Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they made Commander Grayson's uniform tighter!! Not a bad thing.

Alara is cute. Too bad she's gone. I wish they would have sent her off in the firefight instead of quitting the fleet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#2]
So, is this gonna be an "Enemy Mine" deal?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping the Krill would shove her out the back...
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was a decent episode.

A little preachy, but in a generic sort of way.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorta, but with only a hint of success.

There was a solid exchange where Ed explains that most space fairing societies adjust to discovering they're not alone, and a few freak out and go xenophobic and aggressive, however it's something they could set aside if they try.  She replies that a people can't have morals without faith and that humans are merely animals with thumbs by our own admission.  But by the end it's clear that some gears are turning in her head, although she's still a true believer and definitely not about to lead a peace march.  Good acting on both sides of that one, chick playing the Krill was very good and McFarlane did some manly captain stuff without looking like an idiot.

Excellent use of Billy Joel at the end.

New hostile aliens tough enough to duke it out with the Krill, interesting possibilities there.

In other news, Adrianne Palicki just got engaged to Scott Grimes (Lt. Malloy)... wait, what!?

Guess he wore enough zippers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#6]
does he know she has fake tittays?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
So, when that relationship goes into the shitter which one of them will leave the show?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Do I spy a baby bump?

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#9]
There is no such thing as a good use of Billy Joel's music.  What a load of dreck.

This episode was watchable and entertaining and I'll say I liked it but I still say that the biggest problem with The Orville is Seth McFarlane.

Eliminate him and his overbearing emo touch from the show and it can be much better.

If you were to redo any episode of The Orville as an episode of Family Guy, it'd work.  And that's a problem!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I liked this episode.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Meh.  I couldnt get into it.  Boring as fuck. Jokes were sparse.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There was a solid exchange where Ed explains that most space fairing societies adjust to discovering they're not alone, and a few freak out and go xenophobic and aggressive, however it's something they could set aside if they try.  She replies that a people can't have morals without faith and that humans are merely animals with thumbs by our own admission.  But by the end it's clear that some gears are turning in her head, although she's still a true believer and definitely not about to lead a peace march.  Good acting on both sides of that one, chick playing the Krill was very good and McFarlane did some manly captain stuff without looking like an idiot.

New hostile aliens tough enough to duke it out with the Krill, interesting possibilities there.

In other news, Adrianne Palicki just got engaged to Scott Grimes (Lt. Malloy)... wait, what!?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxIvPUFV4AA4CjZ.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn. Good for him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Halston Sage was on Magnum P.I. last night.

(Yeah, I watch it. Don't judge me! )
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I really need to get caught up
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Bortus is on tonight's episode of SEAL Team.

I wasn't looking at the TV and then he started talking talking...
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Watching tonight's episode right now. Just started it and noticed Tom Paris is directing it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:50:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Pretty good, essentially a TOS episode, not TNG, since they didn't give a fuck what would happen when the fanatics found out about the solar sail, and they shot quite a few of them with FN P90's without weeping about it.  But seriously, there's gonna be a helluva genocide about ten years from now when the aliens launch their first orbital mission and notice something weird.  The writers chose not to explore that enormous loose end.  The solar sail launch was cool though.

Alara V2.0 has a mean streak completely counter to Halston Sage, gonna be tough to warm up to her.  She's got a definite Ensign Ro thing going on.

Ted Danson as an admiral.  I like Orville's admiralty, they often deliver bad news but they've got the civilian gov't breathing down their necks, and budget and resource problems, and they're doing everything they can on their end.  Unlike TNG, when they were just stupid assholes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 2:16:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Just wrapping up the episode.

Grayson shooting and blowing shit up.

Bortus with the ever present Hollywood cup and saucer grip.

Will someone please stop teaching actors cup and saucer?

Quoted:
Pretty good, essentially a TOS episode, not TNG, since they didn't give a fuck what would happen when the fanatics found out about the solar sail, and they shot quite a few of them with FN P90's without weeping about it.  But seriously, there's gonna be a helluva genocide about ten years from now when the aliens launch their first orbital mission and notice something weird.  The writers chose not to explore that enormous loose end.  The solar sail launch was cool though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Orville again doing a great job of putting in effects to compliment the show, not overwhelm like Discovery. They did at least address the loose end and say they didn't know what was going to happen.

Quoted:
Alara V2.0 has a mean streak completely counter to Halston Sage, gonna be tough to warm up to her.  She's got a definite Ensign Ro thing going on.
A good observation and, agreed. Waiting to see where they take her.

(She's not bad but she's not as hot...)
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 2:26:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Really good episode.

Mrs. FishKepr really likes the new security chief.  I’m not completely warmed up to her yet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:14:09 AM EDT
[#20]
So, in this model they make physical first contact on receiving a message via microwave transmission? Since this is speed of light here, and the message came from a different system, it would take years to reach them.

Also, in the old ST and TNG model, first contact was reserved for civilizations that had achieved warp-speed space travel. Are they not jumping the gun?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:18:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So, in this model they make physical first contact on receiving a message via microwave transmission? Since this is speed of light here, and the message came from a different system, it would take years to reach them.

Also, in the old ST and TNG model, first contact was reserved for civilizations that had achieved warp-speed space travel. Are they not jumping the gun?
View Quote
Captain Mercer specifically stated that any civilization that sends out a message asking for contact will be contacted by the Union as a matter of policy.

I have really enjoyed the last couple episodes after a slow start this season.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:22:10 AM EDT
[#22]
24 hours to leave orbit.
Begin 30 days of bad astrology sign.
12 hours to go.
Welcome new future leaders astrology sign.
Combined Birthday party is 4 weeks late.
I my have had a few beers, but wtf...
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:24:31 AM EDT
[#23]
That city looks like a combination of Chicago and San Francisco.

And the place where they land looks like the Music Center in downtown LA.

Ahh, IC. It was CSU Northridge in front of the library.

They need some imagination.

Now I see HESCOs.

Yeah, they need some imagination.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
24 hours to leave orbit.
Begin 30 days of bad astrology sign.
12 hours to go.
Welcome new future leaders astrology sign.
Combined Birthday party is 4 weeks late.
I my have had a few beers, but wtf...
View Quote
I’ll have to rewatch to get the proper timeline, but I’m pretty sure they were in orbit for a month before they got the 24hr notice to leave.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:26:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Cat reading paper meme. I should sbr a ps90
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Cat reading paper meme. I should sbr a ps90
View Quote
The first officer & Bortus had no problem letting loose with them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#27]
about ten years from now
View Quote
Unless that fake star is programmed to move correctly, it won't stay aligned with the constellation more than a few hours.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Captain Mercer specifically stated that any civilization that sends out a message asking for contact will be contacted by the Union as a matter of policy.
View Quote
If they didn't answer, maybe the Krill would.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Unless that fake star is programmed to move correctly, it won't stay aligned with the constellation more than a few hours.
View Quote
It was, they mentioned that as well as scan scrambling and fake telemetry signal would be sent back to say it was farther away than it really is.

But the real problem is that it's in friggin orbit right around the planet, how the hell do you visually hide that? Why the hell wasn't it put further away?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Stupid episode, this show is completely losing it's entertainment value.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#31]
I want to beat Seth MacFarlane severely.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I want to beat Seth MacFarlane severely.
View Quote
He always reminds me of Fievel Mousekewitz.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Derivative of STTNG Tasha Yar and Data.  Isaac is a dildo.

We get it, people in the future are just like people now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#34]
And now McFarlane indulges himself in his love of showtunes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I catch it tomorrow night on demand.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I catch it tomorrow night on demand.
View Quote
Watch it with your S/O, it's brimming with estrogen...
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#38]
So it feels like the Orville mocked TNG recital scenes a little by bringing in a full symphony.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:00:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So it feels like the Orville mocked TNG recital scenes a little by bringing in a full symphony.
View Quote
LOL  he had to one up a classic series!
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Tonight's episode sponsored by Snap On Tool.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Except, Alara and Ro are good looking instead of disgusting.z
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:51:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Some funny parts on tonight's episode.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hummm which show was that?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 1:49:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow, Mrs. FishKepr is like a roller coaster watching this.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 2:20:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Norm!
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 2:46:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Very few sites are posting about Halston Sage and McFarland's relationship and if it was why she left the show.

http://liverampup.com/entertainment/seth-macfarlane-girlfriend-gay-wife.html

Seems she moved on....
https://www.eonline.com/news/970769/halston-sage-and-charlie-puth-show-pda-in-a-pool-amid-dating-rumors
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#48]
I can't believe they poured all that water on the bridge set, it had to have wrecked a ton of stuff.  No way were the bridge stations built to be waterproof, and I didn't see any covers on them, and I'm 99% sure it wasn't green screened.  Makes me think that was the last scene to be shot on that set, that they're building a "refit" bridge set, or maybe even an Orville-A is in the near future.  That scene was either part of an extraordinarily expensive remodeling or will be disastrous to future production as shit rusts, falls apart, and mildews.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can't believe they poured all that water on the bridge set, it had to have wrecked a ton of stuff.  No way were the bridge stations built to be waterproof, and I didn't see any covers on them, and I'm 99% sure it wasn't green screened.  Makes me think that was the last scene to be shot on that set, that they're building a "refit" bridge set, or maybe even an Orville-A is in the near future.  That scene was either part of an extraordinarily expensive remodeling or will be disastrous to future production as shit rusts, falls apart, and mildews.
View Quote
Or they built a cheap bridge set to rain on. It'll probably be reused for the inevitable battle scene where a computer explodes and throws a redshirt across the bridge.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Damn. Good for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn. Good for him.
Adrianne Palicki is hot as hell. What a bod. Grimes did good.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top