Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Nice blank firing adapters  

Well, good to see that the war has jumped the shark
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
And???

Half the Scout Snipers I knew had the SS tat somewhere on their body...  This was years ago...

Yep, and none were 88ers

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Stands for Scout Sniper....get the sand out of your clits and STFU you bunch of liberal douchnozzles.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, my first reaction is that these are probably young 'uns who didn't know about it's use by the SS, and thought "that'd be cool, SS for Scout Sniper."

Meh.

ETA:  Fuck MSNBC

What if they muzzle swept someone with a unloaded gun for a photo? How would you feel then? huh?

If they did it for a vendor photo op then not halal. Your butt hurt about that thread is strong. The runes? meh. It's not like it was naked ladies painted on aircraft or anything.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't let them see this trailer....

1:00 mark  space shuttle satellite gunner!
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#6]
why can't we just wage war nicely?
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I personally stenciled skull and cross bones on the back of my platooms LAV-25s. Our call sign was renegade, and we had it on platoon t shirts too. Jolly rodger flags on antennas.

Pirates are evil!

Ban all (frightening) symbols immediately!
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Let me know when they start sawing the heads off of live captured prisoners

Until then I couldn't give a fuck less

I'm all for nuking the whole region and walking away

we (media) are taking out more troops than the insurgents
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I personally stenciled skull and cross bones on the back of my platooms LAV-25s. Our call sign was renegade, and we had it on platoon t shirts too. Jolly rodger flags on antennas.

Pirates are evil!

Ban all (frightening) symbols immediately!

Better start changing mottos too:

Death from Above = Tickles from Fluffy Clouds

You yell. We shell= Unicorns love you

Lightening from Sky. Thunder from the sea= Rainbows are pretty and Dolphins Love you

Etc.

Wouldn't want feelers hurt.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Seriously who cares.  The Swastika wasnt something the Nazi's made up.  I seem to remember that in Japan the monks still use the Swastika on the entrances for their places of worship.  

"The swastika (Sanskrit: स्वस्तिक) is an equilateral cross with its arms bent at right angles, in either right-facing (卐) form in counterclockwise motion or its mirrored left-facing (卍) form in clockwise motion. Earliest archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization of Ancient India as well as Classical Antiquity. Swastikas have also been used in other various ancient civilizations around the world. It remains widely used in Indian religions, specifically in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, primarily as a tantric symbol to evoke 'shakti' or the sacred symbol of auspiciousness. The swastika is also a Chinese character used in East Asia representing eternity and Buddhism."

He was posing with SS.  OMFG!!!! Fucking knee jerk idiots.  So if I go buy a Camaro SS that means I am trying to be a Nazi because my car has an SS on it?

minor note:  the oriental swastika was set flat, like a square.  the nazi version is set on point, like a diamond.

And faces the opposite direction.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Meanwhile, American hippies march under the hammer and sickle and not a peep of outrage from the media....

Here here.  Good point
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Well I guess not since all those guys have BFAs on their rifles.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
this civilian here could give two shits and a fuck. as long as they are doing their job, who cares. i am glad there are those out there willing to do what they do in order for me to bitch on an internet forum.

ANYOBODY but obama in '12
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Haven't they been using that logo since Vietnam???
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Once again the Corps will bow to the media and remove this from its history. I have been a Marine for 20+ years and the SS has always stood for Scout Sniper  and now everything must be PC and our Senior Leaders will not make a stand. Another sad day in the Corps. Chesty is puking his guts out right about now!
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What if some guys were photographed in a KISS t-shirt while in the military?  They use the Sig runes...

Would everyone be butthurt over that too?  I am thinking that in today's climate they just might.

Oddly, the German guy devised it.
The two Jews in the band didn't object.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#20]
talk about frikkin retarded

you make your flag look exactly the same as nazi SS flags and what do you figure is going to happen?

darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
the USMC DAK logo kicks ass

that is all

I might have worn this in Iraq on my last tour, and it might be my next tattoo, just sayin....
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Couple mouthbreathers posting comments on the local news website. Incidentally, this particular news channel is not far from Camp Lejeune and they never hesitate to throw up any news story that puts the Military in a bad light.

Also, no registering required to post a comment, in case anyone was curious
WITN
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Its pretty obvious that the SS means scout sniper and not Nazis

Yeah, that's exactly what those runic 's' mean.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#24]
"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't
allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!"

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its pretty obvious that the SS means scout sniper and not Nazis

Yeah, that's exactly what those runic 's' mean.  

This?

Sowilo Norse Rune?

Meaning

Wholeness, light, energy. Victory. Discovery, disclosure.

Characteristics

The spirit of life, the energy of the sun. Completeness. Spiritual awareness. Boundless energy, strength of character. The capacity to learn, the gift of understanding. Good health and fitness.

Although Sowilo is well known as a victory symbol, it can also be used as a force of attack. It is a positive force, because it is the natural power of the sun. Spiritually, Sowilo symbolizes clear vision, and the victories of light over darkness, good over evil. It admonishes one to use the powers of good to vanquish evil.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#26]
This is the second time this year the Marine Corps has had to do damage control to tell all those easily offended limp wristed fuck stains to "FUCK OFF AND DIE!" for its troops' actions.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

yup  

lots of my buddies have em as a tattoo.....

my give-a-fuck meter is pegged at 0

/thread.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Ha! Ha!

The reat of you didn't think ahead and when you bought fuck-o-meters you went cheap and bought the kind that started at zero.

I planned ahead and got one that shows vacuum give a fuck pressure.

Mine reads minus six right now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#29]
We as a nation killed a bunch of Nazis, stole their symbols because they lost, and wear them on our stuff now because we won and when you win you get to keep the enemies cool shit.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I wanna party with you cowboy!

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Runes were used for writing by Anglo-Saxons and Scandis for more than a thousand years. As posted earlier, the Nazis don't own em.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Gotta go with this.  I did a TAD with the sniper school at Quantico in 1994 and that logo was all over the place, including on about 80% of the skivvie shirts I saw being worn around.  It's hardly new news.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly, my first reaction is that these are probably young 'uns who didn't know about it's use by the SS, and thought "that'd be cool, SS for Scout Sniper."

Meh.

ETA:  Fuck MSNBC

What if they muzzle swept someone with a unloaded gun for a photo? How would you feel then? huh?
Uh o

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is the second time this year the Marine Corps has had to do damage control to tell all those easily offended limp wristed fuck stains to "FUCK OFF AND DIE!" for its troops' actions.

The pissing on dead enemies is expressly forbidden to our military. This is nothing like that.

This is nothing. That was people disobeying orders. They're different.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#35]
The Scout Snipers have been using SS runes and death heads for 20-30 years.  Every couple of years they crack down on it, than when the pressure goes away and they do it again.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Didn't a unit in the Marine Corps have a logo similar to an Afrika Corps logo? And much butthurt from those not in combat, much less in the military ensue?

That was a Gulf War thing and it was pretty cool.  Palm tree with an EGA where the swastika belonged.  I really liked it.  1st Tracks used it, maybe others.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#37]

are you fucking kidding me? is this really what the fucktards got their panties in a wad over?
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here we go again.....   It's as if there isn't enough news out there and they have to run with this crap.

Got to keep the flocks focus of the chosen one some how.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#39]
FUCK Liberal winey news fags
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Those of us on Facebook need to check out Victory Clothing and the ass whooping he is handing down about this.

Semper Fi.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#41]
People just look for dumb reasons to get offended.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#42]

OMGBBQ!!!!11!11!! They must be Nazis!!!!!!!11!

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Why should anyone give a fuck.

What piece of shit fuckstain in the media has such a hard on for the Marine Corps lately?

I was never a Marine(Army) but holy fuck they have been getting some blown way the fuck outta proportion undeserved PR lately
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Why should anyone give a fuck.

What piece of shit fuckstain in the media has such a hard on for the Marine Corps lately?

I was never a Marine(Army) but holy fuck they have been getting some blown way the fuck outta proportion undeserved PR lately

No shit, all this national outrage about a couple of Marines pissing on dead taliban. While our enemies proudly post videos of sawing off people's heads on camera while they're alive.

Makes me sick.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I had to give him a thumbs up, a few posts did get me laughing though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#47]
MSNBC means exactly jack shit.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

War is like sausage.

People want sausage, and they want war brought on our enemies. They just don't want to have to see the ugly way either one is made.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm shocked and appalled by this. Appalled. The USMC is renowned for their sensitivity, political correctness and commitment to not hurt other's feelings. Seeing these two sully that when they're supposed to instead be reaching the brainstems hearts of those who need our understanding most just dismayed me.
We look to the USMC to reach out to those who don't yet understanding us, to be America's cradling arms offering friendship and love. These two obviously don't carry that message in their harts. I'm sad for them and for those they've emotionally wounded.
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Very well written.  This is yet another example of proof that more sensitivity training is needed as part of annual training requirements for our Marines.  Obviously, there was a failure in the Marine's chain of command to take sensitivity training seriously.

It's kind of like how the Soviet forces, before the beginning of WWII, placed undue emphasis on education about Marxist-Leninist theory and loyalty to the state.  The more you focus on political correctness, the more you interfere with education and training about the practical aspects of battle, and the less effective your forces are.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Meanwhile, American hippies march under the hammer and sickle and not a peep of outrage from the media....

It was OK for the hippies to march under DRVN and NLF flags.  It was fine for the bastards to sew Old Glory on the seats of their jeans so that they could sit and fart on it.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top