User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Most Americans are idiots and think getting a Stoffers meal and throwing it into the oven is a home cooked meal too.

I'm not going to diss Sweden though, I buy snus from there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the imperial system is superior to the metric system for daily living.   It shouldn't matter to scientists and engineers so they should use it as well.

The imperial "pound" is based on the metric "kilo". Also, I have seen Americans bake, they spend more time doing math than baking.

Most Americans are idiots and think getting a Stoffers meal and throwing it into the oven is a home cooked meal too.

Why project your shortcomings on most Americans?   If you haven't noticed almost every major advancement in science and technology over the last 75 years has been created by "stoopid mericans" but you and NPR know better right?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thickness!?!
Who measure "paper size" by thickness.  
Wrong dimension eurotard.
How about a 3x5 card?
A 5x7 or 8x10 photo?

You don't understand how life works.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because a 10° shift in temperature from 24 to 34 going from comfortabel to DAMN hot makes sense.
When you have to use decimal point degrees in temperature to make sense to the every day natural world, it's not convenient...

You're measuring small every day objects like paper sizes in increments of 1/100th or 1/1000th of a meter when an integer number of inches will do.

lolwut?

We never measure temperature in fractions of degrees in normal life, nor do we measure things like the thickness of paper.

You don't understand how Metric works.

Thickness!?!
Who measure "paper size" by thickness.  
Wrong dimension eurotard.
How about a 3x5 card?
A 5x7 or 8x10 photo?

You don't understand how life works.

Ever heard of A4, A3 etc?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Real 'Mericans drink Coke, and from 12 ounce cans or 24 ounce bottles.
View Quote

I know you're being all sarcastical n shit, but it's the TRUTH!
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why project your shortcomings on most Americans?   If you haven't noticed almost every major advancement in science and technology over the last 75 years has been created by "stoopid mericans" but you and NPR know better right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the imperial system is superior to the metric system for daily living.   It shouldn't matter to scientists and engineers so they should use it as well.

The imperial "pound" is based on the metric "kilo". Also, I have seen Americans bake, they spend more time doing math than baking.

lol
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It was introduced by Pepsi.

Pepsi, as we have learned from GD, is Communist.

Thus, drinking from a two liter bottle probably contaminates your precious bodily fluids.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since The United States is stubbornly retarded and has not switched to the metric system, why is it that we have had 2 liter bottles of soda for more than four decades?

It was introduced by Pepsi.

Pepsi, as we have learned from GD, is Communist.

Thus, drinking from a two liter bottle probably contaminates your precious bodily fluids.

Lol
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll tell you what boy, only in murica are our shelves that strong
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why is A4 not something more convenient and rational...like 200mm x 350mm?
Might as well be 212mm x 337mm.
And those are still 1/1000ths of a meter increments because the reference measurement is too large to use in general daily life.
View Quote

ISO paper sizes are convenient and rational. Show me a more convenient and rational system for paper sizes.

The most common paper is A4. This serves the same function as letter size paper.

The reference measurement is simply a ratio: 1:root 2. Two A4 papers side-by-side equal an A3 paper. An A4 paper cut in half results in two A5 papers.

Here is a good explanation of the difference between ISO papers and American Standard papers.

http://betweenborders.com/wordsmithing/a4-vs-us-letter/
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I use measurements everyday. I only care when it comes to 9mm, 5.56 mm, 7.62 mm, 20 mm etc .
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Because 2 Tbs is so much more difficult to measure than 29ml
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because 2 Tbs is so much more difficult to measure than 29ml
Hold on, let me get my graduated cylinder.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Id like to see imperial dosing on pharma tablets!

1/2345th ounce active ingredient
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#12]
This is officially my favorite thread ever!

Quoted:

You would order a 1/2 pound or a 1/4 pound.  What kind of cum guzzling communist doesn't like fractions.  Fractions are the fun loving clowns of math. The metric system was created by European women so that they would have something to do while growing armpit hair.  It really doesn't make sense for daily living.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw Some numbers on how mush money the US lost by using the imperial system because companies couldn't trade/work with companies from other nations or that the time it took to convert. It was quite a lot
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I saw Some numbers on how mush money the US lost by using the imperial system because companies couldn't trade/work with companies from other nations or that the time it took to convert. It was quite a lot
View Quote

You should see how much we lose because other countries are too stupid to work with English units. Holy cow is English stuff from metric countries bad.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top