User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Things will get sporty when transactions finally start coming from the Satoshi wallet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tesla stock can only be saved by actually generating sales and profits or the expectation of sales and profits that justifies it's price.

Bitcoin is another matter.  Nobody truly knows what fundamentals to measure a cryptocurrency by at this point and probably won't for a matter of years.  Bitcoin will take care of itself or it won't.

Things will get sporty when transactions finally start coming from the Satoshi wallet.

He is dead. His only surviving family member is trying to find a way to access the wallet but no luck so far, obviously.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]
My guess its dropping (outside market struggling last week ot so) is because lots of manufacturers are really jumping into the game. Plus factor in Tesla's financials havent been great. They hadn't turned a profit until recently and if I recall it was largely the result of selling carbon credits to other manufacturers. They have made a lot of money selling those credits.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've done several 1100 mile straight through trips over the last 2 years, my stops are literally 3-5 minutes, the time it takes to fill the tank and maybe piss.

I have no interest in sitting on my ass at a station going nowhere for 15-60 minutes charging.

With that said, I think and EV would be great for commuting if you can charge at home. I just would use my other vehicle for trips.

When I moved from WI to TX I drove 1400 miles straight through in 21.5 hours. No fucking around. I want the ability to do that in my vehicles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I typically do a lot more road trips then most people I know multiple times a year that are in the 600-700 mile range. Depending on my vehicle that's typically going to be 1-2 fuel stops and typically 2-3 total stops for bio break and/or food which I try to blend in with a fuel top-off so typically 2 stops if traffic and timing works out good but sometimes 3-4 total.

The software in the better EV's make it fairly easy to plan around stops like that to locate a charging station you can plug into while you go to the bathroom, stretch, grab some food, bang a hooker behind a wendys dumpster, etc. That doesn't take into account you can also use a combination of apps and google maps or waze to plan too if you're doing it with something on the lower end of the EV market. Charging availability has come A LONG WAY since even 3-4 years ago for making long distance traveling convenient for EVs.

I've done several 1100 mile straight through trips over the last 2 years, my stops are literally 3-5 minutes, the time it takes to fill the tank and maybe piss.

I have no interest in sitting on my ass at a station going nowhere for 15-60 minutes charging.

With that said, I think and EV would be great for commuting if you can charge at home. I just would use my other vehicle for trips.

When I moved from WI to TX I drove 1400 miles straight through in 21.5 hours. No fucking around. I want the ability to do that in my vehicles.

The number of people who would ever even want to do 1,100 miles straight through is so small the need won't change the market in the slightest.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:32:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lol this shit will never run out of fools

And I  drive an electric car, not a Tesla. Wasn't impressed with them. They appear to be built by blind children from the ones I have looked at

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure you're thinking in percentage terms.

Fwiw, TSLA may well be a great and successful company, however, it's in a huge bubble built on speculation and momentum.  

When something is priced by the bigger fool theory, eventually you run out of fools.
Lol this shit will never run out of fools

And I  drive an electric car, not a Tesla. Wasn't impressed with them. They appear to be built by blind children from the ones I have looked at

I looked at the frame and suspension in their store at SFO.   Very unimpressed.   The castings looked porous and unfinished.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:37:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Meh i'll panic when it hits 300
View Quote

Why would you Panic?   You haven't lost anything until you sell.

You know they went through a 5/1 split recently, yes?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top