Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I do a 50yd zero on non-magnified optics and irons.

This has been a great discussion, and it's very academic, but the reality is that your zero should be based on your terrain, targets, and how well you/your ammo/your rifle shoot.  We tend to forget about that last part a little bit.  

Can you estimate your range accurately enough to figure out your hold over/under?  Are you a capable enough marksman to estimate the target size in relation to reticle enough to place your hold over/under?  For me, that's one reason I like the 50.  It's a little more forgiving to the shooter, and you have to think about less stuff while you're busy dealing with the zombie hordes/incompetent range bros/Fudd RSOs.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a great target to have when trying to see how your zero works at different ranges. Pic was take from Molon’s AR15 Zeros and Trajectories post.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 3:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm with Chase on this, exactly.

50yd irons
100yd Optic
25yds PCC
View Quote
Same here
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top