Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 8/24/2017 8:08:16 PM EDT
While I think it is a dick move to " gouge" when people are in need, it is capitalism and these storms have been predicted for WEEKS. If you're not prepped at this point its your own damn fault. You could have Amazon primed yourself a generator on Monday and had it by now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, selling gasoline for seven dollars a gallon while people are trying to evacuate is capitalism.

It's also one of those things that results in a breakdown of societal order very quickly and has people floating around in the gulf with a gunshot wound to the back of the head.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, selling gasoline for seven dollars a gallon while people are trying to evacuate is capitalism.

It's also one of those things that results in a breakdown of societal order very quickly and has people floating around in the gulf with a gunshot wound to the back of the head.
View Quote
InB4 Wai u ha8 capitalism
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#3]
$20 says the same laws are on the books in OP's state...

eta- this storm hasn't been around for "weeks"... it was predicted to die over the Yucatán 3 days ago...
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
This..

People were going nuts over plywood at lowes when I stopped for screws.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
$20 says the same laws are on the books in OP's state...
View Quote
They proposed it once, failed miserably.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Once a state of emergency is declared don't price controls go into effect automatically?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This..

Here is what I wan't to know why are people waiting until NOW to prep. These storms have been projected for over 2 weeks hell there is a 10 day old thread on it here from that weather dude.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
While I think it is a dick move to " gouge" when people are in need, it is capitalism and these storms have been predicted for WEEKS. If you're not prepped at this point its your own damn fault. You could have Amazon primed yourself a generator on Monday and had it by now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351853/Capture-289289.JPG
View Quote

Yes people should have been well prepared by now and those that wait to the last minute should expect to pay a stupid tax in the form of higher prices but within reason.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, do you charge more for BJ's during a hurricane?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, lack of order and people buying up all the gas because it's artificially cheap so that there is none left for anyone gets people killed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#11]
My MIL was asking me today if Lowe's would have a generator that would run the AC on her 3,000sqft house. She didn't want to spend more than $1,000.

I told her to just stay with us.

ETA: Wrong thread
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They proposed it once, failed miserably.
View Quote
Since you won't say what state you are from.....I don't believe you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Once a state of emergency is declared don't price controls go into effect automatically?
View Quote
Pretty much every state is like that....
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#14]
The market decides the prices.

"Price gouging" is bullshit.

Stock up, plan ahead, or be subject to market fluctuations.

Supply becomes difficult in times of crisis, and there needs to be a financial incentive for people to provide services in a crisis.

Furthermore, it can help separate people who want from people who need.

Snow shovels cost more in winter than summer.

When flights are canceled, rental cars cost more.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, lack of order and people buying up all the gas because it's artificially cheap so that there is none left for anyone gets people killed.
View Quote
Thank you. Yes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh look. A shit talk TX thread.
OP is intelligent and has valuable insight to offer.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Here is what I wan't to know why are people waiting until NOW to prep. These storms have been projected for over 2 weeks hell there is a 10 day old thread on it here from that weather dude.
View Quote
I have about 200L of water stocked up and about 30 or so pounds of charcoal... and plenty of dry non perishable food I am riding this out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Whenever the gulf has a storm and Texas starts their fucking crying bullshit over nothing.... Our gas goes up to like $4 a gallon. SO YES him calling these lying fucks on out on their bullshit it's more than warranted.

Like they think everyone is so fucking stupid that we dont know we produce more than we use and buy a ton while exporting texas oil on the cheap. We see Opec's press releases saying the US is letting out tankers sit for weeks and we are at 20% production. <Removed -40xb> Maybe you should idk open a fucking newspaper?

If that storm hits and Texas pulls its normal crying ass bullshit my profits will be FUCKED for the fall season. So will thousands of other commercial fisherman. Are you going to feed my fucking family when I lose 5+ grand a month plus normal over head?  What about all the trucking in this country? Every you buy is moved by truck. tens of thousands of trucks....  

Sorry for the rant but people like you make me want to punch myself in the face. You will probably be the first one to complain that the milk you feed your crotch fruit doubled in price yet have not a fucking clue why.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#19]
He's probably still bitter after shopping CTD.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whenever the gulf has a storm and Texas starts their fucking crying bullshit over nothing.... Our gas goes up to like $4 a gallon. SO YES him calling these lying fucks on out on their bullshit it's more than warranted.

Like they think everyone is so fucking stupid that we dont know we produce more than we use and buy a ton while exporting texas oil on the cheap. We see Opec's press releases saying the US is letting out tankers sit for weeks and we are at 20% production. So before you decide to get your tranny gash in a bunch. Maybe you should idk open a fucking newspaper?

If that storm hits and Texas pulls its normal crying ass bullshit my profits will be FUCKED for the fall season. So will thousands of other commercial fisherman. Are you going to feed my fucking family when I lose 5+ grand a month plus normal over head?  What about all the trucking in this country? Every you buy is moved by truck. tens of thousands of trucks....  

Sorry for the rant but people like you make me want to punch myself in the face. You will probably be the first one to complain that the milk you feed your crotch fruit doubled in price yet have not a fucking clue why.
View Quote
Lol.. truckers love themselves...
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes and "muh capitalism" explains why the Constitution doesn't give the government any power whatsoever to regulate trade and the Texas State Legislature was completely overstepping its lawful authority by passing measures to avoid price gouging during emergencies
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Like they think everyone is so fucking stupid that we dont know we produce more than we use and buy a ton while exporting texas oil on the cheap. We see Opec's press releases saying the US is letting out tankers sit for weeks and we are at 20% production. So before you decide to get your tranny gash in a bunch. Maybe you should idk open a fucking newspaper?

View Quote
LOL, make you're own gas and quit buying ours <Removed -40xb>
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The market decides the prices.

"Price gouging" is bullshit.

Stock up, plan ahead, or be subject to market fluctuations.

Supply becomes difficult in times of crisis, and there needs to be a financial incentive for people to provide services in a crisis.

Furthermore, it can help separate people who want from people who need.

Snow shovels cost more in winter than summer.

When flights are canceled, rental cars cost more.
View Quote
Absolutely this. 

Also, for good measure...

"Bread & Milk" -THE ORIGINAL VIDEO- vicdibitetto.net
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is this a copypasta? Has to be a copypasta.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am an Alaskan Resident currently living in Indiana. Alaska tried to pass it in 2008 when our gas prices were at damn near $7 per gallon in the cities but it failed. Indiana only has a law against the "gouging" of fuel only during a state of emergency, but again that doesn't limit gouging on food or other supplies just fuel.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Gougers are a breed that deserve anal rape by Lucille.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More so on emergency essentials, not buying a new Vortex Razor Gen. 2 sniper scope.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Gougers are a breed that deserve anal rape by Lucille.
View Quote
And morons that don't prep when they are told exactly what is coming deserve what?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
<Removed -40xb> When all the refineries shut down for a week it drives up prices. maybe you should build some refineries up there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
He's probably still bitter after shopping CTD.
View Quote
aww, poor little guy thinks his state is free.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL.

Good luck with your centrally planned shortage goals of 2017.

Price "gouging" simply enables people who actually need a resource to buy it. The market price for many things goes up during storms. If prices remain the same it results in a shortage. Higher prices mean people who actually need something can still get it.

Supply and Demand, not even once. Stay "free" Texas.

Georgia has a similar retard law unfortunately 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351853/Capture-289289.JPG
View Quote

Sooooo . . . . which state in the union are you from . . . that you're  afraid to provide a link to  .  .  .  <Removed -40xb>  ? ? ?

ETA : 're
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ZhAS7TA.jpg
View Quote
That's funny, I have a place in both states. Alaska is definitely bigger, and definitely infused with more liberals and social parasites expressed as a percentage of the population.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sooooo . . . . which state in the union are you from . . . that you afraid to provide a link to  .  .  .  <Removed -40xb>   ? ? ?

View Quote
Texans are the most butt hurt people in the entire world.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Should've planned ahead, right?

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

...people like you make me want to punch myself in the face.
View Quote
Go ahead.
No really, go ahead.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And morons that don't prep when they are told exactly what is coming deserve what?
View Quote
Been through many hurricanes in Indiana, have you? Didn't think so.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow. Talk about crying.

Texas doesn't cause this. It's just every Jekyll needs a Hyde to blame the business on, huh?

Not everyone can afford to prep for generators and extra gasoline etc. that due to natures whims, they may not need.

Yeah, a potentially deadly storm is threatening part of our nation. Let's blame whatever state is in the path, because is "oh no, my gas prices" yet some here can buy enough to damn near buy out a Lowes and Walmart..

Way to rally.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Another "conservative" protecting "free market principles" except when pushing bullshit can score some extra political points from people that don't know any better . . .
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ZhAS7TA.jpg
View Quote
lol, that's pretty funny.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, but been through a 18 day power outage in the middle of winter when it was -30 through -50 for all 18 damn days. I was fine, many people were fucked. I had 1,000 gallons of heating oil, generator and about 18 cord of wood.  

We do get a shitload of tornados near my house in Indiana tho and its the same shit. Tards who don't prep are flapping in the wind when the power is out for days.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nope, but been through a 18 day power outage in the middle of winter when it was -30 through -50 for all 18 damn days. I was fine, many people were fucked. I had 1,000 gallons of heating oil, generator and about 18 cord of wood.

We do get a shitload of tornados near my house in Indiana tho and its the same shit. Tards who don't prep are flapping in the wind when the power is out for days.
View Quote
How exactly do you expect the average schmoe to prep for a couple feet of water in his house?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#43]
I honestly believe you have to be born here to understand.You can move here from wtf ever,
and still not be a Texan.

So much jealousy just proves my point.
Proud 5th generation Texan.

So, resume your bullshit,it don't mean nothin.........
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I am an Alaskan Resident currently living in Indiana. Alaska tried to pass it in 2008 when our gas prices were at damn near $7 per gallon in the cities but it failed. Indiana only has a law against the "gouging" of fuel only during a state of emergency, but again that doesn't limit gouging on food or other supplies just fuel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So. You're an Indiana resident. lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Winter springs up suddenly in a matter of hours?? Damn, that must suck for those poor people not being able to prep for winter.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
LOL.

Price "gouging" simply enables people who actually need a resource to buy it. The market price for many things goes up during storms. If prices remain the same it results in a shortage. Higher prices mean people who actually need something can still get it.

View Quote
Exactly.

Have to find the story of the guy in Kentucky who (after a hurricane in Texas) decided to buy a bunch of generators in KY, drive down to TX and sell them at a 50% markup.

People with a clue call that free enterprise and filling a need.   The cops called it "gouging" and arrested him.    

Retarded.  And I'll bet that attorney general calls himself "conservative".  This kind of thing among many others is why that term is now purely marketing bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#47]
You're a piece of shit if you take advantage of people during an emergency situation.  You are a step below .22lr neckbeards.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Winter springs up suddenly in a matter of hours?? Damn, that must suck for those poor people not being able to prep for winter.

View Quote
No, but people generally expect to have reliable power. And even that most only prep for a day or two outage. Most places don't have a secondary heat source and you need electric to run your boiler/heaters etc.

Surely you're just being obtuse.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Exactly.

Have to find the story of the guy in Kentucky who (after a hurricane in Texas) decided to buy a bunch of generators in KY, drive down to TX and sell them at a 50% markup.

People with a clue call that free enterprise and filling a need.   The cops called it "gouging" and arrested him.    

Retarded.  And I'll bet that attorney general calls himself "conservative".  This kind of thing among many others is why that term is now purely marketing bullshit.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.

Exactly.

Be sure and let that guy up there who is crying about fuel prices going up know that.

Free market, supply and demand and all that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhh, no I am an Alaska resident. With Alaska drivers license and a house in Alaska. I am here on a 5 year development project that is wrapping up in the next few months.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top