Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That video confirmed some of my suspicions about Texas.
1.  That Texas is mostly a dry, arid place.  Very few , if any, trees.
2.  They all don’t wear those big ass dinner plate belt buckles.  
3.  I didn’t see anyone carrying a western holster with a Colt .45
4.  No one riding a horse.  For parades only.
5.  No cows.  Florida probably grows more cows than Texas.  He’ll, Georgia probably grows more cows than Texas.
6.  No one wear cowboy hats.  They are only worn when they can impress the unknowing.
7.  Taste in music sucks.  I didn’t hear one song in the background from Urban Cowboy.  

I only watched about 10 minutes of the video.  I guess if I watched the whole thing, my perception might be changed.
View Quote

Depends where you are in the state.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5.  No cows.  Florida probably grows more cows than Texas.  He’ll, Georgia probably grows more cows than Texas.
6.  No one wear cowboy hats.  They are only worn when they can impress the unknowing.
7.  Taste in music sucks.  I didn’t hear one song in the background from Urban Cowboy.  

I only watched about 10 minutes of the video.  I guess if I watched the whole thing, my perception might be changed.

yep.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

you may be right, but she said she's headed to alaska. if that means she stays in the western states and western canada, she may very well avoid the commie assholes from Not America.

Poland, where she said she's from, is a positive nation in europe. one of the few that still understands freedom, maybe even better than most of this country. being under commie oppression in living memory likely has lots to do with that. i'd hope that she'll be going back and telling everyone on Poland that America isnt dead, it just isnt what they see on the news and the old map no longer applies, we just havent worked out redrawing it yet

View Quote

If you look at related videos, she answers some questions about herself.

She is from, and grew up in Poland, but then married and worked at a job (I am guessing EU) between London and Brussels.
She got fed up of both, dumped both, and began her globe-trotting lifestyle.

I don't know if she sees Poland as home ... although the Land Rover registration is Polish.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The vehicle is cornerstone of modern life in Texas. My house in Texas is closer to Chicago and Atlanta than El Paso.
View Quote

That is crazy to think about it that way.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I think she is a hippie communist, really, She goes barefoot every where she can as well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s not fun to walk around SA when it’s 105’ outside. (That’s 40.55 for the foreigners)
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The vehicle is cornerstone of modern life in Texas. My house in Texas is closer to Chicago and Atlanta than El Paso.
View Quote

Well, I can tell you your house is not in Houston as what you said would be untrue
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]
The driving distance across Texas is just a hair shy of the driving distance from Warsaw to Paris.  Fuck yes we're built around cars, because before that everything was a 3-day trip by horse to the nearest train station.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Texas #1 for cows.  And FL ain’t even in the top 10.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/us-states-with-the-most-cattle.html
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For all the butt hurt Texans out there, this was a joke. You let Florida man’s brother, Georgia man, get under your skin!
View Quote

Nobody is "butt hurt" we're just helping you not be quite as dumb as you were when you got up this morning.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Texas is a horrible place, it fucking sucks.  Its really bad so don't even come here, go to another friendlier state like new york or somewhere.  Its too hot and too many bugs and animals and everyone owns guns.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Texas is a horrible place, it fucking sucks.  Its really bad so don't even come here, go to another friendlier state like new york or somewhere.  Its too hot and too many bugs and animals and everyone owns guns.
View Quote

Tone it down a bit ... I am trying to persuade all the BLM/Antifa types here that they really need to move to TX to civilize the place!
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is all correct. It's terrible here. So hot. No shade.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice good looking thin Polish National vs American ham beast working in the restaurant.
View Quote

I've noticed a stark difference in body composition between folks in Houston and those in New York City, for example.  Cities with people that walk stay skinny.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This video is worth watching.
View Quote
I doubt that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#18]
this is rich.

elements of Special Forces Command and some in NATO call Poland "Texas East"
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I drove a 28' U-Haul (probably the oldest truck in the fleet) pulling a car trailer on the I-10 from state line to state line, felt like it took a week to get across.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nobody is "butt hurt" we're just helping you not be quite as dumb as you were when you got up this morning.
View Quote

My wife would tell you you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Texas SUCKS SWEATY BALLS

don't come here, it's HORRIBLE...

STAY AWAY...

there are snakes, stickers, stingers, hogs and rabid cougers and giant tarantulas.
HUGE SPIDERS that will eat your accessory dog.....

BEWARE
View Quote
You forgot Chiggers
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#23]
She's cute, would plow.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@Lug1
View Quote
Saw the thread did not watch the video.

What should I comment on?

Texas has green piney woods, plains and prairie, hardwood forests, desert, and small mountains.  Oh and a coast line.  

No we don't walk everywhere.  Its big spread out and can get pretty hot.  

I like Texas, I respect anybodies right not to.  We all like different things.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ain't a damned thing wrong with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The first time I went to Texas everyone had always said "things are bigger in Texas."

What they really meant was "things are spread the hell out" and "enjoy your 4 hour drive one way" because a 4 hour drive is actually a quick jaunt in Texas terms.

Not saying there is, just an observation from a person who grew up nowhere near Texas.

Then I lived there for a while and got used to it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not saying there is, just an observation from a person who grew up nowhere near Texas.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The first time I went to Texas everyone had always said "things are bigger in Texas."

What they really meant was "things are spread the hell out" and "enjoy your 4 hour drive one way" because a 4 hour drive is actually a quick jaunt in Texas terms.

Wasn't saying you were, growing up in large states...it's the norm.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Texas has green piney woods, plains and prairie, hardwood forests, desert, and small mountains.  Oh and a coast line.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Lug1

its a nice vid.

but i watched some of her other vids and shes quite woke.  has a whole vid telling other white people of our privilege.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nice good looking thin Polish National vs American ham beast working in the restaurant.
View Quote

I noticed that too, she's spunky -  but I bet anti gun so not for me..
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Ever see an intersection for a split second and you know exactly where it is?  Ten seconds in, hit that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
its a nice vid.

but i watched some of her other vids and shes quite woke.  has a whole vid telling other white people of our privilege.
View Quote

I need to take a look at those videos to see exactly what you mean.

Now I am going to stir the pot ...

There is something to the concept of privilege.
You (I assume) and I were born and raised in a first world country, even more in countries at the top of the heap of first world countries.
We are, privileged by that when compared to (say) a black kid born and raised in an African slum with no education and job prospects.

You can argue with the word "privilege", but that is only because of the way that word has been abused.

Within those top of the heap first world countries, they were all created by white people. I am not going to argue as to why. It just is.
Within the (for example) US, black people started from a lower base than most whites, in addition, like it or not, acknowledge it or not, but there is some prejudice between different races. You can acknowledge it and try your best to overcome it. You can tell yourself that you are totally not affected - but in reality for almost everyone that is just not true.

So non-whites do have some latent prejudice to overcome. You, as a white person, are "privileged" to not have to overcome that - but you might have other latent prejudices to overcome - accent, hair color, weight, you name it.

Everyone has prejudices to overcome. I will MAYBE concede that black people have more vs white - unless you drop a white person in Africa, India or Japan - then things change.  

Asking people to be aware that they have some advantages due to nationality, accent, hair color, body form and, yes skin color, is reasonable.

The ridiculous lengths that some people take this to, and only pick on one aspect is less than helpful.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
2.  They all don't wear those big ass dinner plate belt buckles.  
3.  I didn't see anyone carrying a western holster with a Colt .45
5.  No cows.  Florida probably grows more cows than Texas.  He'll, Georgia probably grows more cows than Texas.
7.  Taste in music sucks.  I didn't hear one song in the background from Urban Cowboy.  

View Quote
She drove up west Texas, it is a different climate than a lot of the state.  You can define trees differently, no we don't have any super tall trees, but we have plenty of trees of a lot of different species.  The type will vary widely depending on the part of Texas you are in.

Dinner plate buckles are mostly for urban cowboys.  That said, there are always those who want to live the stereotype.  Probably about 10% of the rural kids around me do something Rodeo related (40% if you include livestock shows)- most only play dress up on show days, but some do try to live the stereotype.  My area was mostly post oak, but where it was once cleared then allowed to return to unimproved there is a lot of Mesquite, Yupon, and other trash trees).

Open carry is still fairly rare - it was against the law until a couple years ago. That law existed since reconstruction IIRC.

I know tons of people who ride horses.  Most ride recreationally, but 2 neighbors within a block of me (I live in town) still use horses to work cattle.  Hell, I can see 2 trailers outside my window right now, odds are there is a horse in one of them-and that is just one of those 2 neighbors.  If I drive from my home to the next town 20 miles to the West - I could probably count about 100 horses in fields.  That said, wild mustangs are not a Texas thing - we don't have Federal land so we don't have wild horses on Federal parks.  There are a few privately held herds as pasture ornaments.

West Texas is not cow country.  FWIW - I live in Lavaca county - that's spanish for cow.  If you get out of town, probably 95% of the land is in one way or another used for cattle.  That said, we can only run about 1 head per 10 acres - so it might not always look like the land is used for cattle.  Most of the open fields are used to grow hay for cattle - so even if there is no cattle on them, they are used for cattle.  Almost all planted crops (other than small gardens) are also planted for cattle.

Cowboy hats do have a place, but honestly there are cooler hats you can wear and we have more issues with heat than cold.  The cowboy hat you are thinking of is probably more designed for sun and cold than sun and hot.

Urban Cowboy is a city thing.  Sadly so is line dancing...
---
She chose her route to get a certain feel for Texas.  If she had been 2-4hrs more east it would have been completely different.  Understand that it takes at least 14hrs to drive East/West through Texas.  I think it would take about 12hrs to drive South to North.  But she did not even start at the Southern tip of Texas, she started somewhat west of that and stayed well west of center.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#32]
i cant get a state job...  been down that road.  i tested 100% and still wasn't good enough.   there's my fucking privilege
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I laughed at that way more than I should have!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I laughed at that way more than I should have!

Well it was pretty damn funny.  I half expected him to show up white on another day, but that was better.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think she is a hippie communist, really, She goes barefoot every where she can as well.
View Quote

But she only needs to in Texas, for she is standing on holy ground.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#35]

You start out driving at the east end of I-10.  You drive.  You drive some more.  You get tired and sleep.  Then you get up and drive some more.  FINALLY you're in Texas!  Four states down, four more to go!  Wait... what's this?  You have longer to go in TEXAS than you've gone so far?  NO!  But YES!
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is a good PSA

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i cant get a state job...  been down that road.  i tested 100% and still wasn't good enough.   there's my fucking privilege
View Quote

That is a good example of artificial privilege (or should that be anti-privilege?)
You don't want to associate with people like that anyway! :-)
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I made it through 10 seconds of her spinning around in circles in the RV park. Made me dizzy.

My point stands, if you don’t like it here, stay home. We are full anyway.
View Quote

I rather enjoy the company of grown women who still have a playful, adventurous spirit.

Also, she did nothing in the video to denigrate Texas. On the contrary.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s not just Texas. I’m constantly shocking people from back East with how big stuff is in the west.

My territory is bigger than PA, and MD, and NJ, and RI, and CT and NH, combined. And it’s all in one state. Blows their mind.  
I have accounts that are six hours drive one way. Dallas is closer to me than some of my accounts, lol.

Heck, my County is the size of RI… why the hell is RI even a state? Seriously? Little place gets two senators??? Shit…

Anyway, it’s why I laugh at the idea of EV’s. I can have fill up twice in a day fairly regularly.
Windshield time is just part of life. At least you can drive 75-80 most places.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

1 is absolutely wrong, East Texas is heavily wooded and timber is a huge industry
2 the only people who have ever worn them is people who won them, and they still do
3 you watch too much TV
4 see #3
5 cattle ranching is a huge industry in Texas, cattle are raised not grown
6 cowboy hats are a tool and a fashion accessory, the tool version is in fact the tiny minority
7 music comes in many varieties like assholes, if rap is your thing stay close to town
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Virtual fistbump.  (As someone getting shut down for a variety of baby-city and state attorney jobs.  Oh well, fuck 'em.)

It will continue until it is made to stop.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Texas is a great state to visit and move to!
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#44]
My voting precinct is the size of DC.  I think we have 8 that size in my County.  Texas has over 250 counties.  Texas is a bit shy of 3,000 x the size of DC.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I go barefoot every where I can too. And I aint no hippie communist

I thought her videos were pretty good.
I looked at the privilege one too (based on what country your passport is issued in and the stamps in your visa, color of your skin etc.) That is accurate all over the world, it is not a U.S./EU./ Caucasian person thing.
Try getting a visa for India if you have a stamp from Pakistan in your passport.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That is a good example of artificial privilege (or should that be anti-privilege?)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe most people would rationally agree with most of your points on privilege.

The problem is the pots been poisoned and, even according to you, there is no wrangling it back in. It’s been transformed from what you described into a reason to attack and “get back” at some perceived “power” that the color of your skin gives you. You have rich celebrity African Americans playing victim cards, black presidents playing victim cards, etc.

Penance is demanded for a white persons presence here….and it can never be made in full. The demand isn’t just “recognize you have privilege” anymore. Its “we must destroy anything that can help retain that privilege”, we must destroy what “gave” you that privilege (the decent values our society/country was founded on), and you must “pay back” the advantage of your privilege (what? How? To whom?).
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That is crazy to think about it that way.
View Quote

I live in Amarillo, in the panhandle.  I am closer to Santa Fe, Denver, Oklahoma City, Topeka, and maybe Lincoln than to Austin.  Road miles and driving time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Wanting to walk in Texas heat.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I need to take a look at those videos to see exactly what you mean.

Now I am going to stir the pot ...

There is something to the concept of privilege.
You (I assume) and I were born and raised in a first world country, even more in countries at the top of the heap of first world countries.
We are, privileged by that when compared to (say) a black kid born and raised in an African slum with no education and job prospects.

You can argue with the word "privilege", but that is only because of the way that word has been abused.

Within those top of the heap first world countries, they were all created by white people. I am not going to argue as to why. It just is.
Within the (for example) US, black people started from a lower base than most whites, in addition, like it or not, acknowledge it or not, but there is some prejudice between different races. You can acknowledge it and try your best to overcome it. You can tell yourself that you are totally not affected - but in reality for almost everyone that is just not true.

So non-whites do have some latent prejudice to overcome. You, as a white person, are "privileged" to not have to overcome that - but you might have other latent prejudices to overcome - accent, hair color, weight, you name it.

Everyone has prejudices to overcome. I will MAYBE concede that black people have more vs white - unless you drop a white person in Africa, India or Japan - then things change.  

Asking people to be aware that they have some advantages due to nationality, accent, hair color, body form and, yes skin color, is reasonable.

The ridiculous lengths that some people take this to, and only pick on one aspect is less than helpful.
View Quote

The white folk in rural KY, especially eastern KY have less "privilege" than any black person I know (and I know a fair number, from my time in the "ghetto" part of town, to classmates, to people in the profession). Hell, there's one town that just got 911 last year, and every time I visit I hear who died because during the winter nobody could get to a medical facility or froze to death over winter when the roads were impassible. SoftWhiteUnderbelly noted that the whites in Appalachia have it WAY worse than anybody on Skid Row because whites in rural America don't get those special programs that are out west or specifically for minorities. Having seen it first hand, experienced it, and seeing a black kid with a 2.3 GPA and bottom 10%-ile in MCAT take a slot in medical school that could have been given to someone who busted their butt to meet the apparent minimum for the white and Asian kids, I call B.S. on "white privilege". My family were twice made to move from an apartment unit so a black family on section-8 could take the one we were in. I never had any "white only applicants" scholarships at my university, but there were plenty for black only. I couldn't apply for the associate professor position in my physics department because it was explicitly not open to white people (stated so in the listing). And magically, when I don't answer that I'm a straight white male on job applications, I get way more interviews.

I DO understand your point. I can see how it would seem reasonable. And that is the "gentle" narrative being given to many. I refuse to accept it.

Now, back to the video. I enjoyed it. I like her channel. It's less annoying than ItchyBoots but not as good as TheRoadChoseMe.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lots of cows in Texas
Cows & Cows & Cows 10 hours
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top