Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Murse who married nurse.

It's kinda true...
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I married a nurse over 32 years ago.  It’s been great. She’s now a CRNA. It’s even greater now.  We just spent the past hour sitting on the dock at our new lake home drinking Scotch and wine.  4 kids, now empty nesters with retirement on the horizon.
View Quote

My wife married me—an RN and later a CRNA
We don’t have a lake home or anything fancy but I think she wouldn’t change her mind if she could go back
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Life gets interesting when wifey is great with child and hubby had a vasectomy five years ago.
View Quote

I knew a guy who had a brother in that situation.  Guy had a vasectomy and some years later suddenly the wife is pregnant.  There is an extremely low chance that a man with a vasectomy can still impregnate a woman so his brother convinced himself this was the case even though they didn't have sex all that often. The guy didn't even want to take a paternity test because he "knew" his perfect wife would never cheat on him.

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Was this a study? I didn't see the study.

I bet Nicole Cain is a nurse.

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did a woman write that article?
View Quote

gender preference unknown. But goes by Nicole.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
If you marry a nurse or a cop, eventually they're going to have an affair with a coworker.   Just decide up front if that's ok.

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
HIGHLY ERRONEOUS ARTICLE
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I've married two of them....first one turned out to be a lazy, boring, life-sucking leach, and the second is absolutely my best friend, life partner, and completes me physically....so YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I’d like to marry a nurse
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been married to a wonderful nurse for"53" years. I have had a great life and would not change a thing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I've bedded many in my 20 years in EMS I've had 2 over the years that were marriage quality. My fault I didn't follow through on those but for the most part they like other women have some quirk mostly either alcohol or some other addiction or extreme narcissistic traits
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah... No...

I've been married to one for 15 years. Most are batshit crazy.  Including her and all of the bullshit that's followed.

Quoted:
I've bedded many in my 20 years in EMS I've had 2 over the years that were marriage quality. My fault I didn't follow through on those but for the most part they like other women have some quirk mostly either alcohol or some other addiction or extreme narcissistic traits
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm happier not being married to one..

Married two nurses..
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Every nurse I have known looked and talked like an educated professional…and was full on nuts…like the bad kind of crazy.  

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#15]
The happiest men end up not getting married at all
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
HIGHLY ERRONEOUS ARTICLE
View Quote
I read that quickly, and thought for a flash that it said "erogenous".
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Darva  Conger
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Its true in my case.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
discuss.

Nurses are a special breed of people who know how to be tough and loving. And men who marry nurses end up the happiest.

Actually, guys are attracted to nurses. They are smart, naughty, and tough. Almost everyone wants to talk with a nurse and have some kind of connection with a nurse. Nurses naturally give compassionate care to the people they love.

Old folks say if you marry a nurse, it will be like winning a lottery. Marrying a nurse is like hitting the jackpot.

(continued)

https://thinkaloud.net/the-happiest-end-up-men-who-marry-nurses/
View Quote

sounds........           WRONG
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#20]
So what happens after they marry the Nurses?
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

deny them your essence...at any cost.
acting like a serial killer is acceptable in these cases.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nurses have never flirted with me

Probably because I’m ugly and socially awkward

deny them your essence...at any cost.
acting like a serial killer is acceptable in these cases.

I only drink vodka and rainwater
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Scrubs.  

Sometimes they look great in scrubs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Happy guys fucking married nurses.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Finest woman I ever knew was a nurse. Sweet, kind, sexy! Coulda, shoulda married her, but I was colossaly stupid back then and let her get away.??????????

• Item 1

• Item 2

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Every nurse I have known looked and talked like an educated professional…and was full on nuts…like the bad kind of crazy.  

View Quote

spot on. they master the lingo to sound highly educated with purpose. but you strip away the veneer and its crazy town.
it took me a year of being in a large hospital to realize... "RN's are a No Go".
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a great deal of trouble convincing myself that the average ARFCOMer is a good source of who is and who is not "crazy".
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have a great deal of trouble convincing myself that the average ARFCOMer is a good source of who is and who is not "crazy".
View Quote

Words of wisdom!
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Wrong.  The horniest men end up marrying nurses.

Speaking from unwise experience.    
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Words of wisdom!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Words of wisdom!
Agreed
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Not for mdq, best day of my life was seeing the escaped mental patient, RN, in my rearview.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not for mdq, best day of my life was seeing the escaped mental patient, RN, in my rearview.
View Quote

I dicked a RN when I was fresh out of college and starting a new job in a OKC hospital. I woke up in the middle of the night to notice she wasn't in bed and my GSD was looking at me really odd. so I walked into the living room to find her laying nekkid in the floor and she had taken all my Deer Heads off the wall and laid them on the floor surrounding her.

I looked at my dog and he gave me the " This is on you bud, I got nothing" look. I woke her up and asked her why my deer mounts were on the floor and she replied " I wanted all the eye's to watch you fuck me". as if he understood what she said, my GSD just turned and walked back into the bedroom closet and laid down.

I'll be honest, this was a level of crazy I have never dealt with and I'm was raised around crazy redneck women of SE OK
that night I learned a valuable lesson. never bring them to your house.

always dick them at their own place or a hotel.

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Several years ago when I first started here, one of the cute young RNs, went into the bathroom across the hall from the charting station I was sitting at. I heard a "Pssst!". I turned around and she had the door part way open, she was buck naked, and giving me the come here wave.

HELL. NO.

Come learn later, she did that pretty often.

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Several years ago when I first started here, one of the cute young RNs, went into the bathroom across the hall from the charting station I was sitting at. I heard a "Pssst!". I turned around and she had the door part way open, she was buck naked, and giving me the come here wave.

HELL. NO.

View Quote

hell yes they do..
BTDT.

absolute freaks at work
hell look at some of the Reddit forums of women posting nudes at work. most of them are obviously taken in a clinical/hospital environment or with Scrubs half on.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Most nurses are crazy!
View Quote
I managed literally hundreds of nurses for a few years. Many were drama queens or had mental health issues. I will say they loved setting me up with daughters and nieces, so I never complained about all of the other bs I had to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

hell yes they do..
BTDT.

absolute freaks at work
hell look at some of the Reddit forums of women posting nudes at work. most of them are obviously taken in a clinical/hospital environment or with Scrubs half on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HELL. NO.

hell yes they do..
BTDT.

absolute freaks at work

Our crew quarters were across the hall from the nurses station they had a base station there when they would here us call the comm center to go 10-8 or back in the county the usual suspects would be nekkid in our racks when we got back. Ahhh the good old days
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

hell yes they do..
BTDT.

absolute freaks at work
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HELL. NO.

hell yes they do..
BTDT.

absolute freaks at work

edit: In retrospect being ugly I probably dodged a lot of bullets
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm happily married so I'm glad I've never met a nurse like the last few posts have described.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm happily married so I'm glad I've never met a nurse like the last few posts have described.
View Quote

Happily married also. The temptation is real, very real. I went from Combat Arms Infantry, Civil Affairs, then to Medical. Military nurses especially RNs are hands down damn good looking too. They are also mostly crazy.

The one nurse that was trying to get me into the bathroom with her was a solid 8/10 and a freak. Once I made it known that I was happily married and was not willing to cheat on my wife, the offers pretty much stopped. It still happens once in awhile though. I make it a point to never be alone with any female at the hospital.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#40]
dated two nurses

tried to date a third this year because i still didnt learn

all absolutely weird experiences, zero emotional capacity which I guess is how they do their job.

The last one was smoking hot, CRNA, seemed to relatively enjoy being around me while racing. Couldnt get over the weirdness. All of them would non stop watch cooking shows which is still weird to me

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Most swingers are nurses or teachers.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#42]
It's a large profession.

Especially if we're including Health Care Assistants, and so forth when we talk about "Nurses".  

However, my antidotal evidence has led me to conclude that most are fairly skewed on the hot/crazy matrix to where their crazy is slightly amplified than otherwise would be on the hot/crazy matrix.

Most nurses are under a fair amount of stress.  Medical Doctors in my experience very difficult people to work with, a lot of ego, a lot of attitude, and from a profession not that concerned with the business management of people (it's just not what they learn or are ever instructed on).   The turn over rate for a lot of our local health institutions is pretty high.  A lot of burn out in that field.  Women who are under stress, just like men frankly, are difficult to deal with.  A nurse can't take her frustration out on the Doctors and other staff they work with so when they get home and have a man they tend to take out their frustration on said man.  

If you want a happy and long marriage your best bet is to find a woman who is either in a very low stress career field or even better is willing to be a stay at home mother. The other thing you want to look for is a woman who has a happy family (parents and siblings), because that means less stress from family on her.  Essentially, you want a woman who is exposed to as little stress as humanly possible and will add as little stress as possible to your life. Reverse is basically true for women, although women may have to compromise since most high paying jobs are stressful and the man has to earn.  

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top