BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

IVAS (Integrated Visual Augmentation System) is under development and is not nearly ready for short term deployment.
View Quote
Here's the general's verbatim quote, maybe you should go tell him.

Association of the United States Army's annual meeting (Oct.14-16, 2019), had military planners meeting for the first two days discussing artificial intelligence for the service.

Brig. Gen. Matthew Easley, director of the Army AI Task Force is quoted in saying..

“Soldier lethality is fielding the Integrated Visual Augmentation Systems, or our IVAS soldier goggles that each of our infantry soldiers will be wearing,” Easley said. “In the short term, we are looking at fielding nearly 200,000 of these systems."

The IVAS is built on top of Microsoft’s HoloLens augmented reality tool. That the equipment has been explicitly tied to not just military use, but military use in combat.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
????-9* stronker than fucking NATO ???? ????? knockoffs

*Uran-9
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Best part about AUSA when I went in 2006 was there was open bar booths all over the place. Got decently shitty and played with all kinds of cool stuff and collected as much swag as I could.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It makes it look more tactical!!
View Quote
It's between two ferns.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Does their flame job need a little touch up?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Damn I'm getting old
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Association of the United States Army's annual meeting (Oct.14-16, 2019), had military planners meeting for the first two days discussing artificial intelligence for the service.

Brig. Gen. Matthew Easley, director of the Army AI Task Force is quoted in saying..

“Soldier lethality is fielding the Integrated Visual Augmentation Systems, or our IVAS soldier goggles that each of our infantry soldiers will be wearing,” Easley said. “In the short term, we are looking at fielding nearly 200,000 of these systems."

The IVAS is built on top of Microsoft’s HoloLens augmented reality tool. That the equipment has been explicitly tied to not just military use, but military use in combat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IVAS (Integrated Visual Augmentation System) is under development and is not nearly ready for short term deployment.

The squishy language is “short term”. And I’ll say no more.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I recognize a bystander in DK-Prof's photo set.

Quoted:

but what idiot thought that plants were needed.
View Quote
It's done quite often at mil trade shows to hide proprietary designs.

and yes, suspension design can be competitive.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I bet some delivery company employees were like "how the hell we supposed to get this chopper from the truck in the building, boss?"

Cool pictures thanks for the share.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bet some delivery company employees were like "how the hell we supposed to get this chopper from the truck in the building, boss?"

Cool pictures thanks for the share.
View Quote
Glad you liked them!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top