Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I say all the time, why Raising Canes when there's a Laynes in Aggieland.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is enough food for several people.
View Quote

Roughly 2000 calories.

Easily 3 meals.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B36CCA6B-74D8-4030-93AB-B868B6F9E8A9-393.gif

Mother of God that looks good.  We've never had Caines.  We did have Zaxby's for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it was better than Chic Filet & Popeye's
View Quote

Zaxby's sucks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's a nice way of admitting your chicken is bland overrated bullshit. I've had better tenders at a gas station.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's all about the sauce.

That's a nice way of admitting your chicken is bland overrated bullshit. I've had better tenders at a gas station.

The 2 or 3 Raising Cane's that I went to were good.  Tenders tasted more fresh than most other fast food joints, on par with Chick Fil A.  Perhaps better - seemed more fresh, but admittedly less seasoning.    Maybe you went to a shit location?

You're saying the mechanically separated chicken sitting for hours under a heat lamp is better?  LOL
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#6]
That is enough for 2 people.  Not a fan of canes, too bland, but sometimes I’ll get it bc it’s real chicken and close by and dip in buffalo sauce.  You think that’s high?  Wait til you pay almost $4 for French fries at McD’s.  Went there first time in ages for just fries.  Almost $4.  Never again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Cane's is fucking delicious. But I eat there a lot less now that the chicken's much smaller and prices are higher.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#8]
There’s a chicken shortage coming
Covid plus paying people to sit at home

But now we’ve got a few more million illegals coming in , and the chicken producers will be paying all of them under the table and probably at sub minimum wage and 12+ hour days.  
But the FDA inspectors won’t give a shit
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Chicken is an item thats becoming difficult to get.....wings are a real problem
View Quote

Bingo
Have a good friend involved in over 100 franchise locations of a well known wing place. And he told me this a few days ago. It’s bad enough they are developing plans to close locations.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#10]
its hard to get decent chicken these days. good quality stuff on sale is still over 3 bucks a pound. even the 85% real chicken in the big box packs is 1.49 on a buy one get one deal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
One sauce type other than ketchup. Lame.
View Quote

Silm's is so much better than Cain's!  So many more sauces.  So many more sides.  

I do like Cain's fries better.  But Slim's Mac N Cheese beats all fries, so....
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I would go there more if I could just get a box of chicken and a water.  I don't need a lb of fries and bread.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I buy their chicken strips to make "Trailer Trash Park" tacos, a Torchy's original for those of you from Austin.

Flour tortilla, fried chicken tenders, lettuce, tomato, ranch dressing and salsa.
View Quote

Torchy's is amazing. Both fajita versions, the fried avocado and the Republican being my favorites. The one in Highlands Ranch CO is better than any of the Austin locations, for that matter so is the one in Allen TX
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#14]
They just opened one here last summer.
Ate there once and that’s only because a friend was buying and she was willing to sit in the the hour long drive thru line.
Meh. Very mediocre. Don’t see any reason to go back.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#15]
That's a sorry excuse of a menu.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I buy their chicken strips to make “Trailer Trash Park” tacos, a Torchy’s original for those of you from Austin.

Flour tortilla, fried chicken tenders, lettuce, tomato, ranch dressing and salsa.
View Quote

YOU clever bastard...
I have some Kwik Trip tenders in the fridge.
And I am sort of hungry.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Foosackly's is way better.

I would say their chicken fingers are better, their coleslaw is better, their fries are better, and they have like 5 or 6 made in store sauces.  You can get your fingers buffalo style (coated in their buffalo sauce) and have some ranch with them.  You can add bacon and queso to your fries.  Their customer service is like Chicfila as well.

Canes sauce is slightly better than Foo Sauce but as I said Foosackly has 6 sauces.  Canes toast is also a little better.  

Foosackly's is a small southern chain.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Expensive for what you get now, but everything else will be shortly too.

I tend to like Zaxby’s better.

Wife likes Slim Chickens, I’m fairly meh on that one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I don’t think we have them here
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#20]
$1.49/ lb boneless skinless breasts at Lidl. Some assembly required though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No, I said tenders, not Chicken McNuggets. Canes is ultra bland and "fresh" is just a matter of how the chicken was chemically prepared before you ate it. Real fresh chicken actually tastes like something besides the flour and oil it was fried in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 2 or 3 Raising Cane's that I went to were good.  Tenders tasted more fresh than most other fast food joints, on par with Chick Fil A.  Perhaps better - seemed more fresh, but admittedly less seasoning.    Maybe you went to a shit location?

You're saying the mechanically separated chicken sitting for hours under a heat lamp is better?  LOL

No, I said tenders, not Chicken McNuggets. Canes is ultra bland and "fresh" is just a matter of how the chicken was chemically prepared before you ate it. Real fresh chicken actually tastes like something besides the flour and oil it was fried in.

"I've had better tenders at a gas station."

You think you're getting real tenders at a gas station?  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#24]
raisin' canes is bland, boring food....and the sauce sucks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Torchy's is amazing. Both fajita versions, the fried avocado and the Republican being my favorites. The one in Highlands Ranch CO is better than any of the Austin locations, for that matter so is the one in Allen TX
View Quote

Torchy's closed in solidarity with that "A day without illegals" bullshit about 5 years ago. They are overpriced hipster tacos in any case.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Wasilla has one of these places.  Im guessing I will have to try it out.

Ill have to go when I dont have the dog with me.
She loves chicken and this might be what puts her over the murderous edge.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Canes has always been an expensive “splurge” type fast food place for us. Just like Arby’s and Culver’s

But yeah, all fast food is going up. Remember what tacos at Taco Bell used to cost
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To be fair the Caniac is way more than anyone should be having for lunch.
View Quote

This is true, though I wouldn't go as far to say as it is enough food for several people like the other guy... Lol
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is true, though I wouldn't go as far to say as it is enough food for several people like the other guy... Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To be fair the Caniac is way more than anyone should be having for lunch.

Not at all

Maybe for so much of GD that is office drones, but for people that actually are active, it’s a good lunch
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I buy their chicken strips to make “Trailer Trash Park” tacos, a Torchy’s original for those of you from Austin.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am 6-4 200lbs and I can make two meals out of that or share with the wife.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#32]
$12.29 for an entire days worth of calories doesn't really sound that bad.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#33]
The three finger is a ton of food. My boys love that place, wish there was one closer.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pfffttt! Go be fit, trim and poor somewhere else, Bro.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157261/PXL_20210507_153110523-1933039.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157261/PXL_20210507_153103580-1933040.jpg

Yes, I do. Perhaps you just frequent ghetto ass gas stations without decent food.

I stand corrected.

To be fair I haven't touched gas station food in ages, I learned to avoid it many years ago.  It's always chains that have the same cheap Sysco food that's been sitting under heat lamps for god knows how long.  

*Exception I did have a sandwich at Buc-ee's a while back, which I totally forgot about.  Not bad.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
its hard to get decent chicken these days. good quality stuff on sale is still over 3 bucks a pound. even the 85% real chicken in the big box packs is 1.49 on a buy one get one deal.
View Quote

Try buying decent road gravel or finding a quarry to deal with directly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or one morbidly obese welfare queen.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve been to one in Austin and a few in the Denver metro area.  All good.  For the home version, insert Raising Canes strips in the taco pictured on the left. (I have to recreate Torchy’s because there are none in my area.)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone else notice strip size is like half what it was. Not worth it anymore. Joke sized tenders
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Canes has always been an expensive “splurge” type fast food place for us. Just like Arby’s and Culver’s

But yeah, all fast food is going up. Remember what tacos at Taco Bell used to cost
View Quote

It wasn’t even that long ago that the 12 taco party box was 9.99.
Picked one up a couple days ago and it was 17.99.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Get the top left one, add two chicken fingers and it's < $11
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#42]
For me, it’s the McChicken…….

You guys are slipping.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
View Quote
I do.  Chester's is awesome!

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone else notice strip size is like half what it was. Not worth it anymore. Joke sized tenders
View Quote

Not surprising really. It was that or raise prices
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#45]
The chicken strips used to be bigger.  You could get full from a 3 finger meal.  Now they're tiny.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I've had Zaxby's many times in North carolina. I've had Zaxby's four times in Texas and canes twice.  Little Zaxby's in Texas was better than both locations of canes, but the Zaxby's in North Carolina was better than the location in texas.

Popeyes is always complete garbage, just like their employees and 90% of their clientele.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#49]
The wholesale cost of boneless / skinless chicken has more than doubled since January of this year.  My bulk price was $ 1.05 a lb in early January.  My cost this week for the same cuts, same amount from the same supplier was $ 2.25 a lb.  I buy and sell a lot of chicken, and track the prices closely in order to remain a competitive supplier to my customers.

But there is no inflation, and you are crazy to think there is.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you’re a midget or sit in an office all day, sure.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top