Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:37:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Josh Cellars cab is what's up
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:44:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LULZ

even with all the millionaires on this board, not many have had Latour. You ain't buying a case unless you get lucky AF, and have a hook up(current release).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pick up a case or two of this.  If you don't like it I'll be happy to pay you 1/2 price:

http://i.imgur.com/RTVi3qMl.jpg

LULZ

even with all the millionaires on this board, not many have had Latour. You ain't buying a case unless you get lucky AF, and have a hook up(current release).

True,..I have. From Late 80’s, 90’s. A shit ton..At least 2 cases probably closer to 4-5. Along with Romanee Conti-la Tache. Others.
That’s good shit ! I can’t remember them all. Away from it a few years.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:04:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You will never “get into” wine unless it’s rated.
It makes a huge difference. There is a reason the are so few wines that get a 100 point rating.
Yes.. absolutely it is subjective.
However, the disparity between the top 10%ish and everything else is mind blowing. Espically that last 3%-4%.

I never acquired the taste buds to really appreciate the subtle nuances at the upper 2% or so of wines, and I was given the opportunity to drink some of the most revered wine on the planet on a regular basis for several years. Some of it..Crazy shit...that now sells for $20k+ a bottle.
Matter of fact. My wine benefactor recently noted to someone else that he and I Personally drank over a million dollars in wine @ today’s prices. Over a 13 year period At the time it was only several hundred to a few thousand a bottle. He had at one time 12k bottles of the top 4% one could acquire.

So..what did learn from what you might think is a huge wine snob ?
First and foremost. Drink what you like. Fuck what everyone else says. You like it. Enjoy it.
Fine wine is a journey all it’s own with many roads.
True wine snobs never fuck up spectacular wine with food. You sit around a discuss the subtle changes as it changes Over the next couple hours into something completely different than what you started with.

Wine and food:
fuck everyone. Drink what you like.
Only one generalization...strong food=strong wine. Light food=light wine. One should never over power the other. Unless you like it that way !

Get a couple books on the nuances Of wine that has the taste wheel In it for a reference and Move up and down the quality scale. It will take awhile but all of a sudden it will click and you will start to notice the changes as the wine warms up and oxidises.

Best wishes. It’s an interesting journey.
View Quote

^^^This feller. ^^^

Toast to you!
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Wine is for liberals
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Ask here...

Wine Forum
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought I would update my first wine run since starting this thread.  Thanks for the suggestions and I'll keep learning and working through them.  I actually found a local shop and the woman running it seemed to know her stuff.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#8]
You could have done much worse. I like the Apothic, but there is red blend that is lighter I like better... can’t remember the name... Crush! Apothic Crush.

That Mina a Trois is good and is my wife’s favorite wine (I’m lucky she likes cheap wine!). For one with a smoother finish, try the Silk. It’s easier for me to drink. I like it better, but my wife likes the one you have better.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]
The Stella rose was good.  I don't care much for the apothic.  To me instead of good wine it tastes like cheap whiskey.  At 15.9% it makes a okay mixer.  I mixed it with coke and it works surprisingly okay.  I'll get into the last bottle later this week.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Stella rose was good.  I don't care much for the apothic.  To me instead of good wine it tastes like cheap whiskey.  At 15.9% it makes a okay mixer.  I mixed it with coke and it works surprisingly okay.  I'll get into the last bottle later this week.
View Quote

Yeah, I haven't tried it but I don't think I'd enjoy Apothic Inferno either.
But for the lessor expensive wines you might try a couple of the other Apothic offerings - some people like them others do not.
And you might like Carnivor Zinfandel for a dark red wine.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This has got to be trolling.
Wild irish rose?
Mixing with coke?

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yup,

Lived down that dirt road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best wine I ever had was made by Creole Williams

Yup,

Lived down that dirt road.

He made wine like nobody I know
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

But for the lessor expensive wines you might try a couple of the other Apothic offerings - some people like them others do not.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20962/Wine_jpg-1472759.JPG
View Quote
@AZ_Sky thanks for the suggestions, I will work my way to them.

@Names-arealltaken try tasting the stuff then see if I'm trolling.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20962/Wine_jpg-1472759.JPG

I like the Apothic Crush is better than the Inferno. I like my wine to not taste like an ash tray.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Alright that Apothic Crush is not bad.
And I treid Robert Mondavi private selection
Pinot Grigio.
Which I think would go with something.
It was $15 a bottle but I prolly got robbed.

Also noticed something else, there might be a point to that snobby let it breath thing.
After uncorking and being sampled, wines taste better to me after being put back in the fridge for a few days.
I even upgraded my usual solo cup for a pint jar.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 12:28:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Not a wine guy, but I grabbed a bottle of Forks of Cheat blackberry wine at Walmart.  Pretty good stuff and about $10 per bottle.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top