Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Texas forever.

Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I remember seeing this in a long lost box that belonged to my grandfather.  He was US Army served in Pacific theatre WWII. I know he drove tanks. But cannot find this box any longer as I believe my mother disposed of it. Wish I knew more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I remember seeing this in a long lost box that belonged to my grandfather.  He was US Army served in Pacific theatre WWII. I know he drove tanks. But cannot find this box any longer as I believe my mother disposed of it. Wish I knew more.
Tank Destroyer Forces.  Worn by personnel assigned to corps or army level Tank Destroyer battalions in the Zone of the Interior (CONUS) and the European Theater of Operations.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Still on my dress greens from 2003 CPT stg1 at the time
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 2:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I was with this squadron in the '80's.

The original logo had the screw going in the other side, a little lower, then became un-PC in the '60's.

Then I was with these guys, not quite as good a patch.

Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:51:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The original bad asses.
First Special Service Force WWII
Black Devils
Not sure the significance used in the movie “Inglorious Bastards” movie but those guys were the predecessors to the SF.

Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:01:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some pretty cool ones in here...but for me, it's got to be the only unit patch I ever wore.

https://i.imgur.com/T8FYn63.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:04:31 AM EDT
[#8]

LET'S GO!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:09:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/185436/84E072F2-B154-4BBC-A4A1-54FA788D5667_jpe-1286676.JPG

I always liked the 527th Aggressor Squadron patch when they were at RAF Alconbury in the '70s and '80s.
View Quote
Got some of their stickers at airshows here in the 70'/80's
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:13:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's hardcore, I was a short timer. Did Iraq 07-08 with HHC I in S6 but got passed around everywhere. Was at some patrol base called whiskey one and we built a COP called Meade. Went to Afghanistan in 10, with Dragon on a ABP compound near Orgun-e. First guy to go home no stop loss in 1-187.
View Quote
No stop loss that trip but Thomas was a disgruntled fucker leading up to the 07-08 trip because he was going to be stopped loss for over a year.

@fullmedaljacket8
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No stop loss that trip but Thomas was a disgruntled fucker leading up to the 07-08 trip because he was going to be stopped loss for over a year.

@fullmedaljacket8
View Quote
I bet he was pissed AF, don’t blame him. I know I was crying to 1SG all the time of when I was going home in 10. A ton of dudes were jealous that I was leaving. Simmons tried to make me wait for him to go on leave so we could travel together. Hell nah brah I’m out of here. They didn’t really have a system of how to get my gear home so I had to hand carry everything I brought. That was a bitch and it really sucked.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I bet he was pissed AF, don't blame him. I know I was crying to 1SG all the time of when I was going home in 10. A ton of dudes were jealous that I was leaving. Simmons tried to make me wait for him to go on leave so we could travel together. Hell nah brah I'm out here. They didn't really have a system of how to get my gear home so I had to hand carry everything I brought. That was a bitch and it really sucked.
View Quote
Simmons. Miss that guy. I don't blame you either. When you're done, you're done.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Simmons. Miss that guy. I don't blame you either. When you're done, you're done.
View Quote
Simmons was too cool. Miss a lot of great friends from back then. Hard to believe I have been out 10 years now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Simmons was too cool. Miss a lot of great friends from back then. Hard to believe I have been out 10 years now.
View Quote
Time has definitely flown by.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the certificate for the patch.  (From the General Tom Stafford Air and Space Museum in Weatherford, OK)

I had two like this, the other one was in desert tan.  It really ticked off the "patch wearers" that went to USAF Weapons School as 13Bs (air battle managers, aka not pilots).
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#16]

My dad was a G-17 pilot in WWII - 816th Squadron, 483rd Bombardment Group. This is his squadron patch. He flew 33 combat bombing missions, including one over Berlin on the day the Germans surrendered.

The 816th is still active today as a troop carrier unit (with a different patch).
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top