Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to 2009 OP. Obama started it. Trump tried to stop it and was USURPTED and Biden the puppet is continuing the plan from 2009.
View Quote

Excellent conclusion!!    especially, since the Harris-Biden Admin is filled with Obama retreads starting with the Top!

This is exactly why the US didn't recover in from the 2008-2009 Recession within the historically normed 18 months. For the new Progressives infected with the spirochetes of Marxism, any capitalist inspired production is Exploitation and is to be AVOIDED. (I've been looking for a chance to use spirochetes in a sentence. Turned out pretty good, I think.)

Now we have the same clowns running a different show, you can expect the same results.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Export of chip manufacture to Huawei? The same Huawei that makes phones that we ban in the US because of built in spy crap, that Huawei…?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Welcome to 2009 OP. Obama started it. Trump tried to stop it and was USURPTED and Biden the puppet is continuing the plan from 2009.
View Quote

Hell it can be argued Clinton did with Nafta and the H1b importation of high tech workers.  Bush continued it because he was a 'free trader'.  Obama was happy to continue those policies.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
China has us damn near in checkmate.

They just updated a ton of domestic policies to ban outside influence on their culture and the CCP's cultural goals.

They just selectively banned the loophole allowing foreigners to invest in tech companies like tencent, alibabba, etc.

Part of the new laws make it so that ads and content can only represent strong happy China, with CCP approved ideals. No dissent.

We have fabs in the works, but are narrowly short sighted on keeping critical production within our borders.

All China has to do is START a fight in Taiwan, and our economy goes into an abyss. Yes, many in GD will be stoked that kids would eventually play outside and people actually drive instead of tiktoking with their dicks out in the turn lane, but industry and production of good would suffer greatly.

Decades of shitty short sighted policy are coming home to roost. Xi isn't some tin pot dictator who is bluffing here. He wants power and control and our administration is like a welcome mat to the ambitions of he and the CCP.

The great reset seems to be less of a nefarious plot and more likely the elites seeing the inevitable moment that the US has to cut it's credit card in half and actually live within it's means. That will effectively reset the economy and spheres of influence abroad. Not to mention the domestic unrest it would surely generate.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Solutions:

Since China isn't playing by free trade rules and hostile. Ban Chinese everything.

Invest in American fabs/manufacturing in red states. Punish blue/red states for their corruption from local to state.

Cut federal taxes to nothing. Flat tax on all products/services.

Regulate the tech companies heavily or break them up.

Purge the government of useless employees and roll back the EPA power.

Start spending on infrastructure only, no added pork.

Find ways to make power cheaper from renewables to fossil fuels to nuclear. Allow new designs/processes to proliferate.

Sell federal lands to allow homes and manufacturing to be built in western states.

Start raising new military leaders not tainted by MBA and woke mentality.

Go to college campuses and purge the woke professors. At the same time, make new campuses to increase supply of training or decrease the reliance on degrees as proof of capability.

New churches refocused on Christian values without the huckstering and able to integrate difficult theology subjects without denying realities.

Cease all government social benefits.

Let the pain flow. Our decadence and jaded views have left America hollow and the rot fester. Its time we start a new American ascendency.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hell it can be argued Clinton did with Nafta and the H1b importation of high tech workers.  Bush continued it because he was a 'free trader'.  Obama was happy to continue those policies.
View Quote

Outsourcing to China goes back to Kissinger, who was re-implementing pre-WW2 policy; and the justifications go back to Mont Pelerin.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Export of chip manufacture to Huawei? The same Huawei that makes phones that we ban in the US because of built in spy crap, that Huawei?
View Quote
Yes.

While we argue over inane domestic policy that lives at the edges of importantance and red vs blue, lobbyists are having a field day.

I'm starting to think the end will be when left and right agree to disagree, as long as the existing power structure ends up being removed and replaced. No one is being represented in an honest way at this point. Far too many leeches between the people and the power brokers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"Food shortage" is bull shit. Farmers failed to plan ahead and plant enough crops because they panicked at the beginning of the pandemic.

Sounds fucking stupid right?

It doesn't necessarily matter what the reason is there is still a shortage that will have ripples across the marketplace and economy.

View Quote

I understand what you're getting at.
It very much matters what the reason for any kind of shortage is, and that's why the reason must be discerned. Using your example of a food shortage, Farmers in Country X get the word that the weather expectation for the coming growing is season will lead to bumper crops. Too much production means lower prices. Therefore, more farmers, and usually with their Banks' insistence, will be put land to fallow.

However, "cold snap"  kills a lot of plants. We end up with a shortage at harvest time. So, that's what actually happened in this scenario.

Let's say the government mis-reads the whole affair and decides that all involved were trying to manipulate commodities pricing. After the arrests and trials of farmers and bankers, Country X will be out another year's harvest, maybe even more, before that sector of its economy becomes stable.

Chips are the same. It's a commodity product. Knowing why there's a shortage limits the fuck up and brings back stability as soon as possible.

ETA: for the record, I do think the chip shortage is real. I should've put that up there. Watching James Bond, and I don't multi-task well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Only a global effort and the great reset will solve the coming crisis.

All by design.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I agree the chip story is BS.  Thats just a cover for they became reliant on china for a great many parts and now they are paying the price.

I am not sure if china is constraining supplies on purpose or not, but the govt needs to get on that yesterday......and that aint going to happen.

Europe is moving forward with implementing their version of the New Green Deal or some such BS. Its going to be bad on their economies, it specifically details how they want to destroy the economy and rebuild it in their utopian view.  They are very open about this.
View Quote
You're on to something here. China's actions are normally very purposeful. Right now, China is experiencing a cash crunch, and a big one at that. They are systematically clawing back bonus to gov't employees. Those gov't employees that can't pay back the entirety of their bonuses are encouraged to take out loans at gov't controlled banks.

China is also arresting many millionaires and people more rich than being a millionaire, and charging them with political crimes leading to the confiscation of all that they own.

The oldest rule in the book is low supply + high demand = higher prices. So, you could be correct that China is creating a "shortage scenario" to manipulate prices.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#11]
But don't worry, those at the top will come out of it just fine.
Now, back in the bread line!
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's a failure of all eggs in one basket. Nearly every major semiconductor company not named Intel has gone, "Why should we own and operate these expensive-ass fabs. Let's just design our chips and then have them manufactured in Taiwan and China! It will make our quarterly reports show more profits!"

Now have every major semiconductor company start piling on orders all from the same fabs at Taiwan Semi, demanding way more chips than they can possibly produce even running at 100% capacity. You get a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Dipshit finance faggots have been criticizing Intel for not going fabless for years. Now because they didn't they're the only ones able to actually produce stable fucking supply.
View Quote

Intel outsourced CPU manufacturing to Taiwan.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't think you are seeing a much broader concept I was describing.  Covid shutdowns have without a doubt effected our economy.

ETA:  Money machine go brrrrrrrrrrrr.........
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The chip issue is a very large cog, in an even bigger wheel.  Covid shutdowns.  Hell go back to 1st bombing of the world trade center.  

Our enemies have played the long game for God knows how long.  It is snowballing.  Between the chips and covid things are really being tested.

Good luck to everybody.

It's really not covid shutdowns, it's dramatic overconcentration of supply because everyone wants to look sexy for the Wall Street analysts four times a year by not having expensive fabs with expensive R&D costs and thousands of extra employees on their books.

Imagine this hypothetical: what would happen if every automaker stopped actually manufacturing cars and had the bright idea to just close all their factories and design cars, then buy space on GM production plants. GM gets exceedingly good at churning out vehicles for Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Benz, whoever else. They also get exceedingly efficient, running at around 90-95% capacity at all times.

Now imagine there's some world event that causes demand for cars to surge to 140% of what it was the previous year when they're already running at 95% capacity. They bump up to 100% and a shitload of orders start sitting around unfulfilled. The more orders are unfulfilled, the more pent-up demand grows, and the more unfillable orders begin being tacked onto the backlog.

Meanwhile the luddites at Ford insisted on keeping their own factories and have gotten their stock price punished relentlessly by Wall Street banks for not shutting down their factories and just designing cars for GM to manufacture like everybody else does. Except with the way current events are going over at GM, suddenly Ford are the only ones able to meet the demand for Ford vehicles while everyone else has thousands of empty car lots. You can buy any car you want any time you want, as long as it's a Ford. Everybody else has endless raffles and waiting lists and people are paying 170% of MSRP to get their hands on a new vehicle from another brand.

Basically what's happening in the semiconductor industry right now.
I don't think you are seeing a much broader concept I was describing.  Covid shutdowns have without a doubt effected our economy.

ETA:  Money machine go brrrrrrrrrrrr.........
Correct, the Covid Shutdown has effected our Country in every manner you can think of. I would actually say the Covid shut down has caused great damage not only economically, but socially and morally. Economically, the loss in economic opportunity costs are phenomenal. It would take a few years just to recover those costs in good times, and even longer under our currrent regime.

The Social and Moral costs will take a generation to recover from, but with the way things are going, we may not recover from the destruction of societal trust.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A few years ago i started to notice that the fruit at the grocery store was getting shittier and shittier.  Nectarines looked good but were rotten on the inside.  Peaches were dry and their pits were shards.  Apples were chalky.  Oranges were dried out.  I realized that the good fruit was being sent to China and the US was getting all the 2nds.

I told people that we were getting screwed.  The US used to get the best of everything.  Meats were next.  The quality dropped and price went up.  

I said that they want a global economy and a global economy means equal standards of living.  Our is plummeting while everyone else's improves slightly.  This is the same thing as saying take bill gates wealth and evenly distribute it.  It doesn't make everyone rich.  It barely does anything when spread so thin.  So my life doesn't change but bill gates is now bankrupt.  

That's what they're doing!  Stealing our wealth and giving it to others.  In the end we'll collapse and they will all still be poor
View Quote

The world wide popularity of French wine was based on your description of US food production. The French gov't exports the best while letting their citizens have what's left over. Here though, our corporations do this instead of a governmental policy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#15]
the destruction of America specifically heritage America

umm yes

don't worry true heritage America will rebuild from the ashes it's what we do it's in our DNA

most here are terrified that their long-term planned comfort will be interrupted

bad news for them that dream of future comfort is dead already

get your fucking mind right

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#16]
We'll all just sit back and take it, maybe we'll bitch and moan about it on this forum.

One of these days we should write them a strongly worded letter to show our displeasure!

Signed, fellow Sheep
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"Chip shortage" is bullshit.  They failed to plan ahead and put their orders in because they panicked at the beginning of the pandemic.
View Quote

I believe that China has turned the supply OFF.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

China has leveled traded restrictions on us.   No one wants to tell the truth.

The same thing we do to other countries.  Like the firearm and ammo ban against Russia.  No different.

I bet money I'm correct.   Of course no one in the State ran media will tell you this.  

This is just the next steps on the road to a hot war with them.

You think the US can tell them to fuck off with regards to Taiwan and China just be OK with it..........lol

Time will show I'm correct.   When you think about it from my way of thinking, it makes more sense.   China has leveled trade restrictions against us.   China controls a huge percentage of the worlds ships and ports.  

This will not end well.  This is why the elites had to get Trump out of the way.   The elites are trying to suck off the Chinese and get the flow of spices running again, just like normal.  Tied into the horse shit in Afghanistan as well.    I bet money that China was already supporting the Taliban or were getting ready to support them.   The Chinese were there signing trade agreements with the Taliban before the dust had even settled at the airport.

The elites are pushing everyone towards electric cars.   The batteries will be made almost 100% in China.  China is about to own the entire auto market in the US because of this.  

Think about it!!   Afghanistan has the raw materials for the batteries, tons and tons of it.  The US would never allow the batteries to be made here because of all the EPA regulations.   Was never going to happen.   We are cutting our own throats as usual.  All over a dollar.  The elites have sold out the freedoms of the US over fucking making a profit for themselves.  

Time will show that I'm correct.   Just hope we all live long enough to see it.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The world wide popularity of French wine was based on your description of US food production. The French gov't exports the best while letting their citizens have what's left over. Here though, our corporations do this instead of a governmental policy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A few years ago i started to notice that the fruit at the grocery store was getting shittier and shittier.  Nectarines looked good but were rotten on the inside.  Peaches were dry and their pits were shards.  Apples were chalky.  Oranges were dried out.  I realized that the good fruit was being sent to China and the US was getting all the 2nds.

I told people that we were getting screwed.  The US used to get the best of everything.  Meats were next.  The quality dropped and price went up.  

I said that they want a global economy and a global economy means equal standards of living.  Our is plummeting while everyone else's improves slightly.  This is the same thing as saying take bill gates wealth and evenly distribute it.  It doesn't make everyone rich.  It barely does anything when spread so thin.  So my life doesn't change but bill gates is now bankrupt.  

That's what they're doing!  Stealing our wealth and giving it to others.  In the end we'll collapse and they will all still be poor

Some of those corps are Chinese owned ...https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/05/how_china_is_buying_up_americas_food_supply.html
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Solutions:

Since China isn't playing by free trade rules and hostile. Ban Chinese everything.

Invest in American fabs/manufacturing in red states. Punish blue/red states for their corruption from local to state.

Find ways to make power cheaper from renewables to fossil fuels to nuclear. Allow new designs/processes to proliferate.

Sell federal lands to allow homes and manufacturing to be built in western states.

Go to college campuses and purge the woke professors. At the same time, make new campuses to increase supply of training or decrease the reliance on degrees as proof of capability.

New churches refocused on Christian values without the huckstering and able to integrate difficult theology subjects without denying realities.

Let the pain flow. Our decadence and jaded views have left America hollow and the rot fester. Its time we start a new American ascendency.

View Quote

You forgot a moratorium on immigration and removal of illegals.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not really, Intel's problem is idiot Krzanich-era management who have since been largely ousted now tried to do nearly seven times the number of changes and improvements on the shrink to 10nm that they normally would, and decided to assume everything would be totally fine and that trying to do too much at once totally wouldn't derail the entire thing if anything at all went wrong. They're about past that point now, but not without taking a three year speedbump and shooting themselves in the foot to the degree that the board took a hatchet to upper management.

TSMC will be making Intel chips on the 3nm node though... Intel just bought most of TSM's 3nm capacity for Xeon production as well as their new GPUs, which means the current chip squeeze is about to get dramatically worse as AMD, NVIDIA, Apple, etc. orders aren't exactly going to go away or lessen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a failure of all eggs in one basket. Nearly every major semiconductor company not named Intel has gone, "Why should we own and operate these expensive-ass fabs. Let's just design our chips and then have them manufactured in Taiwan and China! It will make our quarterly reports show more profits!"

Now have every major semiconductor company start piling on orders all from the same fabs at Taiwan Semi, demanding way more chips than they can possibly produce even running at 100% capacity. You get a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Dipshit finance faggots have been criticizing Intel for not going fabless for years. Now because they didn't they're the only ones able to actually produce stable fucking supply.

LOL
Intel’s fabs are shit, and are struggling, especially with advanced technologies. TSMC is fabbing some stuff for Intel right now, IIRC.

Not really, Intel's problem is idiot Krzanich-era management who have since been largely ousted now tried to do nearly seven times the number of changes and improvements on the shrink to 10nm that they normally would, and decided to assume everything would be totally fine and that trying to do too much at once totally wouldn't derail the entire thing if anything at all went wrong. They're about past that point now, but not without taking a three year speedbump and shooting themselves in the foot to the degree that the board took a hatchet to upper management.

TSMC will be making Intel chips on the 3nm node though... Intel just bought most of TSM's 3nm capacity for Xeon production as well as their new GPUs, which means the current chip squeeze is about to get dramatically worse as AMD, NVIDIA, Apple, etc. orders aren't exactly going to go away or lessen.

Sadly, lol am not allowed to comment about what I want to say on this post, other than to say I’d like to.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of those corps are Chinese owned ...https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/05/how_china_is_buying_up_americas_food_supply.html

This is a quote from the article rfox linked:
According to McMaster, China's leaders believe they have a narrow window of opportunity to revise the international order in their favor before other countries realize that the party is pursuing national rejuvenation at their expense.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's really not covid shutdowns, it's dramatic overconcentration of supply because everyone wants to look sexy for the Wall Street analysts four times a year by not having expensive fabs with expensive R&D costs and thousands of extra employees on their books.

Imagine this hypothetical: what would happen if every automaker stopped actually manufacturing cars and had the bright idea to just close all their factories and design cars, then buy space on GM production plants. GM gets exceedingly good at churning out vehicles for Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Benz, whoever else. They also get exceedingly efficient, running at around 90-95% capacity at all times.

Now imagine there's some world event that causes demand for cars to surge to 140% of what it was the previous year when they're already running at 95% capacity. They bump up to 100% and a shitload of orders start sitting around unfulfilled. The more orders are unfulfilled, the more pent-up demand grows, and the more unfillable orders begin being tacked onto the backlog.

Meanwhile the luddites at Ford insisted on keeping their own factories and have gotten their stock price punished relentlessly by Wall Street banks for not shutting down their factories and just designing cars for GM to manufacture like everybody else does. Except with the way current events are going over at GM, suddenly Ford are the only ones able to meet the demand for Ford vehicles while everyone else has thousands of empty car lots. You can buy any car you want any time you want, as long as it's a Ford. Everybody else has endless raffles and waiting lists and people are paying 170% of MSRP to get their hands on a new vehicle from another brand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The chip issue is a very large cog, in an even bigger wheel.  Covid shutdowns.  Hell go back to 1st bombing of the world trade center.  

Our enemies have played the long game for God knows how long.  It is snowballing.  Between the chips and covid things are really being tested.

Good luck to everybody.

Megacorps live a lot more paycheck to paycheck so to speak then I think many realize.
Backstocks of inventory make the bottom line look bad. Bottom line looking bad tanks their stock price. Tanked stock price devalues the company. Devalued company looks like more of a risk to creditors. Spooked creditors are less willing to loan money (or charge more).
And then the house of cards comes tumbling down.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's not just microchips...
American manufacturing seems to be on the ropes:
Furniture stores are reporting huge backlogs on orders, with expected delivery dates pushed further and further out.
Music stores are reporting some shortages and inability to get items and instruments (CF Martin has already committed all of 2022 production and half of 2023... so if you order a Martin guitar, they will begin building it in the second half of 2023).
View Quote

Some of it is American manufacturing.
A lot of it is sales and shipping costs for finished products or components from China.
Especially larger, cheaper goods.

IIRC, it used to cost $1,500-$2,000 to ship a 40' container from China to the west coast.
That same container is ~$14,000 today.

A little easier to absorb when said container has 50,000 ipads in it that sell for $500ea then when said container has 100 couches that sell for $800 ea.
I suspect that for some items (furniture, white goods and raw materials) shipping costs have hit the point where they exceed the profit potential of the product in the container.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You're on to something here. China's actions are normally very purposeful. Right now, China is experiencing a cash crunch, and a big one at that. They are systematically clawing back bonus to gov't employees. Those gov't employees that can't pay back the entirety of their bonuses are encouraged to take out loans at gov't controlled banks.

China is also arresting many millionaires and people more rich than being a millionaire, and charging them with political crimes leading to the confiscation of all that they own.

The oldest rule in the book is low supply + high demand = higher prices. So, you could be correct that China is creating a "shortage scenario" to manipulate prices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree the chip story is BS.  Thats just a cover for they became reliant on china for a great many parts and now they are paying the price.

I am not sure if china is constraining supplies on purpose or not, but the govt needs to get on that yesterday......and that aint going to happen.

Europe is moving forward with implementing their version of the New Green Deal or some such BS. Its going to be bad on their economies, it specifically details how they want to destroy the economy and rebuild it in their utopian view.  They are very open about this.

Is it just that or is there a possibility that China has had a lot more issues related to their shitty virus then they are letting on?
Shutdowns, quarantines, feeding people into furnaces etc can have a negative impact on their ability to produce goods.

But since we seemingly have not one stitch of intel coming out of a country that is a manufacturing powerhouse, "trading partner" and the home of over 1 billion people, I guess we will never know.

I am sure our government knows the answer. But they sure as fuck aren't sharing it with us.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#25]
right. correct. shit show. and half the country is trying to argue points and observations with the other side that fukg despises them anyway.

being homeless, jobless, penniless, hungry, cold, wet, tired, scared and in hiding?

but wut do i no. i’m here for the reindeer games and stuff.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"Chip shortage" is bullshit.  They failed to plan ahead and put their orders in because they panicked at the beginning of the pandemic.
View Quote
Not just them.

I can tell you several other companies that make home products and products for automobiles who "bet" incorrectly on orders, shut down lines, and then either due to political pressure (i.e. STONKS bro, all the Wall Street publicly traded bros are doing this bro) or because they're woke AF were proudly proclaiming their reduced production as a measure to prevent the spread of COVID.  LO fuckin L.

Then everything was wrong with that so they panicked to get back online and talked with their cohorts in China who proclaimed everything was grand and swell and that they were able to do the same work in a quarter time and cost of America so some accounting numb nuts said we should try to do the project in China's proclaimed timeline and figure out how we could shave costs because the Chinese never lie and they totally told the truth...either way they got bonuses.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

A lot of it is sales and shipping costs for finished products or components from China.

IIRC, it used to cost $1,500-$2,000 to ship a 40' container from China to the west coast.

A little easier to absorb when said container has 50,000 ipads in it that sell for $500ea then when said container has 100 couches that sell for $800 ea.
I suspect that for some items (furniture, white goods and raw materials) shipping costs have hit the point where they exceed the profit potential of the product in the container.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not just microchips...
American manufacturing seems to be on the ropes:
Furniture stores are reporting huge backlogs on orders, with expected delivery dates pushed further and further out.
Music stores are reporting some shortages and inability to get items and instruments (CF Martin has already committed all of 2022 production and half of 2023... so if you order a Martin guitar, they will begin building it in the second half of 2023).

CEO of Ethan Allen was on TV last week and said container costs were exceeding $20k for them.  He said they're lucky as only 25% of their mfg is in China.  Part of this is shipping costs the other part of it is the actual container costs.  China also owns the lion share of that capacity and last I read Chinese companies were refusing to increases production and were instead soaking up extra margin due to supply shortages.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hmmm, seems to be that domestic production capacity is a good thing.

Methinks if you were a US chip manufacturer, steel maker, bullet maker, etc you could make a killing.

Maybe offshoring everything to save a little money was a bad plan.
View Quote
It was. Think back to 1940:
-A country of 130 million mostly white people clawed its way out of the Depression and geared up to produce the wherewithal in ships, tanks, guns, and planes to defeat TWO tyrannies, arming our allies. The US was then the major source of oil.
-At the same time this country put 12 million of its people in uniform.
-After the war the same people went to work willingly and built the greatest economy the world has ever seen while somehow finding the means to rebuild western Europe.

Any bets on whether we could measure up to that standard with the present population of Blubber Monsters, slackers, and third world garbage?

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Megacorps live a lot more paycheck to paycheck so to speak then I think many realize.
Backstocks of inventory make the bottom line look bad. Bottom line looking bad tanks their stock price. Tanked stock price devalues the company. Devalued company looks like more of a risk to creditors. Spooked creditors are less willing to loan money (or charge more).
And then the house of cards comes tumbling down.

View Quote

people have no idea how business works.

If you aren't growing your slowing, there is no in-between.

if you start slowing your dying. it gets drastic very quickly (and this is often where mistakes are made)

the numbers and fall out may get bigger but its the same if you sell knickknacks on the corner or build cars and buildings.

the bigger one gets, even if cash flow looks fantastic, are the ones who will collapse fastest if something goes wrong without the right people steering the ship. everything is amplified.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Have we ever our made our own chips?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#31]
ETA: ya, shouldn’t comment.  
I will say that Intel has been publicly been one of TSMCs largest customers forever, but not for CPUs.
Nearly all of Intels leading process fabs are right here in America.   None are in China.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
-A country of 130 million mostly white people clawed its way out of the Depression and geared up to produce the wherewithal in ships, tanks, guns, and planes to defeat TWO tyrannies, arming our allies. The US was then the major source of oil.
-After the war the same people went to work willingly and built the greatest economy the world has ever seen while somehow finding the means to rebuild western Europe.

Any bets on whether we could measure up to that standard with the present population of Blubber Monsters, slackers, and third world garbage?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm, seems to be that domestic production capacity is a good thing.

Methinks if you were a US chip manufacturer, steel maker, bullet maker, etc you could make a killing.

Maybe offshoring everything to save a little money was a bad plan.

We could.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Is this a post from 1990.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Have we ever our made our own chips?
View Quote

Yes.  There’s even a documentary about it.

True Stories David Byrne, 1986
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Only a global effort and the great reset will solve the coming crisis.

All by design.

View Quote

Build Back Better!
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Solutions:

View Quote

And our Prez is going to do the exact opposite of all that. Then what?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No dude, it's real and it's impacting pretty much everything.
View Quote

It’s not just electronics. I’ve got dozens of construction jobs behind schedule due to materiel shortages and longer than normal lead times.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't know how many rifles PSA sold since 2008, but I do know that the elitist takeover is going to be met with some resistance.

Fuck em. Live your life.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it’s got plastic and electronics in it good chance it’s going to be delayed

ABB VFDs I usually get in 7-10 days. Now it’s 4-6 MONTHS.

promised delivery date on my invoice is 3/25/22

3 years ago I was getting ABB drives made in Finland. Everything is labeled China now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#40]
The Renesas fire is where 50% of the products I work with got their chips. It’s ludicrous how few manufacturers are left.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's because actual manufacturing is so 20th century passe, & all the big boys know that pushing paper & crunching qtrly numbers is where it's at. So leadership. Much  winning.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#42]
The interdependency of today's globalized economy in many ways mirrors the Late Bronze Age Collapse.

Who would have thought building a supply chain requiring parts from 20 different countries to build anything at all would be a bad thing...
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This seems like a failure of both globalism and the "just in time" inventory stuff, due to COVID layoffs, combined with shortages due to planning failures
View Quote

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Filed under;

No Shit Sherlock.
View Quote

Needs more Breakin' 2 and stuff!  Like 12 months late op. Holy hell.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck to everybody.

There’s no need to “imagine”. That’s how works.  Car manufactures don’t make the cars.  They slap together components made all over the world.  
Boeing doesn't make airplanes.   They bolt together Sub assemblies, made all over the world.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I am in the auto supply chain and the expectation is that 2022 will see more cars produced than in the last 20 years.

So much so, that the supply chain won’t be able to deliver fast enough to the dealer lots.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Cell phones getting chip priority?
Where's the factory that makes the machines that engrave the chips?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If only it were that simple

It's way beyond semiconductors and microchips now

Automobile brands are having a problem getting advanced high strength steel to even build cars

None of them could have done anything to prevent this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only it were that simple

It's way beyond semiconductors and microchips now

Automobile brands are having a problem getting advanced high strength steel to even build cars

None of them could have done anything to prevent this

It's not just cars and chips. I am currently waiting for a new rear tire for my motorcycle (sometime in September), and a TPMS sensor for same, currently backorderd "due to COVID".
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Been thinking same same.

But TPE is packing some serious heat. If they use it.

fuckChina might just get their asses handed back to em on this.

Unless they break out the gucci shit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Solutions:

View Quote

A lot of death will happen in your scenario. I would vote for you.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top