BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:25:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NRA_guy:

We don't. As proven in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

A country cannot win a war by fighting defensively, by refusing to use higher grade weapons than the enemy has, or by refusing to hit "civilian" targets.
View Quote

US and allies objective in Korea was to remove communist forces from South Korea.   North Korea and China's objective was to conquer South Korea.

Allied victory.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Laughs in sunshine in a can.
View Quote
Better check on what Obama did to our nuclear weapons systems
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

If China can't get outside of the first island chain, they're confined to their salty lake.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

I’m guessing that’s why they put bases in Burma / Myanmar and the new port in Sri Lanka over India’s protest  https://im.indiatimes.in/media/content/2017/Jun/strings_1498042034_725x725.jpg
View Quote

Pearl necklace?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:45:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Need to define what winning is to determine whether we lose or not.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#6]
The best way to win a war is to remove the enemy's desire to fight.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

What, exactly, are Saudi ground troops going to do? Maybe be a speed bump, if they can do anything. 
View Quote

Go in to "police" the area so our guys don't have to. They are used to keeping peasants under the boot; it's all they are good for.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Lucifer_Sam:

If you mean the Chinese people, I think their "innocence"-I suppose- in all this is pretty exaggerated. They seem to be pretty nationalistic, and don't have any compunctions about taking their side first, no matter what. I actually kind of admire that, frankly.. at least a lot more than I admire the sniveling pseudo intellectuals on our side who put us last, no matter what.
View Quote

I don't really care if they are nationalist, or racist. Just not expansionist.
Let the Kuomintang have the nation, and restrict their means of projecting power by treaty and trade.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

If the US.mil doesn't train for their combat nets to go dark, they are criminally negligent. Anybody with a brain knows PLA has invested heavily in hacking and cyber combat.
View Quote

If all command and control was lost due to an electronic black out; we would really have the advantage. The relative freedom of decision and movement of the US troops has always been astounding to other nations. I really don't see the CCP allowing anything near the autonomy our people get.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#10]
As far as training for satellite blackout conditions, the U.S. Military does train for defending our satellites and also for poking out our adversaries for at least 10 years now.  

https://aerospaceamerica.aiaa.org/u-s-air-force-to-expand-space-flag-satellite-war-game/

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a15949440/air-force-no-gps-red-flag/

Plus, we know how to jam their satellites too:  https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a31703515/space-force-first-weapon/

The U.S. Space Force has received its first offensive weapon system, but it may not be what you think. The “weapon” is actually a jammer capable of preventing adversaries from accessing their own military communications satellites. While that may not sound like much on the surface, it has huge implications for modern armed forces that rely on satellites to receive orders from home.

The Space Force’s 4th Space Control Squadron, based at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado, received a Counter Communications System Block 10.2 system. The Pentagon described it in 2019 as a:

“...expeditionary, deployable, reversible offensive space control (OCS) effects applicable across the full spectrum of conflict. It prevents adversary Satellite Communications (SATCOM) in Area of Responsibility (AOR) including Command & Control (C2), Early Warning and Propaganda, and hosts Rapid Reaction Capabilities in response to Urgent Needs.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Socio:

Simple, the flip the switch, give us two weeks to descend into complete chaos, walk in and take over.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jackal-FnM:

I remember reading something a while back about how our infrastructure, power grids etc... are for the most part unprotected and that we really don't know what kind of inroads foreign powers may have made in to compromising them.

If they have the ability to flip the switch and shut us down the land war won't be 6,000 miles from home it would be marching right down our streets dressed in Chinese uniforms.

And how are they going to be just marching down the street.

Simple, the flip the switch, give us two weeks to descend into complete chaos, walk in and take over.

Simultaneous LOL! and WTF?

If people accept the premise that conquering China (as in taking the land by force) would be very difficult, then conquering the US would be a 1000 times more difficult. No country has the military the capability of occupying the US. If you seriously believe that you are massively delusional. The Chinese can't even take an island less than a 100 miles off their shoreline. They couldn't even invade their land border neighbors and hold the territory. And you think they could force project across the ocean and march down American streets? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Could be that I just didn't pick up on the sarcasm...
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#12]
China probably cannot trust its own military enough to give them all live ammo.

Global times is CCP news.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Was thinking on this same thing:  They don't have to beat us in a stand up fight.  They can proxy us to death in a variety of arenas.

They can supply weapons and training to terrorist groups.

They can offer logistical, military and intelligence support to North Korea.

They can distract us by threatening Taiwan with a small force, while swinging north and south Pacific to capture oil reserves they desperately need.

All the while, everyone else with an axe to grind will lash out while we aren't there to stabilize things:  Russia would want to get in on something, Africa would devolve quickly, Iran would start getting MUCH more froggy than what they are now, Pakistan and India would start shoving each other, etc...  We are the stabilizing force in the world and while other nations hate that idea, it's a reality.  Our currency and language are almost universal in the world, our military is feared and revered, our tech and innovations are still ongoing with other countries only aspiring to be us or copying us, and our cultural reach has no bounds.  But, if we're bogged down with SEVERAL hot spots, we can't effectively police the world.  Whether we should have in the first place, I'll leave to folks smarter than I.

China would not openly attack us.  We would not openly attack China.  China would only step up what they've done for almost two generations now:  Supply arms to our enemies and asymmetrical warfare.  They did it in Vietnam, they did it in Korea (yes, including raw troops thrown at us), they currently do it with North Korea in the form of aid and non-aggression and in the Middle East.

All in all, due to this virus and American decadence over the past 40-50 years, China is getting stronger while we squabble over who gets to hold the nation's credit card to fund cultural and racial programs aimed at subverting our national defense, cultural identity and hand the keys to the nation to a crowd of pushy, mindless, loud, arrogant and aimless lumpenproletariat that don't care that we were the nation reaching for the stars not more than 60 years ago and have reverted into a primordial swamp of cultural masturbation, decay and laziness, all funded by the government.

Nukes?  Sure, we have nukes.  They have nukes.  Lots of folks have nukes and the instant the first one flies, EVERYONE with one will whip them out like a teenage date night to fuck anything resembling a hole.  Doesn't matter that China shot first, or whatever.  Everyone else that has them will come to the realization that once that genie is out of the bottle, they'll launch so that they don't lose them in a first strike.  "If it's okay for US/China to use them, then it's okay for us".  We'd or they'd launch, everyone else would as well.

The only allies in the region are very limited:
Vietnam?  Still sore about the 60s-70s.  MIGHT let us put an airbase until someone starts threatening.
South Korea?  The Norks would keep them VERY busy and their national self interest would trump any altruistic efforts to "push the Chinese back".
Taiwan?  Small military, we need to give them missile defense systems but are slow in that regard.  Their threat comes from direct invasion and would be a distraction from our goal.  We need to acknowledge them as a nation-state as well.
India, Pakistan?  Pakis are pieces of shit that fuck us over whenever it's convenient to them and India would have their hands full pushing against Pakistan.  Their war would be two front:  Protecting their eastern flank with their border with China and from Pakistan.  Their troops would not enter Chinese territory during this even.
Japan?  We still have them neutered and their "one screwdriver away from a nuke" concept is great, but limited.
Phillipines, Malaysia, Mongolia?  Dunno man...
Russia?  LOL  Oh wait, you're serious, let me laugh harder.  We saw what happened after WW2.  They play nice until the paper the non-aggression/cooperation act is signed upon is worthless.

The near future conflict will be very limited in scale, no direct invasions of each other and will use proxies.  Arm Taiwan heavily, military cooperation with Indonesia and the surrounding area, push for removal of military restrictions in Japan and don't count on Russia.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By vxtip545:
It's hilarious that the CCP thinks their propaganda bullshit works outside of their own country.  It's really sad that it probably does work on a lot of Liberals who would gladly be communists.
View Quote

Look at this thread and others like them. If you even mention the word 'hypersonic' half this forum collapses to its knees fully buying the communist propaganda. Its kinda sad, really.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

300 warheads is the number generally agreed on by the western intel agencies. I don’t know how you expect to confirm that. It’s not like they’re going to give guided tours or something. Given the nuclear capabilities of France and even Israel it certainly seems well within reason, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10-20? LOL. You might want to rethink that. The Chinese have at least 300 nuclear warheads in the megaton range. Even if they assigned 3 or more per target at our largest cities just to make sure at least one got through, wed be looking at 10 times that.

People don’t think nuclear war be like it is, but it do.

is it confirmed they have that many actual nukes......or is this like their aircraft carrier situation.....

300 warheads is the number generally agreed on by the western intel agencies. I don’t know how you expect to confirm that. It’s not like they’re going to give guided tours or something. Given the nuclear capabilities of France and even Israel it certainly seems well within reason, though.

That number is a complete and utter joke and I question your assertion that it's "generally agreed on by the western intel agencies". Anyone that really believes it is soft in the head.

https://jamestown.org/program/chinas-underground-great-wall-and-nuclear-deterrence/

https://thediplomat.com/2011/08/chinas-underground-great-wall/

https://www.belfercenter.org/publication/chinas-underground-great-wall-subterranean-ballistic-missiles

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/georgetown-students-shed-light-on-chinas-tunnel-system-for-nuclear-weapons/2011/11/16/gIQA6AmKAO_story.html

And this is decade old intel which may as well be an eternity.

Originally Posted By INV136:
Who is behind this Global Times commie propaganda news and why is Op a member of their readership? Sounds like a bunch of Fake News BS just like CNN, MSNBC, and NPR.    Op really needs to re-evaluate where he gets his misinformation. Tomorrow he'll be quoting Russia Today, Al-Jazeera, Izvestia, and Info Wars.  

No OP doesn't because the point is entirely over your head, as it is I suspect for most of GD.

Quoted:
Why a multi front war?

They can't bring it here or anywhere.

Sink their coastal defense force they call the People's Army Navy, set up a blockade of the very limited approaches to China and starve them of fuel and food.

That's definitely going to happen. We'll get right on that after we're done negotiating peace treaties with the cave dwelling Taliban.

Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/208260/51548A6F-027D-47A9-A0B3-EF9CA8C7B611-1413618.jpg

I imagine it would look like this, before it got a LOT brighter...

Nope... Welcome to 2005.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:34:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By hauslp:

Pearl necklace?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By w100vrm:

All in all, due to this virus and American decadence over the past 40-50 years, China is getting stronger while we squabble over who gets to hold the nation's credit card to fund cultural and racial programs aimed at subverting our national defense, cultural identity and hand the keys to the nation to a crowd of pushy, mindless, loud, arrogant and aimless lumpenproletariat that don't care that we were the nation reaching for the stars not more than 60 years ago and have reverted into a primordial swamp of cultural masturbation, decay and laziness, all funded by the government.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hauslp:

Pearl necklace?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a5/9d/4e/a59d4e5527bae53e53e64ea1c3040c09.jpg

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

That number is a complete and utter joke and I question your assertion that it's "generally agreed on by the western intel agencies". Anyone that really believes it is soft in the head.

https://jamestown.org/program/chinas-underground-great-wall-and-nuclear-deterrence/

https://www.belfercenter.org/publication/chinas-underground-great-wall-subterranean-ballistic-missiles

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/georgetown-students-shed-light-on-chinas-tunnel-system-for-nuclear-weapons/2011/11/16/gIQA6AmKAO_story.html

And this is decade old intel which may as well be an eternity. 

No OP doesn't because the point is entirely over your head, as it is I suspect for most of GD.

That's definitely going to happen. We'll get right on that after we're done negotiating peace treaties with the cave dwelling Taliban.

Nope... Welcome to 2005.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mrcatbert:
Originally Posted By M-cameron:

10-20? LOL. You might want to rethink that. The Chinese have at least 300 nuclear warheads in the megaton range. Even if they assigned 3 or more per target at our largest cities just to make sure at least one got through, wed be looking at 10 times that.

People don’t think nuclear war be like it is, but it do.

is it confirmed they have that many actual nukes......or is this like their aircraft carrier situation.....

300 warheads is the number generally agreed on by the western intel agencies. I don’t know how you expect to confirm that. It’s not like they’re going to give guided tours or something. Given the nuclear capabilities of France and even Israel it certainly seems well within reason, though.

That number is a complete and utter joke and I question your assertion that it's "generally agreed on by the western intel agencies". Anyone that really believes it is soft in the head.

Who is behind this Global Times commie propaganda news and why is Op a member of their readership? Sounds like a bunch of Fake News BS just like CNN, MSNBC, and NPR.    Op really needs to re-evaluate where he gets his misinformation. Tomorrow he'll be quoting Russia Today, Al-Jazeera, Izvestia, and Info Wars.  

No OP doesn't because the point is entirely over your head, as it is I suspect for most of GD.

Originally Posted By JPK:
Why a multi front war?

They can't bring it here or anywhere. 

Sink their coastal defense force they call the People's Army Navy, set up a blockade of the very limited approaches to China and starve them of fuel and food.

That's definitely going to happen. We'll get right on that after we're done negotiating peace treaties with the cave dwelling Taliban.

Originally Posted By MedPig:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/208260/51548A6F-027D-47A9-A0B3-EF9CA8C7B611-1413618.jpg

I imagine it would look like this, before it got a LOT brighter...

Nope... Welcome to 2005.

Nothing that you posted contradicted what I said. The estimates in your links are all between 250-400 warheads. 300 is the number typically used as the “best guess.” Try reading your own links next time.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Biscuit42:
China is not our biggest threat as Americans.  Our elected politicians are the real problem that needs to be delt with before anything.  The swamp is thick
View Quote

this. China is a close second.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Nothing that you posted contradicted what I said. The estimates in your links are all between 250-400 warheads. 300 is the number typically used as the “best guess.” Try reading your own links next time.
View Quote

Yeah, I can definitely see them going to the effort and expense to build 3,000+ miles of underground tunnels, long enough to cross the US, for just 400 warheads max when they've already got a bunch of those deployed on SSBNs, road/rail mobile ICBMs, as well as fixed ICBM silos.

I mean, no way would Commies totally conceal a bunch more nukes than what everyone would think in all that space. Right?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Well in any sort of real conflict with China US submarines would put an end to oil shipments flowing into the South China sea at which point it's just a waiting game.

Glassing one of their artificial islands as a show of resolve doesn't feel like a bad idea either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#23]
FAAFO
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Armed_Scientist:
Well in any sort of real conflict with China US submarines would put an end to oil shipments flowing into the South China sea at which point it's just a waiting game. 

Glassing one of their artificial islands as a show of resolve doesn't feel like a bad idea either.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Paul:

They wouldn't be the first nation to make that exact same mistake. 
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paul:
Originally Posted By Sundowner08L:
Winning requires will we don't have.

They wouldn't be the first nation to make that exact same mistake. 

" I fear that all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant "
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Washington Post today - Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Washington Post today - https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/27A3B542-502A-4E7C-8E8A-A2D93FDC9774_jpe-1415575.JPG
View Quote

Well that settles it, wapo has aids.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Washington Post today - https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/27A3B542-502A-4E7C-8E8A-A2D93FDC9774_jpe-1415575.JPG
View Quote

Does anyone think that the US would show their true military capability in a war game with china or any other country?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:

https://i.imgur.com/xF1qncx.gif
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/xF1qncx.gif

Originally Posted By ARDunstan:

Does anyone think that the US would show their true military capability in a war game with china or any other country?

Originally Posted By eriear:

Well that settles it, wapo has aids.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We can absolutely fight and win unjust wars, it's weather we have the stomach for just ones that I worry about.
View Quote

We must fight the tyrants rain!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Nothing that you posted contradicted what I said. The estimates in your links are all between 250-400 warheads. 300 is the number typically used as the “best guess.” Try reading your own links next time.
View All Quotes

10-20? LOL. You might want to rethink that. The Chinese have at least 300 nuclear warheads in the megaton range. Even if they assigned 3 or more per target at our largest cities just to make sure at least one got through, wed be looking at 10 times that.

is it confirmed they have that many actual nukes......or is this like their aircraft carrier situation.....

300 warheads is the number generally agreed on by the western intel agencies. I don’t know how you expect to confirm that. It’s not like they’re going to give guided tours or something. Given the nuclear capabilities of France and even Israel it certainly seems well within reason, though.

Why a multi front war?

Sink their coastal defense force they call the People's Army Navy, set up a blockade of the very limited approaches to China and starve them of fuel and food.

Nope... Welcome to 2005.

The public estimate has been around 300 warheads for decades. It's laughable since in that time the Chinese have greatly increased their number of missiles, upgraded older missiles, developed MIRVs, and launched several SSBNs.

The real number is 500-800.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By webtaz99:
The best way to win a war is to remove the enemy's desire to fight.
View Quote

If we stop sending them Soybeans, and have Brazil cooperate also, the problem will fix itself in a couple years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By swede1986:

The public estimate has been around 300 warheads for decades. It's laughable since in that time the Chinese have greatly increased their number of missiles, upgraded older missiles, developed MIRVs, and launched several SSBNs.

The real number is 500-800.
View All Quotes

Why a multi front war?

Nope... Welcome to 2005.

The public estimate has been around 300 warheads for decades. It's laughable since in that time the Chinese have greatly increased their number of missiles, upgraded older missiles, developed MIRVs, and launched several SSBNs.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: I say at least 500-800. The US has +4,000 after all.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#36]
there are days where I would love to give a coded cable to Attack Sub Commanders -" No Leash".
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Why a multi front war?

Nope... Welcome to 2005.

Jesus. Tapdancing. Christ. In my first post I said at least 300, and I certainly wasn’t trying to minimize their capabilities. Even if all they had was 300 warheads getting into any kind of military conflict with them would be suicidal. With just 300 megaton range warheads they’d end the US. They might lose more, but we’d still be done as a country.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#38]
that's easy.  expel all Chinese nationals and their children and sever trade with china.   relocate factories to mexico and central America and tell illegals and their children to go home.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Big talk from a country that hasn't been in a significant conflict since the 1950s.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Besides conventional warfare it would be a tough war on several fronts  (e.g. economically, cyber, and social) with the full support of our nation....as it is with half of the public and half of our lawmakers likely willing to side with China vs, supporting the current administration, I dont see a favorable outcome.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By vxtip545:
It's hilarious that the CCP thinks their propaganda bullshit works outside of their own country.  It's really sad that it probably does work on a lot of Liberals who would gladly be communists.
View Quote

They model their efforts after the Russians, thus have every reason to believe they will. As of now, they need to work on their nuance.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#43]

"Wolf Warrior"? 
https://i.imgur.com/ua3vsla.gif

Just shows how inept they are in dealing with the West. It may sound impressive and intimidating in Mandarin, but in English it is pure cringe.
View Quote

From their biggest war movie ever. Made over a billion in Chinese theaters
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

From their biggest war movie ever. Made over a billion in Chinese theaters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBl1py5yKFI
View Quote

I cant stand mainland cinema these days. That looks as ham-fisted and tiresome as the latest Ip Man movie or some of Jackie Chan's recent sell-out films.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#45]

I cant stand mainland cinema these days. That looks as ham-fisted and tiresome as the latest Ip Man movie or some of Jackie Chan's recent sell-out films.
View Quote

Yeah those were pretty bad
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CJ7365:
We have the HARDWARE, but not the guts I hate to say.
View Quote

Sure do wonder what would happen if we had the will/guts to go all in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Yeah those were pretty bad
View All Quotes

I cant stand mainland cinema these days. That looks as ham-fisted and tiresome as the latest Ip Man movie or some of Jackie Chan's recent sell-out films.

Yeah those were pretty bad

They are kind of in their '80s, and not in a good way.

A while back, the propaganda was still thick, but you could see real art. Jet LI's "Hero" is a genuine work of cinema art. Then again, it was really not a Mainland movie, per se. It was a Hong Kong film selling out to mainland propaganda.

Geopolitically, they are Japan in the early 1900s, and we're Russia.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:

Sure do wonder what would happen if we had the will/guts to go all in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:
Originally Posted By CJ7365:
We have the HARDWARE, but not the guts I hate to say.

Sure do wonder what would happen if we had the will/guts to go all in.

From a philosophical standpoint, why even wonder about that kind of thing?  They can't possibly hope to attack and hold the US mainland.  We likewise can't possibly hope to attack and hold the Chinese mainland.  Anything that remotely resembles "all in" means nuclear weapons are used.  It would be catastrophic on both sides.  China and the USA as countries would probably cease to exist.  The only reason that we did so well after World War II was that our manufacturing base was largely untouched.  That wouldn't be the case with World War III.  You're talking unimaginable strife and hardship all around.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's hilarious that the CCP thinks their propaganda bullshit works outside of their own country.  It's really sad that it probably does work on a lot of Liberals who would gladly be communists.
View Quote

It seems clumsy and brazen but that also means that it is creating anti-China sentiment overseas. In fact, it's so over the top lately I wonder if its purpose isn't to galvanize Chinese nationalism in the face of outsider hostility. The CCP is ruthless enough to try anything.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top