Took a valium.on the way in, balls feel like they are in a vice for a brief time then it's not too bad.

Make sure you plan for 3 days of not doing anything.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I did the procedure without meds, except the local.
I also took one vicodin post procedure.

I sat around on the couch for 2 days before my wife started bitching about some yard work that needed to be done (she can't stand it when I am loafing around).
I ended up splitting the stitches while emptying a kid pool.
That stung a bit.   But it healed decently.

I'm 11 or 12 years out from the procedure.   No issues.   My manly essence is of the same volume and consistency.    Basically no change besides the baby makers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#20]
My procedure suckeddddddd but healed quickly. It's worth it if you are 100% done kids.

Know that they can heal on their own and % wise it's kinda higher than one would expect.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Imagine you know all about D-Day, and the Gestapo have 90 minutes to make you talk.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My procedure suckeddddddd but healed quickly. It's worth it if you are 100% done kids.

Know that they can heal on their own and % wise it's kinda higher than one would expect.
View Quote

My Dr said he removes a little extra to reduce the risk of it growing back.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Feels like they're pulling your guts out your ball sack. Mine hurt like hell.
Good luck
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Doc didn't numb me enough before starting. That hurt.
Went back to work 2 days later, got assigned to a fire, worked 18 days straight 16-24hr days. That hurt a lot.
First time trying Jr out after the snip was right at the 5 week mark, Doc told me to wait 6 weeks. Should have waited 7 weeks. That hurt for days.
I still have some pain, 2 years later, when I nut. Not a lot, but enough to notice it. Dont be an idiot like me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My Dr said he removes a little extra to reduce the risk of it growing back.
View Quote

At the time, my doc claimed that he had done 1800 procedures and hadn’t heard of anyone having them “grow back.”

He snipped, cauterized and tied each end back on itself. They aren’t growing back together.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I wasn't a fan, felt just about every tug and the puncture. Post procedure sucked and I couldn't rest on the couch as I had young ones to take care of and chores to do. Stitches popped after the 2nd day leaving a half sewn up weeping hole in my bag. Went into work a few days later with lots of gauze pads. No way I was going back as the popped stitches were all my fault.

After all said and done it was definitely worth it
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, I’m one who wakes up in surgery, so take that into account.
But… the fucking meds wore off halfway through and I could feel Doc snipping. No bullshit.

Tears running from my eyes. He gave me some take home Vicodin, went home and did the frozen peas on the balls thing.
Had it done on Dec. 30, gotta get it in before that copay resets… Next day got up and went down to the TV room, put the foot up on the recliner, and a bag of frozen peas on my crotch.

Wife brought me home a bottle of Scotch, so I took a couple Vicodin and washed it down with Glenfiddich 21 and watched college football.
Then everything was good. Healed up fine and moved on.

First time we messed around, I got blood coming out, a little shocking. Could be we rushed it though.
Some reason Wifey thought me getting fixed instead of her was reason for amor… not that I complained.

Overall, a good thing though the procedure could have gone better. But I’m used to it, have woken up
In surgery twice, had the anesthesia wear off in the middle of a root canal (sucked!!), and was awake for most of my colonoscopy last November. It is what it is.

If you don’t have my issues then you should have no issues. Make sure your SO ‘feels your pain.’ One legit time to get some sympathy feels.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I got snipped because I didn't want kids anymore, but when I got home, they were still there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Had needless/scalpeless.  

Air injected lidocaine, first one felt like some snapped your sack with a rubber band, after that first one no big deal, one small midline opening made with sharped pointed instrument.  Vas pulled to midline, cut a segment, cauterized, and ends place back in separated tissue planes, no chance of them growing back together.  Right went easy, left felt a good tug and requested more numbing. There are no stitches with needless/scapless.  It is such a small opening it pretty much seals itself.

I'm a paramedic and see and do lots of stuff but get dizzy thinking about having procedures done on myself.  Asked for and given 1mg of lorazepam to take before procedure.

Numbing wore off about the time I got home, took 2 hydrocodone, iced with frozen peas.  Laying flat with ice felt good and did that for 48 hours,  took x1 hydrocodone each night before bed.  After 48 hrs, just felt sore for another week. No problems after the soreness wore off or since.  Just the x4 hydrocodone in the first 48 hours, after that took some ibuprofen if it was getting sore.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Pay very close attention to the potential bad outcomes, I'm not talking about it not working and you are still fertile.

There are members on here who has negative outcomes that range from minor to "it hurts like hell after I ejaculate."
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I had a buddy that walked funny for two weeks. I was tender for a day, and ran four miles three days later. My buddy hated my guts.

ETA some of these stories are decades old. Medicine has come a long way. Mine was in 2019, and I was out in 15 minutes with no pain in the procedure and almost nothing felt after. No pregnancy since then, either.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#32]
You'll get more value out of milking the shit out of it than you will suffer from any pain.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#33]
They tape your dick to your stomach.  Worse part of the whole procedure was when they took the tape off.

I felt fine afterward.  I could have gone back to work.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#34]
I had random "kicked in the nuts" type pains for about a year but after that all good.  It wasn't all the time but a few times per months.

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:18:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Lots of folks will tell you horror stories.

I had a bloody mary after and chilled on the couch. Wife brought me beers all weekend.

I swear to God the next morning I felt pretty good, when the wife woke up I actually had to play it up a bit so she'd keep bringing me beers lol.

Took it for a test ride the next day. No issues, but I wouldn't recommend because obviously the pipes weren't clear yet.

The "boys" were a little sensitive when I'd ride my mountain bike for about 6 months. Absolutely no issues at this point though, been about 5 years.

It was one of the most relaxing weekends of my life honestly. Hardest part was praying I didn't get a boner when the nurse was taping it to my stomach lol.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Need a Vasectomy forum
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I got snipped because I didn't want kids anymore, but when I got home, they were still there.
View Quote

Now that was funny, thank you.

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:33:59 AM EDT
[#38]
I got one, went fine. I don't know anyone who had complications.

No impact on performance. You can't tell the difference.

At middle age like me, women love it when guys get snipped.

You don't want any mistakes, and its much less risky for the man to get it done if you are married.

You will get laid more if you get it done.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Weapons free all the time?  Fuck yeah!

And she has to milk the last remaining outta you to ensure you're firing blanks.

Win win!
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#40]
The ex and I had discussed it at length and spoken to a local doctor about the procedure.

Post 9-11 I was on a Noble Eagle mobilization and posted Downstate. I realized that one of the procedures that Uncle Sam would cover 100% was the snip. Made an appointment and had a couple of appointments with a female doc at West Point.

Come the day of the procedure I don't get the female doc I'd been speaking to but a male doc I hadn't seen before. Other than the obvious bait and switch issue, he walks in, cracks a joke that he'd just gotten back from a year long overseas deployment and wasn't sure if he remembered how to do the procedure. Haha, I figured.

The guy got down to business and was pretty efficient. In and out and done.

Couple of days of quarters over the weekend accompanied by frozen peas that weren't much good and a stash of DVDs from the local Blockbuster that I'd rented in anticipation of being immobilized for the duration and I was back to work the next Monday with no ill effects.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Nearing 67 YO, with 3 ex wives and ZERO kids, I think I can pass at this point. Good luck with your decision!
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:16:34 AM EDT
[#42]
I have no idea why men go through with that when women lose the ability naturally.

Seems like a high risk situation with all of the pain and horror stories.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:54:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Single and already have children.

I need to get a Vasectomy.  

How did it go? Really?  No blue balls(from what I'm reading)....sounds too good to be true.

View Quote

I think we've done this at least twice so far this week.  Try the search.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:00:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Procedure was fine, took it easy with frozen peas on the boys. For about 6 months it was like midget followed me around and randomly flicked my nuts. It was never consistent that I could brace for. If I don’t work the plumbing regularly there can be swelling even 7 years later…. Still would do it again not to have to worry about having another kid. Three girls was enough for me??
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:15:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have no idea why men go through with that when women lose the ability naturally.

Seems like a high risk situation with all of the pain and horror stories.
View Quote
Because a tubal ligation is a significant abdominal surgery for women, requiring anesthesia, the operating room, etc.

As compared to men who can have this done in the office with local anesthesia. Both are low risk procedures, but a vasectomy is an order of magnitude lower risk.

And women's fertility varies quite a bit from woman to woman. For example, the 45 year old woman I saw in the ER who came in with nausea and abdominal pain. When I did her ultrasound, she was approximately 20 weeks pregnant. To say she was a little surprised and unhappy about things would be an understatement.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I actually have had two of them.

Got my first after having two kids with my first wife. Got divorced a few years later.

Met and married my second wife, who is 13 years younger. Had my visectomey reversed and had two more kids.

I ended up getting my second visectomey so my wife could get off birth control.

No issues with any of the procedures.

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Wife and I decided to unload the gun rather than continue to shoot at a bulletproof vest.

No concerns, no bleeding, no meds, no pain. Drank six Murphy's Stouts and went to a work-league softball game that night. Sat on the bench drinking and insulting my colleagues.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It’s no guarantee……
View Quote

typically now they have you supply samples before giving you the all clear. I did it a decade ago and did a recheck after about 7 years. fairly easy to spot if there are sperm in not.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#49]
A lot of divorced women asked their husband to get fixed about a year before bailing out.  No data other than my personal observations.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Serious question.

Semper Fi
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question.

Semper Fi

No, well respected urologist in Houston that pioneered some fancy directed radiation prostate cancer treatment.  He had a bout with Bell's Palsy that day and didn't realize what it was but decided "fuck it..I'll cut on someone's nads anyway!" This was right after medical malpractice tort reform in Texas and I couldn't get a liar to take the case, despite longer term issues with varicocel and pain.  On the bright side, TRT made the boys shrink up which has alleviated most of the pain.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top