View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

You win
I kept waiting for you to post it.

What's the story on that?

I know it's Kulwicki (sp?) and it's a tubeframe "Thunderbird" but what's with the "UNDERBIRD" on the front air dam?  A screwup or intentional?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I know it's Kulwicki (sp?) and it's a tubeframe "Thunderbird" but what's with the "UNDERBIRD" on the front air dam?  A screwup or intentional?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You win

Alan was an owner drive with a very small team 1992. He put the underbird on there I think as a joke. In 1992 he won the Nascar championship defeating all the bigger teams. Its a great under dog story.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You win

That is turn 2 at Sears Point.  I have some prints of AK's car is the 1992 race around here somewhere.  Impossible to get to, but around here.

Winston Cup Scene had a cartoon in April of 1993.  Mighty Mouse on the hood of the 7 car crying.  Damn

ETA:   Sears Point is blue and yellow now  -- that is the cockscrew at Laguna Seca
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Alan was an owner drive with a very small team 1992. He put the underbird on there I think as a joke. In 1992 he won the Nascar championship defeating all the bigger teams. Its a great under dog story.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You win

He was running third in the points going into the 1992 Hooters 500 in Atlanta.  They left the "T" off and won the championship painted that way
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You win

This explains it better. He went to Nascar and Ford to get approval. http://www.speedwaymedia.com/?p=107661

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That is turn 2 at Sears Point.  I have some prints of AK's car is the 1992 race around here somewhere.  Impossible to get to, but around here.

Winston Cup Scene had a cartoon in April of 1993.  Mighty Mouse on the hood of the 7 car crying.  Damn
https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-geo-images/a7d78b01-1f1f-4f27-8d5d-80ca1f3e1724_l.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You win

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-geo-images/a7d78b01-1f1f-4f27-8d5d-80ca1f3e1724_l.jpg
Its a great story that helped to get more fans into the sport. I just don't think NASCAR car have like that any more and it has really hurt the sport.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I went with the other Supercharged car of the time, a Pontiac Bonneville SSEI.  I miss that car.

http://www.scorpiocars.net/images/Pontiac/1992%20Pontiac%20Bonneville%20SSEi_113432.jpg
View Quote

If I ever see a clean SEI for sale I'm buying it. I only saw two of them when I worked at a tire shop in the Detroit area. We saw just about every iteration of American car being in that town for sure. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw one. It was a bare bones base model with the supercharger and presumably suspension.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top