Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Too many to list, depends on personal preference.
Dead Flowers Rolling Stones
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
My Stones fav harkens back to my leftist radical roots:

"Street Fightin' Man"

The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man (Official Lyric Video)
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Rolling Stones - a great studio band but they sucked live
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

It's a shame the reruns on TV don't play that song anymore.

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rolling Stones - a great studio band but they sucked live
View Quote

I saw them in 1975 and 1981. They did not suck, especially the 75 show. A while back I found the audio (bootleg) from the 1975 concert. It was good considering how it was recorded... which was not well.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to add this one. I realize some are put off by the boy's choir at the beginning. But once the song starts, you've got that mournful french horn and then the song starts in slowly and builds and builds and builds throughout the verses and chorus. My favorite part is when the backup singers start going up and down around 6:13. And then they climb higher and higher at 6:35 and start layering in more percussion. And then Charlie Watts (RIP) really brings in the drums. It's an awesome culmination to the song.

I didn't really like this song much as a teenager. I really like it as a late 40s father.

The Rolling Stones - You Can’t Always Get What You Want (Official Lyric Video)

(ETA: Spelling)
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Dirty Work \ Rolling Stones Street Fightin' Man \ G 7

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm going to add this one. I realize some are put off by the boy's choir at the beginning. But once the song starts, you've got that mournful french horn and then the song starts in slowly and builds and builds and builds throughout the verses and chorus. My favorite part is when the backup singers start going up and down around 6:13. And then the climb higher and higher at 6:35 and start layering in more concussion. And then Charlie Watts (RIP) really brings in the drums. It's an awesome culmination to the song.

I didn't really like this song much as a teenager. I really like it as a late 40s father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krxU5Y9lCS8
View Quote

It is an awesome song, and was used to great effect in the opening of The Big Chill. If you haven't seen the movie, one of the (suicide) deceased's friends gets up to play a song "that meant a great deal to the dearly departed". Church organ gives way to the Stones.... Very cool, and an interesting movie, too.

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Teenage Wasteland
View Quote

They’re all wasted!
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can't you hear me knockin it not only their best riff/tune, but as a Rolling Stones hater, it's one of the best RnR riffs ever.
I believe it's a dropped D tuning and is pure sex.  They nailed it on that tune.
View Quote

I believe it's open G tuning, which is pretty typical for Keith from what I hear. I'm not a huge stones fan either, but I agree that Can't You Hear Me Knocking is one of the best RnR riffs ever.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm going to add this one. I realize some are put off by the boy's choir at the beginning. But once the song starts, you've got that mournful french horn and then the song starts in slowly and builds and builds and builds throughout the verses and chorus. My favorite part is when the backup singers start going up and down around 6:13. And then the climb higher and higher at 6:35 and start layering in more concussion. And then Charlie Watts (RIP) really brings in the drums. It's an awesome culmination to the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krxU5Y9lCS8
View Quote

OP could have just avoided a fight and posted this instead.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I saw them in 1975 and 1981. They did not suck, especially the 75 show. A while back I found the audio (bootleg) from the 1975 concert. It was good considering how it was recorded... which was not well.
View Quote

I had the bootleg live vinyl at one time.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top