BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess the skeletons we have found are not definitive. Physical evidence lies. Damn it all!
View Quote

We've only found a handful of skeletons. It is incredibly unlikely that those skeletons represent the extremes of size. This ought to be obvious. Those skeletons most likely represent the average size.

If you had a dozen human skeletons picked at random, what are the odds that any of them are over 6'6? Damn close to zero. You're probably going to have one that's just over 6' and the rest shorter. Does your 6'1 skeleton prove that's as tall as humans get? Obviously not. Even if you found thousands of skeletons your odds of getting a 7'+ skeleton are so small they make lottery tickets look like a sound investment. The only way to figure out that humans might get that tall (i.e. to get the correct answer) would be with modelling and extrapolation.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, a past prolific poster stated that dinosaurs still roam in Africa…. Maybe they modeled from them there
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, a past prolific poster stated that dinosaurs still roam in Africa…. Maybe they modeled from them there
View Quote

Don't be ridiculous. Changes in diet mean that modern dinosaurs can't be compared to Cretaceous dinosaurs.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Bigfoot thread....
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad someone is looking into this important and timely subject.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#7]
“They warn it is still speculative until a fossilised specimen of this size is found”. Yeah everything about dinosaurs is 100% speculative.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
And the .45-70 will still knock it down.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There’s a theory they were mostly scavengers.
Clearly the legs look designed for speed and hunting.
I would be interested in what was there required food range in square miles.
Did they just wander around and eat or did they establish a home base with hunting grounds and mark their turf?
View Quote

If they were carnivorous, I can understand everything going extinct. They ate everything.

Same thing if they were herbivores. No plants left.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Feels like something a 2nd grader would make up.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top