BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Rock lies about everything, to include trivialities like his daily caloric intake, or how many first-times he's eaten In-N-Out.

It's comical.
View Quote

He has also been a big time lefty douche.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Those uniforms look like diesel punk Cosplay. I weep for the Army I use to be a part of.
View Quote

THEY LOOK LIKE A CHEAP COSTUME FOR A C GRADE MADE FOR YOUTUBE MOVIE........STARRING ALEC BALDWIN.??
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Didn’t the Army secretary just say that recruiting has rebounded for this year thanks to their fat camp program?
View Quote

I'm sure they would try to sell that. Back when I was young they had a overweight (fat body) basic training platoon at MCRD San Diego CA.

One guy while there lost like 165 pounds or something like that and the Navy cut all of his loose skin off and I heard there was a bunch.

Nowadays it seems like everybody wants to stay fat and in their own individual lanes steadily going nowhere.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Drive the economy into DEEP recession.

Stop all the handouts .

People will join.

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm sure they would try to sell that. Back when I was young they had a overweight (fat body) basic training platoon at MCRD San Diego CA.

One guy while there lost like 165 pounds or something like that and the Navy cut all of his loose skin off and I heard there was a bunch.
View Quote

Maybe the Army should partner up with Ozempic?
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like the Army's new service uniform, but the fake 50 mission crush looks stupid.
View Quote

Very.

Should be unauthorized.  It wasn’t legit when it was a thing from flying with headsets.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
authorize beards and watch recruitment and retention skyrocket
View Quote

What are you talking about?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

"Company Rep" (it can only get so erect)
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Let it sink in clearly; your Govt is taking your money and giving it to rich celebrities to get your children to enlist in the military.
View Quote

Not just any Celebrities, but ones who hold this country in such distain they want a million dollars a tweet to cast the people defending it in a positive light, and then still renege on the deal and pocket the cash.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

nope, that all reeks of misogyny and white privilege
View Quote

Speaking of misogyny, fire all women. ALL women. Not just combat roles.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Those uniforms look like diesel punk Cosplay. I weep for the Army I use to be a part of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/88564237-13746863-image-a-20_1723733521766.jpg

For the Pentagon, it's another shocking case of buyer's remorse.

The US Army cut a deal with the United Football League (UFL) and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson as it struggled with an epic recruitment crisis.

But the high-profile deal fell flat on its face, according to internal documents and emails seen by Military.com.

The wrestler and actor's promotional social media posts failed to win a single recruit, and may have led to fewer newbies enlisting.

The force is reportedly trying to recoup $6 million from the ill-fated $11 million deal.

'We are in the process of working with the UFL to determine the final cost,' Army spokesperson Laura DeFrancisco told the outlet.

The Pentagon and the UFL did not reply to The Mail's requests for comment.

The Army inked the deal earlier this year with the UFL, a new minor league alternative to the NFL that has so far struggled to gain attention.

It was focussed on Army branding at UFL games, including its logo appearing on players' uniforms.

But it also included Johnson, the superstar co-owner of the league, who was expected to elevate a force that is some 20,000 short of recruitment targets.

Johnson was supposed to serve as some kind of brand ambassador and make five posts to his 396 million Instagram followers, the files show.

Each post was calculated as being worth some $1 million in exposure.

However, the former WWE fighter only made two posts, it is claimed.

One showed him with some generals, including Gen. Randy George, the Army chief of staff, who was involved in the promotional tie-up.

Another was clips of his tour of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland.

Col. Dave Butler, a spokesperson for George, in a statement called it 'unfortunate' that Johnson 'pulled away at a time when we expected him to be present with us to create content for his social media channels.'

'But we're working with the UFL to rebalance the contract. The Rock remains a good partner to the Army,' he added.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/88562921-13746863-image-a-24_1723733764154.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/88564241-13746863-image-a-25_1723733770178.jpg

Johnson reportedly only made two of the five social media posts that were discussed in the deal

The UFL's lackluster viewership and the lack of Johnson's posting led to recriminations within the Army, the files show.

By one tally, the force ended up with 38 fewer recruits than they would have gotten by focusing money and promotions elsewhere.

The emails show that some Army staffers warned that the enterprise was doomed all along.

UFL viewership was too small to warrant the multimillion dollar price tag, they had said.

One insider critic compared it to the National Guard's $88 million NASCAR sponsorship deal, which similarly failed to net a single recruit.

Another Army promotional deal with the NCAA, for example, costs about twice the UFL deal but attracts ten times as many eyeballs to the service.

Other messages show woes in dealing with the UFL's 'inexperienced' staff and how communications with them often broke down.

The files paint a picture of a service that's scrambling to find new ways to reach recruits amid tectonic shifts in the media landscape.

The military typically promotes itself on cable TV-style ads and in deals with traditional television sports broadcasts.

But the Gen Z youngsters they need in military fatigues are tuned into social media and their cellphones nowadays.

Getting Johnson on board may have been an effort to get parents of potential recruits keen on Army careers for their Gen Z offspring.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/60542571-13746863-Army_chiefs_have_spoken_of_challenges_in_bringing_in_recruits_le-a-22_1723733650985.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/82704849-13746863-Barely_a_third_of_military_families_would_recommend_a_career_in_-a-21_1723733647634.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/66197817-13746863-A_member_of_the_82nd_Airborne_Division_feeds_her_five_month_old_-a-23_1723733655480.jpg

A member of the 82nd Airborne Division feeds her five-month-old child at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, where poverty, hardship, and food insecurity are rife

Megan Sweeney, a former federal government communications advisor, said the doomed deal showcased how the Army lacked know-how in social media tie-ups with big-name celebrities.

'While the Army may have thought they were getting The Rock, they were instead primarily getting a partnership with a minor football league,' Sweeney told Fortune.

'The Rock is an investor of the UFL, but it's not like he's on the sidelines of every game. As a result, the Army seems to have paid Hollywood-level sponsorship money for minor-league exposure.'

The US military faces a recruitment crisis because Gen Zers are less inclined than previous generations to pout on a uniform and risk their lives in combat.

Worse still, many of them are just not fit enough to enlist.

Meanwhile, those who are currently weaving increase warn potential recruits against signing up.

Barely a third of military families would recommend a career in uniform, says the latest survey to highlight problems at the Pentagon.

Back in 2016, more than half of them spoke highly of a military career.

They said life was getting worse because military spouses could not get jobs, health services were poor, and housing was shabby.

That's according to a survey of more than 7,400 personnel for Blue Star Families, a nonprofit.

Link

Peak Class A uniform...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Gorilla jizz targets if you ask me.

Why shame the greatest generation like that anyway?

Fucking discusting is what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Gorilla jizz targets if you ask me.

Why shame the greatest generation like that anyway?

Fucking discusting is what it is.

Quoted:
Quoted:

THEY LOOK LIKE A CHEAP COSTUME FOR A C GRADE MADE FOR YOUTUBE MOVIE........STARRING ALEC BALDWIN.??

All of this. GWOT GO's/SNCO's LARP'ing as the greatest generation is more disappointing than paying a leftist who never served to fail at recruiting the next generation of first term MEB's and Big Chicken Dinners..
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/88564237-13746863-image-a-20_1723733521766.jpg

The US Army cut a deal with the United Football League (UFL) and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson as it struggled with an epic recruitment crisis.

But the high-profile deal fell flat on its face, according to internal documents and emails seen by Military.com.

The wrestler and actor's promotional social media posts failed to win a single recruit, and may have led to fewer newbies enlisting.

The force is reportedly trying to recoup $6 million from the ill-fated $11 million deal.

'We are in the process of working with the UFL to determine the final cost,' Army spokesperson Laura DeFrancisco told the outlet.

The Army inked the deal earlier this year with the UFL, a new minor league alternative to the NFL that has so far struggled to gain attention.

It was focussed on Army branding at UFL games, including its logo appearing on players' uniforms.

But it also included Johnson, the superstar co-owner of the league, who was expected to elevate a force that is some 20,000 short of recruitment targets.

Johnson was supposed to serve as some kind of brand ambassador and make five posts to his 396 million Instagram followers, the files show.

One showed him with some generals, including Gen. Randy George, the Army chief of staff, who was involved in the promotional tie-up.

Another was clips of his tour of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland.

Col. Dave Butler, a spokesperson for George, in a statement called it 'unfortunate' that Johnson 'pulled away at a time when we expected him to be present with us to create content for his social media channels.'

'But we're working with the UFL to rebalance the contract. The Rock remains a good partner to the Army,' he added.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/88562921-13746863-image-a-24_1723733764154.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/88564241-13746863-image-a-25_1723733770178.jpg

Johnson reportedly only made two of the five social media posts that were discussed in the deal

The UFL's lackluster viewership and the lack of Johnson's posting led to recriminations within the Army, the files show.

By one tally, the force ended up with 38 fewer recruits than they would have gotten by focusing money and promotions elsewhere.

The emails show that some Army staffers warned that the enterprise was doomed all along.

UFL viewership was too small to warrant the multimillion dollar price tag, they had said.

One insider critic compared it to the National Guard's $88 million NASCAR sponsorship deal, which similarly failed to net a single recruit.

Another Army promotional deal with the NCAA, for example, costs about twice the UFL deal but attracts ten times as many eyeballs to the service.

Other messages show woes in dealing with the UFL's 'inexperienced' staff and how communications with them often broke down.

The files paint a picture of a service that's scrambling to find new ways to reach recruits amid tectonic shifts in the media landscape.

The military typically promotes itself on cable TV-style ads and in deals with traditional television sports broadcasts.

But the Gen Z youngsters they need in military fatigues are tuned into social media and their cellphones nowadays.

Getting Johnson on board may have been an effort to get parents of potential recruits keen on Army careers for their Gen Z offspring.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/60542571-13746863-Army_chiefs_have_spoken_of_challenges_in_bringing_in_recruits_le-a-22_1723733650985.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/82704849-13746863-Barely_a_third_of_military_families_would_recommend_a_career_in_-a-21_1723733647634.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/08/15/15/66197817-13746863-A_member_of_the_82nd_Airborne_Division_feeds_her_five_month_old_-a-23_1723733655480.jpg

A member of the 82nd Airborne Division feeds her five-month-old child at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, where poverty, hardship, and food insecurity are rife

Megan Sweeney, a former federal government communications advisor, said the doomed deal showcased how the Army lacked know-how in social media tie-ups with big-name celebrities.

'While the Army may have thought they were getting The Rock, they were instead primarily getting a partnership with a minor football league,' Sweeney told Fortune.

'The Rock is an investor of the UFL, but it's not like he's on the sidelines of every game. As a result, the Army seems to have paid Hollywood-level sponsorship money for minor-league exposure.'

The US military faces a recruitment crisis because Gen Zers are less inclined than previous generations to pout on a uniform and risk their lives in combat.

Meanwhile, those who are currently weaving increase warn potential recruits against signing up.

Barely a third of military families would recommend a career in uniform, says the latest survey to highlight problems at the Pentagon.

They said life was getting worse because military spouses could not get jobs, health services were poor, and housing was shabby.

That's according to a survey of more than 7,400 personnel for Blue Star Families, a nonprofit.

Link

Peak Class A uniform...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102975/b3_png-3295111.JPG

As long as Robert DeNiro isn't in it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102975/b1_jpg-3295109.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102975/b2_jpg-3295110.JPG

Those people are SO dead if bio's or gas is ever used. Hell, we had FAR higher standard at a utility if required to fit test to wear masks for gas emers with blowing gas and being inside the leak spread while working. You don't need a big ass beard [2nd pic] because you get ''bumps'' if shaving daily.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Being a white male and watching three black women get promoted ahead of you when you have been doing the job and then getting your ass chewed because of your attitude because they expect you to keep doing it doesn't help much either.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yet another example of why the Chinese are gonna stomp the hell out of us.
View Quote

Which in turn will probably usher in some kind of globalist bullshit government and currency to save us all from mutual nuclear destruction and the rise of some charismatic cult of personality leader/s preaching a new world order which will gain countless followers ala the covidiot fiasco. The end . Just spitballing here…
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Those people are SO dead if bio's or gas is ever used. Hell, we had FAR higher standard at a utility if required to fit test to wear masks for gas emers with blowing gas and being inside the leak spread while working. You don't need a big ass beard [2nd pic] because you get ''bumps'' if shaving daily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102975/b1_jpg-3295109.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102975/b2_jpg-3295110.JPG

Correct. Mask will not seal 100%.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a "professional" in the survival forum tell me a beard is fine if you use a PAPR, you're 100% g2g in any situation requiring respiratory protection. Which would have been lovely news to me had I known that before dry-scraping 5oclock shadow off in the side mirror of a truck to pass SCBA fitment.

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#19]
They gave every one a black beret may as well give them Ranger tabs too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Being destroyed from within and not willing to contest that war...fear of war from without is misdirection at this point in time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Weird. It’s almost as if recruiting requires something other than Hollywood. Hmmmm what could it be…. Hmmmm. It’s not making America more patriotic, that’s misogynistic. Love for our homeland? Oh hell no that’s racist.

I got nothing. Sorry.

Have you tried a tic tok dancing general video?
View Quote

Love for the Homeland is something only Russians and Nazi's do.  It should be Love for the World - RINO's
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is Johnson really A list? He can't carry a movie.  I'm thinking B list
View Quote

I thought Jumanji was pretty good.  It's funny.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#23]
FU A list the Rock.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Like all government programs, they just didn't spend enough.

Had they given The Rock $100M, well then, you'd have some results!
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Peak Class A uniform...

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#27]

That very well *MAY* be the hardest motherfucker to ever serve.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#28]
He needs to go away, I'm sick of seeing him in everything
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#29]
What else can he say except, Your welcome?
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not just any Celebrities, but ones who hold this country in such distain they want a million dollars a tweet to cast the people defending it in a positive light, and then still renege on the deal and pocket the cash.
View Quote

Well, at least he’s a positive role model, showing what a little hard work in the gym can do…all natural except for you that time he tried steroids as a teenager and made he feel funny, so he stopped.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Guess everything falls apart when white conservative men aren't willing to die in wars anymore.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I was curious if Tim Kennedy got paid by DoD for his D Day video he made where he fake reenlisted on video. It seemed odd.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Peak Class A uniform...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Roy_Benavidez_MOH_ceremony.jpg

Yeah, I'm probably not worthy to shine his shoes. King MoFo.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
How many time did I wear my mask in combat?

zero
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Should have invested that in an avocado toast MRE.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nowadays it seems like everybody wants to stay fat and in their own individual lanes steadily going nowhere.
View Quote

I was golfing last year and got paired up with a couple guys.

We figure out me and another guy were Marines.

“What did you do? What did you do?”

Me- 0351

Him- spent six months in fat body platoon at PI, lost 100+#s, graduated, THEY MADE HIM A FUCKING BAKER!

Who says The Suck has no sense of humor?
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#37]
More people would join if the Army could stop being so gay.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Boogeyman looks under his bed at night to make sure Benavidez isnt under there
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Being a white male and watching three black women get promoted ahead of you when you have been doing the job and then getting your ass chewed because of your attitude because they expect you to keep doing it doesn't help much either.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That isn’t going to fix recruitment.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm probably not worthy to shine his shoes. King MoFo.

Wearing the same uniform as MSG Benavidez is what USAREC should be selling instead of hiring a juiced up prostitute.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Guess everything falls apart when white conservative men aren't willing to die in wars anymore.
View Quote

This transcends beyond dying in Wars. We're getting tired of carrying a modern society.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They gave every one a black beret may as well give them Ranger tabs too.
View Quote

General Shinseki can fuck right off!
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Few men with options want to take a chance on getting blown up or killed for nothing.

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#45]
lol. Young white guys are going to sign up to go die in some bullshit war that Kumala cooked up, and they'll do so knowing full well that in spite of their sacrifice, America is going to look like a run down amalgam of Mexico and Pakistan in 20 years due to the demographic replacement that is currently occurring. And they're going to do so happily because Dwayne the Rock Johnson told me to!
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#46]
WTF is the UFL?
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Peak Class A uniform...

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#48]
I thought changing the base names, telling Southern white boys that they need not apply, and offering dick chopping surgery was going to solve all our problems. WTF?
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
FJB fucks the military up by filling it with fags and trannys and then recruiting sux.  Hey let's blame it on the Rock because our mouths are so full of FJB cock we can't say what the real problem is.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Gangster government exists to waste our money and oppress us. They seem to have no other function.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top