BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 61
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A cool TTP that I was informed of, but never got the chance to use went as such:

Position in an alley or behind an obstacle so you are in concealment.  Keep the spool mostly coiled, and attach the loose end to the back of a HMMWV (or big truck's bumper) with 550 cord.  Attach the coil to a strong surface or double engineer stake.  Keep loosely bound with wire or break cord.

When you need to create a roadblock, or stop a speeding car, like running a VCP, hit the gas on the HMMWV to cross the road.  If a car enters the c-wire, it will get very bound up.  It can break the 550 cord off the HMMWV to allow it to get fully tangled, or you can affix it more firmly to stop it faster, but with some possible damage to that vehicle.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do we have any NBBs who are combat engineers? I just got offered a sweet deal on concertina wire and I need some info since I only know the most bare basics of that world.
A cool TTP that I was informed of, but never got the chance to use went as such:

Position in an alley or behind an obstacle so you are in concealment.  Keep the spool mostly coiled, and attach the loose end to the back of a HMMWV (or big truck's bumper) with 550 cord.  Attach the coil to a strong surface or double engineer stake.  Keep loosely bound with wire or break cord.

When you need to create a roadblock, or stop a speeding car, like running a VCP, hit the gas on the HMMWV to cross the road.  If a car enters the c-wire, it will get very bound up.  It can break the 550 cord off the HMMWV to allow it to get fully tangled, or you can affix it more firmly to stop it faster, but with some possible damage to that vehicle.  
I need some concertina wire
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
What I need to find were the plans we had outside our back gate. It was basically two jersey barriers in parallel that could be driven through.

But...there was a very heavy cable (1"+) wrapped around them in a specific fashion, and IIRC, through some U-bolts or eyes mounted in the barriers. There was a heavy latch hook or a way to secure the cable across the two at about hip height.

The barriers were wrapped so if a car ran through it, the cable would use the car's momentum to smash the barriers together.

Or, take the hook off the eye and allow it to be a permissive entry.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I put on my PC w/ front,back, and side plates and pack(45lb) for my morning stroll. Did a bit over 2 miles @ 16:15/mile. I had room to go a bit faster but wanted to start getting a baseline with the new stuff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I put on my PC w/ front,back, and side plates and pack(45lb) for my morning stroll. Did a bit over 2 miles @ 16:15/mile. I had room to go a bit faster but wanted to start getting a baseline with the new stuff.
View Quote
Yessssss
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do we have any NBBs who are combat engineers? I just got offered a sweet deal on concertina wire and I need some info since I only know the most bare basics of that world.

There is a shit load of it, still coiled up, lying around in the woods inside the fence of the Sandston VAARNG. Shoulda grabbed it when I had the chance.

Eta: I need a pc. . And a bigger ruck. My condor II is awesome, but not really suited for that much weight.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Look at all the Battle Buddies OP has spawned
View Quote
At least this OP hasn't caused people to spend money on sand mags and sand furniture

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Suppressed AR delivers one shot one kill ethical hunt.   The AR15 - good for home defense and hunting.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Suppressed AR delivers one shot one kill ethical hunt.   The AR15 - good for home defense and hunting.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109690/424DBE50-D9F6-4F8F-9B61-7EBBC01A0D38_jpeg-1169901.JPG
View Quote
Congrats!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Congrats!
View Quote
Thanks man, it was a difficult hunt.  It was hilarious dressing it with my host, a retired DEVGRU guy.  Apparently he's used to working with bodies
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109690/424DBE50-D9F6-4F8F-9B61-7EBBC01A0D38_jpeg-1169901.JPG
View Quote
Awesome, congrats!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
VENISON
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
You lose your shaving kit along with your 21st century camera?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm out of the Corps and a nasty civvie now
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Emphasis on nasty...but maybe it is beard envy because my beard game has always been super weak.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Congratulations!  Nice looking buck.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Emphasis on nasty...but maybe it is beard envy because my beard game has always been super weak.
View Quote
Yeah, but you'd smoke me running now.  I haven't ran since I got out. I did get down to a 6:30 500 freestyle, though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Longtime lurker, first-time poster that just moved to Alexandria (Fairfax) under the now-mistaken impression it would be better than MD. I have a beard and will sign up for the Dec. 7 hike at once.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Longtime lurker, first-time poster that just moved to Alexandria (Fairfax) under the now-mistaken impression it would be better than MD. I have a beard and will sign up for the Dec. 7 hike at once.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 3:03:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
At least our drivers are still better...?
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

these west va drivers though on back roads

good god
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#25]
MD drivers always drive like they're late for their own funeral.

VA drivers must have Geico where rear-enders are free - nobody else would pull into the left lane of an interstate straight off the on-ramp doing 35 mph. Either that or they're in an Edie Brickell song "I'm not aware of too many things ..."

And drivers from both areas have this habit of cutting semi-trucks off and complaining about the inevitable outcome.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
MD drivers always drive like they're late for their own funeral.

VA drivers must have Geico where rear-enders are free - nobody else would pull into the left lane of an interstate straight off the on-ramp doing 35 mph. Either that or they're in an Edie Brickell song "I'm not aware of too many things ..."

And drivers from both areas have this habit of cutting semi-trucks off and complaining about the inevitable outcome.
View Quote
California drivers are vastly better, I don’t understand why “merging” is so fucking hard for east coast drivers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

A promise I made myself when I separated is that i'll never be within regs again.

Not always rocking a full beard... but never in regs.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A promise I made myself when I separated is that i'll never be within regs again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well your rifles damn sure aren't spec.

Link Posted: 11/23/2019 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What can I say.

I like to party.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What can I say.

I like to party.
View Quote
You have RSVPd for the 7 Dec hike, right?
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What can I say.

I like to party.
Nope
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Bonchon in Leesburg has done a soft reopen. On December 1st they are having their grand opening. From 11:30-3:30 they are doing 5 wings for $1 for the first 500 customers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nope
View Quote
WTF...

Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Yeah.

So fucked up.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 1:10:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Word on the street has it that a BonChon is opening up at Virginia Gateway in Gainesville
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#39]
OP can the NBB declare war on traffic please?

Or as Shogun you can designate traffic a hate group or something.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
OP can the NBB declare war on traffic please?

Or as Shogun you can designate traffic a hate group or something.
View Quote
Futurama - War Were Declared
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My driver got our MRAP tangled up in concertina wire. I've also see it take out a stryker. That shit works. Takes a little more room to stop but it is a viable tactic.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My driver got our MRAP tangled up in concertina wire. I've also see it take out a stryker. That shit works. Takes a little more room to stop but it is a viable tactic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it looks pretty awesome.

I bet setting it up sucks though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's these special gloves with metal links covering your your fingers and palm we used to set it up.

Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Fuck.  I should do the 07 Dec hump.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There's these special gloves with metal links covering your your fingers and palm we used to set it up.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/0617/05/hawkeye-bwh-gloves-barbed-wire_1_c2f11a6a9648ea45a88fd4b53b383406.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/0617/05/hawkeye-bwh-gloves-barbed-wire_1_c2f11a6a9648ea45a88fd4b53b383406.jpg
Pic doesn't work. I want to see these crazy gloves
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Fuck.  I should do the 07 Dec hump.
View Quote
Yes you should
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109690/0DB4BA61-7C27-465C-88B4-1433742D9BFA_png-1173147.JPG
Weird. I get the heavy leather, but the little metal parts are odd
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109690/0DB4BA61-7C27-465C-88B4-1433742D9BFA_png-1173147.JPG
They allow the wire to slide off the glove instead of catching the leather.
Page / 61
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top