BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's true. There were Afghan pilots, but the air crews were pathetic.  Plus, they don't have access to the parts they'll need nor the ability to manufacture them and replace them themselves.

All those aircraft will be rusting away in a year's time.  Although some of the Russian helicopters may stay operational for awhile, but very few.
View Quote

Sure. Bunch of savages will never keep them in the air.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yep:  the Afghan pilots (and everyone else for that matter) were known for switching to the winning side whenever one side got the upper hand.

Several of the pilots we worked with had fought against each other (and even killed one of the other’s family members) in the post-Soviet civil war.

They actually laughed about it:

“He killed my brother when he was Taliban!”

“That’s nothing, he killed my father when he was North Alliance.”

“But now we are all brothers in the Afghan Militia Force!”

Crazy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With our gift of helicopters, being a valuable pilot or mechanic is a sure fire "get out of having your head cut off" card.

Yep:  the Afghan pilots (and everyone else for that matter) were known for switching to the winning side whenever one side got the upper hand.

Several of the pilots we worked with had fought against each other (and even killed one of the other’s family members) in the post-Soviet civil war.

They actually laughed about it:

“He killed my brother when he was Taliban!”

“That’s nothing, he killed my father when he was North Alliance.”

“But now we are all brothers in the Afghan Militia Force!”

Crazy.

In your opinion, why were they laughing about killing off (close) family members? Dark humor?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If shit like this is true, we're probably leaving US citizens behind to give them flight training before they get beheaded.

https://media.patriots.win/post/RCPD6ZCX.jpeg
View Quote

LMFAO
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The stupidity to not recognize we trained Afgani forces to use them, they switch sides or die.
View Quote
Assuming they were ever on our side to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm sure we've left piles of parts, and it's already been documented that we've left pallets of cash.  With all of the other classified data that's been left behind for them, I'm sure they have service manuals and enough spare cash to buy some Chinese help.  Hell, why don't we throw in a few F14 engines for Iran while we're at it, with $100 bills used as packing material in the crates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't know how to maintain them. They won't be airworthy for long.
I'm sure we've left piles of parts, and it's already been documented that we've left pallets of cash.  With all of the other classified data that's been left behind for them, I'm sure they have service manuals and enough spare cash to buy some Chinese help.  Hell, why don't we throw in a few F14 engines for Iran while we're at it, with $100 bills used as packing material in the crates.
They'll send some of the Blackhawks to China, allow China to strip the helos apart... and then it won't be long before literally every single part will be reproduced by China.

China is great at reverse engineering, and reproducing what other people already created.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If shit like this is true, we're probably leaving US citizens behind to give them flight training before they get beheaded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All I've read from liberals is there's no chance of them even getting the aircraft started let alone airborn

I have to ask... when he says "Clean".... does he mean *ACTUAL* cleaning? Like... janitorial type shit!?
*OR* does it mean burning classified documents, destroying equipment to be abandoned etc (you know, shit they should have been doing all along)?
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#8]
This is not possible. GD has assured us they wouldn't have the skill or training to operate the abandoned helicopters.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm surprised those non toilet paper using scumbags can get a chopper off the ground.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm surprised those non toilet paper using scumbags can get a chopper off the ground.
View Quote

Why? We trained them.

Your average Afghani is probably singing the who right now. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They'll send some of the Blackhawks to China, allow China to strip the helos apart... and then it won't be long before literally every single part will be reproduced by China.

China is great at reverse engineering, and reproducing what other people already created.
View Quote

China already can.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd watch the video. That dude looks dead.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1432347902026911746
View Quote

nah there is another video on twitter showing much closer. dudes hanging out waving to people every now and again. Definately not hung.
Now maybe we can just be isolationists and start funding our own debts and tell the rest of the world to FO.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Assuming they were ever on our side to begin with.
View Quote

Blue on green didn't mean a thing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't know how to maintain them. They won't be airworthy for long.

China already has Blackhawks.

Link
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top