BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, in MY opinion, and this only speaks for me... I'm not saying Trump is perfect by any means. He fucked up.....quite a bit. But his economy pre-covid was stellar. Covid....he fucked up. But he was also facing pressure from both sides to close it down and fire up the money printer and was in a situation no modern day president has had to deal with. It not an excuse, but I understand.
View Quote

He was damned if he did, damned if he didn't.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, in MY opinion, and this only speaks for me... I'm not saying Trump is perfect by any means. He fucked up.....quite a bit. But his economy pre-covid was stellar. Covid....he fucked up. But he was also facing pressure from both sides to close it down and fire up the money printer and was in a situation no modern day president has had to deal with. It not an excuse, but I understand.

The only reasonable measure of how a leader acted during Covid is to benchmark him against his peers.

Trump did about the same as other world leaders.  Which is to say, he did a reasonable job.  That is all one can expect in an unprecedented situation.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
They are not switching sides bro. Everyone born after 1995 or so is also voting D for the rest of their lives. It’s over.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The only reasonable measure of how a leader acted during Covid is to benchmark him against his peers.

Trump did about the same as other world leaders.  Which is to say, he did a reasonable job.  That is all one can expect in an unprecedented situation.
View Quote
I expect in the only country where freedom and rights is a priority that our leader do a bit more on the side of freedom rather than fully supporting tyranny like every other world leader.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I expect in the only country where freedom and rights is a priority that our leader do a bit more on the side of freedom rather than fully supporting tyranny like every other world leader.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, we have never had an above average president in my lifetime.  The bar is not set that high.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You mean like the 'red wave' in the last election?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Meh, we have never had an above average president in my lifetime.  The bar is not set that high.
View Quote

What part of the election process leads to elected reps that might be considered above average in any category?

If there is any category or domain where an elected rep excels, please define it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What part of the election process leads to elected reps that might be considered above average in any category?

If there is any category or domain where an elected rep excels, please define it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point, I would define “excel” as “not fucking up the country much more”.  The best politicians are those that accomplish absolutely nothing.

What is your definition?

Or have I misread your question?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

At this point, I would define "excel" as "not fucking up the country much more".  The best politicians are those that accomplish absolutely nothing.

What is your definition?
View Quote

Honestly I can't think of a single thing. All politicians are swamp.

When was the last time a politician accepted office, did not grow their net worth 1000%, and did not grow their budget or deficit spending? Someone who assumed office with the intent to represent their electorate in scope of traditional auspices of government? Certainly hasn't happened in my 37 years.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What else was there to do? NO ONE knew what that shit was. He surrounded himself with poor advisors who fed him lies and bullshit. Yeah that’s on him. The response, I’m not buying it. What else was there to do? Let the economy crash into nothing? Yes, the spending was bullshit, we know that now. Four to six months in? Not so much.

The difference between his spending is that he was trying to keep HIS country afloat. Now? We’re just giving billions away to even more corrupt foreign powers and for what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a household of six. My grocery bill is over $1k a month. It sure as fuck wasn’t under Trump.

Trump's Federal Reserve increased the nation's money supply 40% in one year.  It was obscenely fiscally irresponsible, and is a major reason we have such high inflation (it took a while for the huge glut in money to work its way through the system and jack up prices, which is why we didn't really see it when Trump was in office).

This is not a defense of Biden's awful economic policies, but you should realize that Trump bears a lot of responsibility for your grocery bill.

Trump's first three years were mostly good, but his policies, especially the economic ones, under COVID during his last year in office were horrid.

https://goldexapp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/US-money-supply-growth.png

What else was there to do? NO ONE knew what that shit was. He surrounded himself with poor advisors who fed him lies and bullshit. Yeah that’s on him. The response, I’m not buying it. What else was there to do? Let the economy crash into nothing? Yes, the spending was bullshit, we know that now. Four to six months in? Not so much.

The difference between his spending is that he was trying to keep HIS country afloat. Now? We’re just giving billions away to even more corrupt foreign powers and for what?

Any economic literate knows what happens when that much $$$ gets printed.  I mentioned this in my post earlier in this thread, so I'm probably grey-barred by a few people since the point didn't get attention.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They are not switching sides bro. Everyone born after 1995 or so is also voting D for the rest of their lives. It’s over.
View Quote

Funny enough all my staff that age and younger are voting R. My brother-in-law announced a few weeks ago he was supporting trump for the first time. I don't think he has ever bothered to vote and definitely leaned left a tad. I am not saying that means anything, its just the truth.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Funny enough all my staff that age and younger are voting R. My brother-in-law announced a few weeks ago he was supporting trump for the first time. I don't think he has ever bothered to vote and definitely leaned left a tad. I am not saying that means anything, its just the truth.
View Quote

Trump isn’t a conservative.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
These are not isolated instances, it's happening all over. I honestly feel like those who downplay it are either leftist plants trying to instill a defeatist attitude in their opposition or people who don't give a fuck and just want to watch the world burn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to a local gas station then the liquor store next door. At the gas station the attendant was listening to a Trump rally on his phone. When I mentioned something about it he went on a 10 minute tirade about Biden, Epstein, FBI and what not then told me to God bless as I left. At the liquor store the guy working there was probably 25 or so and mentioned how Biden has fucked up the economy when I mentioned how prices went up. He went on a similar 10 minute tirade and was surprisingly knowledgeable about all the bullshit that has been happening.

A woman showed up at the lobby at work to get some items that were found and somehow ended up on long diatribe about Biden and how shitty the world is now due to libs. I don't know if it will translate to anything at the polls but I have never seen people act like this in my life.
These are not isolated instances, it's happening all over. I honestly feel like those who downplay it are either leftist plants trying to instill a defeatist attitude in their opposition or people who don't give a fuck and just want to watch the world burn.

This is exactly what they are, and there are too many here - any relevant thread gets quickly sidetracked by their transparent BS
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top