Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/27/2022 3:10:21 PM EDT
Yes, I do consider Elon Musk better than RINOS and majority of those on the left, but lets not kid ourselves thinking he is the next conservative messiah that will save America either.
He is not our enemy but not our ally like some here might be thinking he does what benefits himself and is a wildcard whereas most billionaires only follow the status quo and left think tank.
I do think it is great he bought out twitter to weaken the leftist's censorship cabal having a complete monopoly on social media.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Arfcom will find a reason to hate him soon enough
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Elon-gate?
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't worship him, and he has a number of stances I disagree with, but he's objectively 100 times better than the rest of our "elite."
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't see anyone holding up musk to be the next conservative messiah. I do see a lot of people happy to see someone stick a giant cactus up the leftist's vagine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Mgr is putting in overtime today.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]
He’s not 100%, but more than 50% good.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol, I ain't seen anyone worship the guy.

Plenty of folks getting a kick out of him making commies cry though. Me included!
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Elon Musk's Not-a-Flamethrower is Silly, and Not a Flamethrower
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't worship him, and he has a number of stances I disagree with, but he's objectively 100 times better than the rest of our "elite."
View Quote

This right here. I don't understand why he's been so polarizing - not just now, but over the last couple of years as well. It seems like a rather large number of people either completely love or completely hate him.

He's got some really good ideas in some areas, where I think he really is trying to make a positive impact. His thoughts on some other things, not so much - ranging from just "I don't agree with him" to "holy cow that's fucking stupid".
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Us?
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#11]
"Worship" is not the same as support.

Supporting Elon is imperative for our goals of free speech.

You don't have to like him or his beliefs about rocket ships and EV but you have to support his takeover of Twitter.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#12]
giving a fuck about what "people" think about you is exactly what's wrong with GOPe.  The left/media is going to hate you either way, don't worry about what they call you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol, I ain't seen anyone worship the guy.

Plenty of folks getting a kick out of him making commies cry though. Me included!
View Quote

This is where I'm at with all of it. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#14]
This is so tiresome.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#15]
The Elongated Muskrat should be President!

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
One does not need to be a "conservative" to save America.  They have never had the sack to save anything other than their own skin.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Agree 100%
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m not worshiping the guy, but he’s making the people I hate really sad right now so I’m giving him a thumbs up.

When he does a 180 and goes commie I can give him a bad review on Twitter.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Lol

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

He thinks for himself, which is a superpower in this day and age.

People say he's Ironman, but Ironman has no super powers.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#21]
It's in our nature to look for a savior, why do you think so many people are Christian?

We're all desperate to have someone save us, but nobody is going to.

That's why everyone on the right loved Trump, they thought he'd save us all.  We wouldn't have to do any of the hard work in life to save ourselves, nobody would have to do what the Founding Fathers did, because Trump or Elon or whoever is just going to save the day for us all.  

I don't blame us though, we're all overworked, underpaid, living by the seat of our pants trying to keep our families in the comfortable lifestyles we're all dangerously addicted to so nobody wants to do anything, myself included as I just want to enjoy my days.   I'm not down volunteering at some campaign headquarters right now or activist group, I'm not putting in hard work every day to make a difference, and neither is the bulk of America.  We just want someone else to take care of it for us and we'll have his or her back....way back.

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
One does not need to be a "conservative" to save America.  They have never had the sack to save anything other than their own skin.
View Quote

And this.

He’s doing more to rustle appropriate jimmies than any conservative to date.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This right here. I don't understand why he's been so polarizing - not just now, but over the last couple of years as well. It seems like a rather large number of people either completely love or completely hate him.

He's got some really good ideas in some areas, where I think he really is trying to make a positive impact. His thoughts on some other things, not so much - ranging from just "I don't agree with him" to "holy cow that's fucking stupid".
View Quote

Because everything is polarizing and you have to either hate or love everything.

He went from the left's EV savior of the planet to literally Hitler pretty damn quick.

The right just doesn't like the idea of EVs. I still don't, but Elon has been right about a lot since the 2020.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#24]
No. He smokes marijuana.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#25]
This thread is more like OP turn off the damn TV and live some life.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#26]
The obsession over Elon Musk is truly strange.

The second he 'bought/maybe will buy' Twitter-- Trump was held in contempt. Day 2? He's taking jabs at 'Truth Social'.

Truth social is now #1 on the app store..

I knew from the beginning this wasn't a win for conservatives.. he's just messing with the SEC/Vanguard/Blackrock over his unrealized gains being taxed.

Let's see if he can get the money together for Twitter.. I'm sick of his trolling and I assure you he's only on his side.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Nobody is worshipping him that didn’t worship him before.

It’s delightfully entertaining that a free speech advocate might be putting Twitter (a notorious censor of dissenting opinions) in a “fuck around and find out” situation, and watching the infocrats piss their pants over it.

As long as Elon is anti gun, he’s no friend of ours.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm hard pressed to think of " one of us'" who pulled off such a major score for freedom on purpose, let alone as an unintended consequence of their own self serving.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Democrats, for whom politics is very much an us-vs-them battle, will 100% ignore any wrongdoing from their own side and have zero self awareness or care about being hypocritical. This is how third world dictatorships and shitholes work.

Conservatives on the other hand, tend to celebrate people for making good decisions/actions and lambaste/destroy them when they do anything against their values. This is how the western world should work. This is how you encourage good actions and discourage bad actions.

So it is perfectly fine to cheer Elon in this moment for so far doing a good thing. If he does something bad, we will immediately and rightly turn on him. There is no need to worry about whether you will feel bad in the future for cheering him now if he does something bad in the future. Since what we care about is good actions and outcomes, not whether someone is on "our team" or not.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I dont worship Elon, but I will start if he changes the name from Twitter to MyspaceX.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#31]
New guy alert, new guy alert…all hands on deck…assume battle stations…

Chris
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Ugh, "making us look bad", who gives a fuck? Such a tired and weak "concern".

I don't see people worshiping him anyway, just those enjoying the entertainment he's provided.

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#33]
making us look bad to who? The left? that ship sailed and sank years ago. The far right? The Middle?

please tell us to whom you are referring
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Musk may give us a reason to hate him soon enough.  So be it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Is there a person anywhere on the economic scale that DOESN'T do things that benefit themselves?
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Op is correct. I don't think he is the savior of Twitter that he is being puffed up to be. He has all the ability in the world to reverse course, but I think we may be getting kavanaugh'd... In that there will be all this fuss and initial liberal tears, and then we find out that it is essentially status quo.

And that's only if the deal actually goes through... There is a small chance that it won't. In that case, would the stock increase being caused be greater than the $1 billion broken agreement fee? Could beat great marketing ploy by Twitter. And hell, they may even keep that in courts for years to come.

My guess, in the end, is that the purchase will happen, and it will be a disappointment to many of us. It will be better than before, but just kind of meh
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes, I do consider Elon Musk better than RINOS and majority of those on the left, but lets not kid ourselves thinking he is the next conservative messiah that will save America either.
He is not our enemy but not our ally like some here might be thinking he does what benefits himself and is a wildcard whereas most billionaires only follow the status quo and left think tank.
I do think it is great he bought out twitter to weaken the leftist's censorship cabal having a complete monopoly on social media.
View Quote

If anyone or anything related to this is making us look bad it's your post...
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#38]
i like rockets.

anything else doesn't matter a whole lot to me but he does some other cool shit too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Us? no, you the fanatics look just as you are.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm a decade ahead of that.  Is everyone forgetting how chummy he was with Obama/Biden?
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
making us look bad to who? The left? that ship sailed and sank years ago. The far right? The Middle?

View Quote

Conservatives
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope he buys out your membership next.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I will take someone that calls woke a “mind virus” and put $40+bln on the line for American free speech as an ally, any day of the week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Has he actually come out and said that or is everyone just presuming at this point?

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Conservatives
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conservatives

OP seems concerned.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't see anyone holding up musk to be the next conservative messiah. I do see a lot of people happy to see someone stick a giant cactus up the leftist's vagine.
View Quote

This. He’s done incredible things. Sticking it into Twitter in the name of free speech, which I believe he’s very sincere about, is just awesome.

I don’t care about his politics. I care that he’s fucking the mentally ill sanity of the left.

He’s certainly on my top 5 people I’d like to have dinner with.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#49]
See avatar
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Concern noted.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top