Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Booming away on page 2.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There are boomers in their 50s.

Boomer generation were born between 1946 and 1964, so 58 to 76.

Anyone in their 80s are in the silent generation.
View Quote

1964 model here.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]
My tone is a barking dog. Annoying, but not as annoying as some others. Ain't nobody gonna mistake my age when looking at me. Damn you Father Time!
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The default sound always makes me think of back room casting couch.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't use a phone enough to even bother carrying one around.
I still just keep a dime in my pocket in case I really really need to call someone.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
My cellphone has the default ringer. I rarely have the volume on so it's pointless to change it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Another way to tell if someone is a boomer or generation X is if they are able to change a flat tire on their vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure that waiting in line at the grocery store behind someone who needs to use 87 coupons (half of which are expired) and then write a check,  hasn't started filling out the check, and doesn't have his glasses anyway,  is a pretty good indicator.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You say that with dome derision. I'd carry a 16-inch AR in a fanny pack if I could and not give two shits about it if it .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tucked shirts when shopping, fanny pack or pouch for discrete    carry.

You say that with dome derision. I'd carry a 16-inch AR in a fanny pack if I could and not give two shits about it if it .

I say that not being a slave to a inconsequential way of dressing, unrequired shirt tucking.

I'm 55 and have not tucked my shirt anywhere in 4+ years.

Gotta have that shirt tucked to to look "nice"

I saw the comment on this forum that a untucked shirt looks like a "worthless plebe" - I still smile whenever I think some guy (that is slave to shirt tucking) may see me with my sloven untucked shirt and he thinks "worthless plebe".
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#11]
The retarded things you young folks say is astounding. I a giving my 96 year old aunt a new IPad Pro for her birthday. Her old iPad doesn’t process the data she is crunching.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Look for the person walking around yelling into their speakerphone.  Usually they are Asian so you can't quite tell how old they are, but they are definitely a boomer.  

View Quote

Negative.

I only see young kids and black women at the grocery store do this.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Negative.

I only see young kids and black women at the grocery store do this.

View Quote

Boomers have a mic built into their Bluetooth connected hearing aids. No need to hold the phone it is hands free. That way we can keep both hands on our walkers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Good luck. I don't carry a phone.
View Quote

When I had a cell phone it was set to vibrate.  Now I have a sat phone and it's not turned on unless I'm outside and beneath the sky.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#15]
One in four people are boomers now. If you're having trouble finding one, it's you. ??
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If they have gray hair and the ability to make change without a calculator, they might be a boomer.
View Quote

And can reverse count out change.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I pick the loudest I can fnd which for me is the traditional phone and turn it all the way up. Welcome to a loud working environment.

In the vein of the OPs thread. "It's easy to spot who has soft hands because their ring tone sounds like a moan from penetration and they keep it turned down".
View Quote

This for the win. I work in a loud environment with ear plugs. I need something with a LOUD odd frequency that sticks out from all the rumblings of the big equipment I work on..... Definitely not a boomer and do not wear a phone on my hip. Then again I really don't give a shit what op or anyone else thinks. I do what suits me and if you don't like it piss off.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
....to listen for the sound of the default Ring doorbell notification chime coming from the phone attached to their belt (with the volume on full blast).

Change my mind....
View Quote

I was going to say the sound of wheezing and frantically fixing the velcro on their beetus shoes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#19]

I have a buddy who fits this mold to a T!  Great guy and he owns his look while driving around in his Hellcat RedEye.  It cracks me up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#20]
One of my coworkers is super Nana boomer. She holds her phone in one hand, touches the screen/types with the index finger on her other.

She takes pictures of her laptop screen with her phone and then tries to show what's on her phone screen over her webcam via MS Teams.

She tries to take pictures of everything she things is funny, but by the time she manages to get out her phone it's over.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm a Boomer, and I don't use default ringtones. I use music clips, with a few special ones for certain family members. My default is When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne, my daughter is Crazy Train - Ozzy, and my son is Under My Wheels - Alice Cooper. There's more, but those are the main ones.
View Quote

Welcome fellow unrepentant rocker.

Guitar riff ring tones are best ring tones.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#22]
White New Balance shoes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Technology catches up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That’s false. A lot of people keep the default sound
View Quote

I haven't changed a sound on my phone since I was a teen. 99% of the time it is on vibrate. I find ringing phones in public spaces to be rude.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I’m up to 12Pro now. I haven’t done any multitrack recording since 5 or 6. I keep upgrading because it’s way cheaper than buying the new suite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to use Cubase to edit songs for custom ringtones for everything, had software that would load them on the phone. Now IDGAF. I don’t pay attention to the tones (probably all on default) because my phone is always on silent.

That’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.

I’m up to 12Pro now. I haven’t done any multitrack recording since 5 or 6. I keep upgrading because it’s way cheaper than buying the new suite.

I was a Logic Audio guy, but friends had Cubase and Fruity Loops. I haven’t done any multitrack recording since Logic Audio 6 I think.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah well your generation as a whole was not as successful at that as you might like to think.  I'm not sure who that is worse for though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The proudest accomplishment of the current generation is their mastery of the ring tone.

Mine invented the Internet, space travel, and the McRib sandwich.

I’m a millennial, and I love it when my Zoomer kids try to give me a hard time about pop culture.  I just remind them that I’m the one who taught them to use a spoon, wipe their ass, and not shit their pants.

Yeah well your generation as a whole was not as successful at that as you might like to think.  I'm not sure who that is worse for though.

Meh, other people’s kids…
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The youngest baby boomers are 58.
View Quote
I would say 58 yr olds for the most part are easy to spot as well.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is that easier than just looking at a person and knowing what generation they fit into based on their age?
View Quote
LOL.. This, but who really cares anyway?

OP is super edgy and should get a cookie and a few cool points for today.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Becoming Dad (Full Feature Film) ?? | The McFarlands

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Any old person?
View Quote

According to zoomers, anyone over the age of 30 is a boomer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They’re just insecure. They are the Boomer generations greatest failure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The easiest way to spot a childish adult that thinks they'll never age is when they use the term "boomer" as a pejorative.

Change my mind.

They’re just insecure. They are the Boomer generations greatest failure.

Sorry....zoomers are not ours..they belong to Gen X
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A better question is, why do all Apple ringtones suck except the traditional phone ringtone?
99% of iPhone users use it.
View Quote

my I-phone barks with a call and quacks with a text.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Why are little kids allowed to post on this forum?
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#37]
You’ll lose your powers of hearing gradually too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I haven't changed a sound on my phone since I was a teen. 99% of the time it is on vibrate. I find ringing phones in public spaces to be rude.
View Quote

Mine is either on vibrate or silence, I find phones making noises from every alert to be obnoxious, kind of like talking on speaker phone in public.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Back in our younger years our “Greatest Generation” mothers having grown up during the Great Depression would buy us new jeans in the fall and they would be cut off and hemmed for the summer. In the fall the cycle would start all over again.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
White New Balance shoes.
View Quote

Black socks and sandals with the socks rolled all the way up

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#41]
using the word “boomer” automatically disqualifies the post even if it had an outside chance of being relevant
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#42]
I had a 20 something try and shit in my chili the other day. He now has an entirely different opinion of elderly people. My phone stays in my pocket on vibrate. I have white hair. His face still hurts. I gave him a choice. He chose poorly.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Ah thanks for reminding me it's time to change to Halloween doorbell theme....
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Of course kids would have to listen for people around them since their eyes can't bare to leave the phone screen for more than a nanosecond or two at a time.
View Quote

this implies that they have actually left moms basement, in search of doritos and mt. dew, or someone to fap with. i reject your reality and replace it with my own.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Boomers are easy to spot. Just look for they guy who has zero fucks to give about what anyone thinks
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Another boomer hate thread?

Enjoy your TROLL rating, troll.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#48]
I never ever carry my phone but I usually check my messages and texts every 2-3 days. If you wanna get in touch with me you call my smoking hot personal secretary. My wife.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The youngest baby boomers are 58.
View Quote

1964 here. I normally have my phone set to vibrate only. I don't own a Ring camera, I have other security cameras.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top