BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's because nutrition is literally 90% of the game whether you are trying to lose fat or increase muscle mass.  

You CANNOT (reasonably) outwork a bad diet to lose weight and you cannot gain muscle mass without proper nutrition and enough calories to build that mass.

That's where most people fail to reach their goals.  Eating to go in either direction is a huge pain in the ass and not as glamorous as tossing weights around but it matters much, much more than anyone ever admits.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dunno man...I've been hitting the gym 6 days a week since last June and have consistently seen some of the same fat asses the entire time.

That's because nutrition is literally 90% of the game whether you are trying to lose fat or increase muscle mass.  

You CANNOT (reasonably) outwork a bad diet to lose weight and you cannot gain muscle mass without proper nutrition and enough calories to build that mass.

That's where most people fail to reach their goals.  Eating to go in either direction is a huge pain in the ass and not as glamorous as tossing weights around but it matters much, much more than anyone ever admits.
I gotta agree with ya. I've never seen the inside of a health club "gym" in my entire life. I eat healthy (thankfully, I love just about anything that grows out of the ground!), always worked at physical jobs (construction, maintenance, etc.), and stay active in my "retirement" at nearly age 67. Eating garbage and sitting on your ass gets you nowhere. Get up and DO SOMETHING...it's good for you!
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Diabetes and heart disease get to vote on what is fit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#3]
To play the devil's advocate a bit, I have no problem with depictions of fatasses working out. They need to, and maybe seeing it helps them feel less ashamed about getting in a gym or on a bike. But the redefinition of "healthy weight" is fucking absurd.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That’s because nutrition is literally 90% of the game whether you are trying to lose fat or increase muscle mass.  

That’s where most people fail to reach their goals.  Eating to go in either direction is a huge pain in the ass and not as glamorous as tossing weights around but it matters much, much more than anyone ever admits.
View Quote

Lots of good points in this post.

Since Christmas 2020 I've lost a fair amount of weight (90+ pounds). Moving my body at the gym has helped, but not ingesting poison has helped more.

Boneless chicken breast is still fairly cheap. A big bottle of fat free salad dressing to use as a marinade is cheap too. My little George Foreman grill cost less than $50 and it's simple to use. If I can do it, a retarded chimp can do it.

A couple of cubed up chicken breasts on a bed of salad greens is an excellent meal. It's cheap and easy to prepare.

And most importantly, it tastes good.

When my girl stays over on the weekends I tend to cook fancier. That said, my "white trash chicken salad" is something I eat all week long. The ten pounds of raw chicken I have marinating in the fridge right now will keep me going all next week. If I get bored, I'll serve it over jasmine rice or egg noodles instead of greens.

It's so easy to make, even a broken down troglodyte like me can do it.

When I go to the gym tonight I'll see at least one morbidly obese person carrying around a giant Big Gulp sized tub of their "genetics" with a giant straw sticking out of it. It's a required accessory for their leisurely stroll on the treadmill.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I remember when Ray was the "fat ghostbuster".  Today he would be considered anorexic.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Word of the day fitness.

I’m bout to fitness entire pizza into my mouth.

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They always look so angry.
View Quote
Not angry just always hungry
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It was a typo. It’s “The Future of Fatness”.
View Quote

It would appear they are predicting the future of fitness is fatness.  Which, if we’re being honest, isn’t fitness.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That’s because nutrition is literally 90% of the game whether you are trying to lose fat or increase muscle mass.  

That’s where most people fail to reach their goals.  Eating to go in either direction is a huge pain in the ass and not as glamorous as tossing weights around but it matters much, much more than anyone ever admits.
View Quote

One of the guys I worked with actually managed to out work a shitty diet. Dude lived at the gym and lived off shit fast food. Drank a 6 pack a night. Dude was incredibly fit. Was normal tkk on see him walk into the gym while scarfing down a triple Wendy’s cheese burger and frosty. He one day decided to go competition level fitness. Well… changed his diet and felt like crap because his body didn’t adjust well. After a few weeks he was working out less and even more ripped. I stopped seeing him at the gym as much. He told me he was working out less and gained more free time back by keeping his diet healthier. Dropping the beer helped immensely.

Diet really is key. The work he had to put in to outrun a shitty diet was insane and beyond the reach of most people.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#11]
The government and media wants people to be fat, out of shape, and generally unhealthy. It's easier to control immobile lard asses that can barely walk half a mile.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
She probably peddles the stationary bike at .5 mph, talks loudly on speakerphone for 20 minutes, and considers that a workout.
View Quote
Sounds like that's a common problem acord he country. That's one of the many reasons I built a home gym - loud, rude, people fucking around wasting gym space.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#13]
That is fat, not fit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Midcap boner thread?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dunno man...I've been hitting the gym 6 days a week since last June and have consistently seen some of the same fat asses the entire time.

Precisely. People can't constantly live off processed food in excess and expect to be healthy. You also can't eat 8k calories per day unless you're performing at professional levels (ie - Michael Phelps).
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#16]
It's a self correcting problem.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
lol "4 Ways to Respond to Unnecessary Encouragement in The Gym"

Makes me think of Major Payne: Onnnne tubby tubby...twoooo chubby chubby...threeeee tubby tubby.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeT91xOWyKo
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well, we can only hope they die off quicker.
View Quote

And we get to supplement their Healthcare the whole way down...
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Flying home this morning from Columbus, Ohio and the sheer tonnage of human flesh in this airport sickitates me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone taken the time to actually read any of the articles on that magazine’s site?
Almost all of them are written by liberal (I’m assuming) white women, and they all seem to work racism and "privilege" into the narrative.

It’s funny, because it really drives home a point that Johnathan Haidt discussed in his book "The Righteous Mind."
Liberals don’t "get" how conservatives think, but conservatives know exactly how liberals "think."
Plenty of Arfcommers could write a goof piece about fighting "fat bias" in the gym, and it’d be indistinguishable from the articles on that site.

They write from a template - sort of a "Liberal Mad Libs" - where they just drop references to the subject at hand into pre-existing boilerplate.

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone buying into that is too far gone. It's not attractive, or healthy. It's not that hard to keep from getting to that point.  Cut your calories down to about a fourth of what they are and get a damn job!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#25]
so the grain of truth is the fact that fitness, not fatness, is a greater determinant of health outcomes and life expectancy; which in fact, very few people are truly fit and fat.  They are the exception.

And that grain of truth gets twisted into... this.  No honey, being 300# but wearing workout gear and doing absolute minimum physical activity is not healthy.  You're being lied to.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Has anyone taken the time to actually read any of the articles on that magazine's site?
Almost all of them are written by liberal (I'm assuming) white women, and they all seem to work racism and "privilege" into the narrative.

It's funny, because it really drives home a point that Johnathan Haidt discussed in his book "The Righteous Mind."
Liberals don't "get" how conservatives think, but conservatives know exactly how liberals "think."
Plenty of Arfcommers could write a goof piece about fighting "fat bias" in the gym, and it'd be indistinguishable from the articles on that site.

They write from a template - sort of a "Liberal Mad Libs" - where they just drop references to the subject at hand into pre-existing boilerplate.

View Quote
The guest on Timcast last night was talking about something similar. Rich white liberals write to the peasants how marriage is outdated, but they're all married and they'll make sure their kids get married too. They talk about "fat acceptance" but they're all reasonably fit and they would never let their kids get obese.

Carl: This place got a pool?
Ty: Pool and a pond... pond would be good for you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I keep refreshing but pics aren’t loading?  Try editing your post.
View Quote

Sorry to disappoint. This all took place in the late 80s early 90s. Big hair, lots of fake boobs and drugs and not a lot of phones with cameras.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

recurring revenue for Big Pharma
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Has anyone taken the time to actually read any of the articles on that magazine’s site?
Almost all of them are written by liberal (I’m assuming) white women, and they all seem to work racism and "privilege" into the narrative.

It’s funny, because it really drives home a point that Johnathan Haidt discussed in his book "The Righteous Mind."
Liberals don’t "get" how conservatives think, but conservatives know exactly how liberals "think."
Plenty of Arfcommers could write a goof piece about fighting "fat bias" in the gym, and it’d be indistinguishable from the articles on that site.

View Quote

Was that book better than Happiness Hypothesis?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Weight lifting and real fitness is becoming more popular with women, which goes against the fat is fine narrative. Not surprised to see the media double down
View Quote

Just running the same game that Cosmo started decades ago

Control the women and you control the men

@Geralt55
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#32]
My county (Palm Beach) have two new bariatric rescue rigs custom built to handle 800 lb patients..
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#33]
The facial expression tells me more than the obvious fat-osity.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

@Geralt55
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weight lifting and real fitness is becoming more popular with women, which goes against the fat is fine narrative. Not surprised to see the media double down

@Geralt55

From what I can tell the media/lefty culture (like on reddit) likes to hold up every female body type, other than natural, fertile, and healthy.

Butter golem? Beauty at any size.
Girl naturally built like tomb raider? Something is wrong with her, she is SexualingTM and needs to chop em off.

Skinny healthyweight girl? Triggering and ProblematicTM
Steroid using girl? "Hehe boys are jealous of the roidclit girl hehe. She is empowering. Actually women are just as strong as men."

In shape healthy girl that keeps her clothes on? "WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS. ITS TOO HARD FOR SOME PEOPLE TO DO THAT."
If she takes her asscheeks out for randos on the internet? "Sexwork is brave. I am Sex PositiveTM and this whole dynamic isnt bad for all parties involved."

These people only like things when it's degenerate, they don't when it's normal, natural, and healthy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
WALL E was prophetic.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Self cleaning oven.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This body positivity crap at any weight is ridiculous. She’s grinding around like a stripper, but nobody would want to look at a stripper that looks like this. For five years I ran an agency that provided exotic entertainers for clubs and private parties, a.k.a. strippers. I conducted many of the auditions. No fatties, no stretch marks, no scars, VERY minimal tattoos. I cannot imagine the disgusting things that show up to audition today. ??
View Quote

you can't just leave this here and walk away
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#38]
The Bible says that in the end times, right will be wrong and wrong will be right, and people will only listen to teachers who tell them what they want to hear. Seems to me like this is now true in EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of our society.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Slap that ass and ride the wave in.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I gotta agree with ya. I've never seen the inside of a health club "gym" in my entire life. I eat healthy (thankfully, I love just about anything that grows out of the ground!), always worked at physical jobs (construction, maintenance, etc.), and stay active in my "retirement" at nearly age 67. Eating garbage and sitting on your ass gets you nowhere. Get up and DO SOMETHING...it's good for you!
View Quote
You should check out a gym.  The spandex camel toes on the chickies are quite breath taking.  The crotch cramper machine is particularly fun to watch, along with the stair climber.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

The media is promoting population control. They're finally doing something right.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Propaganda trying to fatten us up for the inevitable.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sadly, most on ARF are probably closer to that size then they are to a healthy one.
View Quote

Yeah, but we aren't proud of it.  Big difference.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Saw a bunch of people like that after New Years. Most of them have curtailed their health kick by now.

They always seem to take a leisurely stroll on the treadmills. As though they were walking to get the mail.

I'm not much of an iron pumper or a gym bro, but I bust my ass on the elliptical. I'm soaked with sweat within ten minutes easy. I'm no expert, but isn't that the point?
View Quote

I just try to stay out of gyms in january.  Kind of the opposite of most people.  But they're usually back to normal by february.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#46]
that's a lot of self.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And higher insurance premiums for you and I.

We can point and laugh all we want, but at the end of the day, we're paying for their life style choices.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Fitness these days isn't about being fit and in shape and in good health, it's about marketing and selling shit to people.  Fat people are a great market.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They always look so angry.
View Quote
This.  It's very rare to meet a black person without a huge chip on their shoulder.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top