Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you can't handle a little bit of SHTF, then you're doing it wrong. Me? I'd be sitting back with a bourbon and a smoke watching the fun.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What kind of coal?
View Quote
Duh.  Nut Coal
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I just looked at my wallet and there's no money there!  
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So Monday is when the boogaloo starts? Or is it gonna be a hootenanny?
View Quote
Its a Shindig

a large, lively party, especially one celebrating something.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have $3,000 in my "high yield" 1.9% savings. Should I pull it out and keep it at home.
View Quote
You should pull this out and invest in GSK or anything other than 1.9 percent silliness.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#8]
In before Spider puts his two cents in this discussion.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#9]
That's reminds me to reload more ammo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#10]
OP,  you're a little early for a Monday thread.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not true.  I got $500 worth of 2 dollar bills just this past week.
View Quote
What  are you going to do with $500.00 in two dollar bills?
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I went outside and no one else had rifles and now I hear sirens
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Maybe Trump does something unconventional and throws a curve ball into this equation.   He's not my savior.

Either way, something IS happening behind the scenes on worldwide scale.

I can only hope for the best and plan for the worst.
View Quote
Just out of curiosity, how do you plan? If they stop printing money before we go into hyperinflation then cash will increase in value and all the gold people are buying could easily go back down to 300 an ounce.

Without knowing exactly what's going on, I don't see how you can plan for anything.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#14]
All jokes aside, if banks start charging interest to accept deposits that could be a very, very bad sign.  This is largely untested territory.  It turns the entire existing paradigm on its head.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there a credible link?
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Banks are going to start charging a lot more in fees.....I have no idea if that is true or not but it sounds like something that they would do in this "crisis".
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm doing a Director's Exam on a nationally chartered bank next week.

First day out I inspect and count the vaults.

If they are out of money it will be quite an interesting engagement.
View Quote
Inspect Ft. Knox while you're at it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Wouldn't be surprised if globalist-commies cause a worldwide panic, blaming Trump and his policies, leading up to the 2020 election.

Soros historically has manipulated small economies before.....now, get thousands of like-minded globalists joining him to cause a worldwide financial crisis - All to take out Trump.  Our own Federal Reserve would join them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#19]
The Fed Is Offering $100 Billion a Day in Emergency Loans to Unnamed Banks and Congress Is Not Curious Enough to Hold a Hearing

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York first initiated its emergency overnight loans to Wall Street this year on Tuesday, September 17, starting off at the rate of $75 billion daily. It then increased its loans by adding, in addition to the $75 billion daily, 14-day term loans in the amount of $30 billion to be offered three times this past week. But after the demand for the first 14-day loan was more than double the $30 billion offered, the New York Fed boosted the next term loans to $60 billion and increased its overnight loans to $100 billion.
Because the New York Fed is not announcing which banks are drawing down the bulk of its loans, neither Congress nor the American people know if the money is flowing to U.S. banks or foreign bank subsidiaries in the U.S. Propping up troubled foreign banks is not what most Americans want their central bank to be doing.

If the New York Fed is secretly funneling money to a unit of Deutsche Bank to prop it up, the American people need to know about it and Congress needs to be asking questions.
View Quote
That is a crap load of money to not know where it is going and what it is being used for, it seems like wealth redistribution of epic proportions!
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Fed Is Offering $100 Billion a Day in Emergency Loans to Unnamed Banks and Congress Is Not Curious Enough to Hold a Hearing

That is a crap load of money to not know where it is going and what it is being used for, it seems like wealth redistribution of epic proportions!
View Quote
Neither Russ Martens nor Pam Martens hold any security position, long or short, in any Wall Street firm or banking institution, including those discussed on this web site.

Mission: Wall Street On Parade hopes to level the playing field between Wall Street and the 99 percent.  Wall Street is a jungle of devices to effect an institutionalized wealth transfer system. The goal of this web site is to provide the jungle guide to the 99 percent in the hope of bringing about citizen-inspired change.

Yah, like that's just their opinion man

WND may be more authoritative
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah, your tin foil is on a little tight brah.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#23]
USSR has worst wheat harvest in 50 year?
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
USSR has worst wheat harvest in 50 year?
View Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nq_iU_UapA

@1:15
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Borrowing from the FED is supposed to stop (75 billion a day)
View Quote
Banks hold bonds and sell them to other banks when they need liquid overnight cash.  The regular banks do not have enough volume to cover all the banks that need overnight cash.  The FED, ie the Central Bank, is stepping in and offering to buy bonds to make up the difference and keep the over night interest rate low.

That is all that is going on, the central bank is helping with a liquidity problem.  No one is just borrowing money from the FED for free and the FED is just printing new money to cover it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Does this mean Ann Margrets not coming?
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Make it interesting - change the bottom line to "a Mod"
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If you can't handle a little bit of SHTF, then you're doing it wrong. Me? I'd be sitting back with a bourbon and a smoke watching the fun.
View Quote
Fear is the worse enemy anyone can have since it locks up the brain and freezes one from responding.  In lieu of fear, release the inner Englander and carry on!  Enjoy life but use the time given you wisely (remember the OODA loop?).  As WatchDog USA's Greg Hunter says, "Fear Not, God the Father, has it firmly under control."  Hunter was a former CNN reporter who was fired for refusing to fudge/lie on a report.  He's among the few alt-media whom I trust.

Link Posted: 9/29/2019 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Banks hold bonds and sell them to other banks when they need liquid overnight cash.  The regular banks do not have enough volume to cover all the banks that need overnight cash.  The FED, ie the Central Bank, is stepping in and offering to buy bonds to make up the difference and keep the over night interest rate low.

That is all that is going on, the central bank is helping with a liquidity problem.  No one is just borrowing money from the FED for free and the FED is just printing new money to cover it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A foreshock is an earthquake that occurs before a larger seismic event (the mainshock) and is related to it in both time and space. The designation of an earthquake as foreshock, mainshock, or aftershock is only possible after the full sequence of events has happened.
Watch the bond markets in the next few months.

Getting long government bonds is becoming the most crowded trade in the world.  That will be a quake of epic proportions at some point, imo.

Keep calm and continue to panic.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#30]
My daughter went to the bank about 6 weeks ago to withdraw $ to pay cash for a car. She asked for $100 bills and the Teller told her they had exactly  " Zero " $100 bills.  She had to get several thousand $ in $20  bills.
True story
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What about Iraqi dinar? Asking for a friend...
View Quote
It’s going to RV any day now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I dunno. I got some bullets and a bunch of coal. Might go stock up on chili beans though.
View Quote
IS IT NUT COAL?  NOT THAT EGG COAL, THAT'S BIG COAL. I NEED SOMETHING I CAN BURN IN MY PARLOR STOVE.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just out of curiosity, how do you plan? If they stop printing money before we go into hyperinflation then cash will increase in value and all the gold people are buying could easily go back down to 300 an ounce.

Without knowing exactly what's going on, I don't see how you can plan for anything.
View Quote
Metals should index with inflation (even copper).

Rice and beans will keep you fed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
IS IT NUT COAL?  NOT THAT EGG COAL, THAT'S BIG COAL. I NEED SOMETHING I CAN BURN IN MY PARLOR STOVE.
View Quote
IT WAS BIG NUT COAL. ITS WHAT I TUNED MY BRODOZER TO RUN ON. BRO DOZERS ONLY RUN ON BIG NUT COAL.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
This ignores the deflationary effect of technology. In general, mineral extraction is aided by mechanization and automation.  Metals may or may not track with inflation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This ignores the deflationary effect of technology. In general, mineral extraction is aided by mechanization and automation.  Metals may or may not track with inflation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you can’t create elemental minerals in a lab. Dollars, both paper and digital, don’t have the same property.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But you can't create elemental minerals in a lab. Dollars, both paper and digital, don't have the same property.
View Quote
Yes, central banks can create dollars at will.

But people work everyday to bring metals to market. Just a decade ago people were worried about high oil prices. Today we have cheap fracking supplying us with years of affordable oil.  Any metals held are subject to significant price changes due to new techniques for mining or a large deposit being found.  On the flip side, prices could skyrocket due to political changes and short sighted environmentalists.

Every play has its risk.

I'm not a big fan of holding dollars...
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why is this not being talked about.   Oct 10-11 is a pivitol date coming up.

Massive movements in the banking world happening right now.

Precious metals not in your physical possession, fiat currency in the bank, cryptos on the exchanges, 401ks, stocks etc. are all in jeopardy.

FF events incoming.   DC in full distraction mode.

Que the Ron Paul "It's happening"

View Quote
It's "CUE", dammit!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the heads up op!!!

I just cashed out everything and bought a shit load of mre’s, silver, gold and like 10,000 pmags. We’re good. Oh shit, I forgot the tp!! Damn, going to have to start raiding earlier than I thought.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#42]
This is going to be bigger than Y2K
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up op!!!

I just cashed out everything and bought a shit load of mre’s, silver, gold and like 10,000 pmags. We’re good. Oh shit, I forgot the tp!! Damn, going to have to start raiding earlier than I thought.
View Quote
Get yourself a bidet.  It'll change your life.  And by the sound of it, possibly prevent a death
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Why is this not being talked about.   Oct 10-11 is a pivitol date coming up.

Massive movements in the banking world happening right now.

Precious metals not in your physical possession, fiat currency in the bank, cryptos on the exchanges, 401ks, stocks etc. are all in jeopardy.

FF events incoming.   DC in full distraction mode.

Que the Ron Paul "It's happening"

View Quote
I have guns, ammo, training and experience. I'll be over shortly to take all your shit...
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been watching this.

I'm not worried yet, but I do fully expect the globalists to pull the plug on the economy before the election, as the state of the economy historically controls the election.

Can't do it too soon though, I'm thinking late spring or early summer next year.

We also have had the longest, best recovery in American history, and we are overdue for a natural correction. That correction can probably be triggered by the right people in power.

Still watching.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I am holding where I am.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Did they run out of ink or something?
View Quote
How could this even happen?  Couldn't they order more ink, and then print money to pay the bill + $87 Billion dollars for other things.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert discuss it in the first 1/2 (about 12-13 min) of the Keiser Report:

Link Posted: 9/29/2019 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#50]
I've invested heavily in precious metals, the form of which is 5.56mm
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top